Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? (10293 Views)

I Saw This Condom Dispenser In A Bank In Kenya (Photo) / Pictures Of 3 Train Stations In Kenya / Nigerian Living In Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by jeron1(m): 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2016
im planning on going on tourist vacation to any african country. I have made my research about Kenya or Tanzania but my fears about kenya is whem I hear of AL-Shabab militants. I think Tanzania and I want to know cost of living there in a hotel for like 6nights and tourist destinations I can go to.

please I need advice on this.

anybody who has traveled to Tanzania or kenya before should please advice.

Thanks
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by firstolalekan(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
jeron1:
im planning on going on tourist vacation to any african country. I have made my research about Kenya or Tanzania but my fears about kenya is whem I hear of AL-Shabab militants. I think Tanzania and I want to know cost of living there in a hotel for like 6nights and tourist destinations I can go to.

Thanks
KenyA

Thank me later
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by prinsam30: 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
I think Kenya is OK, their babes are the most friendly

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
jeron1:

Thanks
Tanzanians speak less English than Kenya the standard language for instruction and government is Kiswahili. But Tanzania is more laid back and easy going.

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by jeron1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Muafrika2:

Tanzanians speak less English than Kenya the standard language for instruction and government is Kiswahili. But Tanzania is more laid back and easy going.

laid back in what sense?.

which country has d best destination for tourist.

I feel like visiting mount kilimanjaro
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by jeron1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
prinsam30:
I think Kenya is OK, their babes are the most friendly

bad guy, babes na tourist destination?

3 Likes

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by prinsam30: 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
jeron1:

bad guy, babes na tourist destination?

grin grin
my one cent contribution na

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
jeron1:

Laid back in that life is very slow paced. Proper African timers. They are very courteous people.

For the best destinations, Kenya definitely beats Tanzania with greater diversity, being a higher earner of tourism revenue. There was talk of a joint Kenya - Uganda - Rwanda tourism visa some time ago. I don't know if it is already in force.

I am not very conversant with Tanzania, and it's destinations. But there are a couple of similarities.

2 Likes

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by elgorethi: 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
jeron1:

Thanks

You can also consider Rwanda. It is a lovely country to visit. Forget about d movie "Sometimes In April" I can assure you gonna enjoy every bit of that country. I have been there and i have always refer that country to all my friends. Crime rate is extremely low, infact i have never heard of any robbery case since i hv bn visiting that country. Its got lots of tourist sites and life there is very cheap. You can get a visa on arrival for $30, good hotel in a citty center at $40 per night or less.

4 Likes

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by elgorethi: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
You can also consider Rwanda. It is a lovely country to visit. Forget about d movie "Sometimes In April" I can assure you gonna enjoy every bit of that country. I have been there and i have always refer that country to all my friends. Crime rate is extremely low, infact i have never heard of any robbery case since i hv bn visiting that country. Its got lots of tourist sites and life there is very cheap. You can get a visa on arrival for $30, good hotel in a citty center at $40 per night or less.

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2016
@elgorethi,please can u tell us more about the place in terms of immigration stuff for a foreigner who intends to stay there and make a living.How is Accomodation like?Standard of living permit stuff and lastly their women,lols.
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by BOKO52(m): 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
heaven4me:
@elgorethi,please can u tell us more about the place in terms of immigration stuff for a foreigner who intends to stay there and make a living.How is Accomodation like?Standard of living permit stuff and lastly their women,lols.
Hmm why rwanda,u beta stay bck here in nigeria, i don't know what u will be looking for in a country like rwanda::
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by jeron1(m): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
elgorethi:

nice one... price of ticket amd airline please
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by goodieuzo: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
BOKO52:
Hmm why rwanda,u beta stay bck here in nigeria, i don't know what u will be looking for in a country like rwanda::
why discourage him?if Rwanda have an organise society,with good amenities he can go and hustle.I even heard that their IT system is strong.

