Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,070 members, 7,835,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? (4834 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Manger Where Jesus Was Wrapped & Kept After Delivery (Photo / Joshua Iginla Baptises His Mother At River Jordan Where Jesus Was Baptised(p / Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

there's nothing Jesus said about "Love" that didn't predate him

you sound like those Apple fans that think a phone technology doesn't exist until it is used in an iPhone, some have even deluded themselves so much into thinking apple invented mobile phones

Exactly!
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2017
Martinez19:
Firstly, Jesus is a fictional character. What Jesus had to offer intellectual could not exceed the capacity of the writers or the technology and science of the time it was written.

Tell that to people who think the modafucker actually existed tongue

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Martinez19(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
hahn:

the problem is will they listen? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by budaatum: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
budaatum wrote:
"A simple concept, but one, despite all the knowledge there was prior to that in the western world as is known, was a concept not yet in the consciousness of the many.

hopefulLandlord:

there's nothing Jesus said about "Love" that didn't predate him

you sound like those Apple fans that think a phone technology doesn't exist until it is used in an iPhone, some have even deluded themselves so much into thinking apple invented mobile phones
hahn:

Lol. Keep deluding yourself

Love was preached before Jehovah raped Mary and most of the things Jesus supposedly preached or said were already said and preached thousands of years before Jehovah stopped taking his meds and became a psychopath

Read history not the bible

budaatum:

Jesus taught love. A simple concept, but one, despite all the knowledge there was prior to that in the western world as is known, was a concept not yet in the consciousness of the many. One day his teaching would be understood here too and his understanders would most definitely do more than he did.
I strongly believe the level of love on nl is indicative of the usefulness of the teachings of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
After several years of technological advancement, some people are still expecting the sound of a trumpet?? to end things.... and some believe Jesus will descend on a white horse?? ...not a spaceship?

How pathetic...

5 Likes

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by dalaman: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
Martinez19:
the problem is will they listen? grin grin

hahn:

You guys don't believe Jesus existed?
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
budaatum:

budaatum wrote:
"A simple concept, but one, despite all the knowledge there was prior to that in the western world as is known, was a concept not yet in the consciousness of the many.

I strongly believe the level of love on nl is indicative of the usefulness of the teachings of Jesus.

Tell that to Jehovah while he sits back and watches billions of people burn for eternity

And your fictional Jesus watches on smiley
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
JESUS DID NOT COME TO EXPLAIN THE SUN TO US...HE CAME TO DIE FOR US...GET IT
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
dalaman:

You guys don't believe Jesus existed?

Existed where?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by budaatum: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
hahn:

Tell that to Jehovah while he sits back and watches billions of people burn for eternity

And your fictional Jesus watches on smiley
I don't think a fictional Jehovah can give a toss about what I think hahn.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
hahn:

How does this nonsense you wrote address the op?

Are you just bored or just desperate to be seen defending your incompetent god to avoid it's wrath? undecided

Sorry for the nonsense

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by budaatum: 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
hahn:

Did you start this thread just so you can insult people?
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by dalaman: 10:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
hahn:

Existed where?

In Israel na.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Sorry for the nonsense

Are you going to spit or swallow? undecided
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
dalaman:

In Israel na.

No, I don't smiley
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
budaatum:

Did you start this thread just so you can insult people?

I have not insulted anyone na. Shuu undecided
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by cheffs(m): 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
I usually don't quote people, but Xiadnat you are savage. True talks still.

Word!

Xiadnat:

You cannot see gravity, yet it is keeping you grounded.

You cannot see air, yet it permeates your lungs

You cannot touch water, yet you need it to survive and your body is 70% water.

Need i go on??

You think you are clever? However a gnat has more cerebral mass than you.

God exits. Heaven and hell are real. Just cause you dont "see", doesnt negate its existence.

One day, you will find out.

When it comes to science of it all, dont argue with me. I have more science background than all your ancestors before and to come.

