Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? (971 Views)

First Baptist Church, Abuja Protests Killings By Terrorists In Nigeria (Photos) / Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 / 13 Pictures That Describe How Nigerian Muslims Really Feel At The End Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by ournaijablog(f): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2016
Many Muslims like to disassociate themselves from terrorists, they say they do not carry out the will of Allah, they call them radical Muslims and they practice another form of Islam a more radical form of Islam.

Where does the terrorism strain come from then I might ask, do we blame the Islamic teachers for their radical teachings or we should rather say everything was written in the Quran and these teachers are merely preaching out what was written.

Muslims have come out to say Islam is a religion of peace, while I have peaceful Muslim friends I tend not to agree with these concepts, why? Like the bible, the Old Testament was too harsh, that was where God’s anger was noticed and he rarely gave people a chance; so Jesus came and made things easier, he preached love and obedience and also forgiveness, I think the Quran ought to be rewritten.

The old testament of the bible allowed people to marry one than one wife, but the new testament made us realize it was wrong, it said one man one wife, now I have no problem with Muslims marrying more than one wife, their religion supports it; what I have a problem with is the justification in the Quran that allow them marry child brides. It says Prophet Muhammad married a child of six years old, with the recent spate of some Muslims kidnapping teenage girls in Nigeria to convert and impregnate them I think some parts of the Quran needs to be explained or wiped out.

This isn’t an attack on Islam, no it is not; many people would love to know why terrorists always base their atrocities on Islam, take a look at these verses and see if truly Islam is a religion of peace.

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land..."

Quran (8:59-60) - "And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy."

Quran (8:65) - "O Prophet, exhort the believers to fight..."

Quran (9:14) - "Fight against them so that Allah will punish them by your hands and disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people." Humiliating and hurting non-believers not only has the blessing of Allah, but it is ordered as a means of carrying out his punishment and even "healing" the hearts of Muslims.

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Recently a woman was killed in Kano Nigeria, for blasphemy, must Muslims take laws into their hands all the time, most of them lack patience and would rather see you dead than repent.

In all my findings and reading on Prophet Muhammad, he indeed was a peaceful man, he loved children should I say to a fault, maybe because most of his children died before him, he valued education, he said a child has a right to education, he preached peace and love well to an extent, this generation and the whole generation after the death of Muhammad, have ye misconstrued the teachings of your prophet?

The Sunni school of thought has clearly stated that all forced marriages are clearly forbidden in Islam, but has that stopped forced marriages, honor killings or child brides? In Islam marriage is like a contract where the bride has little or no choice. While Islam would have us believe a child at 6 can be married and yet not live with the husband until she has seen her first blood or is matured enough, I ask what a child of 6 has to do with marriage in the first place.

I think some Islamic verses have to be changed for the real peace we seek in this world to be achieved, they need to be re orientated from childbirth, they need to be told that it is not okay to behead another human being, they need to be told that it is okay for a girl not to marry who her family has chosen for her least she be burned alive, they need to know it is not right in the sight of God to walk into a mosque or a church and blow up thousands of innocent victims, they need to be told that other people can practice whatever religion they choose, their scholars need to teach them the love they claim Islam is about.

Not all Muslims are terrorists I agree but we won’t turn a blind eye to the fact that some of the teachings make them all seem like one.

Ibeji Isabella.

http://www.ournaijablog.com/are-all-muslims-really-not-terrorists/

Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by kio052001(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2016
yes o
all Muslims are terrorists
including my very good friend Idris following the way we both met,
he had judged me the very moment he set his eyes on me just like every other Muslim friend I've
later they say am different from who they thought I was

my question now is
What do you think would have happened within that period they miss read me?
Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by ournaijablog(f): 11:53am On Jun 12, 2016
kio052001:
yes o
all Muslims are terrorists
including my very good friend Idris following the way we both met,
he had judged me the very moment he set his eyes on me just like every other Muslim friend I've
later they say am different from who they thought I was

my question now is
What do you think would have happened within that period they miss read me?

If they were radical Muslims you wouldn't live to tell this tale
Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by Annunaki(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2016
Yes all 'good' muslims are terrorists.
Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by kio052001(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
ournaijablog:

If they were radical Muslims you wouldn't live to tell this tale
exactly my point

1 Like

Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by Luckylife(m): 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
Have you really study what they meant when they say Islam is a religion of (peace) ? It means only those that believe in Islam can live peacefully while non Islam (infidals as they call them) must not allowed to live in peace .
Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by kio052001(m): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2016
Luckylife:
Have you really study what they meant when they say Islam is a religion of (peace) ? It means only those that believe in Islam can live peacefully while non Islam (infidals as they call them) must not allowed to live in peace .
#TruTalk

nice translation

I've never thought towards this direction before
Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by ournaijablog(f): 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Luckylife:

nice translation, if this is true then the world is in trouble

1 Like

Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by ournaijablog(f): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
Annunaki:
Yes all 'good' muslims are terrorists.

nah I think its the brainwashed ones that are terrorists
Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by Annunaki(m): 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
ournaijablog:

nah I think its the brainwashed ones that are terrorists

You are getting it wrong, to be a good muslim you must emulate the way of life(sunnah) of mohammed. What we call islamic terrorism today is simply the sunnah of mohammed which all good muslims are expected to emulate.

PS: read my signature. There is nothing these terrorists are doing today that is not inspired by mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by ournaijablog(f): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
Annunaki:

You are getting it wrong, to be a good muslim you must emulate the way of life(sunnah) of mohammed. What we call islamic terrorism today is simply the sunnah of mohammed which all good muslims are expected to emulate.

PS: read my signature. There is nothing these terrorists are doing today that is not inspired by mohammed.

Hmmmm so the sunni''s are the good Muslims?
Re: Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? by Annunaki(m): 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
ournaijablog:

Hmmmm so the sunni''s are the good Muslims?

Not all of them are good muslims. In all reality most muslims are ignorant of the numerous atrocities their role model committed and many of those that know are too horrified by it to come to terms with it so they live in denial. Only about 20% of muslims(mostly sunni) follow the true teachings of islam and it is they are the ones we refer to as islamic terrorist.

(1) (Reply)

Happy 49th Wedding Anniversary! Pastor E.A. Adeboye And Pastor (mrs) Adeboye / Military Officer's Wife Caught In Bed With A Pastor / If There's No God, Is There A Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.