Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? (4839 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Manger Where Jesus Was Wrapped & Kept After Delivery (Photo / Joshua Iginla Baptises His Mother At River Jordan Where Jesus Was Baptised(p / Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by uvalued(m): 4:21am On Sep 21, 2017
hahn:

And your eyes are so open that you believe things without evidence

You deserve an award cheesy grin

only humans deserve an award but distant cousin of apes their lot will be what? #evolutionAPESaretheircousin
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by revelatiorcm(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2017
hahn:

First of all there is no such thing as soul

Second if I have one then it is none of your god's business and it doesn't need saving

Now I know who I am talking to,
But the Lord Jesus Christ is way powerful than you, and His blood crushed all your powers, I command you spirit against my brother to let go of him now in the Almighty Name of Jesus Christ Of Nazareth. Thank you Jesus Christ for His deliverance and restoration
Amen
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 8:54am On Sep 21, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:
Truly sense no common again.

Jesus is called the Word of God.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

That means what was written about is God, which is the Old testament.

And it continues to say that it became flesh

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus said the most important thing ever,

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And how many people did baptism save from ebola?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by terrezo2002(m): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2017
The more men prove to be wise, the more foolish they become
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 9:01am On Sep 21, 2017
terrezo2002:
The more men prove to be wise, the more foolish they become

What a foolish comment undecided

4 Likes

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by terrezo2002(m): 9:15am On Sep 21, 2017
hahn:

What a foolish comment undecided
The Jesus Christ you write against loves you. It is in Him you can find peace. Why are you punishing yourself in darkness and doubt.
God didn't create us to hate, doubt, disobedient, or to dwell in darkness. You are empty.
Give your life a try. Begin to love God, believe in Him, Obey His words, and live in His truth, then watch the transformation in your life.
stop malfunctioning, begin to live to fulfill the purpose you are made
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 9:20am On Sep 21, 2017
terrezo2002:

The Jesus Christ you write against loves you. It is in Him you can find peace. Why are you punishing yourself in darkness and doubt.
God didn't create us to hate, doubt, disobedient, or to dwell in darkness. You are empty.
Give your life a try. Begin to love God, believe in Him, Obey His words, and live in His truth, then watch the transformation in your life.
stop malfunctioning, begin to live to fulfill the purpose you are made

Mtchewww

Go and tell that to the poor people who keep on repeating the same prayers in church every Sunday and eventually die wretched undecided

3 Likes

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by terrezo2002(m): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=hahn post
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by terrezo2002(m): 9:26am On Sep 21, 2017
hahn:

Mtchewww

Go and tell that to the poor people who keep on repeating the same prayers in church every Sunday and eventually die wretched undecided
I know some atheists who are now Christians. I am not surprised with your comments. They said worse things and today it is funny they are Christians
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Chiedu4Trump: 9:46am On Sep 21, 2017
hahn:

And how many people did baptism save from ebola?
Tell me first how many genuinely called on the name Jesus?
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 9:59am On Sep 21, 2017
terrezo2002:

I know some atheists who are now Christians. I am not surprised with your comments. They said worse things and today it is funny they are Christians

I know Christians who are now muslims, atheists, buddhists etc

They said dumber things about Jesus and today they have dumped Jesus and Jehovah in the trash where they belong smiley

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 10:00am On Sep 21, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

Tell me first how many genuinely called on the name Jesus?

So your god needs a reason to save people from disease and death

2,000 children die from malaria daily. What is your omni-incompetent god doing about it? undecided

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by thorpido(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

And he himself has spoken the spoken word to you abi? Without the written word how would you have known that he ever spoke? But he could write in the sand, couldn't he?
My hear My voice, He said(John 10:27)Those that belong to Him hear Him speak.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Mujtahida: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
thorpido:
My hear My voice, He said(John 10:27)Those that belong to Him hear Him speak.
Don't quote no book. Does he speak to you, I mean you?
And How come he never speaks by himself audibly to his Sheep when you guys are congregated in church
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Mujtahida: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
revelatiorcm:

Now I know who I am talking to,
But the Lord Jesus Christ is way powerful than you, and His blood crushed all your powers, I command you spirit against my brother to let go of him now in the Almighty Name of Jesus Christ Of Nazareth. Thank you Jesus Christ for His deliverance and restoration
Amen
Hahahaha hahahaha. Very funny. Blood of Jesus for where? You will cast tire

