Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. (3065 Views)

Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Who Will Be The Next Governor Of Ekiti State? / Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, Okorocha' Son-In-Law Next Governor Of Imo- House Of Assembly / Watch This Video Of A Yorubaman (PDP) Destroying An Igboman (APC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by jaymichael(m): 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
This thread is not intended for tribal dog fights nor was it created bearing any malicious purpose and intent. I no longer engage in online tribal dog fights anymore and I dont endorse it in any way.
Based on the online animosity and diatribe between Igbos and Yorubas and the whole "LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND" cliche, Lagosians (Settlers, Indigines and Lagos born and bred) should Picture this scenerio. WHAT IF THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE IS IGBO? Wetin you think say go happen?
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Sall(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
Maybe in your dream. Keep dreaming.

4 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by luckylucky: 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
Crazy! Yeah you are a crazy village boy

2 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by jaymichael(m): 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
luckylucky:
Crazy! Yeah you are a crazy village boy
You are right, my part of Lagos us as quiet, serene and peaceful like a village. On the "CRAZY" part, we all "Livi lavida loca"
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by wasco24: 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
cool
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by ziccoit: 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
jaymichael:
This thread is not intended for tribal dog fights nor was it created bearing any malicious purpose and intent. I no longer engage in online tribal dog fights anymore and I dont endorse it in any way.
Based on the online animosity and diatribe between Igbos and Yorubas and the whole "LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND" cliche, Lagosians (Settlers, Indigines and Lagos born and bred) should Picture this scenerio. WHAT IF THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE IS IGBO? Wetin you think say go happen?

When is Yoruba going to be allowed to contest for councilorship position in Anambra? Mind you, I said 'contest' not 'become'. When we are ready to become a country, that may happen without you thinking about it. That you even see it as a big deal is an indication you are yet to be truly Nigerians ditto for majority reading your post.

15 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by NigerDeltan(m): 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
Sall:
Maybe in your dream. Keep dreaming.

Are you from Lagos state? Why are you taking panadol for Lagosian's headache?

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 12, 2016
[s] it will be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle [/s]it will be easier for yeebos to get Biafla than to become the mayor of Lagos.
and from all indications yeebos may not get Biafla in the next two millennia

8 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Ajibel(m): 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
It'll be cool to see that happen but as long as the APC government keeps on performing then I doubt an Igbo man can make it.

Best they can become is commissioner or members of the Lagos HoA.

6 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
jaymichael:
pours full geepee tank water on op, wake up nigga,u don dey piss for bed.

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by thesicilian: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
How will that happen? When a non- Abia Igbo man cannot even become governor in Abia state

8 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by mikolo80: 12:24am On Jun 13, 2016
ziccoit:

When is Yoruba going to be allowed to contest for councilorship position in Anambra? Mind you, I said 'contest' not 'become'. When we are ready to become a country, that may happen without you thinking about it. That you even see it as a big deal is an indication you are yet to be truly Nigerians ditto for majority reading your post.
when the Yoruba man wants to. It's in the constitution. Whether they will vote for him is another issue
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by mikolo80: 12:25am On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:
it means that he provided job and light and train and brt and mass housing in 3 years
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by ODVanguard: 2:51am On Jun 13, 2016
God forbid!@Op. How can you wish or imagine such calamity upon the Yorubas and indeed the entire Lagos state. That would be taking 'sophistication' (which they have turned into an epithet against us) too far! You want the developments and progress being enjoyed by the state since '99 to grind to a halt/be reversed so that the entire state would be turned into another Aba/Onitsha market?? Again,I repeat God forbid!!

Abeg, we are all praying with them for the actualization of their Biafraean dream so that they will finally go back home and you are here talking lubbish. For now they have shown themselves to be our adversaries/enemies so it is practically impossible. But of course they can always create an additional state in the SE/SS/Biafura, name is Lagos, and rule it there.

10 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Karm16: 2:54am On Jun 13, 2016
Ajibel:
It'll be cool to see that happen but as long as the APC government keeps on performing then I doubt an Igbo man can make it.

Best they can become is commissioner or members of the Lagos HoA.

You better not be Yoruba. I don't know why some of you guys are very foolish. Ask Ibos to let a Yoruba man govern them and see them tear you to pieces. You wonder why they call your land no man's land.

Plus we don't want Lagos to become the drug capital of Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:

Your opening statement is like someone who sells bullets and guns in a store but turns around to claim that he doesn't like violence or war.

Deep down within yourself you know why you started this thread. Deep down in your mind you know what to expect when you ask a question like this in present day Nigeria.

And I know that this is for your enjoyment.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by HeGeMon(m): 5:07am On Jun 13, 2016
They will still cry of marginalization &, they will ask for Kano next, then Abuja the list goes on...insatiable set

2 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by yetunsbay(m): 5:21am On Jun 13, 2016
Maybe when Op start to get sense
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 13, 2016
Op, the question be sey, wetin yhu think sey go happen if a Hausa or Yoruba man become guvnor for any South Eastern state? If yhu think am well, kuku apply the same scenario to Lagos.

