Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan (28055 Views)

NYSC 2016 Batch ‘B’ Online Registration For Orientation Course Notice / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date, Says Corps Members Are Fasting / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date, Says Corps Members Are Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Iniesman: 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
Dis men sef..... Dem de think for dia ass? This EUro 2016 are no Muslim taking part in d competition? Why are u guys taking us backword.. Is mesut osil and co not a Muslim taking part in d Euro?is it nt and activity like nysc?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by moh85: 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
walescounis:
Is Nigeria an Islamic Nation?... I just want to confirm all over again.
are u asking or u want to know
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by babajeje123(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
hab1612:

The football players hav no say, they are only few and dy do dis to earn a living. we also hav muslim players in the Nigerian national team? dont we?
Its not a matter of selfish nonsense, Islam doesn't preach that. it a majority thing. alot of muslims are expected for the NYSC. it sud b made fair to all.
RCCG are only fooling demsef? no evidence for fasting in xtianity, they are the once punishing demsef with hunger.
No harm to a 3 weeks postponement of the came, dy will not pay dem less.
Check the calendar for NYSC batch B 2008, we (including me) spent about 5 of our last days in camp, no body say no to dis, but spending almost the whole month in camp? dis means the xtians in support of this are the selfish folks.
You are so wrong by saying Christians don't f was fast. But that is not even an issue, the issue is that well being of Nigerians must come first without any religious string. Do you know the number of prospective corps members that will be held to ransom if camping is postponed because some group of people are fasting? Nigeria is not an Islamic state

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by hab1612(m): 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
Samunique:
No evidence of fasting in the Bible / Christianity grin ?

Another fantastically ignorant bigot on the loose

kindly explain, and show us the proof from Bible, if truly you are not the "most fantastically ignorant bigot fool on the loose"

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by hab1612(m): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
babajeje123:

You are so wrong by saying Christians don't f was fast. But that is not even an issue, the issue is that well being of Nigerians must come first without any religious string. Do you know the number of prospective corps members that will be held to ransom if camping is postponed because some group of people are fasting? Nigeria is not an Islamic state

It is NOT just some groups, its is one of the two major religions in Nigeria with 99.99% of its followers fasting.
Hope u knw dis? all muslims fast, unlike xtians where minority fast.
delaying it wont kill anybody, it will only increase the unity in camp which is one of the aims of the NYSC. or u expect while the muslims in camp are fasting, they sud b watching the xtians eating?? it better wen everybody can eat and participate in activities TOGETHER.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Samunique(m): 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
hab1612:

kindly explain, and show us the proof from Bible, if truly you are not the "most fantastically ignorant bigot fool on the loose"

Matt 6:16-18.
Matt 17:21
Mark 9:29
1cor 7:5.
Jer 36:6

Remember Christians do not fast religiously the way u people do, fasting rests solely on individual decision and conviction not by compulsion.

We seek God through prayer and fasting and not religiously and we don't go about announcing it on the house top and causing mayhem everywhere bcs we are fasting.
So many none-Muslims in some Islamic countries are under serious treats and severe restrictions just bcs Muslims are fasting, tell me the essence of a fast that makes others uncomfortable ?

For more on biblical fast pls read Isaiah 58:1-6, Matt 6:16-17 you will realise that the difference is clear !!!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Tommyobady: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
I will wait for federal government reply before I talk
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by hab1612(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
Samunique:

Matt 6:16-18.
Matt 17:21
Mark 9:29
1cor 7:5.
Jer 36:6

Remember Christians do not fast religiously the way u people do, fasting rests solely on individual decision and conviction not by compulsion.

We seek God through prayer and fasting and not religiously and we don't go about announcing it on the house top and causing mayhem everywhere bcs we are fasting.
So many none-Muslims in some Islamic countries are under serious treats and severe restrictions just bcs Muslims are fasting, tell me the essence of a fast that makes others uncomfortable ?

For more on biblical fast pls read Isaiah 58:1-6, Matt 6:16-17 you will realise that the difference is clear !!!

From what i read
1. i dont know wich version u brought dem out from? New testament, king James version, now version or old version of the bible.
2. i dint see where u were instructd to fast personally, i only read story of people wu hav fasted
3. belive me ONLY few xtians fast either secretly of openly, dis show the level of obeying God in xtianity.
4. how many days where u suppose to fast? how many times, from what period to what period? i dint see any of this there. a religion with no guidance on how to fast, anybody can fast as he/she likes no b so?? just dont tel anybody n rub oil on ur face, no b so??