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by thorpido(m): 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Don't quote no book. Does he speak to you, I mean you?
And How come he never speaks by himself audibly to his Sheep when you guys are congregated in church
Yes He speaks to me.He does speak to His congregation too.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Mujtahida: 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
thorpido:
Yes He speaks to me.He does speak to His congregation too.
Himself? Or through proxies? Was a Christian for so long, never heard him speak to his people directly which is what I expect one who once spoke the Spoken Word as you said to his disciples and people then. Remember Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Do you know that in our courts hearsay evidence-which is what we have today in Christian circles since none of you heard, touched or saw him- is unacceptable? So why should it be accepted in spiritual matters which I feel should answer to more stringent conditions of proof
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by thorpido(m): 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Himself? Or through proxies? Was a Christian for so long, never heard him speak[/b]to his people directly which is what I expect one who once spoke the Spoken Word as you said to his disciples and people then. Remember Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Do you know that in our courts hearsay evidence-which is what we have today in Christian circles since none of you heard, touched or saw him- is unacceptable? So why should it be accepted in spiritual matters which I feel should answer to more stringent conditions of proof
I sensed there was a problem and the bolded confirms that.
[b]He speaks
,the problem is usually with the hearing.Going to church(the building),doesn't necessarily make one a Christian.Did you give your life to Him?Did you receive His Spirit?Did you submit to His Lordship?
You can't hear until you become attuned to Him.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Mujtahida: 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
thorpido:
I sensed there was a problem and the bolded confirms that.
He speaks ,the problem is usually with the hearing.Going to church(the building),doesn't necessarily make one a Christian.Did you give your life to Him?Did you receive His Spirit?Did you submit to His Lordship?
You can't hear until you become attuned to Him.
I knew you were going to ask those questions. Was not just a church goer but born again and tried though not perfect to live the life. There's no big deal with hearing. When it thunders we hear, when it rains we hear. That God is a spirit is the reason why we should even hear him more. In the Bible there's nothing like attuning to him to hear him. He spoke to Cain right after Cain committed murder, Abraham was a pagan in Ur when God spoke to him, Jacob deceived his father yet God spoke to him at Bethel, Paul was going on an assassins trip yet God spoke to him. So you see there's nothing one needs to do to hear God at least going by the Biblical narrative. And if God does speak there really is no need for a book called the Bible. I breathe for myself and so do all men, nobody breathes on behalf of another. I do not need to route my spiritual aspirations through the stories of people in a book. The day God speaks directly to me is the day I will become a Christian again. For now I believe(and that's where it ends)in God but not Yahweh or Jehovah or Jesus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by thorpido(m): 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

I knew you were going to ask those questions. Was not just a church goer but born again and tried though not perfect to live the life. There's no big deal with hearing. When it thunders we hear, when it rains we hear. That God is a spirit is the reason why we should even hear him more. In the Bible there's nothing like attuning to him to hear him. He spoke to Cain right after Cain committed murder, Abraham was a pagan in Ur when God spoke to him, Jacob deceived his father yet God spoke to him at Bethel, Paul was going on an assassins trip yet God spoke to him. So you see there's nothing one needs to do to hear God at least going by the Biblical narrative. And if God does speak there really is no need for a book called the Bible. I breathe for myself and so do all men, nobody breathes on behalf of another. I do not need to route my spiritual aspirations through the stories of people in a book. The day God speaks directly to me is the day I will become a Christian again. For now I believe(and that's where it ends)in God but not Yahweh or Jehovah or Jesus
If you believe in God,which God?There are many,there's the One associated with Jesus,there's Allah,there's Hindu etc?
You need to know the God of Jesus will speak by Jesus and His Spirit just as the other ones will speak by their mouthpieces(routes).
You are right,He doesn't speak only to His own.He could speak to a pagan/unbeliever if it serves His purpose.
If it be His will,He will speak directly to you again and you will hear and know what part to follow.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Mujtahida: 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
thorpido:
If you believe in God,which God?There are many,there's the One associated with Jesus,there's Allah,there's Hindu etc?
You need to know the God of Jesus will speak by Jesus and His Spirit just as the other ones will speak by their mouthpieces(routes).
You are right,He doesn't speak only to His own.He could speak to a pagan/unbeliever if it serves His purpose.
If it be His will,He will speak directly to you again and you will hear and know what part to follow.
I believe - mark you I said believe, I don't know - in the God of the Universe whom I believe is not the god of the Bible.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by thorpido(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

I believe - mark you I said believe, I don't know - in the God of the Universe whom I believe is not the god of the Bible.
Pray everyday that this God of the universe should reveal Himself to you.
He will answer you.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Mujtahida: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
thorpido:
Pray everyday that this God of the universe should reveal Himself to you.
He will answer you.
Aight. Thank you
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by thorpido(m): 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Aight. Thank you
You're welcome.Nice having a convo with you.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by revelatiorcm(m): 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha. Very funny. Blood of Jesus for where? You will cast tire

hahahahahahaa
The blood of Jesus Christ does work and the Name of Jesus Christ is also All Powerful..
have a blessed day..
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by thorpido(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
This sort of claim is exactly why this thread is created.

