Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. (10426 Views)

Pandemonium In UNN, Federal Govt. Please Intervene! / Nigerian Govt Please Help This Bishop In The Uk / Uk Govt!: Please Extradite James Ibori & David Edevbhie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by PlainTruth: 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2009
Mrs Dora and the co-host saying there are trying to rebrand Nigeria for good and are not watching the international media and companies killing the Nigeria state. Just like the new PS3 slim Ad quoting its new price splash to be believed by customers and not Nigerians. Federal govt should have that Advert stopped or file a multi-billion dollar suit against Sony Entertainment then it would be a lesson for others that the country Nigeria or its citizens should not be taken for granted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1xTcQwu-8
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2009
Yes ooo!!! Federal government, you can continue to sit back, steal billions from us yearly, and continue to spit on our existence on a daily basis, just go after SONY, that is all we want from you.  grin
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by chic2pimp(m): 1:01am On Sep 04, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Yes ooo!!! Federal government, you can continue to sit back, steal billions from us yearly, and continue to spit on our existence on a daily basis, just go after SONY, that is all we want from you. grin
grin grin grin GBAM Na the truth u talk dia sha.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by kosovo(m): 6:36am On Sep 04, 2009
Insert Quote
Mrs Dora and the co-host saying there are trying to rebrand Nigeria for good and are not watching the international media and companies killing the Nigeria state. Just like the new PS3 slim Ad quoting its new price splash to be believed by customers and not Nigerians. Federal govt should have that Advert stopped or file a multi-billion dollar suit against Sony Entertainment then it would be a lesson for others that the country Nigeria or its citizens should not be taken for granted. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1xTcQwu-8
NOISE, 
   Not that the world largest consumer electronic GIANT,  LIED
     what actually is nigeria?
      stop the bullshit and support SONY.
   a country that has over 80 million youth underemployed, confirmed by the minster of youth and human development, what else do you expect,
     FIRST IT was PRESIDENT OBAMA,
     NEXT it was HIILLARY CLINTON
     NOW ,  IT'S THE WORLD LARGEST CONSUMER ELECTRONIC GIANT,
     who would be next?,  lol
           you guys are the one just ranting like tuds, even if NIGERIA sues SONY, I BELEIVE SONY WOULD WIN, cos they have good lawyers to defend their cases, what does Nigeria has?. scamming bastards,  political officaials forging certificate., do or die affair, exam malpratcise, ( waec delist over 150 schools from writin waec exms in EDO-STATE), Sony gets it bulk of piration form Nigeria, so u think sony cares if they loose THE Nigeria markets?  THINK AGAIN!
    like no other; SONY
    nigeria = DISASTER.

Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by blackspade(m): 7:01am On Sep 04, 2009
grin grin grin
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by kosovo(m): 7:34am On Sep 04, 2009
  for those who have slow bandwidth, here is the scripted version of the add.

BERNIE BUNCALAN
        (Rumor monger)
sitting on a chair in front of a sony viao laptop,
   Dear playstation, i got a tip, you are making PS3 299, confirm or denny?

Kelvin Butler,
    (Director of Rumor confirmation)
  comes out  apparently from Sony headquaters

Bernie, you cant beleive everything you read on the internet, otherwise i will be a Nigeria millionaire by now. 299 for the sweetest gaming bluray playing movie downloading system in the world would be fanstastic,  sighs. no comment.

BERNIE BUNCALAN
    (Rumor monger, )
        But all that stuff is 299?

Kelvin Butler,
          huh?

BERNIE BUNCALAN
       (Rumor monger, )
   Right behind you?

Kelvin Butler,
  m sorry u said sumthing?

At the end of the add,
it shows the new ps3 slogan
    IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING
PS3 NOW $299,
        what a brilliant way to diss a coutry where they get bulk of their piration and less revenue from!
             NIGERIA NOW SITS AT NO.5 IN THE WORLD CYBER-TERRORIST COUNTRY RANKINGS. good to hear? huh? yea, very soon we would occupy NO.1 SPOT. SWEET!

GOOD PEOPLE?, great nation
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by back2back(f): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2009
NON-Governmental organisation should sue SONY to explain that advert.

It is criminal profiling Nigeria!
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by joshO: 10:13am On Sep 04, 2009
Good managers take criticism like this as a call to action - to bring about change.

Let's not waste our energy trying to change outsiders. It's US that need to change.

1) Weak Leadership
2) Curupt, thieving leaders can only produce thieving masses.

The stats are there for all to see, no point me repeating them.

Change is long over-due in our country.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by jazzsoul: 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2009
A corrupt and inept Nigerian Federal government has no moral authority to take Sony to task for speaking the truth about Nigerians. There are posts on this forum all day defending scammers in both Nigerian government and public life, but we suddenly develop a moral outrage when foreigners point out just how bad and deep rooted crime has become in the Nigerian culture.