These are your bible quotations below.

Matthew 6:16-18
16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Matthew 17:21 New King James Version (NKJV)
21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
Mark 9:29New International Version (NIV)
29 He replied, “This kind can come out only by prayer”
1 Corinthians 7:5
5Do not deprive one another, except by mutual consent for a limited time, so you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again, so thatSatan will not tempt you through your lack of self-control.
Jeremiah 36:6
6"So you go and read from the scroll which you have written at my dictationthe words of the LORD to the people in the LORD'S house on a fast day. And also you shall read them to all the people of Judah who come from their cities.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Ebunoluwa20(f): 2:23am On Jun 12, 2016
hab1612:

It is NOT just some groups, its is one of the two major religions in Nigeria with 99.99% of its followers fasting.
delaying it wont kill anybody, it will only increase the unity in camp which is one of the aims of the NYSC. or u expect while the muslims in camp are fasting, they sud b watching the xtians eating?? it better wen everybody can eat and participate in activities TOGETHER.

Is that what you call fasting? You eat from 6pm until 4am and put your selves on hunger strike deceiving yourselves that you're fasting. If the Muslims cannot go to camp allow the Christians to go after all there are other batches still to come so they can wait. You dear open that ur mouth to talk about selfishness so asking stream 2 pcm to wait until your finish ur hunger strike is not selfishness right? After they have waited for this long, if you ppl like protest from here to hell. It has been signed already and no more going back so WAKE UP!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by funkybully(f): 2:25am On Jun 12, 2016
[s]
hab1612:

From what i read
1. i dont know wich version u brought dem out from? New testament, king James version, now version or old version of the bible.
2. i dint see where u were instructd to fast personally, i only read story of people wu hav fasted
3. belive me ONLY few xtians fast either secretly of openly, dis show the level of obeying God in xtianity.
4. how many days where u suppose to fast? how many times, from what period to what period? i dint see any of this there. a religion with no guidance on how to fast, anybody can fast as he/she likes no b so?? just dont tel anybody n rub oil on ur face, no b so??

16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
5Do not deprive one another, except by mutual consent for a limited time, so you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again, so thatSatan will not tempt you through your lack of self-control.
6"So you go and read from the scroll which you have written at my dictationthe words of the LORD to the people in the LORD'S house on a fast day. And also you shall read them to all the people of Judah who come from their cities.
[/s]

If the above blasphemous comments u made against Christianity was made against ur terrorist Islamic cult, u would have started shouting alakubaru looking for head to cut.

The word Christian means imitator of Christ, in Christianity u have d free will , not under bondage. Christ fasted for 40 days and Christians follow that step during lent before Easter, telling me that few Christian fast is utter gibberish. When we fast we don't do like Pharisees a.k.a Muslims that go about monitoring who fasts, nor tell the world we are fasting, that's hypocrisy.

The argument is we fast, and u have been shown the bible passages, now shut up ur starving mouth and reason like a fasting Muslim and not a fanatic.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Ebunoluwa20(f): 2:31am On Jun 12, 2016
funkybully:
[s][/s]

If the above blasphemous comments u made against Christianity was made against ur terrorist Islamic cult, u would have started shouting alakubaru looking for head to cut.

The word Christian means imitator of Christ, in Christianity u have d free will , not under bondage. Christ fasted for 40 days and Christians follow that step during lent before Easter, telling me that few Christian fast is utter gibberish. When we fast we don't do like Pharisees a.k.a Muslims that go about monitoring who fasts, nor tell the world we are fasting, that's hypocrisy.

The argument is we fast, and u have been shown the bible passages, now shut up ur starving mouth and reason like a fasting Muslim and not a fanatic.

God bless you dear! Yhu nailed it right there.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Ebunoluwa20(f): 2:34am On Jun 12, 2016
Petjoel:
Out of point,shld nysc extend d date because of fasting?anybody that is ready to serve shld to camp and anybody that is not ready shld stay back at home.it is not by force to serve ur fatherland.

