Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! (30164 Views)

FG Has Created 8m Blue Collar Jobs - Ngige, Minister Of Labour / Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos / Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
omenka:
Thought you didn't know he was the one when you gave him the first reply. Dude has been sad since Jonathan's loss and has sworn over his dead body to see any propriety in whatever the govt does. All his comments and opinion of every action taken by the admin is purely based on his raw hatred for the person of Buhari. Dude can certainly never be helped.

Lol e don tey i know am na. I first responded to him before cos he eas sounding a bit reasonable at first. I knew he was going to definitely derail the more. Asides Jonathan Loss, he has nor overcome being fired as a mod. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Beremx(f): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
It's high time a serious Minister like Ngige fought for the employed. He should extend his threats to Indian, Lebanese and Chinese business owners who treat Nigerians as slaves in their own country.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
grandstar:

As much as I would like to condemn the banks, I will desist from doing so.

The banks are in a super competitive environment and have to be suoer conscious of cost.

The best way to curb the excesses of banks is tgo have a booming economy where lots of jobs are being created.

For example, if the country was growing by 8-9% per year, the economy will be creating more jobs than those entering the labor market yearly. If this goes on for a number of years, it will mop up the excess pool of unemployeds and underemployeds leading to a tight labor market.

Workers will be priced and wage growth will be high. This has occured in China and many Southeast asia countries.

If you want bank workers to be treated the way you want, there will be massive redundancies and there will be no outlet to absorb them.

Oh, are u talking about the same banks that were bailed out by government with about 600bn Naira just a few years back? Now they can't be patriotic and do things the right way. Do you know how the executives of this bank share money and how much they collectper anum. The issue is not about sacking, its about following due process in doing so. The executives can as well apply austerity measures to themselves first. Off course they wont, for their selfishness and self centeredness. They will rather push it to sacking of innocent staffs.

4 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by forgiveness: 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
989900:

This already summarized everything.

BTW, the governments spent billions bailing out same banks some years ago which they are yet to repay.

Government monies have been largely funding the banks for years -- you can call the government, 'shareholders'.

The government has turned a blind eye to all their fraudulent activities for years.

The government is asking them to exercise patience for things to turn around, or compensate the employees adequately as stipulated by the law, if they will be fired; not just use and dump them.

But everything these days has to take a political/sentimental turn.

In case of South Korea, you must pay 3 or 6 months salaries after sacking the employee.

What is the case with Nigerian labour law? Do they pay for 3 or 4 months after sacking?
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by abubkhr: 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
THE CABALS VS THE COMMONERS (ZORRO'S 7TH EDITION) 01/06/2016.

The Cabals: I read many years back from the book "Animal Farm" that, "all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others". Zorro has been seen and perceived as so many things to different people and groups based on religion, tribalism and political sentiments. I am not surprised because Tribalism and Religion have always showed we are NOT one in Nigeria, but we only pretend to be ONE Nigeria because of crude oil.

Our leaders and elders have always used This to further separate us through their actions and utterances. Today we have a country where the Rich keeps getting Richer and the poor keeps getting poorer. This trend has multiplied in this present regime because of the ridiculous policies that might end up causing disorder and stagnation in the country. One may ask, Zorro how?

(A) Double Standards: With the present rate of the dollar further plummeting the economy; where we have the official rate of $1 to N197(CABAL) and another $1 to N340(COMMONERS).
These cabals are in the oil industry, agriculture and manufacturing industry which is chaired by Dang... What this means is that before the cabal headed by Dangote even takes a step to invest he has already made a whooping profit. Example: If he wants a $100,000,000 in a week and buys it at CABAL Price(N197) to a dollar, while other people are buying at N340, Dangote would have made a profit of N14,300,000,000(14.3 Billion naira) in one week and in a month 57.2Billion naira without making any international transaction. In this way those that don't belong to this cabal will be unable to compete with him; in other words his business and other members of the cabal(friends of the Government and CBN) is promoted by the government and competitors on the other hand are given a soccer punch. This is what Zorro has been saying that we should all have equal platform to do business and the competition will only make the country better. One might ask why is this so? Simple, the government benefits and in most cases are partners to the cabals' companies and this will give them more profit as partners in their business.

I put it to Nigerians that the richest man in Africa is the richest because looted public funds by politicians are laundered through Him, since it is the safest way not to be seen as a corrupt politician. This is why David Cameron said Nigeria is a fantastically corrupt nation. ZORRO says "yes" he is right because on a daily basis commoners are the ones to bare the grunt. The supposed voice of the people NLC have become a dog that cannot bark because their selfish desires have been bought over by the same Cabal and elements in this government.

