Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? (7820 Views)

Learn The Secret To Self-publishing Success On Okadabooks / About To Self-publish My Book, Should I Do An Audiobook? / Lovely Book - "How To Excel At Work". Check it out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Maximus85(m): 9:02am On Jun 14, 2016
Goodday.

I'm Jimmy. I'm a researcher and lover of peace. I've been researching and writing a book with a friend for the past 3 years. And we have a big dream about this marriage and relationship building, fixing and maintainance book. We have a mental picture of how it will come out but we don't really know the steps.

One thing is, we don't want to approach any publisher.

That is why i'm here on the literature section of nairaland for your assistance.

Thanks.
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by lonelydora: 6:49am On Jun 15, 2016
You want us to link you to a good publisher? More ink to your pen.

Please don't mention FTC, it's not a big deal.
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by tdayof(m): 6:49am On Jun 15, 2016
Following. I should gain something from this topic.
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by kindy51(m): 6:49am On Jun 15, 2016
Space booked
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by DICKtator: 6:49am On Jun 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 15, 2016
At least Buhari can do something about black market publishers sef
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 15, 2016
Na for this this buhari regime u want publish book, who get time to buy, wen we neva even chop finish

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by tafrica(m): 6:50am On Jun 15, 2016
Do you mean online publishing?

1 Like

Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by mike4zeal(m): 6:50am On Jun 15, 2016
Thank is interesting, 3years!!! let's hear from those who have the experience
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Jimadey(f): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2016
The poster above me can't help, neither can I. Let's see what the next poster has to say
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Nuella222(f): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2016
I don't know either... undecided
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by ichommy(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2016
DICKtator:
grin grin grin grin

Busted

OP, Contact any Publishing Company.
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Firmjudge(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2016
Go back and research how to publish a book succesfully.

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Iammelvin(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2016
Make i book space
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by comeandmarry: 6:51am On Jun 15, 2016
Niggi do Street,drop those books,hit the Web, making a mil for yourself within a week.

Publishing books for living, you ain't gonna live that life,drive that car,.
Remain broke
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 15, 2016
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by mike4zeal(m): 6:52am On Jun 15, 2016
That is interesting, 3years!!! let's hear from those who have the experience
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Pastis: 6:53am On Jun 15, 2016
Abeg goggle "self publish" and tell us the options and we can discuss the most effective method. Thank you
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by adorablelove: 6:55am On Jun 15, 2016
How can u say u don't need a publisher and u need advise on step to take !!!!advise from who?..........a bus driver or palm wine seller........,I don't go how u will go abt it without their xpert advise !!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by virginboy1(m): 6:56am On Jun 15, 2016
This morpheme "GOOGLE" hardly disappoints try and see sir.

Oga Jarus someone needs your help sir

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Beingunique(f): 6:57am On Jun 15, 2016
I also self published my book last year and I'm also doing a reprint now with the printing press i did my I. T, call me on this number , 070-8443-4073.so i can introduce you to the man. I can send you the image of my book so you csn see what to expect. He is very sincere and he will put you through all the cost implications depending on how many copies you want to do. I reside in ijebu ode ogun state and everything was done here
N. B : i did not do my cover page design with him but he printed it through direct imaging

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by mokaflex(m): 6:58am On Jun 15, 2016
just the same way you started writing the book , that's the same way you go about to publish the book.
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by hakwise(m): 6:58am On Jun 15, 2016
Do u know any graphic designer ...if yes then get them to do the graphic work, after which u do the corrections, then go get your ISBN no at national Lib then do ur Lithography n planning cum plates then get go n buy papers preferably mushin if u reside in lagos then run it on printing g machine...after which u do sorting out .. finally u pin it or do perfect binding depending on what u want...thank me later..

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 15, 2016
I also want to publish a few sample copies of my latest effort. Any tips?
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Jimi23(m): 7:01am On Jun 15, 2016
U can do that on-line on E-bay.
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by Chartey(m): 7:11am On Jun 15, 2016
hakwise:
Do u know any graphic designer ...if yes then get them to do the graphic work, after which u do the corrections, then go get your ISBN no at national Lib then do ur Lithography n planning cum plates then get go n buy papers preferably mushin if u reside in lagos then run it on printing g machine...after which u do sorting out .. finally u pin it or do perfect binding depending on what u want...thank me later..
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by babayega(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2016
Is the book sellable? What's your marketing plan? Don't self-publish and can't sell o!

1 Like

Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by psucc(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2016
So funny to wake up to see such an important post with hilarious comments. NL is a real online comic centre.

OP
having gotten the book proof read, you need to get the ISBN number from the National Library. Previously it was N5k but don't know how much damage change had done to that cost.

With this number you can proceed to printing and finishing. Hoping you know what that means.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by tsamson(m): 7:26am On Jun 15, 2016
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by DLondonboiy: 7:28am On Jun 15, 2016
psucc:
So funny to wake up to see such an important post with hilarious comments. NL is a real online comic centre.

OP
having gotten the book proof read, you need to get the ISBN number from the National Library. Previously it was N5k but don't know how much damage change had done to that cost.

With this number you can proceed to printing and finishing. Hoping you know what that means.
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by mentorandfriend(m): 7:28am On Jun 15, 2016
Keneking:
At least Buhari can do something about black market publishers sef

No monkey meme today?

Well, here is literature section. It's good you're behaving yourself.
grin
Re: Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? by ZUBY77(m): 7:41am On Jun 15, 2016
There are a thousand ways to publish your books online; Amazon, okadabooks etc.
I publish mine on Globlaruns.com and sell whatever i want to sell over there.
My point is that you chose where you want your book to be but trust me, the more places you publish, the more exposure you get.
You can get a blog and publish there too because you may write another and another someday.
If you need help publishing in Okadabooks and Global Runs, i can help you...and hey, don't worry about funds, its free.
And remember you don't have to worry me too much because I will do the cover and the conversion when I have time which can be between 1 week and 1 month.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Interesting Books You Have Read / Capital Dreams / Behind The Glamour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.