Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! (30157 Views)

FG Has Created 8m Blue Collar Jobs - Ngige, Minister Of Labour / Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos / Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Babacele: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
modath:

99% of the ignoramuses castigating Ngige are only doing it out of deep seated bias and angst, deep in their hearts they know the right thing but unnecessary hate won't let them see clearly..

There are laid down procedures to things like this & they ought to be followed to the letter..

Most employers in the country have turned themselves to tin gods because they've been made to think themselves as being above the law or can't be questioned... NLC has shirked its duty and responsibilities to the masses..

Just this past week, Ngige had to wade into the crises at the Federal Ministry of Health and he resolved it to the delight of the staff who wanted the Perm Sec removed since she had turned herself into a tin goddess because of strong political backing....
u think they really know? Nope Mo...I don't think hate filled Igbos know about Labour laws, employee/employer relationship and best global practices....our minister Ngige should go ahead and enforce all the laws that guides jobs and employment in Naija ....n where there are no clear contract terms, it should henceforth be well spelt and legally binding too.....nobody be anybody fool anymore....God bless Keshi and Amodu ! May their soul go back to the Creator, amen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by SuperS1Panther: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
Lalasticlala Mynd44,

Kindly move the thread to FP. People need to be more aware of their right.

If this was a thread of fake FBI list it would have made FP without even verifying on FBI site or CNN site.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by MilanGuy: 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
dearsly:
Enough Zombies for the thread

lipsrsealed undecided undecided

Your foolishness and stupidity is legendary

Kontinue cheesy grin cheesy grin

17 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Lalasticlala Mynd44,

Kindly move the thread to FP. People need to be more aware of their right.

If this was a thread of fake FBI list it would have made FP without even verifying on FBI site or CNN site.

Lol. That list have been flying around the internet since. I was shocked to see it in FP without any form of verification.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
Devil calling saints names.

Lai Mohammed

koboko69:

Ngwakwe, i know your antecedents. You are never objective neither do u reason logically. From your response so far, you are the one after politics. I have always known you to support fraud. So because i am after worker's welfare, illegality should become legal? Those dismissed for fraudulent activities should be recalled? What a pathetic reasoning, you are one of the reasons Nigeria is Fantastically corrupt.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by obailala(m): 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
koboko69:

Kindly copy and send her this link to factory reset her brains.
Thank you !
Thanks for this well researched piece; if only I had this on Saturday I would have just passed her the link and exposed her ignorance like a boss! grin

4 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by SuperS1Panther: 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
To beat the law, some employers always ask their employee to resign voluntarily.

If the employee knows his/her right she can insist on termination, so that he or she can be paid redundancy payment.

1 Like

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by shukuokukobambi: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
Koboko69, I dey come. Let me go and get my rubber cane laced with pepper.

Koboko is not enough for this ekpas and otondos angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by modath(f): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Babacele:
u think they really know? Nope Mo...I don't think hate filled Igbos know about Labour laws, employee/employer relationship and best global practices....our minister Ngige should go ahead and enforce all the laws that guides jobs and employment in Naija ....n where there are no clear contract terms, it should henceforth be well spelt and legally binding too.....nobody be anybody fool anymore....God bless Keshi and Amodu ! May their soul go back to the Creator, amen.

Baba, I agree 100% that many of them don't know, but some of them do but they'd pretend not to so they don't tip their apple cart.. Do you think the intelligentsia among them don't know? They do, but they have to play the part their "unwritten script" calls for.

Obailala,

Truth be told, even if you had the link, the person would still have found another reason to "wail"... I have many many of them who insist on bellyaching to me over every government policy. No matter how valid or superior your argument is, the pre conceived notion won't let the person back down, the other party will slyly find another inanity to wear you down with...