(B) Within this cabal in the country we also have different levels, differentiated by their region or tribe. Today Innoson motors(a car maker) a rising brand who needs the same sort of encouragement from the government given to people like Dangote is rather battling with agencies of Nigerian government in court who wants him out of business because He does not belong to THE CABAL and is an Easterner. A question I ask myself is, must the development only come from a certain group of people, based on tribe, religion or past leaders? Zorro says No to this. This same thing played out with the government trying its best to exonerate Dangote cement and remove Ibeto cement from business. This same thing happened again with indomie; a pasta that has made so much name was almost removed from business because Dangote started his own pasta production. Just as I wrote in my last edition, today tomato is scarce and the price inflated mainly because a new tomato paste is about to be introduced into the market by a Cabal. The painful thing is heads of MEDIA houses who are now partners with the government, now ''cover up" with lies that the increase in the price of this commodity is due to Tomato Ebola(insects); I don't blame them since they now have meetings with President Buhari at Aso rock every six months, and are told to only report what will portray the government in a good light and not Facts. Well Zorro is wiser and will make Commoners wiser as well. Zorro puts it to you that we only have tomato Ebola now because a cabal is about to invest massively into tomato paste. One day the sins of this cabal made up of old military leaders, former heads of state and owners of oil blocks in the Niger Delta will be made open. The oil bloc owners make a chunk of money off the oil wells and leave crumbs(13%) for the common man as proceeds in that community. Yet, they expect Commoners to keep quiet and remain foolish.

INTEL, NEPA and other bodies are owned by the same Cabal who have drained this country dry for ages to the detriment of commoners; hence the removal of subsidy to put more moneys in the hand of thieves; hence the increment of electricity tariff, hence the increment in price of commodities; hence the monopoly of our natural resources by the same cabals. Today Zorro throws a challenge to the cabal on behalf of commoners in this manner
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Einl(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
koboko69:
Today, u wake up 4am in the morning, have your bath, prepare the kids, spend hours in the traffic, get to work, settle down, only for u to log on, and see your password have been disabled. You have been sacked!!!! And every one seems comfortable with this development. At the end of the year, they declare mind blowing profits.
They employ as a contract staff, pay you as a contract staff, you work as a full staff,make money for them as a full staff, then when they are done using u, they sack u as a slave staff.

If you are one of those who insulted Ngige, a big Shame on you!

If licenses are withdrawn, doesn't necessarily mean mass sack...ask me how?

Bros you get sense....remain blessed... you sound like an ex bank worker...

2 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
Einl:

Bros you get sense....remain blessed... you sound like an ex bank worker...

Lol. No way o. I am not even in the private sector.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
iswallker:
na you wan enforce all these rules wey you dey bold for here bah...

if you are made redundant...nor go find another work or better still start your own business.. sad

dey there dey quote law... grin

From your comment, it is easy to deduce that you can never champion a cause. No leader instinct, no zeal or push.

From your word, You are not Bold, So you can't stand for nothing, you can't hold your own.

You are just a directionlesss individual.

I deduced all this from your comment that was purely insensible and devoid of complete reasoning. Sorry sad

4 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by 989900: 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
forgiveness:

In case of South Korea, you must pay 3 or 6 months salaries after sacking the employee.

What is the case with Nigerian labour law? Do they pay for 3 or 4 months after sacking?

I'm not sure what the law states in 9ja oh . . . but it wouldn't be use and dump as practiced.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by oloriooko(m): 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
My question is very simple: how will withdrawing their licenses help the labour narket? A bank planning to lay off 200 workers and retain 500 will eventually end up laying off 700 workers if its license is withdrawn

The Minister was too naive and impatient to play the license withdrawing card while the avenue of dialogue had not been explored. Thank God some sense was pumped into his head to forestall the planned mass sack.

On the other hand, disobeying the rule of law is common with the FG so banks following suit is not new.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by chimauga(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
Mugus
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by forgiveness: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
989900:

I'm not sure what the law states in 9ja oh . . . but it wouldn't be use and dump as practiced.

OK thanks
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2016
oloriooko:
My question is very simple: how will withdrawing their licenses help the labour narket? A bank planning to lay off 200 workers and retain 500 will eventually end up laying off 700 workers if its license is withdrawn

The Minister was too naive and impatient to play the license withdrawing card while the avenue of dialogue had not been explored. Thank God some sense was pumped into his head to forestall the planned mass sack.

On the other hand, disobeying the rule of law is common with the FG so banks following suit is not new.

