Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra (17227 Views)

Chinwoke Mbadinuju At Alex Ekwueme's Burial In Anambra (Photos) / Treasurer Looters Vs Pickpockets: EFCC Posted This On its Facebook Timeline / Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by ijustdey: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2016
Tony Okafor, Awka

THE burial of Sir Richard Okeke, the father of Anambra State Deputy Governor, Dr. Nkem Okeke, on Friday, was like a carnival for pickpockets.

No fewer than 10 cell phones, several handbags and cash were stolen from guests at the funeral, which took place at Enugu Ukwu, Njikoka Local Government Area of the state.

The Master of Ceremony, Mr. Chido Obidiegwu, disturbed by the ugly trend, continually warned guests to guard their phones and other personal effects as complaints of missing phones had increased.

At the graveside, when the patriarch of the Okeke family was been lowered to his final rest place, a female voice shouted, “My money, my money”.

She pounced on a young man near her and N100,000 was found in the young man’s pocket.
Security agents went for the man; beat him thoroughly before whisking him away.

At the VIP tent, one of those who lost their phones and other valuables, Mrs Roseline Okoye, said she lost N50,000 and a phone.

She said, “I bought that phone just last week and it was a costly phone. I bought it N60,000. They took everything with my handbag. There was N50,000 in that bag. What is all this?

“How can this happened in this high class VIP tent. No poor person was allowed into this tent where I was sitting. How can this happen here? I’m confused”, she lamented.

Pa Richard Okeke died at the age of 88. He was a retired engineer and contractor. His funeral was attended by top class politicians in the country.

Former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme; Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano; his Enugu counterpart, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi; Deputy Senate President, Ike Enweremadu, were among the dignitaries that bade the deceased farewell.

Others at the church service held at Immanuel Anglican Church, Enugwu-Ukwu were former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, and five deputy governors of Delta, Bayelsa, Enugu, Ebonyi, Cross River and Adamawa.

Former Governor of Cross River State, Liyel Imoke; National Assembly members, Anambra State speaker, Hon. Rita Maduagwu; industrialist, Chief Godwin Ezeemo; Senator Uche Ekwunife were also in attendance.

The Dean of Anglican Communion, Archbishop Christian Efobi, led over 100 other clerics, including 12 archbishops to the ceremony.

In his sermon, The Most Rev. Efobi, blamed Christians for the numerous problems bedeviling the country including Boko-Haram, Niger Delta Avengers, among others.

He said Christians were not strong in their prayers to avert some of the problems confronting the country, adding that all hands must be on deck to salvage Nigeria from its current situation.

He said, “Christians need to pray hard for President Buhari to take Nigeria to the Promised Land, all these problems confronting this nation were because we have not prayed hard and this is the time for that.”
Efobi described the late Richard Okeke as a unique person that served God with all his heart.

Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano, in his speech, described the deceased as a great man and implored the children to emulate their father’s legacy.
Deputy Governor, Dr. Nkem Okeke, thanked everybody that had given honour to his father.

He said his father’s death was a celebration of life, noting that his father lived a simple life that should be emulated by all.

He said, “There is nothing sad about this process and my father left a wonderful legacy for the family and for everybody to emulate. Therefore, this is real celebration”

http://www.punchng.com/pickpockets-rattle-guests-anambra-deputy-governor-buries-father/

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 13, 2016
Got to get paid

lv

2 Likes

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by Tonnierichy(m): 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bury them too

1 Like

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by sheedy407(m): 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
its ok
Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by Tonnierichy(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
fenfell:
I'm a scammer
I just want recharge cards
Thief
Comot ur rubbish jor
Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by snadguy007(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
She said, “I bought that phone just last week and it was a costly phone. I bought it N60,000. They took everything with my handbag. There was N50,000 in that bag. What is all this?

“How can this happened in this high class VIP tent. No poor person was allowed into this tent where I was sitting. How can this happen here? I’m confused”, she lamented.
Ordinary 60k phone that you bought, you are forming rich woman.

Smh

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by gabazin080(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
blame buhari's failed government for the increase in crime rate. small thief stealing from big thief party

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by OVI75(m): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
Holy God,D Part Were DWoman WS Sayin "No Poor Person WS Allowed Into D's tent Got Me Lafin."

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by eleko1: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
sad The looted got loot cheesy. grin sad .They got served

1 Like

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by kindworld(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Name checkers whey are though?

1 Like

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by NwaNimo1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
But on a serious note I've never seen such an ignorant comment as the one below - so rich people don't steal abi?

"“How can this happened in this high class VIP tent. No poor person was allowed into this tent where I was sitting. How can this happen here? I’m confused”, she lamented"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst you long throats were eating your chicken with fried rice and drinking those exotic drinks on the table you took your eye of the caterers - grin

You didn't see poor people inside the tent - but the caterers were rich people serving you abi?

The caterers were just taking their tips by force - I suspect! grin

9 Likes

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by swagaholic: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Buhari's harsh economy has forced mant people 2 commit crimes..... failed government
Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by wellmax(m): 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Its that side, not surprised, hiann

2 Likes

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
The Rich sef dey steal...
Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
They went to collect their own share of the national cake cheesy cheesy since they knew dignitaries will be there.
Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by chenbravo(m): 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by Flashh: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
They stole from theirselves.

8 Likes

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by zainabxel(f): 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
lwkm....Igbo boys, na by una sef una dey give una sef bad name, una no need anybody help for that matter, instead of calling people tribalists, you guys should try to discourage yourselves from crime. people don't even trust Igbo people anymore. too bad for your race

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by biddieluvzyaho(f): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
Imagine"no poor person" embarassed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by ronald4lif(m): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
The political class robs the poor everyday so no big deal if they're being heist too.
Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by Peacetemi: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
National cake, shebi na all of us get the cake. Its legal to steal from politicians!! By all means, pls epp yourself to the national cake. wink
Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by lordkhalifa(m): 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
“How can this happened in this high class VIP tent.
No poor person was allowed into this tent where I
was sitting. How can this happen here? I’m
confused”, she lamented.
[s]“How can this happened in this high class VIP tent.
confused”, she lamented.
[/s]“How can this happened in this high class VIP tent.
confused”, she lamented.

This woman deserve a big slap, you tag yourself rich then u complain of ordinary phone of 60k plus 50k u claim u kept in your bag, when are this people stop reasoning from anus

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by yorex2011: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by chiedu7: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
Propaganda from those who hate the igbos.

There is no way that an uninvited person will get near the VIPs.

Not in Nigeria.

A lot of Nigeria is suffering from Igbophobia.

Yet you want them to remain in Nigeria with you, are you not all jokers

1 Like

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by lordkhalifa(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
[s]“How can this happened in this high class VIP tent.
confused”, she lamented.

This woman deserve a big slap, you tag yourself rich then u complain of ordinary phone of 60k plus 50k u claim u kept in your bag, please stop reasoning from anus

1 Like

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by Nikapetrelli(f): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
Na so e dey be for dis kind occasion.U suppose gbado anya if u go there maka fa I ticha gi

1 Like

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by pythonkid(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
snadguy007:
Ordinary 60k phone that you bought, you are forming rich woman.

Smh
how much own you dey use ?

1 Like

Re: Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra by truthspeaks: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nawa oo...Buhari sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate / Governor Umahi Sacks Appointees From Anyim's Ivo LGA / Now Tony Blair To Meet With President Jonathan After Meeting Buhari -vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.