2 Likes

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
Don't mind people that has nothing to offer than discouragement. Probably he's not been there once
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by koniyah: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by 2wizkids(m): 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
am considering taking my wife on vacation, but i will like to know which african country you guys would recommend , i want to surprise her with it. thanks

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by UncleBen(m): 11:57am On Jun 17, 2016
I live in kenya and what those guys are saying about Kenya is absolutely right. Contact me for more reservation and bookings +254701477028

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by wip7: 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
2wizkids:
am considering taking my wife on vacation, but i will like to know which african country you guys would recommend , i want to surprise her with it. thanks

jeron1:
anybody who has travelled to Tanzania or Kenya before should please advice.
Thanks

I will recommend you apply for EAST AFRICAN TOURIST VISA (It covers Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda). It cost just 100USD and easy to obtain. Rwanda is a lovely and clean country. Less crime, people are easy to approach, and they have lovely food with a touch of French cuisines.

In my last vacation which am planning to repeat so soon. I visited Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Congo. Kenya is more developed when compared to others, but I enjoyed Rwanda most. My journey started from Turkey direct to Kenya via emirate, spent 4 days in Kenya, flew to Uganda via Kenya Airway cost 90USD. Spent 11 days in Uganda (here, they love goat meat like anything and fufu)..lodged at Munyonyo Speke Resort (its amazing place). Then flew to Rwanda via Rwanda Air cost 105USD just around 50 mins. The airport is super clean and small. The immigration at Kigali Airport is over friendly and lots of Tourist from France and other European countries. Rented a clean 3-star hotel for 50USD per night at Kigali city centre, went for gorilla trekking and visited lots of tourist places.....then rent a car to Lake Kivu...from Lake Kivu entered cheap boat/ship to Congo.

In all, I spent 30 days exploring Rwanda and 10 days in Tanzania.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by jeron1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
wip7:

I will recommend you apply for EAST AFRICAN TOURIST VISA (It covers Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda). It cost just 100USD and easy to obtain. Rwanda is a lovely and clean country. Less crime, people are easy to approach, and they have lovely food with a touch of French cuisines.

In my last vacation which am planning to repeat so soon. I visited Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Congo. Kenya is more developed when compared to others, but I enjoyed Rwanda most. My journey started from Turkey direct to Kenya via emirate, spent 4 days in Kenya, flew to Uganda via Kenya Airway cost 90USD. Spent 11 days in Uganda (here, they love goat meat like anything and fufu)..lodged at Munyonyo Speke Resort (its amazing place). Then flew to Rwanda via Rwanda Air cost 105USD just around 50 mins. The airport is super clean and small. The immigration at Kigali Airport is over friendly and lots of Tourist from France and other European countries. Rented a clean 3-star hotel for 50USD per night at Kigali city centre, went for gorilla trekking and visited lots of tourist places.....then rent a car to Lake Kivu...from Lake Kivu entered cheap boat/ship to Congo.

In all, I spent 30 days exploring Rwanda and 10 days in Tanzania.

how do I apply for d east africa tourist visa?
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
@wip7,please can u tell us with your own experience ,the best place to migrate to and settle down out of Tanzania,Kenya,Uganda and Rwanda. Tell us where living standard is cheaper and better to stay and do business,thanks.
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by wip7: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
jeron1:

how do I apply for d east africa tourist visa?

You can visit the embassy page of the concerned country the procedure to apply is there, can be applied online and delivered on arrival. I got mine on arrival. With Eastern African visa you can enter all those which saves you money. If you choose to enter them individually, the cheapest is Rwanda (30USD) and Uganda is 100usd but the visa looks beautiful grin grin....its cheaper to enjoy Safaris in Tanzania if you fly from Kigali to Arusha in Tanzania.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by jeron1(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
wip7:

You can visit the embassy page of the concerned country the procedure to apply is there, can be applied online and delivered on arrival. I got mine on arrival. With Eastern African visa you can enter all those which saves you money. If you choose to enter them individually, the cheapest is Rwanda (30USD) and Uganda is 100usd but the visa looks beautiful grin grin....its cheaper to enjoy Safaris in Tanzania if you fly from Kigali to Arusha in Tanzania.

thanks bro... truly appreciate
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by wip7: 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
heaven4me:
@wip7,please can u tell us with your own experience ,the best place to migrate to and settle down out of Tanzania,Kenya,Uganda and Rwanda. Tell us where living standard is cheaper and better to stay and do business,thanks.