Charity should begin at home. Let us start by showing our righteous indignation at the corrupt government and private institutions that have turned Nigeria into the land of misery.

Remember it is not libel or defamation if it is the truth.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by GoldCircle: 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2009
I just watched d s**t on youtube! but really, would you blame SONY?? We are always in the Media for the very wrong reasons!

as if we care. . . when more than half of her 200 million citizens go to bed hungry daily!
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by manickal(m): 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2009
i'm going to flush my PSP down the toilet right away angry

grin
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by soloqy: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2009
manickal:

grin

You are on your own o , bros grin
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by Hesperus(m): 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2009
wow. . .that was a hit way below the belt.

But to be honest, can we blame them? We should blame ourselves for the negative image of naija we keep portraying to the world! Everytime I check my inbox, I always find one scam email from naija yahoo boys. Obviously, others get these emails, and this further taints our reputation.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by soloqy: 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2009
for those who have slow bandwidth, here is the scripted version of the add.

BERNIE BUNCALAN
       (Rumor monger)
sitting on a chair in front of a sony viao laptop,
  Dear playstation, i got a tip, you are making PS3 299, confirm or denny?

Kelvin Butler,
 comes out  apparently from Sony headquaters

Bernie, you cant beleive everything you read on the internet, otherwise i will be a Nigeria millionaire by now. 299 for the sweetest gaming bluray playing movie downloading system in the world would be fanstastic,  sighs. no comment.

BERNIE BUNCALAN
   (Rumor monger, )
       But all that stuff is 299?

Kelvin Butler,
         huh?

BERNIE BUNCALAN
      (Rumor monger, )
  Right behind you?

Kelvin Butler,
 m sorry u said sumthing?

At the end of the add,
it shows the new ps3 slogan
   IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING
PS3 NOW $299,

I am looking at this advert and am wondering(again).

These people get millions of mails from "Billionaires/Millionaires" in Nigeria offering them a chance to get rich quick.

Its the talk of the world and its going to remain the same for a very long time to come.

One even has to spend valuable time deleting 419 letters from my own fellow Nigerians trying to scam the hell out of me.

That line in the advert as trascribed above *Bernie, you cant beleive everything you read on the internet, otherwise i will be a Nigeria millionaire by now* , would make sense to any internet, technology or gadget user abroad cause they would have recieved one of those letters from Nigeria.

Its sad it had to be us ( yet again) .But the people outside(the world) are not the problem but the people inside.

Am sure some people will jump in (yet again) to rain abuses but its time to think critically. The raving and ranting will not solve or stop this.

Its an internal surgery that is needed. I will say it again, there are posts in this Nairaland where some people where glorifying 419 and excusing the people involved in it. That alone would make any individual or Nation stereotype us.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by ziga: 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2009
Nigerians are the biggest problem of Nigeria. Inferiority complex has bitten real deep into their genes.

Have you ever seen any tv commercial in America where they generalize or talk shit that black americans are jobless and are criminals. To generalize in any context is WRONG!

To all those talking shit - you better wake up.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by jazzsoul: 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
manickal:

Sorry to burst your bubble. My wife just bought the new Sony Playstation 3 Slim for our boys today.

Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by Hesperus(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2009
ziga:

Nigerians are the biggest problem of Nigeria. Inferiority complex has bitten real deep into their genes.

Have you ever seen any tv commercial in America where they generalize or talk shit that black americans are jobless and are criminals. To generalize in any context is WRONG!

This isnt a matter of talking shit or inferiority complex, this is reality! The bad image we have was generated by us, and it is up to us to fix it. QED.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by chosen04(f): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2009
kosovo:

NOISE,  
  Not that the world largest consumer electronic GIANT,  LIED
  a country that has over 80 million youth underemployed, confirmed by the minster of youth and human development, what else do you expect,
    NOW ,  IT'S THE WORLD LARGEST CONSUMER ELECTRONIC GIANT,
    who would be next?,  lol
          you guys are the one just ranting like tuds, even if NIGERIA sues SONY, I BELEIVE SONY WOULD WIN, cos they have good lawyers to defend their cases, what does Nigeria has?. scamming bastards,  political officaials forging certificate., do or die affair, exam malpratcise, ( waec delist over 150 schools from writin waec exms in EDO-STATE), Sony gets it bulk of piration form Nigeria, so u think sony cares if they loose THE Nigeria markets?  THINK AGAIN!
   like no other; SONY
   nigeria = DISASTER.

CAN SOMEONE ASK KOSOVO WHAT HE IS TRYING TO SAY?? IS he saying that the AD is in order? will SONY be happy if another company shld air an AD showing in a similar mess?

