Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday (2477 Views)

Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
Going to church to pray on Sundays is rude. undecided

The bible says in Genesis 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

Why pray on a day when god is resting. No wonder people's prayers never get answered. That is because god is on holiday and the office for answering prayers is empty. grin

It is better to pray on Monday because that is a working day and god and his angels will be at the office cheesy

People really need to read their bibles tongue

cool

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
Which of the nuts did the devil disassemble from your head?

7 Likes

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
Vickyydera:
Which of the nuts did the devil disassemble from your head?

grin

The devil is not real. You are a victim of religious indoctrination. Your delusion keeps you from thinking straight. Shut up and read your bible undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
hahn:

grin

The devil is not real. You are a victim of religious indoctrination. Your delusion keeps you from thinking straight. Shut up and read your bible undecided
pk I just read my bible Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
Vickyydera:
pk I just read my bible Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

https://www.nairaland.com/2819877/murder-bible

How many people have you killed today? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by taurus25(m): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
i still cant wrap my head around the fact that "god" neeeded rest in the first place. Aint he suppossed to have omni-strength or something. grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
taurus25:
i still cant wrap my head around the fact that "god" neeeded rest in the first place. Aint he suppossed to have omni-strength or something. grin

An all creative god should have created Lucozade boost. Just in case grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by taurus25(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
hahn:

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

https://www.nairaland.com/2819877/murder-bible

How many people have you killed today? undecided
lol grin ....yahweh was on some weed when he gave that commandment. He had to send jesus to fix it, remember?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2016
The topics I use to read here prompted me to write "Is religion dying?" and looking at the world today, you will agree with me that is really dying. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
taurus25:

lol grin ....yahweh was on some weed when he gave that commandment. He had to send jesus to fix it now, remember?

Apparently, it is still high tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Florblu(f): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
You need to be crucified and if after that you are opportuned to come back to this world as s reasonable fellow you will tell us the reasons we must go to church every Sundays. You remember Saul who later changed to Paul?
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by taurus25(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
hahn:

All all creative god should have created Lucozade boost. Just in case grin cheesy

lol......all the guy had to do was speak things into existence oo, and he's getting tired??...chai this is what happens when people worship their thoughts.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
taurus25:

lol......all the guy had to do was speak things into existence oo, and he's getting tired??...chai this is what happens when people worship their thoughts.

Lol. Imaginary friends are never reliable cheesy
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by Uyi168: 12:11am On Jun 13, 2016
HenryDion:
The topics I use to read here prompted me to write "Is religion dying?" and looking at the world today, you will agree with me that is really dying. God help us all.
..Yea..reliqion is dyinq because its end is lng over-due...
no lie lasts forever..dnt u think so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by KingEbukaNaija: 1:00am On Jun 13, 2016
The word "foolish" was formed because of the atheists - fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by rejosom(m): 8:56am On Jun 13, 2016
One thing with the bible that you atheists don't understand is this:

You cannot understand the bible unless you receive the holy spirit but you cannot receive the holy spirit unless you believe. Yet you cannot believe unless you understand the bible. Bottom line... nobody will ever understand the bible.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 9:03am On Jun 13, 2016
rejosom:
One thing with the bible that you atheists don't understand is this:

You cannot understand the bible unless you receive the holy spirit but you cannot receive the holy spirit unless you believe. Yet you cannot believe unless you understand the bible. Bottom line... nobody will ever understand the bible.

And you live your life according to what you do not understand. No wonder you are confused undecided

KingEbukaNaija:
The word "foolish" was formed because of the atheists - fact

By the same fool who believed in what he couldn't prove cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by rejosom(m): 9:22am On Jun 13, 2016
hahn:

And you live your life according to what you do not understand. No wonder you are confused undecided

The bible is not the only thing that confuses me o. Even life itself can be a bundle of confusion sometimes but I live my life simply and strive to see what I will make of it.

One thing you will not do is fault the statement you quoted. Neither you nor I can understand the bible because it was forced on our forefather's throat even when they could not read jack.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2016
rejosom:

The bible is not the only thing that confuses me o. Even life itself can be a bundle of confusion sometimes but I live my life simply and strive to see what I will make of it.

One thing you will not do is fault the statement you quoted. Neither you nor I can understand the bible because it was forced on our forefather's throat even when they could not read jack.

Lol. Abi? cheesy

But since we can now read and understand, why should we continue in the folly of our ancestor's ignorance? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by rejosom(m): 9:45am On Jun 13, 2016
hahn:

Lol. Abi? cheesy

But since we can now read and understand, why should we continue in the folly of our ancestor's ignorance? undecided

Good you n longer sound angřy.

To your question, no. Humanity is dynamic and that is the way God made it. Now that we can read and right, I suggest we don't throw away the bible still but read and grab what we can. There are a lot of worthwhile life lessons therein.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2016
rejosom:

Good you n longer sound angřy.

To your question, no. Humanity is dynamic and that is the way God made it. Now that we can read and right, I suggest we don't throw away the bible still but read and grab what we can. There are a lot of worthwhile life lessons therein.

I never sounded angry. You must have been reading my comments from your own mood.

@ bolded, which god are you referring to?
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by rejosom(m): 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
hahn:

I never sounded angry. You must have been reading my comments from your own mood.