After all there's still other batches to come. So they can wait, stream 2 Christians would grace dia ways to camp. Shikenan!
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by aksule(m): 4:37am On Jun 12, 2016
Religion is supposed to be personal. Somehow either by mistake or design the powers that be brought it as an institution forcing you to abide by their beliefs and eventually destroying humanity. Reading meanings to national life in their religious beliefs. Rather unfortunate.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by sanerugwei: 7:10am On Jun 12, 2016
I have a very simple solution to this.
Let all those who are not fasting go plus those from the next batch who don't fast. Then move mohamedians to the next batch.
That way they can observe their hunger strike for now. They can also take leave without pay from work while observing their 101 so called fast.
Buncha hypocrites...so you load up your tummy with heavy breakfast at 5am skip lunch and load up again with heavy diner including fruits ....just skipping lunch and you are still complaining...
There is a reason the first meal of the day is called breakFAST.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by HappySmokey(m): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2016
You guys should stop debating about this issue. I'm currently in Agwu camp. I arrived here (Enugu) yesterday. Camp preparation has been made -soldiers r entering here this morning. So if u r still thinking whether to travel or not bcus of FASTING
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Rexyl(m): 7:47am On Jun 12, 2016
politicizing fasting is very wrong. Why are some ppl doing like this, forgetting that God is spirit and not politician who you can hail to drop something. You worship in truth and righteousness to receive from him.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by cute0077: 8:33am On Jun 12, 2016
Shey na by force to fast abi if u no fast for one week. U no go go heaven ni
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2016
na by force to go service? what nonsense....
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
odutolasodiq:
nobody is trying to create problems ma'am, the argument put forth by MURIC is very reasonable. If u have been to the NYSC camp u would understand it's almost impossible to combine those military drills(both morning and evening) with fasting.
I served batch '13B..so wat are u saying...

and point of correction..the argument put forth by MURIC is very unreasonable and highly selfish! so what about muslim military men and women who are observing the fast and still go about their normal duties? did they drop dead?

or what do you want to say about the Muslim countries like Saudi, do u think they would stop their military from going to war or stop them from observing ormal military activities because of fasting?

BTW, if the stress is getting too much, they can always be exempted from activities.. my sis served in anambra some years ago during fasting period, and they were given some sort of preferential treatment in terms of participating in activities..

once again, some of you Muslims just like to create trouble and are lazy too.. undecided
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by hab1612(m): 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
funkybully:
[s][/s]

NOTE; NOT all muslims look for head to cut, some speak sense to people lik you.
its not blaspheming, i ONLY ask for evidence and i was not given any? if you can help us out!
1. where in the bible were xtians called imitator of christ? where are dy called Christians in the bible?? tell us the verse?
2. tell us were in the bible were you ask to fast? direct commandment on xtains to fast?
3. show us how many days, u are ask to fast, n in what form?? how many hours?
4. just bcouse somebody fasted, does not mean i sud fast? does not mak it a compulsary act, i guess dat is y minority fast in christianity. Yes, christ fasted, where u ask to fast? who has a starving mouth now think am nah
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by hab1612(m): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ebunoluwa20:

Is that what you call fasting? You eat from 6pm until 4am and put your selves on hunger strike deceiving yourselves that you're fasting. If the Muslims cannot go to camp allow the Christians to go after all there are other batches still to come so they can wait. You dear open that ur mouth to talk about selfishness so asking stream 2 pcm to wait until your finish ur hunger strike is not selfishness right? After they have waited for this long, if you ppl like protest from here to hell. It has been signed already and no more going back so WAKE UP!

you hav never fasted, dat is y u dont know how to control ur mouth, if u do ur reasoning faculty wont call someone fasting "on hunger strike".
if its the aim of the NYSC to unite us, dy will programme the activities at a time for equal opportunity to everyone to eat and participate in all camp activities.
NOTE we eat from sunset to sunrise, and abstain from sunrise to sunset, this vary from place to place and its ONLY controlled by the one n ONLY God (ALLAH).
tell us wu control ur own fasting, datZ if u do fast sef.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Samunique(m): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
hab1612:

From what i read

Read my post again and again your questions have been answered there , besides Christianity is not Islam , we don't fast religiously like u people.

And again, what gave u an impression that few Christians fast ?

That's the problem with u people ! U listen to your imams , u believe whatever the tell u without any research.
OK give me statistical evidence u have that makes u believe few Christians fast, or maybe u want them to keep announcing they are fasting just like upeople?

Bunch of hypocrites !!!
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by babajeje123(m): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
hab1612:

That Christians don't fast is a lie. They just don't make noise about it. That is the truth and you may not accept it. Be as it may, as long as Nigeria does not support any religion, she should not change her programs to fit the demands of a religious sect to the detriment of others. Graduates would have to stay more at home wasting away their time if camping is postponed. I was in Bauchi Orientation camp in 2008 & Muslim corps members fasted. As many as those who didn't want to participate in some of the activities were excluded. We can't hold thousands of lives to ransom in the name of fasting. It is abusing the right of others a nd I don't think your God will like it.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Samunique(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
funkybully:
[s][/s]

Thank you very much sister and God bless you !!!