It's the major reason I don't engage the trolls and crazies on this platform... it's tiring.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Achuwa1(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
pls is it not individuals tht owns & run dis banks ?
how do u expect individuals tht own & run their business to continue retaining staff with this directionless govt with no economy blue print or policies tht will make banking business & other businesses to survive.
pmb came & muscled them off finances tht they use to do business with TSA,no power & they buy diesel to run their generator sets at high cozt thts if the diesel is available,the govt started collecting stamp duty on every #100 & above deposited indirectly scaring some customers from depositing their money i banks,banks use their finances to pay for structures & premises they use to do their businesss,bank provides security for themselves & pay security out fits like the police force which is the duty of the govt to protect lives & properties etc,,i can go on & on ,,but if the govt feel they dont want banks run by individuals not to sack then they should empower states to owan commercial banks aswel & not to sack if they are not making profits.
NO INDIVIDUAL OR PRIVATE BUSINESS OWNER GOES INTO BUSINESS WITHOUT THE SOLE AIM OF MAKING PROFIT.
dangote gets waivers ,imfact he was having enough import waivers during GEJ regime to bring in some material,& during when some of his businesses had isssues & he sacked some of his workers,why didnt govt reminds him of labour law.
Govt should not interfer on private business owners again coz those sacked employment letter didnt not come thru the govt & moreover,nobody willl see his business on the verge of colllapse & expect to keep quiet just like the govt has been having sleepless night over NIGER DELTA AVENGER activuties for months nw.
so banks has the right to higher when the need arises & to fire when they deem it proper to do so coz no business can survive under harsh economic condition like we have nw or do u expect them to close completely & go to Ghana like some other manufacturing companies did in time past.
abeg ooooo
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Achuwa1(m): 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
higher-hire
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
[s]
Achuwa1:
pls is it not individuals tht owns & run dis banks ?
how do u expect individuals tht own & run their business to continue retaining staff with this directionless govt with no economy blue print or policies tht will make banking business & other businesses to survive.
pmb came & muscled them off finances tht they use to do business with TSA,no power & they buy diesel to run their generator sets at high cozt thts if the diesel is available,the govt started collecting stamp duty on every #100 & above deposited indirectly scaring some customers from depositing their money i banks,banks use their finances to pay for structures & premises they use to do their businesss,bank provides security for themselves & pay security out fits like the police force which is the duty of the govt to protect lives & properties etc,,i can go on & on ,,but if the govt feel they dont want banks run by individuals not to sack then they should empower states to owan commercial banks aswel & not to sack if they are not making profits.
NO INDIVIDUAL OR PRIVATE BUSINESS OWNER GOES INTO BUSINESS WITHOUT THE SOLE AIM OF MAKING PROFIT.
dangote gets waivers ,imfact he was having enough import waivers during GEJ regime to bring in some material,& during when some of his businesses had isssues & he sacked some of his workers,why didnt govt reminds him of labour law.
Govt should not interfer on private business owners again coz those sacked employment letter didnt not come thru the govt & moreover,nobody willl see his business on the verge of colllapse & expect to keep quiet just like the govt has been having sleepless night over NIGER DELTA AVENGER activuties for months nw.
so banks has the right to higher when the need arises & to fire when they deem it proper to do so coz no business can survive under harsh economic condition like we have nw or do u expect them to close completely & go to Ghana like some other manufacturing companies did in time past.
abeg ooooo
[/s]

Did u read the article at all or u just decided to type this epistle of shit!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
modath:

Baba, I agree 100% that many of them don't know, but some of them do but they'd pretend not to so they don't tip their apple cart.. Do you think the intelligentsia among them don't know? They do, but they have to play the part their "unwritten script" calls for.

Obailala,

Truth be told, even if you had the link, the person would still have found another reason to "wail"... I have many many of them who insist on bellyaching to me over every government policy. No matter how valid or superior your argument is, the pre conceived notion won't let the person back down, the other party will slyly find another inanity to wear you down with...

It's the major reason I don't engage the trolls and crazies on this platform... it's tiring.

Typical example of the bolded is ngwakwe the disgraced mod now hiding under the moniker isrealiAirforce. Just take a look at this thread and see his comments

3 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Canme4u(m): 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
Thumbs up @koboko69

1 Like

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by dustmalik: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Pyno30: 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nonsense Ngige
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
Most of the people who took a swipe at him were blinded by politically induced hate.

Though economic situations in the country hasn't been favourable, these banks still declare profits that can cause high-BP for the common man, share profits at the top, then turn around to lay-off the junior staff based on poor economic situations.
Why didn't they start from reducing the money they share at the top?

One particular bank is in a steady competition with a bank that is old enough to be her great-grandfather at the mercy of her staff.

5 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Iko5000: 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
Yes we have labour laws which surprisingly are very good but has any Nigerian Govt applied the laws to any private company - answer is no
Does Govt apply the labour laws to their government workers to protect them , answer is no too.
So Labour Minister ,charity begins fat home . Apply the laws to the civil service first and then you can tackle the private sector too.[size=13pt][/size]
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by omenka(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
koboko69:
Today, u wake up 4am in the morning, have your bath, prepare the kids, spend hours in the traffic, get to work, settle down, only for u to log on, and see your password have been disabled. You have been sacked!!!! And every one seems comfortable with this development. At the end of the year, they declare mind blowing profits.
They employ as a contract staff, pay you as a contract staff, you work as a full staff,make money for them as a full staff, then when they are done using u, they sack u as a slave staff.

If you are one of those who insulted Ngige, a big Shame on you!

If licenses are withdrawn, doesn't necessarily mean mass sack...ask me how?
Koboko!!! Whipping sense into Nigerians since the days of Socrates!!

Much thanks bro.. God bless you for this.

