Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? (1319 Views)

"Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / "Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by ikorodureporta: 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
I'm not tryn to be blasphemous, but i have to share my thought...

I'v seen many people loosing hope afta a long wait in different areas of life challenges: the sick still passing away afta so much fasting & prayers; jobless people still being hopeless afta donating tithes & offerings; people being attacked by witches even though they are practising Christians;.....& the biggest of them all is how fake churches operate under His name, encamping all sorts of demons & evil practitioners, & still excel as a church.....

What are your thought?
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by Erebeshe: 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
no matter how u choose not to blaspheme...it is only apparent dat it is blasphemy...d name of Jesus will ever remain effective. just try and find time to engage in people's testimony to boost ur faith...besides God has a time for everyone, which u can't compel him to.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by babajeje123(m): 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
The Name of Jesus still works like before. All those negative occurences you cited happen due to a lot of reasons. It could be sin, unbelief, trial of faith & so many others. In fact, it could be that God's Name be exalted. As for those churches using Jesus' Name to perpetrate evil, Jesus Himself said they would use His Name but their end will be unfavorable.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by kevoh(m): 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
kikiki People who speak spanish name their kids Jesus all the time grin Maybe that's why it's no longer effective. We should blame the spanish guys!

In the next few posts after mine, they will come here and say the real name is Christ not only Jesus. As if that will change or render it effective.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Absolutely powerless name. Only good for cutting birthday cakes.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by ValentineMary(m): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
undecided Who Jesus epp ?

4 Likes

Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by ifenes(m): 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
It never was

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

YOU KNOW,

MOST GIRLS NOW USE IT AS THEIR SOUNDTRACK WHEN YOU SMASHING THEM HARD cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by geoworldedu: 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
Erebeshe:
no matter how u choose not to blaspheme...it is only apparent dat it is blasphemy...d name of Jesus will ever remain effective. just try and find time to engage in people's testimony to boost ur faith...besides God has a time for everyone, which u can't compel him to.

E dey work true true na hin I open thread for formally cancer patients to come and share the testimony of how the lord saved them from cancer. Nobody, yet we see thousands of people on video. I'm beginning to think that they are ghost sef, when we can not even see them physically on earth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU KNOW,

MOST GIRLS NOW USE IT AS THEIR SOUNDTRACK WHEN YOU SMASHING THEM HARD cheesy
Yeah.... I remember the song sef..

Come, Sweet Jesus, I need you...
Come, in your strength and your power..
Fill my tongue with fresh milk..
May my lips sing of your glory..
Everlasting Prince of Peace.. come..

4 Likes

Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by mrZENographer: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
ikorodureporta:

I'v seen many people loosing hope afta a long wait in different areas of life challenges: the sick still passing away afta so much fasting & prayers; jobless people still being hopeless afta donating tithes & offerings; people being attacked by witches even though they are practising Christians;.....& the biggest of them all is how fake churches operate under His name, encamping all sorts of demons & evil practitioners, & still excel as a church.....

What are your thought?

Many shall come in my name and deceive many.
What determines the effectiveness of the name of Jesus in the mouth of a believer is

1) Level of Anointing of God.
2) The Kind and level of gifts of God.
3) Level of one's righteous and relationship with God

Well if you are looking for someone who performs miracles like apostle paul, come to The Lord's Chosen where at the name of Jesus blindness, deaf....unemployment, poverty.....spirit husband, yokes bow.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by geoworldedu: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
mrZENographer:

What determines the effectiveness of the name of Jesus in the mouth of a believer is

Well if you are looking for someone who performs miracles like apostle paul, come to The Lord's Chosen where at the name of Jesus blindness, deaf....unemployment, poverty.....spirit husband, yokes bow.
Oga, I have opened thread for those people to come and share their testimonies to glorify the names of jehova but they haven't shown up yet. O so sorry I have not opened for the blind and to come and share their testimonies. It's for lame and cancer patients I opened before. Lemme go and open Blind own asap.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Yeah.... I remember the song sef..

Come, Sweet Jesus, I need you...
Come, in your strength and your power..
Fill my tongue with fresh milk..
May my lips sing of your glory..
Everlasting Prince of Peace.. come..

