Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,870 members, 7,855,561 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? (1518 Views)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria's Most Powerful Politician - Onyebuchi Ememanka / Inside Special Forces: Nigeria’s Most-feared Fighting Unit / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by humebuloe: 7:53pm On May 08, 2011
In answering this question,take a look at each tribe's inter marriage system with other tribes,their business investment outside their domain/tribe,their accommodation and hospitality to people outside their tribe etc
Please be objective with your reasons.
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by emekagh(m): 8:24pm On May 08, 2011
Can we have a poll?
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by Mynd44: 8:56pm On May 08, 2011
poll needed
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by udezue(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2011
Pointless thread
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by humebuloe: 5:07pm On May 09, 2011
yes, poll is needed and people should be objective
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by sirjec(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2011
ibos
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by vicenzo(m): 12:06am On May 10, 2011
I thought we all believe in OIL,which one be nigeria kwa?
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by humebuloe: 9:08am On May 10, 2011
If you say IBOS(What are your Reasons?
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by saintneo(m): 9:30am On May 10, 2011
Yeroubais! grin
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by xformer: 9:45am On May 10, 2011
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by meexteriox(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2011
Personally, i think the Igbos have clearly shown deep belief in the Project called Nigeria.
From research and observation, it is only an Igbo man that can go wholeheartedly to
Maiduguri, Kano, Sokoto, Ibadan, Oshogbo Bayelsa, Portharcourt and invest massively
without looking back.

Personal opinion, though.
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by saintneo(m): 12:07pm On May 10, 2011
saintneo:

Yeroubais! grin
xformer:

Seriously, Yeroubais are the true Nigerians. @xformer, hug urself mate. lol!
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by enyojo(f): 12:25pm On May 10, 2011
Middle-beltans generally. We are like the Belt that binds Nigeria together.
Thank God for making me an Igala cool cool
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 10, 2011
It's between Yeruba and Ofenmanu tribes. It's kind of tight I must confess. grin

BTW, very silly thread.
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by humebuloe: 3:19pm On May 10, 2011
Personally, i think the Igbos have clearly shown deep belief in the Project called Nigeria.
From research and observation, it is only an Igbo man that can go wholeheartedly to
Maiduguri, Kano, Sokoto, Ibadan, Oshogbo Bayelsa, Portharcourt and invest massively
without looking back.

Yes, your personal opinion is noted, more points from fellow nairalanders
Please state your reasons and points
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by EkoIle1: 3:56pm On May 10, 2011
humebuloe:

without looking back.

Yes, your personal opinion is noted, more points from fellow nairalanders
Please state your reasons and points

Going to the places your listed has nothing to do with any kind of believe in Nigeria,  it has more to do with money, livelihood and sad  reflection of the poor and underdeveloped economic situation back home.

Believing in Nigeria shouldn't be about business, money or things of that nature, it's about fighting for justice, democracy, equality, better quality of life, against corruption and other societal ills regardless of money or any kind of personal gains and according to our history, only on region has been stepping up to lead that battle and many died or went to jail while fighting the same war against the establishment to save Nigeria. Fela and his mother, Abiola and his wife Kudirat, Bola Ige, Gani, Pa Ajasin, Awolowo and many more,
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by johnie: 6:36pm On May 10, 2011
enyojo:

Middle-beltans generally. We are like the Belt that binds Nigeria together.
Thank God for making me an Igala cool cool

I think you are giving too many details about yourself on NL.

I also suggest you remove your profile picture.
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by hercules07: 9:16pm On May 10, 2011
@Johnie

I am in two minds about that picture o, that smile is just nice, I think she should register with another handle sha, she has revealed a lot here and we do not want people going after her because of the revelations. Our brothers in the North believe in Nigeria, then the South West then others.
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by EzeUche2(m): 9:19pm On May 10, 2011
The DUMB ARSE Ndigbo. . . angry
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by Dotman01(m): 12:05am On May 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

The DUMB ARSE Ndigbo. . . angry
. . . .what am checking my dictionary for this.
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by Ikengawo: 6:10am On May 11, 2011
you have to be ignorant to participate in this thread, but for the fun of it, and not a matter of serious discussion i'll say ndigbo.

look at it this way, like someone else said they're the only tribe that travel and live in all of nigeria and can call none indiginous (to ndigbo) states and cities their homes

another sign is in Nollywood.

in reality Nollywood movies are igbo movies
then there's 2 seperate genres, Yoruba movies and Hausa movies, that aren't in the mainstream of nollywood but cater to those audiences

it was only in the igbo manifestation of movie making that tribal limitation was dropped, movies are done in english to accomodate everyone, and most importantly ALL tribes are cast as stars and equals. Olu Jacobs plays igwes, Rita Dominic plays a Fulani, Jim Iyke and Hausa, and so forth.

also if you look at the 3 founding fathers, it was Zik alone that was totally dedicated to the idea of Nigeria and not Eastern Nigeria the way the Saraduna was dedicated to Northern Nigeria and Awolowo dedicated to the West. Even Rionsi's coup was an attempt to end regionalism and make Nigeria one Unitary whole.

so, easily ndigbo are the most dedicated to the idea of Nigeria
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by ektbear: 6:38am On May 11, 2011
Does willingness to go somewhere to make money = patriotism?