6 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by ademoladeji(m): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
We need to be re-orientated!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
Iko5000:
Yes we have labour laws which surprisingly are very good but has any Nigerian Govt applied the laws to any private company - answer is no
Does Govt apply the labour laws to their government workers to protect them , answer is no too.
So Labour Minister ,charity begins fat home . Apply the laws to the civil service first and then you can tackle the private sector too.[size=13pt][/size]

Don't be ignorant. What it comes to labour laws, government are the best in adhering. Be it APC or PDP

2 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by danasjoe1: 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nigeria is a country full of lawlessness,when the head can't obey the law of the country what else do you expect of the citizen and foreigners??I no call person name o
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by iswallker(m): 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
na you wan enforce all these rules wey you dey bold for here bah...

if you are made redundant...nor go find another work or better still start your own business.. sad

dey there dey quote law... grin
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Edum13656: 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
pls Hon. Minister 80% of those employed in the banking sector are on contract. just +or- 60k a month chikina ... no performance bonus and no profit sharing not to mention Upfront payment.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by sessydu: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
Im really tired of this " hire and fire" mentality in the banking industry. Its been on for ages and its high time govt did smthing drastic about it.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by grandstar(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
Government should stop chasing shadows.

The economy is collapsing due to Buhari's statist economics policies and he is here yearning hubris.

Revive the economy and the mass sackings will end.

Today, I can't make PayPal payments. I suspect my card has been suspended because of forex controls introduced by Buhari. This has put a nail into a business I was hoping would be earning me about $2,000 monthly in profits. Its up in smoke.

So many businesses are collapsing because of the forex restrictions and job losses are mounting not just in banks. Its worse in the wider economy.

A friend who was just laid off wants to start car hire. Hoping to join Uber but was told his car needed to be 2009 or upwards. There are so many white collar types like him now jobless. An expatraite high up in a multinantional called the forex policy as 'very insane"

1 Like

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by MVLOX(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
dearsly:
Enough Zombies for the thread

lipsrsealed undecided undecided

Its either u are an under age or u are just too stupid to knw wen adults re discussing a very serious issue....ODE....I would have asked God to give u sense but u practically nid more.... A new BRAIN

5 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by wristbangle: 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Most of the people who took a swipe at him were blinded by politically induced hate.

Though economic situations in the country hasn't been favourable, these banks still declare profits that can cause high-BP for the common man, share profits at the top, then turn around to lay-off the junior staff based on poor economic situations.

Why didn't they start from reducing the money they share at the top?

One particular bank is in a steady competition with a bank that is old enough to be her great-grandfather at the mercy of her staff.

The answer to be bolded as we all know is self centred, selfish, greedy and corrupt set of top ogas sharing the cake alone. Imagine when downsizing and right sizing, they want junior/contract staffs to feel the heat without any of them involved.

They collect 3million and above as monthly salary but people earning meagre 80k-100k will most likely face the brunt more when they are doing massive sacking using economic situation to justify their silly act.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by omenka(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
koboko69:

Ngwakwe, i know your antecedents. You are never objective neither do u reason logically. From your response so far, you are the one after politics. I have always known you to support fraud. So because i am after worker's welfare, illegality should become legal? Those dismissed for fraudulent activities should be recalled? What a pathetic reasoning, you are one of the reasons Nigeria is Fantastically corrupt.
Thought you didn't know he was the one when you gave him the first reply. Dude has been sad since Jonathan's loss and has sworn over his dead body to see any propriety in whatever the govt does. All his comments and opinion of every action taken by the admin is purely based on his raw hatred for the person of Buhari. Dude can certainly never be helped.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by grandstar(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
koboko69:
Today, u wake up 4am in the morning, have your bath, prepare the kids, spend hours in the traffic, get to work, settle down, only for u to log on, and see your password have been disabled. You have been sacked!!!! And every one seems comfortable with this development. At the end of the year, they declare mind blowing profits.
They employ as a contract staff, pay you as a contract staff, you work as a full staff,make money for them as a full staff, then when they are done using u, they sack u as a slave staff.

If you are one of those who insulted Ngige, a big Shame on you!

If licenses are withdrawn, doesn't necessarily mean mass sack...ask me how?

As much as I would like to condemn the banks, I will desist from doing so.

The banks are in a super competitive environment and have to be suoer conscious of cost.

The best way to curb the excesses of banks is tgo have a booming economy where lots of jobs are being created.

For example, if the country was growing by 8-9% per year, the economy will be creating more jobs than those entering the labor market yearly. If this goes on for a number of years, it will mop up the excess pool of unemployeds and underemployeds leading to a tight labor market.

Workers will be priced and wage growth will be high. This has occured in China and many Southeast asia countries.

If you want bank workers to be treated the way you want, there will be massive redundancies and there will be no outlet to absorb them.

1 Like

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by grandstar(m): 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
thesicilian:
It is very sad that in Nigeria, the employee is forever at the mercy of his or her boss. The boss makes unexplained deductions from your salary, keeps you at work beyond official working hours, delays your salary for as much as 2 to 3months without even feeling the need to notify you before hand. But if you even as much as complain or raise up the issue before him, you're either ordered back to your office (if you're even lucky to have one) with the threat of a sack, or sacked outrightly. This has got to stop.

It's an employers market.

As long as there is a massive pool of umemploed and underemployed in the job marketplace, such treatments will continue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Security Resuced Buba Marwa From Angry Mob At APC Presidential Rally / Soldiers Kill 27 Boko Haram Terrorists, Recover Arms & Ammunition (Photos) / Abba Gida-gida Vows To Reopen ‘murder Case’ Against Doguwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.