Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. (3064 Views)

Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Who Will Be The Next Governor Of Ekiti State? / Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, Okorocha' Son-In-Law Next Governor Of Imo- House Of Assembly / Watch This Video Of A Yorubaman (PDP) Destroying An Igboman (APC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 13, 2016
Sall:
Maybe in your dream. Keep dreaming.
Sit back and enjoy ONE NIGERIA grin grin

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 13, 2016
luckylucky:
Crazy! Yeah you are a crazy village boy
Why not face your wahala in Osun state. You are not from Lagos. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by jaymichael(m): 8:16am On Jun 13, 2016
artmostfair:

Your opening statement is like someone who sells bullets and guns in a store but turns around to claim that he doesn't like violence or war.

Deep down within yourself you know why you started this thread. Deep down in your mind you know what to expect when you ask a question like this in present day Nigeria.

And I know that this is for your enjoyment.
You are wrong, All these childish online diatribe is not my thing anymore. I am a Yoruba, born and bred in Lagos. My mother was raised in Isale eko gan gan. I was just wondering what will happen if an Igbo becomes our governor. An Igbo man (Ndubuisi Kanu) was once the Military administrator of Lagos state but that was before the (agitation), acrid animosity and the the charged political rivalry and division inroduced in the last administration which transcends to the present.
If an Igbo is elected Governor in Lagos,
1. will he be allowed to rule?
2. will he be impeached by the majority yoruba house of assembly?
3. How will the Yorubas contain the boasting of the Igbos that they have now "collected" Lagos they usually claim they develop
4. will there be a change in the state's LAND USE ACT ?
5. will the Yorubas be "victimised"?
6. will he try to depose the kings he did not like?
7. will there be favouritism, nepotism and biase to the benefit of the Igbos?
8. Will the EZE NDIGBO's stool be exalted to the position of the ELEKO of EKO?
9. On whom the control of the markets be vested?
So many scenerios was just playing out in my head IF that ever happens. What will the political and economic situation of Lagos be like?
I am not a tribalist, my GF that I have intention of marrying is an Igbo lady. I like her NOT because she is IGBO, but because she doesnt give me wahala, she is respectful, kind and understanding.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:
You are wrong, All these childish online diatribe is not my thing anymore. I am a Yoruba, born and bred in Lagos. My mother was raised in Isale eko gan gan. I was just wondering what will happen if an Igbo becomes our governor. An Igbo man (Ndubuisi Kanu) was once the Military administrator of Lagos state but that was before the (agitation), acrid animosity and the the charged political rivalry and division inroduced in the last administration which transcends to the present.
3. How will the Yorubas contain the boasting of the Igbos that they have now "collected" Lagos they usually claim they develop
So many scenerios was just playing out in my head IF that ever happens. What will the political and economic situation of Lagos be like?
No wahala
Just resort to "one Nigeria" and all these problems will be sorted out grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by MistadeRegal(m): 8:33am On Jun 13, 2016
I think you need Codeine.

2 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Scholes007(m): 8:47am On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:
All I read was just your personal fear. Anyone elected as a governor must act according to constitution, it doesn't matter the tribe he/she is. Your fear is just tribal and I assume lagos politics should be beyond that.

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2016
Scholes007:
All I read was just your personal fear. Anyone elected as a governor must act according to constitution, it doesn't matter the tribe he/she is. Your fear is just tribal and I assume lagos politics should be beyond that.
TOLD them grin grin

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by jaymichael(m): 8:57am On Jun 13, 2016
Scholes007:
Yes, those are my peesonal opinions not fears and I want opinion of others too.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:
Follow the constitution. Not rumors and tribal sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Scholes007(m): 9:11am On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:
sorry opinion... Well your take is more tribal, and hedges on primitive sentiments (no offence obviously). I believe lagos is a state that will likely pioneer proper one Nigeria.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by ogawisdom(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:
This thread is not intended for tribal dog fights nor was it created bearing any malicious purpose and intent. I no longer engage in online tribal dog fights anymore and I dont endorse it in any way.
Based on the online animosity and diatribe between Igbos and Yorubas and the whole "LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND" cliche, Lagosians (Settlers, Indigines and Lagos born and bred) should Picture this scenerio. WHAT IF THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE IS IGBO? Wetin you think say go happen?

