Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Crooked Nigeria - Even In Sport - Welcome To Grandpa Golden Eaglets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crooked Nigeria - Even In Sport - Welcome To Grandpa Golden Eaglets (1519 Views)

Photo Of Buhari With Victorious Eaglets In 1985, About To Do Same In 2015 / Buhari Will Not Rule Nigeria Even If He Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crooked Nigeria - Even In Sport - Welcome To Grandpa Golden Eaglets by Eziachi: 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
It had just been reported that 29 of the 36 players of Nigerian eaglet team to represent them in the coming aged competition for kids under the age of 17 had been found out to be way to older than they claimed after an investigative MRI scan procedures.

So with only seven players remaining and as I was told, the competition they were the host is just around the corner, Nigeria will have to assembly an overnight team.  It goes to show that “when a matured goat is chewing its straw, the young goat is keenly watching the movement of the adult goats mouth to practice later”.

Cheating has become the hallmark of the cesspit called Nigeria, from all spheres of life, so who will blame this guys calling themselves kids to cheat their way into an aged competition?

It’s a well know fact that players of Nigerian under 17 teams are normally people in their early 20s, and those that plays the under 20 teams/Olympic  are always those in the mid or late 20s and we all knew that but pretend that we don't know that they had been cheating for so long.

That is why Nigerian age group teams are always flying in competitions, because they are playing against team with players far younger than them.

Them when it comes to Super Eagle were anyone can play and where they had matured to their full potentials, they are tired and useless as they are nowhere to be seen flying.
Why? Because by the time they become member of the Super Eagle, most of these players had aged and close to retirement in the reality.
Many Super Eagles players claiming to be in their late 20s now are all close to their 40th birthdays
If Yakubu Aiyegbeni is 24 or Kanu is 29 of age, I must be 150 years old.
Re: Crooked Nigeria - Even In Sport - Welcome To Grandpa Golden Eaglets by vigasimple(m): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2009
Eziachi:

It had just been reported that 29 of the 36 players of Nigerian eaglet team to represent them in the coming aged competition for kids under the age of 17 had been found out to be way to older than they claimed after an investigative MRI scan procedures.

So with only seven players remaining and as I was told, the competition they were the host is just around the corner, Nigeria will have to assembly an overnight team. It goes to show that “when a matured goat is chewing its straw, the young goat is keenly watching the movement of the adult goats mouth to practice later”.

Cheating has become the hallmark of the cesspit called Nigeria, from all spheres of life, so who will blame this guys calling themselves kids to cheat their way into an aged competition?

It’s a well know fact that players of Nigerian under 17 teams are normally people in their early 20s, and those that plays the under 20 teams/Olympic are always those in the mid or late 20s and we all knew that but pretend that we doesn't know that they had been cheating for so long.
That is why Nigerian age group teams are always flying in competitions, because they are playing against team with players far younger than them.

Them when it comes to Super Eagle were anyone can play and where they had matured to their full potentials, they are tired and useless as they are nowhere to be seen flying.
Why? Because by the time they become member of the Super Eagle, most of these players had aged and close to retirement in the reality.
Many Super Eagles players claiming to be in their late 20s now are all close to their 40th birthdays
If Yakubu Aiyegbeni is 24 or Kanu is 29 of age, I must be 150 years old.

Charlie boy, that your english na chief gringory alias 440 'we doesn't know' , becareful before you kill English so that they will not think you are 70 years old.

Old boy na true talk. Even your President is a YAR A'LIAR and those people make one feel sad of being a person with faith/religion as in christian or moslem because they lie and invoke the name of God or Allah, and swear on the Holy Bible or Holy Quaran.

FAILURE OF LEADERSHIP  is what we call it. Papa Deceiving Piking PDP Piking deceiving papa, equation is equal. until we have good leaders who are ready to lead by example, it will be merry go round of nonsense.
Re: Crooked Nigeria - Even In Sport - Welcome To Grandpa Golden Eaglets by naso2(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2009
vigasimple:

Charlie boy, that your english na chief gringory alias 440 'we doesn't know' , becareful before you kill English so that they will not think you are 70 years old.