Jus as I told him (@hab1612 ) in my post earlier, the guy is fantastically and fanatically ignorant.

His types just follow blindly whatever their Imams tell them.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by odutolasodiq(m): 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
booqee:
I served batch '13B..so wat are u saying...

and point of correction..the argument put forth by MURIC is very unreasonable and highly selfish! so what about muslim military men and women who are observing the fast and still go about their normal duties? did they drop dead?

or what do you want to say about the Muslim countries like Saudi, do u think they would stop their military from going to war or stop them from observing ormal military activities because of fasting?

BTW, if the stress is getting too much, they can always be exempted from activities.. my sis served in anambra some years ago during fasting period, and they were given some sort of preferential treatment in terms of participating in activities..

once again, some of you Muslims just like to create trouble and are lazy too.. undecided
well said! but muslims are not troublesome, u can actually argued without pointing accusing fingers.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by hab1612(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Samunique:
Thank you very much sister and God bless you !!!

Jus as I told him (@hab1612 ) in my post earlier, the guy is fantastically and fanatically ignorant.

His types just follow blindly whatever their Imams tell them.

hab1612 will not argue with somebody which cant make a sentence without using foul words (fantastically and fanatically ignorant are not necessary).

use ur brain mahn, all i did was to air my opinion on the matter at hand, u raise other issues and i ask for proof wich both of you (@Samunique and @funkybully) cud not provide.
I am using this opportunity to invite you both to Islam, and experience peace lik never before.
Peace on to you both
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by hab1612(m): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
Samunique:
Read my post again and again your questions have been answered there , besides Christianity is not Islam , we don't fast religiously like u people.

And again, what gave u an impression that few Christians fast ?

That's the problem with u people ! U listen to your imams , u believe whatever the tell u without any research.
OK give me statistical evidence u have that makes u believe few Christians fast, or maybe u want them to keep announcing they are fasting just like upeople?

Bunch of hypocrites !!!

@Samunique
1. can you sincerely tell us wen last you fasted ??
2. how many did u fast??
3. have u ever fasted 40 completely in a year as at wen prescribe to fast?
christianity is just a religion of do as u lik, nobody questions u.
am very sure u dont fast and ur mum n pastor will b loking at u and all dy will say is "brother Samunique, u knw u supose to fast". wu are the Bunch of hypocrites here?
keep deciving ursf dat u ar fasting?
open ur eyes to the truth.
never die until u are a muslin, u hear me.
i hav said my piece.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Samunique(m): 10:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
hab1612:

hab1612 will not argue with somebody which cant make a sentence without using foul words (fantastically and fanatically ignorant are not necessary).

use ur brain mahn, all i did was to air my opinion on the matter at hand, u raise other issues and i ask for proof wich both of you (@Samunique and @funkybully) cud not provide.
I am using this opportunity to invite you both to Islam, and experience peace lik never before.
Peace on to you both
Forward ever backward never, I will never go back to Egypt !!!

You talk of peace in Islam ?
Oh u mean the type of peaceful peace they are enjoying in Maiduguri, Yobe , Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya etc

Well, l reject that type of peace in Jesus name !!!

For your information, I have the prince of peace living in me so peace like a river is flowing in my heart.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by hab1612(m): 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
Samunique:
Forward ever backward never, I will never go back to Egypt !!!

You talk of peace in Islam ?
Oh u mean the type of peaceful peace they are enjoying in Maiduguri, Yobe , Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya etc

Well, l reject that type of peace in Jesus name !!!

For your information, I have the prince of peace living in me so peace like a river is flowing in my heart.

ask ursef wu is causing the peace over there in the places u mention? if u can find the answer sincerely u will not ask wat type of peace!
what dy are practicing dia is not islam, read about Islam and take a decision, dont judge by what is happening, judge by what is suppose to happen my dear friend grin, no beauty as Islam, if truly u new.
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by 2undeee(m): 5:47am On Jun 20, 2016
na because of people like una wey no respect other people religion and tradition NYSC come in place
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
prequel:
what nonsense

Happy birthday honey
Re: Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan by coolestchris(m): 10:53pm On May 22, 2017
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A: Important Changes For Prospective Corp Members / Corps Member Gifted ₦1M For Dance Passion (Pics, Video) / Unical Graduate Who Died While Serving In Ebonyi State Buried Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.