Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (21441 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 12, 2016
It's no news that many of us Christians are fast losing our religion, a Sunday is just like any other day in our calender. What really Is the reason for this? And what could make you start going to church again.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by DesChyko: 6:42am On Jun 12, 2016
The reason is just one. That is preference to obey the flesh than to live in the spirit. Anything like tiredness, work to do, no light to iron clothes, e.t.c., are nothing but excuses. You can deceive others, but not yourself. It is when we have problems that our brains return to default settings.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by lifezone247(m): 6:48am On Jun 12, 2016
God is everywhere, you can as well be in your house praise and worship with your family, (For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them)
Matt. 18:20

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by dyadeleye(m): 7:01am On Jun 12, 2016
As long as there is discrimination between the churches/organisations .......different norms,believes..
etc....I'm gonna stick to my Bible...shekina#

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by menxer: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2016
...guess we are getting tired of feel good religiosity that leaves our pocket wanting. grin

When you discover that you need not be on top a mountain to communicate with God.

When you discover that fear peddling in churches and Love of God doesn't mix.

When you discover that "paganism" is the skeleton in Christianity. grin

When you discover there are dimensions and realities beyond the accepted teachings of church.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by hertz9te(m): 7:07am On Jun 12, 2016
Dont Know Which Church 2 Go To

7 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Akshow: 7:23am On Jun 12, 2016
I figured out that we human beings are born with a moral compass and font need reset every Sunday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 12, 2016
Church ain't solving my problems...nothin can make me to start going to church again.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Kondomatic(m): 7:51am On Jun 12, 2016
vargasvictory:
It's no news that many of us Christians are fast losing our religion, a Sunday is just like any other day in our calender. What really Is the reason for this? And what could make you start going to church again.
Real Christians don't have any religion to loose.

Christianity is just their way of life.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 12, 2016
I stopped going to church cos every church I attended always have there ladies covered up from neck to ankle....

But now, I go to church every sunday cos I'v found a church I can view live nude pics even without wasting 1kb of my data...

Please, lemme quickly go have my bath, I hate being late to church!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by malvisguy212: 8:12am On Jun 12, 2016
lifezone247:
God is everywhere, you can as well be in your house praise and worship with your family, (For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them)
Matt. 18:20
yes, God is everywhere, and were 2 or 3 are gathering, God is their.... This is just an excuse many christian use, the road to back slid is step by step. Even the apostles which this verse are directed at, tether together to worship God. Jesus enter the synagogue (church) quote from the book of isaiah.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 12, 2016
malvisguy212:
yes, God is everywhere, and were 2 or 3 are gathering, God is their.... This is just an excuse many christian use, the road to back slid is step by step. Even the apostles which this verse are directed at, tether together to worship God. Jesus enter the synagogue (church) quote from the book of isaiah.
So You're saying we must all go to church every Sunday? I personally cnt remember the last time I entered any church. That doesn't make me less a christian.

21 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 12, 2016
Why will I stop going to church when Hebrews 10:25 says "not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Uyi168: 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
going to church just doesnt make sense to me.. so i stopped..

27 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by hahn(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
Double post. Who go buy land? wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by hahn(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
Going to church to pray on Sundays is rude. undecided

The bible says in Genesis 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

Why pray on a day when god is resting. No wonder people's prayers never get answered. That is because god is on holiday and the office for answering prayers is empty. grin

It is better to pray on Monday because that is a working day and god and his angels will be at the office cheesy

People really need to read their bibles tongue

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Becina(f): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
johnnycrew:
Church ain't solving my problems...nothin can make me to start going to church again.

Really?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Rick9(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2016
Just coming back from church, Glory to God

14 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by zicoraads: 10:26am On Oct 09, 2016
Laveda...come and confess grin grin

Personally, I am at a crossroad. First, I grew up attending our 'traditional' church, all this language churches. My grandfather attended, my parents are attending and we too must attend. But I had to sit down and ask myself about my spiritual life, and I realized I don't have any. Truth be told, sometimes, attending that church leaves you more angry. And when you are not in church on Sundays, Mom would want to kill you with calls. Now though, I just stay indoors and pretend I'm ill. And thank God she hasn't decided to visit my house one of these Sundays.

Secondly, I am starting to totally lose faith in religion. I am not one of those who claim the non-existence of God. I know God exists. My problem is I am starting to think the mode of worshiping him shouldn't be as a Christian who goes to church and a Muslim who goes to mosque. Sometimes, I even believe the Muslims have a better way of worshiping him. Forget the religious fanatics, I have read the Quran and I can authoritatively say that the Bible contains too many inaccuracies compared to the Quran.

That being said, religion has created too many problems in the world than we care to admit. Maybe we would have been better off worshiping God the way we deem fit than having so many religious groups complicating our lives.

66 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by TrollTrap: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
Cos I feel I'm being lied to

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by kingvectorv(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
Why not ask Google... I think it can help
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by jaymejate: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
Frustration sometimes

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by accountbalance: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
My idea of church doesn't exist here in Nigeria. I'll go to church when I start living abroad.

No one will swindle me of my hard earned income, no people hating on each other cuz you wore a better clothe or lack of it, no competition on who to head a unit and all sort of craps.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by megxo(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
Evening mass na him sure pass... wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by colossus2: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
What happens in church?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
[i][/i]like u know I don't go today.
the constant reason is that my girlfriend visits on Sunday.
simple! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Kgdavid(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
well...

I suppose i like to stay home on Sunday mornings

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by TrollTrap: 10:28am On Oct 09, 2016
So You're saying we must all go to church every Sunday? I personally cnt remember the last time I entered any church. That doesn't make me less a christian.
You're hellbound fam lol
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Greataausim(m): 10:28am On Oct 09, 2016
Just home for today, don't why..... Although going to church doesn't mean you are a good christian

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Rick9(m): 10:28am On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:
Going to church to pray on Sundays is rude. undecided

The bible says in Genesis 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

Why pray on a day when god is resting. No wonder people's prayers never get answered. That is because god is on holiday and the office for answering prayers is empty. grin

It is better to pray on Monday because that is a working day and god and his angels will be at the office cheesy

People really need to read their bibles tongue

Really
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 09, 2016
Nothing will seperate me from the Love of Christ.

13 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by mmsen: 10:30am On Oct 09, 2016
colossus2:
What happens in church?

Dancing, singing and money rituals better known as tithes and offerings.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche And Wife Visit UATH, Donate Food, Medical Items / An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal / Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.