Actually, my visit to these countries was just a touristic trips. I have not been to Africa for ages so I was looking to enjoy African beauty. My initial plan was to visit Cape Verde, Seychelles and Angola for a total of 30 days. Anyway, I ended visiting 5 of those eastern African. Kenya has a big market for business and lot of Indian live there, Uganda is cheapest based on the few days I spent there but Uganda is very dirty and major shops are also own by Indian.

Rwanda is landlocked region, population is low, not everybody speak English but if you speak French you will enjoy, they have beautiful women, I think they have the tallest people in the world or Africa (Tutsi tribes), the neatest but more expensive to live compared with Uganda and Tanzania ...they have more Chinese compared to Indian. There are few Nigerian in Rwanda. One can open a business and get the documents within 2-3 days in Rwanda, I did that as I now buy coffee from there to supply to coffee outlets here.

In Tanzania, I spend most of my days in hotel, beach, mountain climbing and viewing some beautiful women with clean natural color (not bleaching). I wish I can upload some of these pics here...

I will be visiting these places shortly again. But left for me I will choose to live in Rwanda compared to those cos of safety, IT hubs, and ease of starting a business. However, as I mentioned earlier my trips are touristic in nature and cannot be used as a YES or NO....for you to relocate to any country, It will be nice if you visit and spend 3-6 months then you can decide if its right place or not. The visa are easy and can be obtained.

But please anywhere you go, be honest, dont bring Nigeria name down and dont bring shame to yourself and Nigeria.

Best wishes!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
@wip7,thanks for the detailed info bro.I can bet u on this that I intend going to any of these places for a genuine business and nothing more.Just looking for a place I can easily settle down and do some business,that's all.But from what u said concerning Rwanda ,i'd really like to know how to go about getting ones business registered there and how to get their visa.As for Tanzania ,I heard the place is colourful especially their women but my question noe is are they prettier than Rwandan women ?thanks for your reply bro.
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
@wip7,thanks for the detailed info bro.I can bet u on this that I intend going to any of these places for a genuine business and nothing more.Just looking for a place I can easily settle down and do some business,that's all.But from what u said concerning Rwanda ,i'd really like to know how to go about getting ones business registered there and how to get their visa.As for Tanzania ,I heard the place is colourful especially their women but my question noe is are they prettier than Rwandan women ?thanks for your reply bro....
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by wip7: 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
heaven4me:
@wip7,thanks for the detailed info bro.I can bet u on this that I intend going to any of these places for a genuine business and nothing more.Just looking for a place I can easily settle down and do some business,that's all.But from what u said concerning Rwanda ,i'd really like to know how to go about getting ones business registered there and how to get their visa.As for Tanzania ,I heard the place is colourful especially their women but my question noe is are they prettier than Rwandan women ?thanks for your reply bro....

About visa and business ...you will find valuable information on each country embassy website. Visit the embassy websites and you can easily email the embassy as well for steps and procedure to apply for visa.

You can also visit the embassy in person to ask information.

About which women is more beautiful....you will need to also find out when you visit these countries ....beauty is in the eyes of beholder...

Best wishes in your trip!

2 Likes

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 18, 2016
@wip7,thanks bro once again,I have sent u a pm pls try and reply me so as we can exchange contact or something for further personal info I'd like to be cleared about,thanks.
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by BOKO52(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hmm so Rwanda is now the real deal :::
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by mibas: 7:45am On Jun 19, 2016
BOKO52:
Hmm so Rwanda is now the real deal :::
Rwanda now is a big deal brother. Last month i was there and enjoyed enough.

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Royat1(m): 8:39am On Jun 19, 2016
mibas:
Rwanda now is a big deal brother. Last month i was there and enjoyed enough.
Please bro how much will it cost to get a tourist visa to Uganda
Re: Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? by Ramaa(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
jeron1:

Welcome to Tanzania....the land of all tourist destination.....to mention few we have Serengeti, Kilimanjaro national park, Ngoro ngoro crater, Tarangire ,Mkomazi, Saadani and so much more with high quality hotels with good accomodations......

Karibu sana...(you are welcome)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa Visa / Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself / The Functions Of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority And 6 Ways They Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.