Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! (1320 Views)

Cattle Colony: We Will Challenge In Court If Need Be. Kogi East Stakeholders / Aisha Buhari To Drag Fayose To Court If He Fails To Retract His Statements / El-rufai Is Nothing But A Coward And An Alcoholic- Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by winningwinner(m): 8:04am On Jun 14, 2016
Reacts to Al Jazeera’s Documentary: I’m dressed as ‘common criminal’ without court convictio!n - Diezani cries out

Immediate-past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, has reacted to a recent documentary by Al Jazeera, in which it was alleged that her piece of property in Abuja worth $18m and her jewelry worth $2m, have been seized by Nigeria’s anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Diezani Alison-Madueke
In a statement on Monday, Diezani decried that the report represents everything ridiculous and despicable about professional media practice and global best practices in the war against corruption, adding that it was the latest attempt to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it.

She said: “My attention has been drawn to a report by Al Jazeera, which was released on Monday as a testament to the effectiveness of Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in its war against corruption.

“In the video report, which has been widely circulated in the social media, there are claims about me owning a property in Abuja allegedly worth $18 million. The report, which represents everything ridiculous and despicable about professional media practice and global best practices in the war against corruption, is the latest attempt to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it.

“Clips of jewelry allegedly worth over $2 million were also copiously displayed as if to feed the cravings of an audience gratified with the notion that every wealthy Nigerian is corrupt.

“This will not be the first time calculated attempts have been made to demonise and damage my reputation in the public space. Many times, my detractors have gotten away with these irresponsible smear campaigns because they have become accustomed to my characteristic approach of silence in the face of these callous attacks.

“The latest in the string of propaganda attacks launched against my person since I left government as Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister is this Al Jazeera report, which without any court conviction anywhere in the world attempts to dress Diezani Alison Madueke in the garb of a common criminal.

“This, to say the least, is the height of journalistic brigandage and a sheer mockery of Nigeria’s anti-corruption war before the eyes of the world who are watching and asking if the war against corruption is a circus show where suspects are prosecuted and sentenced on the pages of newspapers and video blogs without anything as remotely in the semblance of a trial in the courts of law.

“When did it become a crime to own a property in Nigeria? When did it become a crime for a woman of my status to have in her possession, jewelry? Jewelry, which women all across the world, including the woman selling tomatoes in Bodija market have in abundance in their closets? In which court of law, anywhere in the world was I prosecuted by the EFCC and found guilty of corruption?

“With all sense of modesty, I say this only for posterity and for the records. I have strived within my means and the blessings of God to live a decent and accomplished life. I studied architecture in England and obtained a bachelor’s degree from Howard University, United States of America in 1992. When I returned to Nigeria that same year, I joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation.

“In 2002, I obtained an MBA at Cambridge University, United Kingdom. In April 2006, I was appointed by Shell as the company’s first female Executive Director in Nigeria. In July 2007, I was appointed by the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua as Minister of Transport.

“The next year in December 2008 I became Minister of Mines and Steel Development. In April 2010, I was appointed as Minister for Petroleum Resources and served in that capacity till May 2015. During this period as Petroleum Minister, I had the honour of serving Nigeria and representing her in the Organization of Oil Exporting Countries (OPEC) where I was elected first female President.

“All through my career, I have strived to maintain a record of hard work, integrity and excellence, giving my best to society, because my parents raised me in the consciousness that a man or woman’s greatness is defined not by the amount of wealth they have acquired but the impact of their service to God and humanity.

“Coming at such a critical time in my life when I am battling cancer, this poorly executed propaganda bares on its face like tribal marks, a clearly malicious attempt to victimize an innocent woman in what appears an exaggerated plot to validate and give credibility to the anti-corruption crusade under Nigeria’s new regime. People who are battling cancer or those who have lost their loved ones to this medical condition understand what I am going through at this time.

“This is what makes me ponder at the cold-heartedness of those who will go any length to defame and destroy in the name of propaganda. What happened to our shared humanity?,” asked Diezani.

Continuing, she said: “I have absolute regard for the law and believe that people who have breached the laws that govern societies should be made to face the wrath of the law. But in a civilized society, a responsible government owes its citizens absolute commitment to the principles of rule of law, equity, fairness and justice. I have been wrongfully and maliciously maligned and those behind this reckless action know it.

“I leave them to posterity, their conscience and above all the Almighty God who is the final judge of all.”

Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by jahsharon: 8:14am On Jun 14, 2016
The same thing that Olisa Metuselah said, now he and his family members are begging Nigerians that they want to return looted money but EFCC said NO, the case must go on. FFK the gigolo too said the same some months back, today Afenifere is begging for him. My dear frog-eyed Diezani, please come back to Nigeria and prove to Nigerians that you are not daughter to several fathers, prove to us that your are not a bastard, come back to Nigeria and prove Zombies like me wrong.

You were very beautiful and strong when were looting our treasury, now that your ineffectual buffoon sugar daddy lost election, you now have Cancer. Babalawos in Osogbo and Dibias in Abia treat Cancer like ordinary malaria, come home and be treated, then pay EFCC a familiarization visit and see if you will see sunlight for a very very long time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by kinggozzy(m): 8:17am On Jun 14, 2016
I lik ur courage
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by dexpee4life(m): 8:23am On Jun 14, 2016
story For The gods

1 Like

Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by hopeforcharles(m): 8:23am On Jun 14, 2016
Direct hit
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by KINGwax007(m): 8:38am On Jun 14, 2016
Dnt worry, we knw u to be chest beaters..

