Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) (57824 Views)

Residents Kill Dog That Killed 50 Goats & Sheep In Kenya (Photos) / Posthumous Award For The Dog That Foiled Boko Haram Suicide Bombing In Borno / Shocking Video Of A Woman Breastfeeding Her Dog That Has Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by darlenese(f): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
This is slaugtering not autopsy

Haba

How dare u refer to this as autopsy ? What the role of the flies anyway angry

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by kikayboss(m): 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
oya this why i always tell people to buy local dogs....my dog swallowed a full chicken lap bone and she dey kampe......
buy Nigerian to grow Nigeria ...oya who wan buy dog?? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
IS THIS AN ATTEMPT TO DENY ALL BINGOS THEIR DELICACIES?

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by streetzdreamz(m): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
labakeJ:
Won't make that mistake next week sir smiley
funny,ur dp cracked me up,you must be really lively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by ndujekwu(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
arinzest:
OP, thanks for the information. Please a few clarifications;
1. Do you do autopsy wearing wrist watch and wrist length gloves?
2. Is the white ward coat worn by your assistant the standard outfit for autopsy?
3. Was this procedure done in d house of the owner and not in your work place?
Please this is not acceptable my dear. Minimum acceptable standards please?

Thanks for the observations
1. If u have ever being in the field, admist emergencies, you would understand that u need break protocols and do the needful.
2. Who wears coat, suit or coverall doesn't matter. What matters is what is done, with or without wrist watch
3. Science is science not under ideal, but even under pressure, and results reported the way they are and not "doctored".
My dear, apologies, but been into research, so, what makes unique of your work is the creativity.

Blesssings
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by ndujekwu(m): 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
darlenese:
This is slaugtering not autopsy

Haba

How dare u refer to this as autopsy ? What the role of the flies anyway angry

Apologies ma'am. It's autopsy (for humans), Necropsy (for animals). Autopsy was used for better understanding

Forgive me, but I think you need to teach them how to do Necropsy if u've ever done one.

ActMORE....talkLESS
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by labakeJ(f): 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
streetzdreamz:
I try smiley
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by streetzdreamz(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
labakeJ:
I try smiley
you sure did,your name says it all though.
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by labakeJ(f): 10:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
streetzdreamz:
you sure did,your name says it all though.
wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by ndujekwu(m): 10:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
NiftyViva:
Dear Dr. Ndujekwu,

1. You should have at least lay a news paper on the table before commencing your p.m; I believe the table is your examination table!
2. If you will post the pictures to the internet, at least try to promote your practice... What was the Razor Blade used for? Oh!! Your Scalpel blade broke, and you had to make do with the available... Keep it away from the camera!!!
3. Where is your lab coat? Your assistant had one on. The lab coat would help restrict an infectious organism to your clinic; since you won't be wearing it around town, to the restaurant or bank.
4. Your p.m skills ain't perfected yet, or at least that is what I can pick from the pictures! The site looked clumsy and messy. The furs of the dog were in the visceral regions. I mean, you could wet the furs with soapy water before commencing your post mortem.
5. Did you take samples to the lab for organ function tests? Blood tests? Urine test? Well then, you don't have a confirmatory diagnosis... Maybe next time, you should say... "Suspected cause of death" even when you know it is probably 99.89% cause of death.
Thanks
NiftyViva.

Thank u sir....

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by darlenese(f): 11:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
e author=ndujekwu post=46516743]

Apologies ma'am. It's autopsy (for humans), Necropsy (for animals). Autopsy was used for better understanding

Forgive me, but I think you need to teach them how to do Necropsy if u've ever done one.

ActMORE....talkLESS[/quote]

That doesn't change the fact that u are an amateur !

Too many laspes I can't ignore on that table of yours !

1 Like

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 13, 2016
ndujekwu:

Thanks for the observations
1. If u have ever being in the field, admist emergencies, you would understand that u need break protocols and do the needful.
2. Who wears coat, suit or coverall doesn't matter. What matters is what is done, with or without wrist watch
3. Science is science not under ideal, but even under pressure, and results reported the way they are and not "doctored".
My dear, apologies, but been into research, so, what makes unique of your work is the creativity.