FG has the power to withdraw the licenses, and let the bank be acquired by another investor or natinalise the bank. They were told to halt the spate of sackings and go to the negotiation table. Thatbsame week, a bank laid off so many staffs. Two wrongs don't make a right. Which rule of law as the FG disobeyed as regards this issue if i may ask? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by forgiveness: 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
oloriooko:

So,The lawlessness should continue forever till thy Kingdom come ba?

2 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by grandstar(m): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
koboko69:

Oh, are u talking about the same banks that were bailed out by government with about 600bn Naira just a few years back? Now they can't be patriotic and do things the right way. Do you know how the executives of this bank share money and how much they collectper anum. The issue is not about sacking, its about following due process in doing so. The executives can as well apply austerity measures to themselves first. Off course they wont, for their selfishness and self centeredness. They will rather push it to sacking of innocent staffs.

The mass sackings is because the banks are in dire straits. Expecting them to award fat payoffs though righteousness may only worse their finances which is a big risk to the economy.

Ther blame should be on Buhari who introduced forex controls that brought the economy to this dreadful state.

1 Like

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
wristbangle:

The answer to be bolded as we all know is self centred, selfish, greedy and corrupt set of top ogas sharing the cake alone. Imagine when downsizing and right sizing, they want junior/contract staffs to feel the heat without any of them involved.

They collect 3million and above as monthly salary but people earning meagre 80k-100k will most likely face the brunt more when they are doing massive sacking using economic situation to justify their silly act.
e be like na you be their account officer o...lols.
The average human is self-centred, na God go help us for this country. 'Being employed is considered a luck...
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
the truth is even the constitution kmows if every one were to go by it contents, no one will survive in this country. the ministers themselves are guilty of too many crimes if we are to follow the constitution, banks dont want unionism cos of past experiences, by the way its private biz n the owner sits somewhere n tell the CEO make this amount thats your target and he has to sit with top management to look for ways of achieving this target, some of this guys in suit do sweat when they face the board, if sacking is the only way forward, bro there is nothing we can do, every one should go n look for how to be his or her own boss stop enslaving yourselve working for one bastard that sits at home n earn for billions, i was working for one international company, i watch my supervisor shout at the top of his voice every day at us and i kept on wondering, until the day i attended a board meeting as an uninvited guest, i saw how they finish this guys, i was like what the hell. since that day i began to pity my supervisor, cos our performance was is job, i met with the (AM) one day and challenged him on why they use us like animals. he rebuffed me and i met a more understanding (AM) who explained to me that indians (our employers) work with figures and so we had to deliver by meeting set parameters, #45,000 for 9 hours a day 7am-4pm at times we went home 5 or 6pm until i manned up and went into eatteries. i now earn more than the AMs in the company, i visited the company one day to market my services, i saw some of my collegues hailed them and went straight to the Site heads office where we talked extensively before i told him i was his staff 5 month ago, he could not believe it, he called my supervisor to identify me, which he did, this was one man i could not talk to while i was in the company, even my supervisor will be greeting sir sir sir every time the mugu de pass...

Bro try hard to be on yopur own. thats the way forward now, i have so much time, plan my activities unlike before mondays to saturdays were fully booked by some bullies i call indian hempies.... dont sit there telling the owner of his job how to manage his job or how you want him to pay, employ or sack his workers, by the way if you are not thinking like them you not in thier league and cant understand where the shoe pinches, i dont see my employess telling me how to run my company. but constructive advice is welcomed.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
grandstar:

The mass sackings is because the banks are in dire straits. Expecting them to award fat payoffs though righteousness may only worse their finances which is a big risk to the economy.

Ther blame should be on Buhari who introduced forex controls that brought the economy to this dreadful state.

I have tried to avoid this. But since u brought it on, i will give it to u too. Blame Buhari? Guess we should blame Jonathan too for depleting our foreign reserves. Buhar is not responsible for fall in oil price which is our major source of Fx. Where Jonathan and Yar'Adua made a cosmetic and phantom defense of the Naira with a Whooping $20bn, Buhari has no such money. Sanusi was able to recue the same banks who ran into trouble for practising unhealthy banking like giving loans to friends, business allies relatives and families which were not being serviced becauw we had a robust reserve. Where Jonathan sold oil for average of 100usd per barrel for about 3 years he was not able to save. Note that Yar'Adua was able to raise reserves from 47bn to $63bn in just about a year. The blame game is a really long chain

2 Likes

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by AprokoNaija: 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
adaweezy:
Can I republish your article elsewhere?
Kindly permit me to republish this... Sure, you will get your credit...
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
AprokoNaija:

Lol...Sure u can.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by AprokoNaija: 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=koboko69 post=46527081]Many Nigerians where awakened with a rude shock from the minister of labour and employment threatening to withdraw the licenses of banks who failed to obey the directives of the government on mass sack and come to the negotiation table.

