Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria (1761 Views)

Get Your Website Design Done For As Low As 20k With Hosting Package / I Have Problem With My Hosting Package?, Please Help Out / I Need Direct Contact Of Whogohost Web Hosting Owner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria by AndresNeymar: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ready to put your business online? Or maybe you just want to register your business name before someone else buys it.

Buying your domain name early is never wrong irrespective of when you intend to launch your business. Even if you intend to start your business a year from now, it’s always advisable to register a domain early.

Another benefit of registering a domain name early is the seo benefits. It’s easier for you to rank for an older domain than it is to rank with newer domains. Google naturally believes that older domains or domains that have been in use prior are more credible because they have been in existence longer than the newer ones.

This is true for us humans also. If you have to choose between an old business and a new business that recently opened across the street, you would naturally want to choose the old business due to that perceive trust that you associate with their existence.

Source: http://lagoswebhosting..com.ng/2016/06/registering-domain-whogohost-nigeria.html

Re: How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria by AndresNeymar: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Whogohost is one of the oldest and biggest Web Hosting companies in Nigeria. They offer web hosting in Nigeria, domain registration and other stellar services which has made them a household name.

If you are a business owner and you want to build a website, Whogohost has a website builder for you and the prices ranges from N60, 000 to N150, 000. There are easier alternatives out there with faster timelines but this is a new feature from Whogohost which makes it less stressful for those customers who don't want to think about starting a website or looking for a developer to help them build a website.
Re: How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria by AndresNeymar: 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
So, how do you put your business online with Whogohost ?

1. Go to the website here --->> Whogohost

You can click on it, it will open another window on your web browser.

2. Search for a domain name first.

It is always advisable to start by searching for your domain name. This way you know if it’s available before you buy a hosting plan and in the case where it is not available, you can easily modify it before purchasing a hosting plan.

What you do here is to write your potential URL here without the "www and .com"

E.g. - technology guru

Once you type it in, you would see a ".ng" to the right.
You can change that if you don't want the website to be www.technologyguru.ng

NB: Our sample domain name is "technology guru"

Source: http://lagoswebhosting..com.ng/2016/06/registering-domain-whogohost-nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria by emmalexdboy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
AndresNeymar:
Ready to put your business online? Or maybe you just want to register your business name before someone else buys it.

Buying your domain name early is never wrong irrespective of when you intend to launch your business. Even if you intend to start your business a year from now, it’s always advisable to register a domain early.

Another benefit of registering a domain name early is the seo benefits. It’s easier for you to rank for an older domain than it is to rank with newer domains. Google naturally believes that older domains or domains that have been in use prior are more credible because they have been in existence longer than the newer ones.

This is true for us humans also. If you have to choose between an old business and a new business that recently opened across the street, you would naturally want to choose the old business due to that perceive trust that you associate with their existence.

why don't you first use the tutorial to buy a domain for yourself before teaching others.
Re: How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria by AndresNeymar: 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
As you can see from the image below, technologyguru.ng is available.

The third image above has a warning message that says "sorry, technologyguru.com is already taken"

What that means is that I can't use the popular .com extension. I will have to use .ng extension.

The major difference between the .com and .ng is that one is country specific while the other one can show up for different countries, so most people usually prefer the .com not the .com.ng or the .ng

So if your business is strictly for Nigeria like , then .com.ng or .ng will be perfect for you. It means Google will give your domain priority for searches coming into the Google.com.ng page. This is very strategic and key.

Re: How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria by AndresNeymar: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
emmalexdboy:
why don't you first use the tutorial to buy a domain for yourself before teaching others.

Thanks for the comment.

I have a domain but its propagating. So I'm still stuck with till it redirects fully.
Re: How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria by AndresNeymar: 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
3. Domain Configuration

Click on Continue if you have found the domain name that suits you. You can also choose to pay for two years up front or more. The longer the years you select, the more discounts you get.

On the domain configuration page, you have to click on "No Hosting! Click to add"

Hosting is where your business will live online. It will power your business and keep your files. See domain as your name while hosting is your house. That is your power source. It has to be on point. You can't afford to go cheap here, the bigger the better especially when you want to run a business online.

The 1GB web space talks about how much data that can be stored for your business. The Bandwidth talks about the amount of traffic that Whogohost can allow to come in and can be downloaded from your site. Once you exceed that amount, you either upgrade or your business will become inaccessible.

I'm selecting the PRO package because I expect to grow within a 2months period. It's a standard plan.

After this, you would be asked to choose the domain you want to associate with the hosting plan.

This setting is for those who might want to register a new domain or maybe you have purchased a domain from someone else in the past but now you need web hosting on Whogohost or you already have webhosting on Whogohost but you need a domain name.

Re: How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria by Rocco89(m): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
I am intending to give a shot on domain purchase. But, was lacking of proper knowledge on this factor. Confused with what to choose, how to choose, and would it work. So, this is the kind of post, I was truly needed of. Many thanks to you for coming up as a savior.
Re: How To Buy A Domain And Hosting Package On Whogohost Web Hosting In Nigeria by AndresNeymar: 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
Rocco89:
I am intending to give a shot on domain purchase. But, was lacking of proper knowledge on this factor. Confused with what to choose, how to choose, and would it work. So, this is the kind of post, I was truly needed of. Many thanks to you for coming up as a savior.

Glad I could help. You can check out the blog also for the full article.

The blog is strictly about web hosting and domain name purchases in Nigeria.

Blog: http://lagoswebhosting..com.ng/2016/06/registering-domain-whogohost-nigeria.html

(1) (Reply)

2017 Best Alternative Ad Networks For New Bloggers (fast Approval) / I Need Help On Adding My App To / Android/ios Emoji Support On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.