Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,206 members, 7,849,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. (1642 Views)

Saraki’s Loyalists To Rubbish Buhari’s Ministerial List As Rivals Plot His Remov / Fulani Herdsmen Can't Try This Rubbish In The East / Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by BlackRevo: 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2009
This was a clear reference to the Nigerian 419 scam letter please watch this video.

[flash=412,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/x-3uKprF824[/flash]
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2009
Should China sue companies for referring to them as bootleggers?
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ok!!! That ad is hillarious!!!
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by BlackRevo: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
dayokanu:

Should China sue companies for referring to them as bootleggers?

I fully understand your point about the china stuff and it is not my definite opinion that Sony should be sued. But lets look at this way that both scenarios are somehow different.

In the case of Nigeria this is just total bashing and trying to relate the word fraud to the Nigerian 419 letter which to me is not the greatest online fraud. There are many other frauds originating from different part of the world as well. I receive scams everyday as spam (some actually in my box) in my mail box and even the Nigerian 419 letter and i don't fall for it because i am not greedy. How does confusion in the price relate to the Nigerian scam letter?

In the case of china these companies calling them bootleggers have a valid point for doing so because the action of those pirates truly affects the sales revenue of these companies products. It violates the terms of the distribution of those companies products.These same companies is finding it hard to place trade sanctions on china because they know it is not the Chinese government that is responsible for those piracy. The action of those pirates relates to the products of these companies but how do the Nigerian scam letter relate to the play station price or sales?
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by rookie(m): 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
Should China sue companies [/b]for referring to them as bootleggers?
  what companies have [b]publicly referred to China as "bootleggers"? Any evidence supporting this claim?
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by whiteroses(f): 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2009
she iru won lonsoro tongue
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by whiteroses(f): 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Ok!!! That ad is hillarious!!!
whats funny
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by Moyola(f): 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2009
Naa! they bhoyed it!
Has 9ja really got d tym n errfin to sue Sony? undecided
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by BlackRevo: 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
Moyola:

Naa! they bhoyed it!
Has 9ja really got d tym n errfin to sue Sony? undecided

Yeah you are right Nigeria does not have the time but what do you think the Re brand Nigerian project team should do if this comes to their notice?
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by ogogoro: 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2009
PLEASE ENOUGH WITH THE OVER-SENSITIVITY ALREADY!

Did he lie? His exact statement was "You can't believe everything you see on the internet, otherwise I would be a Nigerian millionaire by now". But is it a lie? Is there anyone here who has never received a letter from someone promising them millions, if they send some money somewhere in Nigeria. We all helped to create this monster, so why are we complaining, when it bites back at us. US ALL - NO ONE ELSE - are to blema, and the sooner we realise that, the sooner we will be able to redeem are tarnished image! When we regard money more valuable than human lives, we encourage this. When we exalt known fraudsters, and even commend them on being so "smart", we encourage this. When we envy ministers, and oil looters and leaders who publicly steal funds, while perverting justice, we encourage this. When we try to justify ourselves by saying "Ahn-Ahn, this is only small, how about X who is sitting at Aso Rock, stealing millions. . ." we encourage this. So, dear Nigerians let us not cry when this attictude bites us in the back and we create a name for ourselves as the most dishonest nation on the face of the earth! Even here on Nairaland, there are some people who have set up accounts to defraud others. How many other regional websites have people attempting to defaud their own people in measurable numbers?
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by Moyola(f): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2009
Black_Revo:

Yeah you are right Nigeria does not have the time but what do you think the Re brand Nigerian project team should do if this comes to their notice?

Well, whatever they deem fit, in d exception of suing Sony. Perhaps 9ja wuld get some sort of compensation. . . unlikely tho! undecided

However, considering this:

ogogoro:

Should Sony sue Nigeria $1 for every pirated Sony CD in Nigeria?

Do yu think 9ja has got any grounds for complaints? undecided
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by JamesG: 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2009
At least the minister of information should protest the Ad - and maybe request an apology and retraction. I just don't believe a major corporation like sony can be this careless.
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by BlackRevo: 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2009
ogogoro:

Should Sony sue Nigeria $1 for every pirated Sony CD in Nigeria?

Nigeria is not the company pirating Sony CDs

Moyola:

Well, whatever they deem fit,  in d exception of suing Sony. Perhaps 9ja wuld get some sort of compensation. . . unlikely tho! undecided

However, considering this:

Do yu think 9ja has got any grounds for complaints? undecided

They can ask for a public apology and a stoppage of further airing of that advert as it is derogatory to the name of our dear country.

Who will Microsoft sue for pirating its software's and have they mentioned any country's name in an advert?

JamesG:

At least the minister of information should protest the Ad - and maybe request an apology and retraction. I just don't believe a major corporation like sony can be this careless.

Thanks my brother oooo, this is just careless embarrassment.
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by Moyola(f): 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
Black_Revo:

They can ask for a public apology and a stoppage of further airing of that advert as it is derogatory to the name of our dear country.

This should do!

Black_Revo:

Who will Microsoft sue for pirating its software's and have they mentioned any country's name in an advert?

Well. . .point!
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by davidif: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
ha ha ha ha ha, hillarious. "bernie you can't believe everything you read on the internet, otherwise i'd be a Nigerian millionaire by now." ha ha ha ha ha.

WHAT A CLASSIC COMMERCIAL. ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS he he he grin grin
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by Beaf: 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2009
Sad.