THE ONLY THING IN HISTORY THAT GUY COULD EVER FILL WAS MARY MAGDALENE'S MOUTH,
WITH FRESH CυM
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by Erebeshe: 6:54am On Jun 12, 2016
geoworldedu:

E dey work true true na hin I open thread for formally cancer patients to come and share the testimony of how the lord saved them from cancer. Nobody, yet we see thousands of people on video. I'm beginning to think that they are ghost sef, when we can not even see them physically on earth.
dat nobody contributed 2 ur thread does not mean there has nt bn any miracle...come to think of it, apart frm me who else has contributed to dis ur thread...my guy turn around b4 u tend towards being an atheist
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 12, 2016
I will address this issue shortly.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by OgundeleT(m): 8:36am On Jun 12, 2016
it has not been effective and will never be effective
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by orisa37: 9:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Songs of Lucifer Theory. That's the Prologue.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by balosammy(m): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

U are indeed the son of Lucifer ...... May God forgives u and revive u
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by rejosom(m): 10:06am On Jun 12, 2016
mrZENographer:

I hope Seun has collected advert fee from you, else go and confess your sins.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by enilove(m): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2016
The name of Jesus can never change and can never be powerless . There is no name like d name of our Lord Jesus. It is written in :
Philippians 2:9-11 KJV
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The question then is , why is the name not working for some people and why is it working for some people all the time or sometimes?

Answer is, Sin or lack of faith.
Jesus said in :
John 4:23-24 KJV
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. [24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

We can also see reason in :
Acts 19:13-17 KJV
Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. [14] And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. [15] And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? [16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. [17] And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

In summary, you must be a true child of God and have faith .
Hebrews 11:6 KJV
But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Proverbs 18:10 KJV
The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the RIGHTEOUS runneth into it, and is safe.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by geoworldedu: 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
Erebeshe:

dat nobody contributed 2 ur thread does not mean there has nt bn any miracle...come to think of it, apart frm me who else has contributed to dis ur thread...my guy turn around b4 u tend towards being an atheist

Yes I have turned around to the DOCTUFOS which believes that jehovah is Satan himself while DOMINO REVERAD is the father of jehovah and he is the GOD who created the world with a BIG BANG!!!
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by ikorodureporta: 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
enilove:
The name of Jesus can never change and can never be powerless . There is no name like d name of our Lord Jesus. It is written in :
Philippians 2:9-11 KJV
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The question then is , why is the name not working for some people and why is it working for some people all the time or sometimes?

Answer is, Sin or lack of faith.
Jesus said in :
John 4:23-24 KJV
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. [24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

We can also see reason in :
Acts 19:13-17 KJV
Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. [14] And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. [15] And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? [16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. [17] And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

In summary, you must be a true child of God and have faith .
Hebrews 11:6 KJV
But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Proverbs 18:10 KJV
The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the RIGHTEOUS runneth into it, and is safe.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by Joagbaje(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
ikorodureporta:

What are your thought?

The name of Jesus has worked and produced results now more than ever in history . Just go on YouTube and see for yourself
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by urahara(m): 12:35am On Jun 16, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

You ehn. grin grin grin

U are ungodly funny.

Kai.

This enormous sense of humour in one person
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by stonemasonn: 9:06am On Jun 16, 2016
The name of Jesus is gradually being overtaken by the God of chosen, the God of TB Joshua, the God of Rev King and many others.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by DeSepiero(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2016
geoworldedu:

Yes I have turned around to the DOCTUFOS which believes that jehovah is Satan himself while DOMINO REVERAD is the father of jehovah and he is the GOD who created the world with a BIG BANG!!!

You seem to be befuddled.
So Allah is a dog too? your signature says so.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by geoworldedu: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

You seem to be befuddled.
So Allah is a dog too? your signature says so.
any god who does not give himself brain is a dog. ALLAH IS A DOG.
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by emeritusali(m): 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
geoworldedu:

Chai, This guy lasan.... Lol cheesy
geoworldedu:

Chai, This guy lasan.... Lol
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
urahara:

You ehn. grin grin grin

U are ungodly funny.

Kai.

This enormous sense of humour in one person
tongue
Re: Is It True That The Name Of Jesus Is No Longer Effective?? by ikorodureporta: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
Joagbaje:

The name of Jesus has worked and produced results now more than ever in history . Just go on YouTube and see for yourself

(1) (Reply)

How To Praise Your Victory In With The #hallelujahchallenge By Nathaniel Bassey / Christians Are Dangerous. Testimonies That Should Be Disturbing Celebrated / I Am The Best Dressed Pastor In Town - COZA Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.