Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,530 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 (32813 Views)

OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by jpphilips(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
MRSALT:
Buhari has finally destroyed the most robust economy in Africa just within one year. Some people will come now and say former administration is the cause. But in the history of Nigeria, there are times we had no foreign reserve and the sell of crude oil was as low as $35 dollars per barrel, yet banks did not regulate the amount of cash an individual could withdraw. May Nigeria never go Greece way. If you do not understand, the banks are indirectly saying 'there is no money' because people are withdrawing cash from their accounts in order to buy dollars from the black markets . Now, banks have no dollars to sell and they have no cash to give you.

You sound despicably ignorant and hopelessly r@tarded gosh!!

Banks want you to take little money over the counter to achieve the following;

1) conserve deposit funds ; The money others deposit is what you are paid.
2) Reduce cost of security; it cost a lot of money to move millions of deposits and withdrawals around.
3) Reduce the cost of maintaining several branches before now will be there just to collect huge deposit and payouts
4)Encourage cashless banking and more revenue for the banks because most cashless transfers are billed.

The overall effect is a drastic reduction in overhead costs to maximize profit, damn!!
Why don't you get a brain on hire purchase, it will help
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by Pavarottii(m): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
femmy2010:

If bankers are loosing jobs cos of the advent of Online banking and ATMs then be sure personals would be needed to provide ATMS, maintain them and regularly protect online banking accounts.
The reality is just the changing times
So in ur full knowledge and trend of bankers loosing job. They are loosing jobs cos of the advent of online banking and ATM?

Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
Pavarottii:

Chei... people still not seeing d prob is from d head?
how. please in simple finish explain how its Buhari fault
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 2:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
oluyale:

the push for a more cashless society is never Buhari's policies, I have been in this industry, and I can tell you, banks have always advocate for a more cashless transactions to reduce cost. What we are saying is, there is cash in the atm machines, there are pos in the superstores, theres is Internet banking for transfers.

So the less you come and do physical withdrawal the better for banks. Though I wish they can say it, in Nigeria Language cheesy grin
yeah cos white man said so. do your research. USA has 2 or 3 trillion in cash. but generate about 19 trill in credit. just imagine the spectacularity of the next economic crash. go ahead keep pushing for Illuminati New York disorder agenda.as for me I will invest 90%of my money in ''real things '' (farms and factories) so that I will have something to barter when the SHTF
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
Reference:

They are responding to government's policies, haba, you too are slow. Government sets the pace of everthing. They should reverse TSA until the economy starts moving again. You don't create hurdles in a contracting economy, period, think man, think.
so banker's who could not diversify our economy in 60 years should be given more time to sink up further into penury. hmm, I see..... so this is tied leaders of tmrw tic. them Ibb were talking about. no wonder the country is in a mess
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
linusbnn:

You did not read where they wrote to reduce staff/expenses?. If the economy is good,bank will employ more to capture the mrkt.
nothing wrong with our economy but lazy bankers, lazy leaders, lazy voters. who hold them for 30 to 40 years that they did not diversify their exposure to govt money. which of them invested in Agric or industry or housing. now the music has stopped they are scrambling for chair to sit down. it's not govt fault that they were hiring staff that added no value. (no be by part time prostitutes).
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
redcliff:

Read his comment properly and understand. He talked about cause and effect
what cause what effect
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
redcliff:

Read his comment properly and understand. He talked about cause and effect
what cause what effect.are they not the cause of the effect?
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
ZoggingMaster:
I'm not here for politics but from what you said, you are the intellectual slowpoke. If the Bankers Committee approached the CBN as stated, does your educated mind not tell you that it's their way of responding to the pressure of the current economic crisis ushered in by Buhari’s administration? SMH
did economic pressure tell them not to limit exposure to govt money for 40 years. did Buhari tell them not to invest in Agric sector over last 50 yrs. did crisis force them not to provide mortgages for potential good owners.? and youre talking about morons. you my friend are the slowpoke.just like the idiot banker I suggested this to and he refused to look up from his BlackBerry telling me banks can't afford to finance industrial clusters. I'm very sure you're a banker who lacks intellect
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
eph12:

The banks are only reacting to the present condition of the economy which is coordinated by the economic team headed by Mr President. They are not in the business to make loss so I don't blame them.
what is the economic situation.?did Buhari mispend oyel moni for 60 years.?

