Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. (14273 Views)

PDP Reconciliation Committee Visits Ladoja, Adeniran, Jerry Gana, Others(photos) / House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States / Senate Rejects Devolution Of Powers To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by lohresloco: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2016
he is a northerner , he can't be bleeped with. simple
mrteee:
Jerry Gana is yet to explain how he came about N5Billion naira donated to GEJ campaign. I wonder why EFCC have not said on his case.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by Pavarottii(m): 11:34am On Jun 13, 2016
Empredboy:
give us a link to the fedralism report in the confab.
Go to Google and download. I av d full PDF file of it. Very very enlightening.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by ozimec(m): 11:36am On Jun 13, 2016
AdiscoPele:
Where were they when PDP was in power?

They are not patriotic Nigerians, they are only saying this because they are no more in power.

Useless bunch of old men.

Brother, it doesn't really the party that's in power. The unity of this country is more important than any political party.
The truth is that disunity is a symptom. We just live in a denial here and keep massaging the truth. The solution to all these agitations lies in ending this feeding bottle structure that we practice which encourages neocolonialism, the amalgamation of North and South is a big fraud. There is so much injustice, inequity, subjugation, winner-takes-it-all. There can't be peace under this structure, and if there is no peace there can't be unity or progress. Everyone must be made to feel involved, protected and represented for there to be first, a sense of patriotism, then unity. In this present structure where you have too strong center, one people use the instrument of the state to oppress and marginalize others. And we are talking about peace and unity. Let's be sincere, where in the world would security operatives open fire on unarmed civilian doing peaceful protest? Let's stop massaging the truthThis feeding bottle system of government we are running in this nation is the cause of all these problems. We need to end this structure. I am in total support of true fiscal federalism where every zones contribute a token to the centre and take their future and pace of growth in their own hands, and express their cultures and religion freely, and practice their vocations unhindered. I strongly believed that this is the only way to end this injustice.
So, I want to urge all Nairalanders and well meaning Nigerians to support the proposed fiscal federalism. Let's stop this tribal statements and insult because, it will only cause hatred and more agitation for self determination.
Everyone must be made to feel involved, protected and represented for there to be first, a sense of patriotism, then unity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by Nnabugwu8590: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2016
AdiscoPele:

They are not patriotic Nigerians, they are only saying this because they are no more in power.

My dear, I think you are wrong for your above statement.
Reasons: 1. When 2014 national conference started and ended, these men and PDP never kicked against the conference.
2. GEJ who is still a PDP man as am writing to you wholeheartedly accepted the 2014 Confab report.
3. When GEJ was handing over authority of Nigeria to PMB, he (GEJ) made an interesting statement that 2014 confab report is so precious...
Note: Am not a fan to PDP or APC, rather I am a fan to Nigeria's leadership of justice which starts from #RestructuringNigeria.
The foundation of a country determines its structure, its structure determines its operation and its operation determines its instruction-Nnabugwu Kingsley Okwudili
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by GoldenJAT(m): 11:44am On Jun 13, 2016
Pavarottii:

Did u say Liver. U didn't ask wat gave him the mind(so called Minority) first time someone from the ND is ruling Nigeria n had d liver to conduct a conference to restructure Nigeria. My brother that's a lot of guts mehn. I respect him 4 dat brave act.
which guts? conducting a conference that he couldn't even implement d report? we know his type... I'm a Niger deltan from Rivers state.... and I'm putting it 2u... that despite his efforts he failed!! the last time I checked... Nigerians voted him in2 office... forget that minority of a thing.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by Sleekkilla(m): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2016
Grasping at straws.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by TBankxx(m): 11:52am On Jun 13, 2016
VirginFinder:
Nigeria is overripe for this.
History beckons on PMB to be the greatest president of all time by doing what previous presidents didn't have the liver/willpower to do.
Time will tell.