Old boy na true talk. Even your President is a YAR A'LIAR and those people make one feel sad of being a person with faith/religion as in christian or moslem because they lie and invoke the name of God or Allah, and swear on the Holy Bible or Holy Quaran.

FAILURE OF LEADERSHIP  is what we call it. Papa Deceiving Piking PDP Piking deceiving papa, equation is equal. until we have good leaders who are ready to lead by example, it will be merry go round of nonsense.

The truth is that most African  and most south americans  are age  cheats in sports.

If 29 players failed the test in nigeria, then you can be sure more will fail in Ghana . I remember DANIEL ADDO the "free aged"  Ghanian that started and ended his playing career at age group level.  Yaw preko was once acclaimed the most gifted 15yr old in the world , if only europeans knew his real age then , the story would have been far different. Do we talk of julius aghaowa etc

Have you not heard samuel peters age on paper?

But if we must tell ourselves the truth, this is not only a problem of politicians or footballers. Go to the civil service and see that you are on paper older than your boss , who is old enough to father you.

The private sector is not exempt , age falsification by even "devout" christians plenty.  na today?

I have a younger brother whose real age was a few months older than the requirement for a particular placement. I discovered that I was a lone voice trying to discourage him from doing a fresh affidavit.

Its not a leadership problem. Its a nigerian problem which will remain even if we split the country into 20 parts.
Re: Crooked Nigeria - Even In Sport - Welcome To Grandpa Golden Eaglets by vanunu: 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2009
kanu's football age is 33, he finished from Holy Ghost College Owerri, in 1992, and in the same year he joined Iwuanyanwu National Football club, with Mobi Oparaku. Two of them were the youngest in the team, the age difference between them and other players in Iwuanyanwu national then was very glaring.

He is the only player that featured in Japan under17 world cup 1993, that is still playing for his country
Re: Crooked Nigeria - Even In Sport - Welcome To Grandpa Golden Eaglets by jamace(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2009
Chai! Corruption in every facets of our daily lives. Na wa o. shocked shocked.

Our elders will continue to say "In our days, things were not this bad". If I may ask, who made corruption a national character in Nigeria - the elders or the youths? I will re-state here that our elders are the authors and finishers of corruption in Nigeria. Quote me any where. When our elders say "In our days, things were not this bad", they are merely talking about the good legacy left behind for them by their own elders. The present corrupt system is the legacy which they, our present elders, have for us, the youths.

Presently, the elders dictate the pace in corruption because they are our leaders. They use their positions, connections or direct bribery to ensure their children/stooges get the best in the country. They loot the treasury entrusted to them by the people. They rig anything riggable to ensure their stooges get the upper hand in everything.

Methinks it is high time concerned youths learned to tell our so- call elders to shut up their smelly corrupted mouths anytime they ascribe the corrupt mess in Nigeria to the youths. These grey haired and bald- headed crooks in the name of elders or leaders are a bunch of disappointments who have jeopardised the future of the present youths.

Really Sad. sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Crooked Nigeria - Even In Sport - Welcome To Grandpa Golden Eaglets by Eziachi: 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2009
vanunu:

kanu's football age is 33, he finished from Holy Ghost College Owerri, in 1992, and in the same year he joined Iwuanyanwu National Football club, with Mobi Oparaku. Two of them were the youngest in the team, the age difference between them and other players in Iwuanyanwu national then was very glaring.

He is the only player that featured in Japan under17 world cup 1993, that is still playing for his country

Yes I knew your story very well because I was there too in those early days. Like I said, if Kanu is 33, I must be 150 years old. If he was 15 or 16 in 1993, so how old was he when he played for IBC FC before joining Iwuanyanwu. As far back as 1989 Kanu was playing with IBC team with Elemas Ubomiri toward national division 3 then, so he was be 10 year old playing with men.
In Nigeria when someone said they are 20, what they meant was that, they are actually 30+.

(1) (Reply)

Ohakim Pays Hospital Bill For Nursing Mothers / Diya, Olanrewaju’s Pardon: The Biggest Mistake Obasanjo Made – Col. Craig / Funny: President Goodluck Jonathan In The Toilet During OAU 50th Anniversaryᓄ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.