It is a pity that, political differences, tribal and ethno religious hates have really beclouded the sound reasoning of many Nigerians. The honourable minister clearly stated and i qoute

“The federal government gave the licences to the banks to operate and if its directives are not adhered to the licences will be withdrawn if the need arises,” he said.

“We will go a step further if they continue. We know what to do. They need to comply. They need to come to the negotiation table. We halted the spate of sack in the oil industry and we succeeded.

“Even if you are going to lay off, there is a way to declare redundancy, there is a process. Section 20 of the labour act says it. You must call the unions and discuss with them. You don’t just treat them as slaves in their own country and you want us to keep quiet.

Unfortunately the same Nigerians being fought for have been taking a swipe at the honourable minister and the present government for this threats. Hauling all manner of attacks on the present government and the minister. It even degenerated to political party attacks. Was Ngige wrong in his assertions?

Lets take a look section 20 of Nigeria Labour Act.

Did any of the banks follow any of the processes outlined in the Labour Act?

As a matter of fact many Banks have even cowered their sraffs into a position where they are not allowed to form any union or join any union within their establishment. Many Nigerians workers don't even know this is very wrong.

Lets take a look at Section 9 subsection 6 of the Nigeria Labour Act.

Now my question is are private sectors exempted from the Nigeria Labour Act? A big NO, both private and public sectors are bounded by the Law.

Many Nigerian workers don't even know there rights are being trampled upon by their employers. If you go through all the contents of the Labour Act, you will be amazed at how much your rights have been trampled on. Unfortunately it is already a way of life, that even when a minister tries to correct the abnormally, the slavery mentality kicks in, the political differences kicks in, the hypocritical hate kicks in, and the whole process is stalled again.

Enough of hiding under the guise of scaring investors away. Any investor who have good intentions for Nigeria and her citizens, and are not coming to milk/use and enslave Nigerians will not be scared because of threats or sanctions occasioned by laid down laws being flouted. They knew the law before the came to invest. These investors abide by the laws in other countries and come to Nigeria to turnher citizens to slaves in their own country.

NIGERIANS, ENOUGH OF THIS SLAVERY MENTALITY!

Read the full Labour Act here:
http://www.nigeria-law.org/LabourAct.htm

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=AprokoNaija post=46544391][/quote]

Feel free
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
We NIGERIANs should better rise up for our rights, and STOP been Zombies all the time.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bankers dont have a union in Nigeria, the unio died during the 90s.

Banks are sovereign entities, they dont take orders from anyone.

They have the power to hire and fire at will. wink
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Wildrage: 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
The section quoted only stipulates the conditions precedent to laying off staffs for reason of redundancy

It's a well known legal principle that no law can force a worker on an unwilling employer

No where in the quoted section of the labour law is the minister given the power to withdraw a company's licence in a lqbour dispute as was threatened by Ngige

The most the minister can do is to compel the payment of the stipulated severance package and if the company refuses, initiate a process through the labour court or court of arbitration to compel the company to comply with the law or impose the necessary penalty

The minister acted like a law unto himself, with needless arrogance considering the economic situation of the country. His grandstanding did not cause the banks to reverse their actions so what has he achieved with his careless rantings?

The best approach is to dialogue with the banks concerned, reason with them , promise incentives and govt packages that may cushion the weight of the present economic downturn on the banks
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by aariwa(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
koboko69:
Many Nigerians where awakened with a rude shock from the minister of labour and employment threatening to withdraw the licenses of banks who failed to obey the directives of the government on mass sack and come to the negotiation table.

It is a pity that, political differences, tribal and ethno religious hates have really beclouded the sound reasoning of many Nigerians. The honourable minister clearly stated and i qoute

“The federal government gave the licences to the banks to operate and if its directives are not adhered to the licences will be withdrawn if the need arises,” he said.

“We will go a step further if they continue. We know what to do. They need to comply. They need to come to the negotiation table. We halted the spate of sack in the oil industry and we succeeded.

“Even if you are going to lay off, there is a way to declare redundancy, there is a process. Section 20 of the labour act says it. You must call the unions and discuss with them. You don’t just treat them as slaves in their own country and you want us to keep quiet.

Unfortunately the same Nigerians being fought for have been taking a swipe at the honourable minister and the present government for this threats. Hauling all manner of attacks on the present government and the minister. It even degenerated to political party attacks. Was Ngige wrong in his assertions?

Lets take a look section 20 of Nigeria Labour Act.

Did any of the banks follow any of the processes outlined in the Labour Act?