No be they fault na our leaders cause. Every country and companies now makes mockery of nIGERIA.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by naijaking1: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
Sue Sony? Who would loose? In the court, it would be very easy to discover that most of the fraudulent emails come from Nigeria. Do you really want to sue, when there's millions of documented evidence out there against you?
Be real.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2009
Funny advert thou,

But SONY got it wrong there,

That's shit embarassed
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by GeorgeD1(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2009
i checked that advert but didn't see what you're talking about
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2009
for the first time in my life i really felt ashamed of being a Nigeria. Am so ashamed that am moved to tears. The painful aspect is we have ourselves to blame for keeping quiet while few greedy men are taking us for a fools ride. the so called leaders knows we are all cowards that's why they keep doing what they are doing.  sad

Sony advert is just the beginning, we will soon begin to see Nigeria as the new replacement word  for corruption, kidnapping, armed robbery, scamming, rape, police brutality, extra judicial killings, human rite abuse and various other vices unheard of in other parts of the world. give PDP government another 4 years and we will all begin to change nationality but the bad news is no nation will like to accept us so we will all ended being Nigerians and a shame to humanity.

God Save Nigeria!
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by beewhyfocs(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2009
kosovo:

NOISE, 
   Not that the world largest consumer electronic GIANT,  LIED
     NOW ,  IT'S THE WORLD LARGEST CONSUMER ELECTRONIC GIANT,
     who would be next?,  lol
           you guys are the one just ranting like tuds, even if NIGERIA sues SONY, I BELEIVE SONY WOULD WIN, cos they have good lawyers to defend their cases, what does Nigeria has?. scamming bastards,  political officaials forging certificate., do or die affair, exam [b]malpratcise
, ( waec delist over 150 schools from writin waec exms in EDO-STATE), Sony gets it bulk of piration form Nigeria, so u think sony cares if they loose THE Nigeria markets?  THINK AGAIN!
    like no other; SONY
    nigeria = DISASTER.
      [/b]

Where are u actually from?
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by Signorina: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2009
I LOVE THIS COUNTRY SO MUCH! I DON'T EVER REGRET BEING A NIGERIAN. GOD WILL RAISE GOOD LEADERS FOR US VERY SOON. IT DEPENDS ON YOU AND I. PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR THE NEXT REGIME,
SO MANY THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN, SO SO TERRIBLE BUT IN THE END IT WILL TURN OUT FOR GOOD.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by stanloski(m): 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2009
I just saw the ad and man said:", if everybody believed what they read on the internet I would be a Nigerian Millionaire by now, " Thats really below the belt! But just shows how "well" our rep in the scam biz has been established. Yeah protest from the govt but sue? hmmm wld just be a publicity stunt. Besides what if FG sues and wins a large cash settlement, a scandal will blow up from there! d moni go grow wings! Ah na wa for naija o! I tire, I just tire.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by jazzsoul: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2009
Signorina:

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY SO MUCH! I DON'T EVER REGRET BEING A NIGERIAN. GOD WILL RAISE GOOD LEADERS FOR US VERY SOON. IT DEPENDS ON YOU AND I. PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR THE NEXT REGIME,
SO MANY THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN, SO SO TERRIBLE BUT IN THE END IT WILL TURN OUT FOR GOOD.

It is not necessary to shout in your post by writing in upper case letters. Nigerians keep waiting for God and a divine intervention to turn the country around while the thieves empty the treasury.

Remember that Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by rasputinn(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2009
ziga:

SPOT-ON
Whatever the problem with Nigeria (which every country has its fair sahe of) it's wrong and irresponsible for a multinational organisation to do a criminal profiling of Nigerians,this is a huge fallacy of hasty generalisation.If our organs of government were alive to their resposibilities,SONY would most def have been made to pay dearly for this crime affront
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by mystikal(m): 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2009
we just assumed because of "our reputation". Listen carefuly at what was said. the man clearly said ". . . . you cant believe everything you read on the internet, otherwise I'd be a Nigerian millionaire by now. This statement absolutely says/implies nothing about Nigerians being scammers because he could have got the false information from anywhere. But amazingly, we all knew what he meant.  grin grin
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by babanassy: 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
that is bad , but what we do?
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by dipo2much(m): 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2009
Nothing. We do nothing. Sue SONY for what? Are they lying?
Re: Federal Govt Please Stop Sony Entertainment. by remoranger(m): 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
@ all those NIGERIANS supporting the advert,

SHAME ON YOU ALL. YOU ARE A DISGRACE,

that someone claims to be christ does not mean he autmatically deserves to be crucified

YEAH. WE KNOW THE COUNTRY IS BAD. BUT THAT DOES NOT GIVE SONY THE FRIGGING RIGHT TO RUN US INTO THE GROUND.

are you a scammer? is your father and grandmother a yahoo boy?

its people like you that sold our bro and sis into slavery. NONSENSE!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan To Commission Steel Plant Thursday! / Osinbajo Meets Chalker Foundation For Africa Today / FG Rules Out Online Application For Poor, Most Vulnerable Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.