He will enter the history good book if he can do Nigeria this favour & save her from exploding

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by Pavarottii(m): 11:55am On Jun 13, 2016
GoldenJAT:
which guts? conducting a conference that he couldn't even implement d report? we know his type... I'm a Niger deltan from Rivers state.... and I'm putting it 2u... that despite his efforts he failed!! the last time I checked... Nigerians voted him in2 office... forget that minority of a thing.
No need to reply u again! The moment I saw "forget that minority of a thing". U really don't know ur country den. Ameachi am sure u believe has guts. How many Hausa fulani has he stood to challenge dem. A Hausa fulani told him to cancel a school ready 4 session this year and he followed suit. Where was he wen they omitted Lagos-Calabar railway. Ameachi is just a foolish coward and all these were initiated by d man u claim had no guts. Atleast he had d liver to spearhead the conference and Petroleum Industrial Bill. U truly don't know d meaning of bravery. Is ur type that wen u get to abuja, u won't talk wen the hausa's gather to talk.

Good riddance.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by cliffbecks: 11:57am On Jun 13, 2016
Somalians coming to bomb Nigeria oil pipeline ? Nigeria Army, Nigeria Navy and Nigeria immigration did you hear that .
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by Ahmedhussain3463: 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
Pavarottii:

Don't say wat u don't know. These guys av been crying bout it 4 a long while but av been suppressed by d military.
wic military,jerry gana serve in a substancial capacity under obj btw 1999 to 2007 is from taraba state|is an hypocrate
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by madridguy(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Am not fighting anyone untop his/her property. Enjoy your crude oil. Shikena

Akpan107:
Buhari till 2050. but not on our crude oil... we are already taking it back.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by mikaael(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
AdiscoPele:

God Bless u...Were they not at one point in power..why didnt they clamour for dz then...these elders av so failed us...they brought us where we are nw
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by GoldenJAT(m): 12:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
Pavarottii:

No need to reply u again! The moment I saw "forget that minority of a thing". U really don't know ur country den. Ameachi am sure u believe has guts. How many Hausa fulani has he stood to challenge dem. A Hausa fulani told him to cancel a school ready 4 session this year and he followed suit. Where was he wen they omitted Lagos-Calabar railway. Ameachi is just a foolish coward and all these were initiated by d man u claim had no guts. Atleast he had d liver to spearhead the conference and Petroleum Industrial Bill. U truly don't know d meaning of bravery. Is ur type that wen u get to abuja, u won't talk wen the hausa's gather to talk.

Good riddance.
nothin for you from me!!! I just give up on you
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by ogwumgbe: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
Yes, when the fight for corruption is selective, then the owner of the gold should agitate and take back their gold. APC is the worst partial, blind and amateur political party in the history of mankind. They lack diplomacy, in fact they are animals. Their witch hunt has started to backfire on them. Bunch of fools that think they can deceive people. If they are sincere in fighting corruption, they know those to go after. Collection of hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Everyone is singing true federalism, but would buhari listen.
So since true federalism is good, why wasn't it implemented all that while when PDP was in power? These old people care less about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
ogwumgbe:
Yes, when the fight for corruption is selective, then the owner of the gold should agitate and take back their gold. APC is the worst partial, blind and amateur political party in the history of mankind. They lack diplomacy, in fact they are animals. Their witch hunt has started to backfire on them. Bunch of fools that think they can deceive people. If they are sincere in fighting corruption, they know those to go after. Collection of hypocrites.
Shame on you! Your type will not hesitate to lynch a man that steals #5000 but will defend a political thief with your blood!
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:

Reasons: 1. When 2014 national conference started and ended, these men and PDP never kicked against the conference.
2. GEJ who is still a PDP man as am writing to you wholeheartedly accepted the 2014 Confab report.
3. When GEJ was handing over authority of Nigeria to PMB, he (GEJ) made an interesting statement that 2014 confab report is so precious...
Note: Am not a fan to PDP or APC, rather I am a fan to Nigeria's leadership of justice which starts from #RestructuringNigeria.
The foundation of a country determines its structure, its structure determines its operation and its operation determines its instruction-Nnabugwu Kingsley Okwudili
Good luck should have implemented the report na! Several of the recommendations are beautiful. He did not. He used the confab report rather to campaign for second term thinking we are stewpid. Lol he lost. He wouldn't have implemented it had he won.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by okuneddie(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
drizzymadbet:

this got me giggling real hard. Aregbese has done something much more worse than what these niggas did and hasn't met his Waterloo as u said.