Igbos developed n built Lagos so they deserve to b governor as a part owner of Lagos. This will happen b4 long for sure. Nearly half of d properties in Lagos belong to igbos alone, Lagos owe their level of development n commercials to d Igbo no doubt we are geared to rule them soonest. We r representing Lagos in National assembly already cool

As long as we control almost half d voting population anything is possible
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 13, 2016
ogawisdom:

Igbos developed n built Lagos so they deserve to b governor as a part owner of Lagos. This will happen b4 long for sure. Nearly half of d properties in Lagos belong to igbos alone, Lagos owe their level of development n commercials to d Igbo no doubt who is geared to rule them soonest. We r representing Lagos in National assembly already cool

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by CandyDiamond(f): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=quid post=46527530][/quote]
It will be an easy task for an Igbo man to become the governor of Lagos state, counting from last election where Ambode narrowly defeated the Igbo backed Agbaje in the last election.

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 13, 2016
CandyDiamond:

It will be an easy task for an Igbo man to become the governor of Lagos state, counting from last election where Ambode narrowly defeated the Igbo backed Agbaje in the last election.
Agreed. . . .that was why Akiolu was peeing in his trousers and weeping cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by comos: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2016
thesicilian:
How will that happen? When a non- Abia Igbo man cannot even become governor in Abia state

it can happen, Igbo is already representing Lagos in Federal and state house of assembly.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by berniceunice: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2016
Yoruba as not forgotten what happened in kwara state ilorin afonja to be precise......it can happen but not anytime soon.....
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Scholes007(m): 10:06am On Jun 13, 2016
ogawisdom:

Igbos developed n built Lagos so they deserve to b governor as a part owner of Lagos. This will happen b4 long for sure. Nearly half of d properties in Lagos belong to igbos alone, Lagos owe their level of development n commercials to d Igbo no doubt we are geared to rule them soonest. We r representing Lagos in National assembly already cool

As long as we control almost half d voting population anything is possible
pls stop this. There may be some provocative and boastful misinterpretation from others.
CandyDiamond:

pls don't reduce you arguement to Igbo. This Igbo backed Agbaje was born by the sentiments of a supposed king. A king who should be a pillar of light to his people turned everything tribal. Trust me anyone who wants a long term interest in lagos(political) will avoid him like a pledge.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 13, 2016
It will be because the hospitable yoruba's made him so... but it wont happen sha.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:

You want others' personal opinion on this? Igbo versus Yoruba matter? I think you are just throwing stones into calm waters to see if it will generate ripples or waves.

If you love the unity of this country, don't pitch these two tribes against each other in the guise of seeking for opinions. What opinion? Ok scroll up and see the abuses building up so far... No smoke without fire.

1 Like

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by SWG25: 10:28am On Jun 13, 2016
Yorubas cannot hold Lagos forever. Thats a fact
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by jaymichael(m): 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
CandyDiamond:

Agbaje had a very high yoruba votes. The reason Agbaje scored high was because yoruba votes was divided between Ambode and Agbaje. Agbaje wasn't a hated candidate, even among Yorubas.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by CandyDiamond(f): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
jaymichael:
Agbaje had a very high yoruba votes. The reason Agbaje scored high was because yoruba votes was divided between Ambode and Agbaje. Agbaje wasn't a hated candidate, even among Yorubas.
Majority of Yoruba votes in lagos goes to APC, with Tunubu influence and area boys on the hand of APC; please agree that Igbo people in lagos gave APC a hot chasing in last election in lagos.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by jaymichael(m): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
CandyDiamond:

Majority of Yoruba votes in lagos goes to APC, with Tunubu influence and area boys on the hand of APC; please agree that Igbo people in lagos gave APC a hot chasing in last election in lagos.
The OPC and touts that destroyed both public and private properties during the build up to the elections were PDP supporters and are Yorubas. Agbaje is a son of the soil. He is loved and supported by a lot of Yorubas.
Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by T9ksy(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Karm16:

Ask Ibos to let a Yoruba man govern them and see them tear you to pieces.

Do I need to remind you of when an Ibo man from a supposedly Yoruba political party attempted to rule his people? Not only did they lambasted him, they reserved the worst part of their abuses for "Awolowo's people" and their amala & ewedu politics.

What has Awolowo got to do with an Ibo man aspiring to govern over his people?

4 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Karm16: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
SWG25:
Yorubas cannot hold Lagos forever. Thats a fact

So who will steal it.

2 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Karm16: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
T9ksy:

Do I need to remind you of when an Ibo man from a supposedly Yoruba political party attempted to rule his people? Not only did they lambasted him, they reserved the worst part of their abuses for "Awolowo's people" and their amala & ewedu politics.

What has Awolowo got to do with an Ibo man aspiring to govern over his people?

You dey mind these people?

2 Likes

Re: What If An Igboman Becomes The Next Governor Of Lagos State. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
T9ksy:

resume this discussion when Anambra has 50% Yoruba population grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Will Run For Chairman Of Ikeja LG On @KOWA_NGR 's Platform / “you Are On Your Own If You Provoke War In Nigeria, Let Biafra Go” -arab League / Buhari Meets Fayose, Other State Governors At Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.