Other countries would have this pulled down with Sony begging for mercy. Not 9ja! A lot of us are more patriotic to Sony.
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2009
davidif:

ha ha ha ha ha, hillarious. "bernie you can't believe everything you read on the internet, otherwise i'd be a Nigerian millionaire by now." ha ha ha ha ha.

WHAT A CLASSIC COMMERCIAL. ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS he he he grin grin

Abi oo!!!! I could not stop laughing watching the whole thing!!!!
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by Jaybee2412(m): 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2009
#11 on: Today at 08:24:45 PM »  

She would find it difficult to protest because she had done a deal of N8billion with Sony to upgrade NTA's SD Cameras into HD. Except if it's not a shady deal. Moreover rebranding is all about you poor folks not to be foul mouthing Nigeria, not for a big corporation like Sony, they can say whatever they like about our country as long as our officials are under their payroll. Sut! angry
You cann't believe that this is coming from a company that is raking billions of dollars from Nigeria. We don't need to sue them we just stop dealing in their products until they apologise and withdraw the ad.
Now we have become the laughing stock in the community of nations, this is just the beginning for a nation that refuses to heal her ills.
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by MrCrackles(m): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2009
Nice commercial. . . grin cheesy grin
Nigeria and Nigerians i double dare ya all to sue!! grin
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by whiteroses(f): 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2009
people its not funny these people look down on us till they dare humiliate a whole nation for a 3 second commercial, do they dare mention brasil or portugal and you lot are laughing your soggy asses of just because they gave you a shout out tut tut naija!
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2009
whiteroses:

people its not funny these people look down on us till they dare humiliate a whole nation for a 3 second commercial, do they dare mention brasil or portugal and you lot are laughing your soggy asses of just because they gave you a shout out tut tut naija!

It is funny! And you know what makes it funnier? The fact that some folks actually think this is about the nation. You don’t see countries like Italy suing when references are made of ITALIAN mafia, do you? Neither do you see Russians suing when you hear references made to RUSSIAN mob in both movies and ads? Do you hear Saudi’s and Pakistani’s suing when references to SAUDI terrorists or Pakistani terrorists are made. Why is this suddenly the biggest issue on the planet and humiliation for a whole nation?
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by ogogoro: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2009
Black_Revo:

Nigeria is not the company pirating Sony CDs

But Nigerian companies/individuals are the ones handling criminal goods. Did you not hear that both the one who stole the goods, and the one who sold the goods for him , are guilty?
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by RichyBlacK(m): 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2009
Sue who?

Have we sued the murderers in uniform within our borders? Have we even shown any kind of outrage over the constant looting of our treasury by kleptomaniacs?

Those Nigerians that support all the injustice, thievery, corruption and embezzlement going on in Nigeria and even as much as get offended by this commercial or dare even think of suing anybody, are complete and utter idiots!

Until we start suing the thieving fools among us, inside Nigeria, who enforce wide scale poverty by using public funds as private wealth, we have lost any right to sue anybody outside Nigeria!
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by dayokanu(m): 12:17am On Aug 29, 2009
It is funny! And you know what makes it funnier? The fact that some folks actually think this is about the nation. You don’t see countries like Italy suing when references are made of ITALIAN mafia, do you? Neither do you see Russians suing when you hear references made to RUSSIAN mob in both movies and ads? Do you hear Saudi’s and Pakistani’s suing when references to SAUDI terrorists or Pakistani terrorists are made. Why is this suddenly the biggest issue on the planet and humiliation for a whole nation?

Exactly my point in the earlier post. does China sue when they refer to them as bootleggers?

We should actually sue them if they had referred to us as a prograssive country
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by Horus(m): 12:59am On Aug 29, 2009
Beaf:

Sad.

Other countries would have this pulled down with Sony begging for mercy. Not 9ja! A lot of us are more patriotic to Sony.

I agree, instead people are laughing and take the side of sony.
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by frag(m): 2:22am On Aug 29, 2009
Isn't it true that most Nigerian millionaires are criminals?
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by naijatoday: 2:30am On Aug 29, 2009
becoomrich:

sony should remove and offer apology to nigeria. many nigerian living aboard may suffer heart attack and stroke over this. and emotion problem. I see class action may be coming toward sony very soon. Sony has to pull down the AD, it is not funny. it is stupid. I am not laughing. It is insulting.

grin grin grin
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by 3spade3(m): 11:00am On Aug 29, 2009
I'm more angry at myself for buying that piece of crap gaystation when it was high priced. Stupid sony. No, stupid me.
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by redsun(m): 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2009
FBI is behind this.Funny enough play station is another jesus to average blacks,always afraid of reality and at home with another's imaginations,
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by 3spade3(m): 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2009
redsun:

FBI is behind this.Funny enough play station is another jesus to average blacks,always afraid of reality and at home with another's imaginations,

Have you seen reality? Whew, Freaking crazy, hard to decipher and brutal. I'll play Gran Turismo and live in fantasy land.
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by redsun(m): 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2009
Play on,in a virtual world,it might turn out to be real,who knows?
Re: Should Nigeria Sue Sony Entertainment For This Rubbish. by 3spade3(m): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2009
redsun:

Play on,in a virtual world,it might turn out to be real,who knows?

It'll all stop when I choose to buy games insted of paying my electric bill.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Is The Best President We've Had So Far! / Governor Ikedi Ohakim’s Looting Spree Continues ! / Kidnappers Of Festus Odimegwu's Wife Collected #100 Million Ransome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.