That nigga had bankrupted your state, if not for the bailouts and even prosponement of debt repayment, the state would be brain dead by now

Dude go and face your local problems and quit this one, you have more pressing issues

bros have you been there before? if not then u won't understand what's going on but will still depend on what u see online. He is owing workers that's right and that's the only thing he is doing wrong. Check other things he is doing and then u will realise why people always praise him.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by tundexijim(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
Pavarottii:

Keep mute if u don't know shiii... no document has clamoured 4 true fiscal federalism like the confab report by GEJ. Go to Google and download it. U will see a more comprehensive report about d implementation of True Fiscal Federalism. Av u not asked urself. Why did the north decide to pull out of d confab and why did buhari say it's 4 d archive? Rather they are threatening war.

if think if gej was reelected he wuld implement the confab report then u are dreaming.. he made the confab document and didn't make any move to implement it b4 leaving office...
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by Akpan107(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:
Am not fighting anyone untop his/her property. Enjoy your crude oil. Shikena

Thank you!
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by jozee8: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
AdiscoPele:

You are absolutely right! it would have been easy during GEJ's tenure, if thats what they really wanted!!
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by Ephemmm: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Everyone is singing true federalism, but would buhari listen who has taken drastic ACTION since majority of the agitators are either past/active Nigerian leaders/politicians .
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by mikolo80: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
bonechamberlain:
you don't need Buhari for true federalism. you only need 2⅔ nat'l Assembly
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by mikolo80: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
bonechamberlain:
you don't need Buhari for true federalism. you only need 2⅔ nat'l Assembly not 2 foolish old Agip men
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by imkyluv: 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
COW!!!. when the Dr. was presiding over Nigeria, why didnt he start true federalism?
megrimor:
If we tell that dullard that only true federalism can stop 9ja from exploding, will he hear? Forming general ontop nonsense
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by Image123(m): 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:

GEJ deceived the gullible with his politically organised national conference. He didn't do anything about a conference he organised January 2014.He kept the report probably in the store room or dustbin area. People have been dreaming about the solution to Nigeria's problem. Some said democracy, some said prayers, some rebranding, some diversification, some sovereign national conference, now true federalism. There is no click it solution to Nigeria's problem. People should stop impeding government. If you really need stuff, go to the national Assembly. Don't blame Buhari, get 2third of the house to give you true federalism.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by Image123(m): 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
Pavarottii:

Good riddance.

The school is ready for session where? Show us the work done that makes you think that.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by nairamaniac: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:

please stop giving any sort of credit to that ineffectual Buffon. Fine the conducted the confab, but end of it all he gave them all a condition to push for its implementation if he's voted for 2nd term. we haven't even included the excessive money he spent on the program.

Truely, federalism seems to be the right path. but we must tactically/carefully switch to such a system.

if we do this tactlessly, several states would be at the loosing end and several governors would rule its citizens like emperors.

The presidency has to be highly involved in checkmating the excesses of governors from the very beginning.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by bfire(m): 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
AdiscoPele:

These people are the same set of elders and whatever that were blind for some years now.

They suddenly woke up shouting what again self

True federalism is truly the way to go.
But why politicize it.

I guess they just woke up from the dead
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by olivephyssiyor: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Deen77:

God will increase your knowledge.
. If sincerely de believe in change, then dis is d time for true federalism. D men who preach change shouldn't follow status quo.
Re: Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. by olivephyssiyor: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
mrteee:
Jerry Gana is yet to explain how he came about N5Billion naira donated to GEJ campaign. I wonder why EFCC have not said on his case.
do d needful na, go arrest d man if EFCC no fit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maina’s Return: We Did Our Best – Magu / 2019: Why We Bought Forms For Buhari – Group / Youths/Women Rally For Buhari In Bebeji LG In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.