I would spare you the shame. I will let you think you are "sane".
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by uvalued(m): 2:19am On Sep 16, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Do you really want to know why?
1. He had 3 years to tell you spiritual things that will benefit your life. 3 years to raise the dead, heal the sick and complete the works of salvation

Instead of telling you about the sun, he raised Lazarus from death

Instead of telling you about the ocean, he walked on it.

Instead of telling you about the Galaxy, he commanded the demons to leave.

Why tell you what he has given you Natural wisdom of man to discern?
Natural wisdom of man cannot discern the things of the spirit.
What did he tell you?

That his name can subdue the roaring of the sea which is a physical phenomenom

That though being dead, life can be restored again....(Lazarus

That a demon can make one to misbehave and loose his mind.

That the spiritual controls the physical and not the other way around. If this is true, I would rather know about the spiritual.

What else do you want him to tell you?

Hmm.

Ignorance.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by uvalued(m): 2:24am On Sep 16, 2017
trying to judge the spiritual with the physical...is like trying to use rules of music to explain quantum physics... pure delusion.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
uvalued:
trying to judge the spiritual with the physical...is like trying to use rules of music to explain quantum physics... pure delusion.

Lol

Spiritual = Imaginary

Now your post makes sense smiley
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by revelatiorcm(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
Which Jesus are referring to? if you are asking about Jesus Christ the Son of God, this shows you believe that He is real and your question is sign of confusion of His purpose on earth which is why I come to tell you that dont be confused anymore,
He came to save, John 3:16
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
revelatiorcm:
Which Jesus are referring to? if you are asking about Jesus Christ the Son of God, this shows you believe that He is real and your question is sign of confusion of His purpose on earth which is why I come to tell you that dont be confused anymore,
He came to save, John 3:16

Save what exactly?
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Amberon11: 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
But he still gives you sleepless nights? cheesy grin grin
hahn:

I tire o undecided
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
Amberon11:
But he still gives you sleepless nights? cheesy grin grin

*yawns* undecided
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by uvalued(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
hahn:

Lol

Spiritual = Imaginary

Now your post makes sense smiley

i laff at your delusion... you are as blinded to believe that ONLY what is SEEN with te subjective eyes of consiousness is real. ignorance of what you cannot comprehend with your logical/emotional sense is BLISS to you. grin grin
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by revelatiorcm(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
hahn:

Save what exactly?
save my soul and yours from eternal torment. that is meant for the devil and his demons
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Mujtahida: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
More shockingly is the fact that he who is called the Word didn't write nada.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by thorpido(m): 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
Mujtahida:
You're being ignorant.
Have you ever heard of the spoken word?

Ignorant people criticize the most.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
revelatiorcm:

save my soul and yours from eternal torment.
that is meant for the devil and his demons

First of all there is no such thing as soul

Second if I have one then it is none of your god's business and it doesn't need saving
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
uvalued:

i laff at your delusion... you are as blinded to believe that ONLY what is SEEN with te subjective eyes of consiousness is real. ignorance of what you cannot comprehend with your logical/emotional sense is BLISS to you. grin grin

And your eyes are so open that you believe things without evidence

You deserve an award cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Mujtahida: 2:48am On Sep 21, 2017
thorpido:
You're being ignorant.
Have you ever heard of the spoken word?

Ignorant people criticize the most.
And he himself has spoken the spoken word to you abi? Without the written word how would you have known that he ever spoke? But he could write in the sand, couldn't he?
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Chiedu4Trump: 4:19am On Sep 21, 2017
Truly sense no common again.

Mujtahida:
Jesus is called the Word of God.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

That means what was written about is God, which is the Old testament.

And it continues to say that it became flesh

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

hahn:
Christianity’s Nightmare Question

It’s one of the most overlooked questions in the Christian world, the stuff of nightmares for Sunday school teachers, Christian philosophers, and hungry amateur apologists across the planet: If Jesus was God, why didn’t he say anything new or even marginally useful?

Jesus said the most important thing ever,

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Christian Women Wearing Trouser? / How Do You Do Charity? Openly Or Secretly? / What Did You Learn In Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.