Awon jatijati undecided sad angry

7 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by 989900: 6:11am On Jun 13, 2016
It will happen someday, one day; maybe in 50, or 100 years from now, it will -- it is inevitable.
We already have people from the north and south east in key political positions in Lagos, and some states.

If someone said a black man will be president of the US some 50-100 years back when a black man couldn't even eat in the same restaurant as whites, or board same bus, you'd think it crazy, but here we are!

It probably will be a son or a daughter of inter-tribal marriage, and that is happening more and more between us as we evolve; largely why I see NL agitators as not a true representation of what goes on the streets.

BTW, once a man from another tribe can become a governor in Lagos, and exceedingly succeeds in his job, it will open our fixated close mindedness, and other states will follow with time -- might be a long time from here, might be sooner than we think.

P.S. At times like this, you crave for deep thinkers, but all you'll ever get are 'e-warrior' kids with prejudiced thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by gists: 6:16am On Jun 13, 2016
ziccoit:

Bros, you dey even go too far.
The question is when will an anambra man become the governor of enugu, when will an ebonyi man become the governor in Imo? when will a bayelsa man become the governor in Abia state (afterall, they claim they are their brothers).
They cannot even tolerate half of what Yorubas have given them. As I recall, one of their governors even had the audacity to sack other igbo indigens from civil service before he was called to order. I think it was Abia state if I recall well. Yet they want to become the governor of Lagos even when they can barely tolerate themselves at home. Are the Igbos the only non Yorubas in Lagos?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by koladebrainiac(m): 6:24am On Jun 13, 2016
Its possible now
Maybe when this post hit front page
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Toosure70: 6:28am On Jun 13, 2016
future impossible tense
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Scholes007(m): 6:48am On Jun 13, 2016
If I had asked if any igbo man will represent lagos both at national or state level few years back, all hell would have got loose with future impossible insults. It's about time people realize that lagos political space is changing rapidly and it just a matter of time someone outside sw becomes the governor.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by wirinet(m): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2016
Scholes007:
If I had asked if any igbo man will represent lagos both at national or state level few years back, all hell would have got loose with future impossible insults. It's about time people realize that lagos political space is changing rapidly and it just a matter of time someone outside sw becomes the governor.

Then a Fulani man can become governor of Anambra state.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Scholes007(m): 7:03am On Jun 13, 2016
wirinet:

Then a Fulani man can become governor of Anambra state.
yes, a fulani can be a chairman, honourable, senator or governor in anambra or my state abia if he has interest and pursue it early enough. This is entirely what is changing lagos political space. People from outside sw are developing interest and are pursuing it to the later.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Ajibel(m): 7:10am On Jun 13, 2016
Karm16:

You better not be Yoruba. I don't know why some of you guys are very foolish. Ask Ibos to let a Yoruba man govern them and see them tear you to pieces. You wonder why they call your land no man's land.

Plus we don't want Lagos to become the drug capital of Nigeria.

I am Yoruba but I was born and bred in Anambra state, so that should explain why I wont be tribalistic like you tongue

And my bae, Ugom, is Igbo and someday she'll be the President of Nigeria tongue

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Pavore9: 7:14am On Jun 13, 2016
Laughing...
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by CandyDiamond(f): 7:25am On Jun 13, 2016
SURELY one day an IGBO man will govern Lagos, just give them next ten years shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by sarrki(m): 7:29am On Jun 13, 2016
Even commisioner from next dispensation once you dint have a family compound in lagos as a yoruba man you cant be not to talk of non yoruba
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:
Aribisala has a lot to say cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Highbhee(m): 7:38am On Jun 13, 2016
I am a Yoruba....but i dont see Any barrier in It....Even,i see it coming....Now,A igbo man s one lf Senators in lagos....i will really love it......
but the problem is,S,east counterpart Cant Support ds In their state...And so far dey wont support dis,Dat igbo governor will b d penultimate one......

My kinsmen(Yoruba).....will support ds......If such Happening,Igbo nd ijaw will realise yoruba Love for dem.....nd ds will Eep us to gang Up against North......Northerns Willl b d Main problel if igbo s to rule lagos,nt Yoruba......
N/B:Igbo ruling lagos will determine their fate in lagos forever,if ds later apen...dey shouldnt fink it s chance to oppress Yoruba d owner.....Bkus,ruling lag cant remove lag from s.west.........#OneNigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha To Oyegun & Lai Mohammed – Caution Osita Okechukwu, The VON DG Now / Emir Sanusi Taps Moghalu As Nigeria’s Next President / Throwback - Buhari, Oyegun And APC Memwbers Protest Against Fed Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.