Why haven't your Jesus or his God spoken of something relevant to us?

At least, he should tell you the cure to HIV, malaria, Ebola, or polio. But no, Little children just has to suffer everyday while your imaginary God keeps talking trash.
You obviously don't understand when you read.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by ScepticalPyrrho: 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sorry, my bad
thorpido:
You obviously don't understand when you read.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Hakeem12(m): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2018
After independence, in order to build a great nation, each country went to work. But in Nigeria, after independence, our people went to pray and fast. So, while we were praying, Malaysia came here and took our palm seedlings and built a great factory of it. While we were praying, Singapore went into investment in technology. While we were praying, India went into ICT. While we were praying, China went to massive industrialization. While we were shouting Allah Alakuba! UAE went into massive infrastructural development. While we were binding and casting Lucifer, Japan went into technological development. While we were speaking in tongues, Denmark went into education of her citizens. While we were mounting big speakers in our places of worship, USA was mounting man on the moon. After our prayers, God, being a wise God decided to reward us according to our labour. Since those that went into industrialization, technology, infrastructural development, ICT, education etc have been rewarded accordingly. It's only wise God rewards us with our efforts in prayers. That's why today, Nigerian pastors are competing in building the biggest churches. That's why there are more prayer houses and worship places than hospitals and schools. That's why people rush to prayer houses for medical and business solutions instead of hospitals. That's why we don't do business proposals before jumping into business since we are going to back it up with prayers. And when it collapse, we blame devil. That's why it's a sin to say anything negative about pastors and imams. That's why our pastors don't consider the opinion of engineers while building and blame devil when building collapse. That's why faith in God replaces building pillars and when it collapse we blame it on Lucifer. That's why our pastors are making sure they plant church branches instead of schools in every streets in Nigeria. That's why we always wait for God to do that which ability to accomplish he has already handed over to us. That's why we want our teachers to labour on earth and go to heaven for their rewards. Nigeria is a prayer loving, God fearing nation. Religion has taken the place of technology, infrastructure, education and all. When we are traveling, we ignore all the necessary road requirements, servicing of our vehicles and pray. And, once we pray, we can put a half fit vehicle on the road and blame our step mother or mother in law if anything goes wrong. That's why there are more people dying on our roads. Because, we pray and fast and leave everything to God when we have all we need to survive and build a nation....... I hope it made sense to you. Yours truly, Hakeem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by Originakalokalo(m): 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
Jesus' statements:

1. Do unto others as you would like them to do to you.

2. Do not worry about tomorrow: Sufficient is the Evil in each day.

3 . Forgive and pray for your enemies.

Just like I said earlier on this thread,

Jesus had so much to tell us in 3 years.

He opened our eyes to spiritual issues so that we can gain control of the Physical.

That doesn't mean that Jesus did not leave us with wise sayings that benefits mankind if followed.

Even after saying much about spiritual issues, many people are still in bondages.

They seek knowledge of petty issues while they are ignorant of spiritual issues that govern life.

It is a pity.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Jesus' statements:

1. Do unto others as you would like them to do to you.

2. Do not worry about tomorrow: Sufficient is the Evil in each day.

3 . Forgive and pray for your enemies.

Just like I said earlier on this thread,

Jesus had so much to tell us in 3 years.

He opened our eyes to spiritual issues so that we can gain control of the Physical.

That doesn't mean that Jesus did not leave us with wise sayings that benefits mankind if followed.

Even after saying much about spiritual issues, many people are still in bondages.

They seek knowledge of petty issues while they are ignorant of spiritual issues that govern life.

It is a pity.

What disease did he give us the cure to?

Well I guess you cannot differentiate between reality and fiction
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? by hahn(m): 12:19pm On May 11, 2018
Bump

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Pastor Kumuyi Wore When He Came To Aba / The Greatest Lie Of Christianity / Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.