did he refuse to build refineries?
did he refuse to diversify the economy for 16 years?
do you even know what an economy is and how it is organised?
is this how you will be reasoning if you are made a special adviser?
no wonder the old timers have refused to hand over to the ''leaders of tmrw ''
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
proeast:
His policies, actions & inactions are at the root cause of the economic implosion. The dullard is responsible!
Pls could you mention 5 actions or inactions
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
luciouscookie:

Let's blame Gej then.
not this time. this time it's on the banks.
Buhari did not stop them from diversifying their portfolio. they've had decades to do so but instead chose to play musical chairs with our money.
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
luciouscookie:

Let's blame Gej then.
Buhari did not stop them from diversifying their portfolio. they've had decades to do so but instead chose to play musical chairs with our money. dem tink say banking na by clean shave or antelope high heels
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by omoyankee3(m): 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
MRSALT:
Buhari has finally destroyed the most robust economy in Africa just within one year. Some people will come now and say former administration is the cause. But in the history of Nigeria, there are times we had no foreign reserve and the sell of crude oil was as low as $35 dollars per barrel, yet banks did not regulate the amount of cash an individual could withdraw. May Nigeria never go Greece way. If you do not understand, the banks are indirectly saying 'there is no money' because people are withdrawing cash from their accounts in order to buy dollars from the black markets . Now, banks have no dollars to sell and they have no cash to give you.

With your comment, i amazed that you got that many likes...i dont know if it's because u got fp or people actually think your comment is spot on.
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
MRSALT:

Calm down

Let there be peace
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by elvision1(m): 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
blackberlin:
I know Buhari has not performed up to expectations and as a matter of fact, I have flogged the APC on countless topics, but this move by banks is a no-no!

Instead of banks to start getting edgy because of FX scarcity and the state of the economy, they should start getting more innovative. What are those things that can be done to reduce the rate of withdrawals? How can they corner the BDC business from the Abokis they have relied on for so long? How can they utilize the readily available workforce in a productive way to improve the customer base? These are the vital questions they need to ask themselves. . .

One of the issues of the Nigerian business environment is lack of innovation. The same banks are too scared to give out loans without collateral, thus limiting the amount of investments they have in the people and their own profit.

Instead of running around trying to reduce the rate at which people withdraw, let them try to increase the rate at which people deposit.

Nobody ever won a fight by dodging punches, you win by throwing stronger ones.

analytically you can say Ali won some of his greatest fights dodging punches in a rope-a-dope stategy. Lol
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by eph12(m): 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
mikolo80:
what is the economic situation.?did Buhari mispend oyel moni for 60 years.?

did he refuse to build refineries?
did he refuse to diversify the economy for 16 years?
do you even know what an economy is and how it is organised?
is this how you will be reasoning if you are made a special adviser?
no wonder the old timers have refused to hand over to the ''leaders of tmrw ''
The right thing to do is to take responsibility and fix everything wrong with our country and I believe that is what the government is trying to do or I think. You on the other hand can continue to sit in a corner and cry about the misrule of the past 60 years.
If you expect business owners not to react in ways that will favor them then you don't know a thing about business. People are in business to make profit not for charity organization. Those we elected in are our political officers and they are the ones we can hold responsible.
If militants or boko haram or Fulani herdsmen are having a field day i can't blame them. I instead blame those that are being paid with our taxes to stop them from operating.
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by eph12(m): 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
mikolo80:
Buhari did not stop them from diversifying their portfolio. they've had decades to do so but instead chose to play musical chairs with our money. dem tink say banking na by clean shave or antelope high heels
We shouldn't worry ourselves with what the banks are doing. If they like they can sack thousands. We have the N-Programmes, abi what is the name, to absorb everyone.
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
eph12:

We shouldn't worry ourselves with what the banks are doing. If they like they can sack thousands. We have the N-Programmes, abi what is the name, to absorb everyone.
that line of thinking right there is why we are in this mess.
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by eph12(m): 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
mikolo80:
that line of thinking right there is why we are in this mess.
In case you missed it I was being sarcastic
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
eph12:

The right thing to do is to take responsibility and fix everything wrong with our country and I believe that is what the government is trying to do or I think. You on the other hand can continue to sit in a corner and cry about the misrule of the past 60 years.
If you expect business owners not to react in ways that will favor them then you don't know a thing about business. People are in business to make profit not for charity organization. Those we elected in are our political officers and they are the ones we can hold responsible.
If militants or boko haram or Fulani herdsmen are having a field day i can't blame them. I instead blame those that are being paid with our taxes to stop them from operating.
1. that's what he is doing. when vulcaniser fix your tire does he just pump it or does he follow due process no matter how long it takes. same thing, first things first. if nobody suffers from anti corruption nothing will get done cos apc looting go worse pass so baba has to reboot the system. better to work effectively for 1 year than whistling in the wind for 4.all the quick quick solutions in the past (billions, acronyms, committees) which wan Hep you? calm down be patient and let baba work. or you can keep blaming(masturbation) him and he will still work till 2019

2. sitting down to share govt moni is not ''business ''
that's why we are removing that incentive for laziness.
the same goes for tthe sacked workers. they saw ppl fired during soludo time, during Sanusi time and they foolishly refused to plant tomato when the going was good instead they were buy-in flat screen and renting expensive homes and leasing expensive cars, all liabilities. one wonders how we haven't collapsed economically with such simpletons in charge of our finances.
3. this has nothing to do with the topic but anyone who is attacked repeatedly by rustlers deserves it.
Imo women dealt with them with just dry pepper while full grown men present their wives and daughters for rape and their farms for pillage. not the fault of the rustles that the farmers have chosen to be easy target.
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
eph12:

In case you missed it I was being sarcastic
I know but you need to understand our ppl no sabi English and will read it literally. why I added addendum for whoever will read that far.
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by Makamuanwuo(m): 4:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
eleojo23:
Hmmm...OYO is their case! grin

It cant work here,let them get ready for fight
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
elvision1:

analytically you can say Ali won some of his greatest fights dodging punches in a rope-a-dope stategy. Lol
wink
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by linusbnn(m): 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
mikolo80:
nothing wrong with our economy but lazy bankers, lazy leaders, lazy voters. who hold them for 30 to 40 years that they did not diversify their exposure to govt money. which of them invested in Agric or industry or housing. now the music has stopped they are scrambling for chair to sit down. it's not govt fault that they were hiring staff that added no value. (no be by part time prostitutes).

You have never done anything marketing before. We re waiting for this govt to diversify the economy
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
linusbnn:

You have never done anything marketing before. We re waiting for this govt to diversify the economy
I sell insurance two years, does that count. or you think you re invented the wheel or ma small pikin you de talk to. your hubris is cute to say d least. I've been on this matter for 20 years, when did you start caring about the economy. you think it's just to come and parrot what you overheard on some media here ba.if I ask you to list how economies apdtatgjt you will go silent
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by linusbnn(m): 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
mikolo80:
I sell insurance two years, does that count. or you think you re invented the wheel or ma small pikin you de talk to. your hubris is cute to say d least. I've been on this matter for 20 years, when did you start caring about the economy. you think it's just to come and parrot what you overheard on some media here ba.if I ask you to list how economies apdtatgjt you will go silent

Prof in economies I greet you sir. Na you be economies no vex. I worked with Fidelity bank too.
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
mikolo80:
is Buhari a member of bankers committee. Why do you not read bfor you comment. It was in the first two lines. You cannot possibly be that lazy

if the economy was ok,would there be any need for all this? would the banks wanna lay off workers? I have warned u several times,start using ur head and not anus to think ... haba!!!
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 12:58am On Jun 14, 2016
antonreal:

if the economy was ok,would there be any need for all this? would the banks wanna lay off workers? I have warned u several times,start using ur head and not anus to think ... haba!!!
Read about new world order and Illuminati and you will learn to keep your assets liquid
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mikolo80: 1:30am On Jun 14, 2016
linusbnn:

Prof in economies I greet you sir. Na you be economies no vex. I worked with Fidelity bank too.
Re: Banks Move To Limit Over-the-counter Withdrawals To N10,000 by mo6x6: 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
I wnt b in support of dis with d present situation of our dear nation (Nigeria) in terms of security, cos u are just making a move to endanger peoples life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Spotted At Mile 12 Market Showing His Skills / Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks / The Get Rich Quick Syndrome In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.