Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Must Read: Behind The Veil… Part 53 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Must Read: Behind The Veil… Part 53 (664 Views)

Veil / [Must Read] The Veil...Covered / Must Read : Behind The Veil Part 59 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Behind The Veil… Part 53 by dankuruso: 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
He went through his call log, hid his number then dialed Eze’s number. It rang as usual, but this time he picked up. Sadiq spoke immediately. “Guy nawa for you. So na because of Sarah na e you no wan pick person call again. How you dey na?” There was silence then a lady’s voice spoke. “Hello Sadiq. Nice to hear your voice again.” “Jennifer! What are you doing with Eze’s phone? Where is Eze?” Sadiq stood up from his chair. “Oh! So now you care to know? After you people kicked him out of your drama show.” “Look at who is talking! So you care about people now?! Why am I even talking to you. Where is Eze?” “He is indisposed right now.” And she hung up on him. He redialed the number but it was rejected. Trying for the second time the number was switched off. Jennifer was surely up to something but what it was he had no idea. She was unpredictable and that’s one of her greatest flaw, apart from her beauty and her ability to charm anyone. Sadiq called some of Eze’s close friends and neither of them had seen him since the fund raiser. He sat down thinking of what next to do, at least that what he intended but slept off three minutes later. “Where is my mummy!?” a little voice asked persistently. Sadiq was still sleeping when the voice woke him. At first he thought it was a dream, but it wasn’t. His two palms rubbed against his eye socket glancing at the wall clock, it was 3:43a.m. He walked to the corridor that led to the living room. That was where the voice was coming from. On switching on the living room bulb, standing in front of the exit door was Asmau. Sadiq was stunned. What was she doing out of bed by this time. Glancing at her, he noticed her eyes weren’t completely opened. She was probably sleepwalking. Sadiq carried her up. “I want to meet my mummy” she said drowsily. “Mummy is in her room.” Sadiq replied her. “That’s not my mummy! I want my real mummy!” she said again. Sadiq was more stunned! He stared at her as he took her to her room. “Which mummy are you talking about?” he asked. She didn’t reply. Her eyes were shut now and she breathed deeply, probably fully asleep. To make sure she doesn’t walk out of her room again, he decided to lay her on his bed while he managed the couch. The next morning he wasn’t sure whether to tell his mum what happened. That might hurt her. Although he wondered how Asmau managed to know that Mrs. Animashaun wasn’t her biological mother. He teased Asmau that morning trying to know if she remembered anything from last night, but she didn’t. “You don’t remember sleep walking to the living and asking for something?” he asked her. “No. I don’t sleep walk.” She said confidently and even laughed at him. Days later, after Vanessa had travelled out, he stood at the balcony with his headset clamping both ears. He was listening to a motivational speech. It wasn’t really his thing though. He didn’t believe in listening to such speeches and be motivated by it. To him motivation or inspiration will come to you when it needs to come to you. He harbored this theory because strangely most of his ideas came to him when he least expected and when he was bathing…now that’s strange. But not as strange as was he was seeing right now! There were two old women coming out of Vanessa’s house. They looked just like the ones he had seen in Kano, the strange old women! They were walking away and he couldn’t see their face. He raced down the stair case, ran to the gate like someone that’s been pursued by a dog, busted out of the compound and ran to the direction the old women were heading. He stopped after the turn, and there was no single sight of any old women! “Okay I am not crazy!” he said to himself. He turned away heading back home disappointedly. Looking up at Vanessa’s window, he saw a hand waving at him. But that was impossible because Vanessa travelled and the maid is on leave. Ringing the door bell, he heard the key turned and the door came open. Standing in front of him was an average height girl. She was dark in complexion, busty, a very innocent and cute face and her hair were scattered like someone who just woke up. “Hi you must be Sadiq. I have heard a lot about you. I am Rebecca, Vanessa’s cousin.” she introduced herself. “Come in.” “Nice to meet you.” responded Sadiq. “I never knew Vanessa had a cousin called; Rebecca.” They sat down on two different chairs. “I won’t blame her if she doesn’t talk about me much. We fight a lot.” She said then added. “And you can call me Becca. Rebecca sounds too formal” Sadiq looked round the house as though it was his first time in the house. “Okay. So when did you come and where did you come from?” “I arrived from Abuja last night. That’s where we stay. We are on holiday so I told my parents that I would like to spend it here with Vanessa, even though I know she won’t be around. It’s better than staying in that boring house and doing same thing everyday” she narrated. “What make you think this place is not as boring as where you are coming from?” he asked her. “From what I have heard this place is never boring. Moreover I read about what the two of you did at the fund raiser. It was so cool.” She used both of her palms to smoothen her hair, trying to hold it backward even though there was no ribbon to hold it. Sadiq flinched, taking his eyes off her. Why the hell was she doing that? Things like that got him. “So for how long will you be here?” he drowned his face in his phone. “Two weeks at most.” “Okay. This might sound very strange, but did you by any chance have two old women here minutes ago?” he asked. “No. Not at all. I just rouse from bed minutes ago and was staring out of the window when I saw you.” She replied. “Okay” he replied. “I should leave now.” “Keep me company for a while.” She insisted. “What do you guys do on days like this?” His gaze fell on her face as she once again pulled her hair backward. http://unitedloaded.com/forum2_theme_112131199.xhtml?tema=241To Be Continued…

(1) (Reply)

Short Story Competition: Submit Your Stories And Get Paid! / Stay Motivated... Be Positive ! / Negus Nagast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.