Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola (20371 Views)

Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos / Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage / Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Islie: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
Minister of Works, Housing and Power, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, in Kano said he will use tough approach to overcome the lingering power outage affecting the country.

Speaking while launching the mass meter deployment of Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO), Fashola said Nigeria would soon address the problems of power outage.

"We are in tough situation in the power sector, but we will soon see the end of it because we are also tough people. We must work hard to end the problems associated with electricity," he said.

The minister, however, called on the electricity companies to patronise locally made meters.

"I have visited a meter manufacturing company in Lagos recently and the types of meters that I saw there were the same meters our electricity distribution companies are importing. So business wise, it would be good for the country if we can patronise our local goods," he said.

He explained that going by the current fluctuation of foriegn exchange patronising our local goods will boost our economy.

He pointed out that the instalation of the new meters will cost KEDCO N500m, saying the commitment shown by KEDCO would pave way for other distribution coys to also follow suit.

He said while the Abuja electricity distribution company indicated its plan for mass meter deployment, KEDCO has done it practically.

Earlier, the Managing Director of KEDCO, Alhaji Jamilu Gwamna, said the company ordered for 100,000 pieces of pre-paid meters for onward distribution to customers in Kano, Katsina and Jigawa states.

Gwamna explained that so far the company has received 63,000 meters, while the balance would be ready before end of this year.

"Our plan is to make KEDCO the best valuable electricity company in Nigeria by 2030. We want deliver best services to our customers," he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/i-ll-use-tough-approach-to-overcome-power-outage-says-fashola/150909.html

1 Like

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Rose2014: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
Will
Will soon
Set to
To
Very soon
Ready to

grin grin grin grin grin

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
Mr man time is not by your side .......start using this tough approach already

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by comos: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
story for the week.

Fashola said work will begin at Lagos-Ibadan express road last week, at the moment no contractor on site

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Trut(m): 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rose2014:
Will Will soon Set to To Very soon Ready to
grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by TippyTop(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
Honourable Minister of Darkness

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by ozoigbondu: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rose2014:
Will
Will soon
Set to
To
Very soon
Ready to

grin grin grin grin grin

About to
We shall
They will
Soon

Insert any other future tense

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by chukwukadibia10: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
Yes bro!
Use nuclear weapons.
Or you borrow missiles from the militants.

It will power our electric by force.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Rose2014: 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
ozoigbondu:

About to
We shall
They will
Soon

To begin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by greatgod2012(f): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
Promises upon promises!
I pray God gives you the grace to make your promises come to pass.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by hucienda: 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rose2014:
Will
Will soon
Set to
To
Very soon
Ready to

grin grin grin grin grin

Fashola To ...

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by ajebuter(f): 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
Oga, do the work and stop making promises

We are tired of your government's ' WE WLL" and WE SHALL

Do the work , if YOU CAN

And if you cant, I suggest you go and obtain a degree in Rocket Science as you proposed..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Rose2014: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
hucienda:

Fashola To ...

On the way to
Soon to be grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by naijaboy756: 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
No... Use rocket science.. Scammer

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
Fashola The Mouthrunner

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Aromas: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
ozoigbondu:

About to We shall They will Soon
And we Shall Continue grin Our president will grin Sooner or later Nigerians shall enjoy us grin

15 Likes

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by HzRF(m): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
ozoigbondu:

About to We shall They will Soon
By this time
Hopefully by
On.....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Amazing decision cheesy
Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
I see Nigerians making fun of Fashola.

You know what.....it is not Fashola's fault that we do not have light.

It is our fault. (And it is not GEJ or even Buhari's fault too....just in case.).

Nigerians....do not pay their bills, do illegal connection, vandalise electrical equipment anyhow, turn contracts for power into open bazzar for everyone to come and eat, bypass the new E-meters (yes)....and even come and beat up DISCO officials who come to enforce colelction of bills.

Abi.......where do you expect the DISCOS and GENCOS to get money to function.....when you people are cheating them of the money?

If you want light......24/7.....we must pay our bills. So that the DISCOS and GENCOS have enough cash to pay for improvements. Because that is the new music.....privatization....that we have been singing since 2014....long before Fashola came around.....(and which was the right thing to do by the way).

After all...over ten years ago....you Nigerians were paying N5000 and above for SIM card. You complained....but did they not use the money to improve their facilties? And once the improvements took effect....did we not see price reduction.? If you want our power to be 24/7...let us suffer high bills....so that we can have some improvements. We need to get up to 20000mw. We need to improve our transmission facilites. And the Government has hands off power...and banks do not have the money to dash DISCOS. So....it is coming from our pockets.

Sorry Nigerians....perhaps we should have stopped GEJ from doing them DISCO and GENCO thing. But we kept quiet. Even then....where is govt going to find 1billion USD yearly....if not more...to improve things?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by teepsee(f): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
I don't need to read the story there because one thing is sure. Na wash.

If it's a develop country by now as a minister he would have resign since to avoid his image been tarnished but only in Nigeria you see a minster not being able to achieve what he is appointed to do and he will continue to attend functions and there ranting how he will do that n this without doing norin

1 Like

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by angeltolly(f): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Lies undecided Work not Talk embarassed politicians and lies lipsrsealed

17 Likes

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Chimaritoponcho: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
yorobar people sef

8 Likes

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by chiedu7: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2016

5 Likes

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Praktikals(m): 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
We don't care how you do it. Just get the job done!

1 Like

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
Pls just sharrap and do something. Campaigning in the 2nd year of the administration. That's what you get when a relative illiterate superintends over a very sensitive engineering industry.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by MakeWeTalk: 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
[size=14pt]FASHOLA PLEASE[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by gunuvi(m): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
The only thing I do now whenever i hear fashola our minister of darkness talk nowadays is grin grin gringringringringrin

6 Likes

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by xandy84: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
APC had lost the momentum. Little over a year ago, all you see is praise and worship to change agent but now all they got is scorn. Easy to criticize and cast aspersions to people in Government but the reality dawn on them when they realize fixing Naija is no joke. Let the promise continues

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Spanner4(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
Empty promises Just like Empty hen

6 Likes

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by swiperthefox: 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
Mouth action. Get to work already Minster of darkness.

8 Likes

Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by Tonnierichy(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
comos:
story for the week.

Fashola said work will begin at Lagos-Ibadan express road last week, at the moment no contractor on site
Sorry for missing the news yesterday.
They have resumed work
Re: I'll Use Tough Approach To Overcome Power Outage, Says Fashola by SleekAboki: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
The only sophisticated minister that thrice generated zero MW in 9 months.

We miss Barth nnaji.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stanley Lawson Accused Of Laundering Billions For Madueke Working For FG - SSS / I Predicted Nigerians Would Be Victims Of Buhari-apc ‘one-chance’ Bus - Abati / Fact-check On Tinubu’s BBC Interview On State Of The Nation Before APC Took Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.