@ bolded, which god are you referring to?

Oh my bad. sorry for d misinterpretation, just that I saw no need for the kind if outburst and personal attack. Maybe its me.

Back to my post.... I'm talking about the God from whom all things were made and to whom all things belong.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
rejosom:

Oh my bad. sorry for d misinterpretation, just that I saw no need for the kind if outburst and personal attack. Maybe its me.

Back to my post.... I'm talking about the God from whom all things were made and to whom all things belong.

I have no idea what you are talking about smiley

Oh, you mean Krishna. Well, there are about 4,200 other religions in the world and they all disagree with you. If you say Krishna is the almighty god, Christians, Muslims etc all disagree with you. That is 4,199:1. The odds are not in your favor bro undecided
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by rejosom(m): 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
hahn:

I have no idea what you are talking about smiley

Oh, you mean Krishna. Well, there are about 4,200 other religions in the world and they all disagree with you. If you say Krishna is the almighty god, Christians, Muslims etc all disagree with you. That is 4,199:1. The odds are not in your favor bro undecided

Alright.

I might mean krishna Chrysler or Cadillac or whatever you choose to call it. I am Catholic yes, but to me God is way beyond what the bible describes and what religions paint. I believe everything in life animate and inanimate, all matter and all energy are connected and that is God.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
rejosom:

Alright.

I might mean krishna Chrysler or Cadillac or whatever you choose to call it. I am Catholic yes, but to me God is way beyond what the bible describes and what religions paint. I believe everything in life animate and inanimate, all matter and all energy are connected and that is God.

You are a deist then

belief in the existence of a God on the evidence of reason and nature only, with rejection of supernatural revelation (distinguished from theism ). 2. belief in a God who created the world but has since remained indifferent to it.

www.dictionary.com/browse/deism

Cool smiley
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by rejosom(m): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
hahn:

You are a deist then

Cool smiley

Ewo

But I said I'm a Catholic, hence a theist. The only difference is that I choose not to worship other people's God again but mine.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
rejosom:

Ewo

But I said I'm a Catholic, hence a theist. The only difference is that I choose not to worship other people's God again but mine.

Have you seen this god of yours?

Do you have a picture?

Where did you first learn about this god?
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by rejosom(m): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
hahn:

Have you seen this god of yours?

Do you have a picture?

Where did you first learn about this god?

Question plenty o.

ok... I see God all around me. I see him when I look in the mirror. .. I see him when I look at the Amazon... I see him when I stretch my imagination. Yes I have the picture but only a part.... you want to have a look?
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by hahn(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
rejosom:

Question plenty o.

ok... I see God all around me. I see him when I look in the mirror. .. I see him when I look at the Amazon... I see him when I stretch my imagination. Yes I have the picture but only a part.... you want to have a look?

Yes sure.

E remain one question o. Where did you first learn about this god? wink
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by rejosom(m): 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
hahn:

Yes sure.

E remain one question o. Where did you first learn about this god? wink

You are welcome. You can start off by looking at the mirror.

The journey started when as a Catholic I was constantly harassed by fellow Christians because of my belief. I sought for a unifying factor. .. I thought to myself that something should connect us. Why do we choose to magnify the things that separate us and pay less attention to those that bring us together.

The brotherhood of man (and I dare to add nature... for I will later learn everything on the universe is made of the same stuff) transcends the sovereignty of state.

We are one... We are parts of God.
Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by winner01(m): 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
HenryDion:
Religion actually is growing. It was worse in the 20th century where several communist countries forbade religion and killed millions who were caught. The fact that few atheists take to nairaland to pour out their hatred for God does not mean anything. They are constantly here because this is where they can voice out their hatred. In real life, they will receive little or no audience. Most of them are closet atheists in real life and they boil with hurt whenever they see christians. Seeing christians reminds them that God exists and so they wish there were none so as to fully suppress their belief in God.
Many christians feel it is needless to reply them because our worldview is against hate and mockery which is exactly the tactics they use against us. And I know it is difficult to reply them without giving them a taste of their medicine.
I suggest you leave the religion section if you will or we can become apologetics for the sake of other people that can be affected by this vengeful individuals. You can check some of my threads, i posted sufficient links that can help. The totality of these religion section atheists are less than 30, but the hatred which motivates them to fight God constantly is why it seems like religion is loosing, and of course the little or no response from christians. More determined god-haters have lived and died, the same will happen to these ones. Their children will lift the Gospel. Till then, we will continue to expose the bleak and worthless ideology called atheism. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Christians Should Stop Going To Church On Sunday by winner01(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
rejosom:

You are welcome. You can start off by looking at the mirror.

The journey started when as a Catholic I was constantly harassed by fellow Christians because of my belief. I sought for a unifying factor. .. I thought to myself that something should connect us. Why do we choose to magnify the things that separate us and pay less attention to those that bring us together.

The brotherhood of man (and I dare to add nature... for I will later learn everything on the universe is made of the same stuff) transcends the sovereignty of state.

We are one... We are parts of God.

Hahn is not interested in all these explanations of how you find meaning with God. He only needs you not to believe in God with him.
Just tell him you dont believe in God. He'll spare you these questions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her? / State Of The Nation, State Of The World Predictions / Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.