Blesssings

You sound like an idiot! Even your sentence construction is poor!
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by zonax(m): 2:17am On Jun 13, 2016
ReabridCharles:
That's the reason I like BINGO.

Bone no fit kill bingo. E never see bone chop na the one to kill am go come kill am.

Bingo will not die. Bingos are the only dogs that outlive der owners.

Wanna know how I knew? Ask my father, he had a BINGO

Fwuni
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 13, 2016
A bone killed a dog? hmnnnnnn!

This Una Sugery room abi na theatre nor be am oooh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by arcbay(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
We Nigerians and our silly ways of thinking. One reason Nigeria has been on one spot for several decades. We will never praise the works of our fellow citizen.

You're all quick to judge and blacklist the OP for the flaws spotted in his operating room, yet several of you can't boast of a clean toilet in ur homes. Please let's all stop acting like hypocrites, it does no good at all.

Assuming the picture reflected a couple of whitemen performing the necropsy, even with a dozen houseflies and probably bedbugs sef, some fools amongst us here will be the first to commend him for a job weldone.

To all the Posters above me, if you're in the practice of vet medicine, please send me your address and I'll pay you a visit. Let's see how many of you can boast of a good vet clinic.

Dear OP, thumbs up jhor, very good work. Just please run some improvements on your facility. We understand one has to cross several hurdles in operating a facility like yours, no Power supply, no water, fuel hike, increase in price of virtually everything and the overall economic recession but I believe u can improve.

Many thanks and please keep up the good work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by jbblues24(m): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
From this day on I shall be known as Bob. For Bob is a good name and I am good. But if you want you can just call me Sally. lipsrsealed
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
streetzdreamz:

smiley
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by ndujekwu(m): 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
arcbay:
We Nigerians and our silly ways of thinking. One reason Nigeria has been on one spot for several decades. We will never praise the works of our fellow citizen.

You're all quick to judge and blacklist the OP for the flaws spotted in his operating room, yet several of you can't boast of a clean toilet in ur homes. Please let's all stop acting like hypocrites, it does no good at all.

Assuming the picture reflected a couple of whitemen performing the necropsy, even with a dozen houseflies and probably bedbugs sef, some fools amongst us here will be the first to commend him for a job weldone.

To all the Posters above me, if you're in the practice of vet medicine, please send me your address and I'll pay you a visit. Let's see how many of you can boast of a good vet clinic.

Dear OP, thumbs up jhor, very good work. Just please run some improvements on your facility. We understand one has to cross several hurdles in operating a facility like yours, no Power supply, no water, fuel hike, increase in price of virtually everything and the overall economic recession but I believe u can improve.

Many thanks and please keep up the good work.

Blessing bro!! Many thanks
Re: Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) by LordAzubuike(f): 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2019
ndujekwu:
Desist From Giving Your Pets Big Bones And Kitchen Remnants

Few days ago, I got a call early in the morning from a client who said he woke up to find his most-priced Samoyed-breed dog lying dead, with no known reason. He got so bittered that he pleaded that I come do a POST-MORTEM (Necropsy/Autopsy) on his dog, because he was suspecting his neighbours &/or his dog-keeper.

I came around, asked a few questions, and discovered that the dog was most active before they went to bed. No evidence of poisoning neither on the nor in the kennel. So I commenced with the PM.

I need a general examination on the carcass, before I opened up the carcass. The intestines were relatively empty, likewise stomach. I proceeded to the thoracic cavity, with thorough examination on the various structures. Fortunately, on palpating the oesophagus (at the junction of the diaphragm), I saw the unfortunate bone hooked there, with a puncture on the wall of the oesophagus. Alas!!! That answered it all

Am a Veterinarian (Vet Doctor) by profession and I speak vehemently about giving your pets bones, especially when a small dog is given a bone bigger than it can take. Remnants also might contain little bones, toothpicks, sharp objects, etc. Always sort foods before serving.

Below are images of the Post-Mortem (PM)

You could have done better with the flies. Just an observation you can always correct next time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK's Top Diplomatic Cat Retires To Spend More Time With Favourite Tree (Photos) / Gorillas Pose For Selfies With Anti-poaching Rangers In Congo (Photos) / Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.