Ojukwu
Asari
Tomopolo
Olisa metuh
Alamesiya
Orubebe
And so on..

They all shout and fled, recant, retract or cry!
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by ckmayoca: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2016
No come to naija abeg oh. Dey will do u like dansuki oh lock up wit no trial.
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by IRserveMyComent(f): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2016
Me i believe anyone who ate our money under any guise should be brought to book. But it is very ridiculous for us to hear news where someone has been tried and sentenced in the pages of news paper without appearing in court.... This is only tantamount to defamation of character.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by winningwinner(m): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
jahsharon:
The same thing that Olisa Metuselah said, now he and his family members are begging Nigerians that they want to return looted money but EFCC said NO, the case must go on. FFK the gigolo too said the same some months back, today Afenifere is begging for him. My dear frog-eyed Diezani, please come back to Nigeria and prove to Nigerians that you are not daughter to several fathers, prove to us that your are not a bastard, come back to Nigeria and prove Zombies like me wrong.

You were very beautiful and strong when were looting our treasury, now that your ineffectual buffoon sugar daddy lost election, you now have Cancer. Babalawos in Osogbo and Dibias in Abia treat Cancer like ordinary malaria, come home and be treated, then pay EFCC a familiarization visit and see if you will see sunlight for a very very long time.

Wrong notion! The people you mentioned were incacerated and denied medical treatments. Metu's case was clear. The family members told the government that if N400,000,000 that Metu is being accused of is what they think will make him jump bail, then they are ready to give it to the govt and allow their son to go for his treatment abroad.
Your likes are those who delight in unnecessary vengeance. Moreover, you cannot eat your cake and have it. I am against unfair trial. Same thing FFK and his people are fighting against. Always try to be fair in your dealings, this is democracy, not military rule, especially when it concerns your perceived enemies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by winningwinner(m): 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
KINGwax007:
Dnt worry, we knw u to be chest beaters..

Ojukwu
Asari
Tomopolo
Olisa metuh
Alamesiya
Orubebe
And so on..

They all shout and fled, recant, retract or cry!

Is that a threat?
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by winningwinner(m): 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
Me i believe anyone who ate our money under any guise should be brought to book. But it is very ridiculous for us to hear news where someone has been tried and sentenced in the pages of news paper without appearing in court.... This is only tantamount to defamation of character.

You nailed it!
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by Rossikk(m): 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
winningwinner:

Wrong notion! The people you mentioned were incacerated and denied medical treatments. Metu's case was clear. The family members told the government that if N400,000,000 that Metu is being accused of is what they think will make him jump bail, then they are ready to give it to the govt and allow their son to go for his treatment abroad.
Your likes are those who delight in unnecessary vengeance. Moreover, you cannot eat your cake and have it. I am against unfair trial. Same thing FFK and his people are fighting against. Always try to be fair in your dealings, this is democracy, not military rule, especially when it concerns your perceived enemies.

What's with PDP leaders all seeking treatment abroad when they were in power for over 16 years here, and could have transformed the health sector? Constantly seeking treatment abroad is a sad indictment of their reign by they themselves. Very shameful.
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by winningwinner(m): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Rossikk:

What's with PDP leaders all getting treatment abroad when they were in power for over 16 years here? It's a sad indictment of their reign by they themselves.

The APC government has every power to change the situation even in six months! But the trends continue. Starting from the president who admitted visiting UK for treatment even in his youth. How many years did the military rule Nigeria?
Almost all the ministers in this government are abroad for treatment of one ailment or the other. Minister of Women Affairs is in US for a surgery. Minister of Education and so on, after a huge budget for Aso Rock Clinic.
Talking about PDP, who are those in APC? Did you forget how PDP people were decamping to APC? FORGET PARTY POLITICS AND FACE REALITY..... THINGS ARE REALLY HARD IN NIGERIA NOW!!!!!!
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by phemmyutd(m): 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
winningwinner:

The APC government has every power to change the situation even in six months! But the trends continue. Starting from the president who admitted visiting UK for treatment even in his youth. How many years did the military rule Nigeria?
Almost all the ministers in this government are abroad for treatment of one ailment or the other. Minister of Women Affairs is in US for a surgery. Minister of Education and so on, after a huge budget for Aso Rock Clinic.
Talking about PDP, who are those in APC? Did you forget how PDP people were decamping to APC? FORGET PARTY POLITICS AND FACE REALITY..... THINGS ARE REALLY HARD IN NIGERIA NOW!!!!!!

If I get you right you said APC has the opportunity to turn our hospitals around in Six month? After your PDP messed the system up for 16years??

Please where are you from?
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by ugia(f): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
Na God go punish u Diezani and your entire generation. You and your useless ogogoro drinking brother plunge us for this gbege . You still dey open your rotten mouth dey spill hogwash. Come your father land if dem born you well. Nonsense Oloju opolo.
Re: Diezani To FG: Don't Be A Coward, Take Me To Court If You Have Facts! by winningwinner(m): 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
phemmyutd:

If I get you right you said APC has the opportunity to turn our hospitals around in Six month? After your PDP messed the system up for 16years??

Please where are you from?

Get my message correctly.... Who are the "YOUR PDP" people? Are you sure you read what I typed or you wanted to score cheap political point? Be wise!!!!

(1) (Reply)

ABIA:Exposed!Fresh Plan To Assassinate Uche Ogah Before Swearing In Uncovered!!! / President Buhari Sharpens Focus On Niger Delta / Governor Samuel Ortom Rides Keke Napep Made By A Benue State Indigene. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.