As a matter of fact many Banks have even cowered their sraffs into a position where they are not allowed to form any union or join any union within their establishment. Many Nigerians workers don't even know this is very wrong.

Lets take a look at Section 9 subsection 6 of the Nigeria Labour Act.

Now my question is are private sectors exempted from the Nigeria Labour Act? A big NO, both private and public sectors are bounded by the Law.

Many Nigerian workers don't even know there rights are being trampled upon by their employers. If you go through all the contents of the Labour Act, you will be amazed at how much your rights have been trampled on. Unfortunately it is already a way of life, that even when a minister tries to correct the abnormally, the slavery mentality kicks in, the political differences kicks in, the hypocritical hate kicks in, and the whole process is stalled again.

Enough of hiding under the guise of scaring investors away. Any investor who have good intentions for Nigeria and her citizens, and are not coming to milk/use and enslave Nigerians will not be scared because of threats or sanctions occasioned by laid down laws being flouted. They knew the law before the came to invest. These investors abide by the laws in other countries and come to Nigeria to turnher citizens to slaves in their own country.

NIGERIANS, ENOUGH OF THIS SLAVERY MENTALITY!

Read the full Labour Act here:
http://www.nigeria-law.org/LabourAct.htm

Please Note; This applies to all private sector. I only used the banks as a case study because of the honourable minister's threat to withdraw licenses of defaulting banks.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by otimothy(m): 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
Iko5000:
Yes we have labour laws which surprisingly are very good but has any Nigerian Govt applied the laws to any private company - answer is no
Does Govt apply the labour laws to their government workers to protect them , answer is no too.
So Labour Minister ,charity begins fat home . Apply the laws to the civil service first and then you can tackle the private sector too.[size=13pt][/size]

Please go to the nearest local government in your area and ask when was the last time someone was sacked.
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by grandstar(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
koboko69:

I have tried to avoid this. But since u brought it on, i will give it to u too. Blame Buhari? Guess we should blame Jonathan too for depleting our foreign reserves. Buhar is not responsible for fall in oil price which is our major source of Fx. Where Jonathan and Yar'Adua made a cosmetic and phantom defense of the Naira with a Whooping $20bn, Buhari has no such money. Sanusi was able to recue the same banks who ran into trouble for practising unhealthy banking like giving loans to friends, business allies relatives and families which were not being serviced becauw we had a robust reserve. Where Jonathan sold oil for average of 100usd per barrel for about 3 years he was not able to save. Note that Yar'Adua was able to raise reserves from 47bn to $63bn in just about a year. The blame game is a really long chain

It was Soludo and Sanusi that made a senseless defence of the naira and not Jonathan and YarAdua.

Buhari on the other hand has commandeered the CBN and hence must fully hug the blame. He has obstinately refused to allow the naira to find its true value and has stuck to fixing it at way below it's true value leading to epic scarcity and an unnecessary recession.

Stop being sentimental. Buhari's currency peg has devastated the economy. It's almost as bad as printing money to cover the deficit. This is lamentable economics. This is not a half baked policy but an utterly useless one.

Worse despite blatant signs that these policies were not working within 3 months of their implementation such as Letters of Credit going unhonored, he stuck rigidly to them.

His impeccable integrity does not make him an economic genius . Do not forget that.

1 Like

Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by Maski87: 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
Please Mr minister banking is a business and not a charity
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by koboko69: 9:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
grandstar:

It was Soludo and Sanusi that made a senseless defence of the naira and not Jonathan and YarAdua.

Buhari on the other hand has commandeered the CBN and hence must fully hug the blame. He has obstinately refused to allow the naira to find its true value and has stuck to fixing it at way below it's true value leading to epic scarcity and an unnecessary recession.

Stop being sentimental. Buhari's currency peg has devastated the economy. It's almost as bad as printing money to cover the deficit. This is lamentable economics. This is not a half baked policy but an utterly useless one.

Worse despite blatant signs that these policies were not working within 3 months of their implementation such as Letters of Credit going unhonored, he stuck rigidly to them.

His impeccable integrity does not make him an economic genius . Do not forget that.

This is not being sentimental...will devaluation of Naira provide the needed fx to cover Nigeria import needs?
Re: Ngige's Threat To Banks; See Labour Acts Breached By Banks: Know Your Right!!! by grandstar(m): 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
koboko69:

This is not being sentimental...will devaluation of Naira provide the needed fx to cover Nigeria import needs?

It will lead to a massive increase in forex supplies to meet importers needs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Security Resuced Buba Marwa From Angry Mob At APC Presidential Rally / Which Northern States Do You Think Peter Obi Can Win? / Peter Obi Visits Premium Kidney Hospital In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.