If so, we have a lot of patriotic illegal mexicans here in the US
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by EzeUche2(m): 7:12am On May 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

Does willingness to go somewhere to make money = patriotism?

If so, we have a lot of patriotic illegal mexicans here in the US

Wrong analogy. . . Do many of those illegal immigrants in the U.S. try to assimilate in U.S. culture? I haven't seen any that do. They rather speak Spanish.

At least the Ndigbo will embrace the host community's culture, language and even religion. . .
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by Nobody: 7:14am On May 11, 2011
Yorubas

They accommodate any one from any tribe into their region. Most detribalized ethnicity in Nigeria.
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by Ikengawo: 7:16am On May 11, 2011
idk why everyone tries to act like ndigbo are bizarre for trying to make money

is there any reason on god's earth why and independant man or woman above the age of 15 wouldn't be trying to make money? is trying to feed yourself unique to the igbos? do other tribes eat sand and vegetation?

and igbo man can make quadruple what he makes in sokoto doing the same thing in Enugu or Onitsha, but isn't afraid to go to Sokoto cause like Enugu and Onitsha he sees it as still being a part of his country, which it is.

all this 'making money' banishing is cartoonish. image, a people mocked for wanting to make money, what breed of human being outside of buddaist monks aren't trying to make money? even the homeless and insane are begging for money.
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by ektbear: 7:18am On May 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

Wrong analogy. . . Do many of those illegal immigrants in the U.S. try to assimilate in U.S. culture? I haven't seen any that do. They rather speak Spanish.

At least the Ndigbo will embrace the host community's culture, language and even religion. . .
Are the Igbos in the north hausa-speaking Muslims?

They are just there to make money. Nothing wrong with that, but to spin that as something noble, selfless and patriotic seems silly to me
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by Ikengawo: 7:21am On May 11, 2011
that's the point. the igbo don't see the north as another country, they see it as nigeria, so if they go to the north and they're nigerian then they're at home, there's no need to become muslim, nothing in the sand says you must be muslim to cross jigawa state.

if an american democrat goes into a republican state he's still in america and doesn't have to become a republican.
to ndigbo it's all nigeria.
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by EzeUche2(m): 7:22am On May 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

Are the Igbos in the north hausa-speaking Muslims?

They are just there to make money. Nothing wrong with that, but to spin that as something noble, selfless and patriotic seems silly to me

Actually a good amount of the Igbos in the North are indeed Muslim. You will find an Alhajji Uche Okoro in the North.

If they are just there to make money, why don't they go back home instead of generations living there?  undecided
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by ektbear: 7:22am On May 11, 2011
right, but the point is that moving somewhere to make money doesn't make one a patriot.

If I move to chicago because there is a job there, that doesn't mean I'm extra-patriotic. In fact, it is irrelevant to my patriotism

edit: typos
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by ektbear: 7:24am On May 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

If they are just there to make money, why don't they go back home instead of generations living there?  undecided

Presumably because there is more money to be made elsewhere than in the SE?
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by EkoIle1: 7:29am On May 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

At least the Ndigbo will embrace the host community's culture, language and even religion
. . .

All the same, it's all about the money, they don't give a sh/it about the so called host communities, they still turn around and call then derogatory names while nursing deep hatred for the same people in the host communities. Your people are in Yoruba land living peacefully and making money, but you people still display disgust and contempt.

You people need to stop acting as if we all are not Nigerians and we don't know each other, we know you and you people are terrible and ungrateful  guests, you care less about anything outside your borders, all you care about is the money so shove all that self serving nonsense about giving a poo about Nigeria because if the same money making opportunities exists within your borders, you be giving us the middle finger?
Re: Which Tribe Believe In Nigeria Most? by namfav(m): 7:44am On May 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

Actually a good amount of the Igbos in the North are indeed Muslim. You will find an Alhajji Uche Okoro in the North.

maybe only 10% of the ibo population in the north is muslim, i haven't come across too many muslims, not too many of them mingle either, many of them have quarters which is totally ibo with only a few other who make the effort to mingle with the rest, i won't say just because they are in the north they are making unity amongst themselves and northerners better, sometimes it makes things worse because of a little community they have, there is nothing wrong with forming a community base on your ethnicity many northerners who live in the south mingle alot but once people start to perceive that a little iboland is being formed that is when the problems start, you know it is mainly alot of ibos who were not even born in the south east that started mess in the north in the 60s so the trust is not there as 100%

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Un House / Falomo Bridge A Waste Of Money? / Fashola For President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.