Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Must Read : Behind The Veil Part 59 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Must Read : Behind The Veil Part 59 (635 Views)

Veil / [Must Read] The Veil...Covered / Must Read: Behind The Veil… Part 53 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read : Behind The Veil Part 59 by dankuruso: 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote=Dani]In Lagos Vanessa had arrived from her trip. She was disturbed about the supposed cousin of hers called Rebecca and that made her trip come to an abrupt end. Her return was with a motive, a vehement motive which was to unveil who the mysterious girl was. One would have thought that it would be an almost impossible thing, but it isn’t.
The reason Vanessa was very sure that she will solve this mystery is because she remembered that they had a cctv camera that captured in motion any activity in the house, except for the bedrooms, toilet and kitchen.
She entered the house with caution as though she was breaking into someone’s house. That was how she saw the house now, like someone else’s house. After being sure that no one else was there with her, she accessed the computer in which the video from the cctv automatically recorded to. It took hours before an imaged popped up. She sat there apparently in great consternation as she watched the video looking transfixed, confused and bewildered.
Composing a long text message, she sent it to Sadiq via facebook.
Sadiq had woken up from his nap hours ago. His nap was cut short by Kazim who buzzed into his room. He was glad that Kazim woke him up because he was moment away from eating in his dream. That was how hungry he was.
“So let me get this straight.” Begin Kazim. “You stole your dad’s car and some random person also stole it from you?”
“First it’s not my dad’s car, he bought it for me so that makes it mine and second I didn’t steal it. I just moved it.” Sadiq observing how different the room looked. He knew it was Humaira’s hand work. Only she could do such a thing.
“Either way you put it, it still sound hilarious!” laughed Kazim. “Karma didn’t wait long to get you”
“I don’t even care about the car. What hurt me now is my phone that they stole!”
“You can always get a new one.” replied Kazim getting up to leave. “Aren’t you eating the bread?” he asked hungrily.
Sadiq moved forward to guard the bread from his reach.
When he was finally alone, he brought out his laptop, inserted the modem and logged into different sites. He gulped down the tea slowly while eating several slices of bread and opening several web pages on his laptop.
There were several messages on his facebook. Some weren’t new, they were ones he intentionally ignored or just didn’t have time to look through. He clicked on Vanessa’s message and was greeted by a long message. It went thus;
‘Remember we have a cctv camera in our house? So I got my hand on the video, and guess what I saw? Just you entering my house, sitting on the sofa and acting like you’re talking to someone and some weird act. I was confused at first then it occurred to me that you were just playing a prank on me. Nice one, but you just cost me a trip! I am going to strangle you when next we meet!!!’ message ends.
Sadiq mouth was wide open, and the bread he was about to eat hanging. This was a very serious case. The video she saw was obviously from the day he met Rebecca in her house! But….but it wasn’t showing Rebecca, the video was only showing him. Which means Rebecca is a ghost? A non -human?!
“No!” said Sadiq in disbelief, trying to lie to himself, trying to convince himself that it’s not true. He didn’t want to come to terms with the truth which was that he made out with a ghost!
Shocked as he was, he sat down there for minutes replaying the whole event that had
happened that day. From the old women he sighted leaving the house to when he met
Rebecca. Or was Vanessa playing a prank on him? Maybe she was because this was too
strange to comprehend.
Exiting his room, he made for Kazim’s room and borrowed his phone. He dialed Vanessa’s number and after they had talked for minutes, Sadiq was sure that it was not a prank of any sort. She was serious. He convinced her that the girl was with him on that day. Moreover he didn’t have the keys to the house, and if she watched the video closely she will notice that as he stood outside, the door opened from within and not from outside.
After re watching it she became terrified! He was right, the door did open from within. Very shaken now, she picked her bag and left the house hurriedly, taking a taxi to her grand dad’s.
He didn’t believe in ghost, ghost of dead people. It wasn’t possible. Anyone dead always remained dead, if not the whole would have been filled with ghost of all sorts roaming about.
To Be Continued… http://tricksng.com/forum2_theme_112131241.xhtml?tema=1&hash=e8da2b53749bbd27709e87b6b15d3c
[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

The Wrong Neigbourhood Part 1 / Why I Love Lagos Rain (non-fiction) - Mojisola Abudu / Stuck In The Mud.....short Story By Adole Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.