Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,451 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera (28293 Views)

Profitable Forex Traders Needed For $50,000 Account Books. / See How A Student Can Earn Money Without Affecting His Studies!!! / CBN Reviews Weekly Dollar Sale To Bdcs To $50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by HardMirror(m): 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
[size=16pt]Many people dont know that scorpion venom is the most expensive liquid in the world. yet we kill them and post pictures on nairaland not knowing we are throwing money away. [/size]

NEW YORK WALL STREET JOURNAL REPORTS THAT A GALLON OF SCORPION VENOM COSTS ABOUT 38 MILLION DOLLARS!

Thatta, Pakistan - Sitting in a dimly lit real estate office in a remote area of Pakistan's Sindh province, Naveed Gauri Khan waited for the scorpion broker he had been in correspondence with all week.

Khan, who claimed to be a frontman for a Swedish pharmaceutical firm, is among hundreds of others in the South Asian country involved in the lucrative scorpion trade.

The scorpions are in great demand apparently for medical research, and according to Khan a black scorpion weighing 60 grams can fetch at least $50,000.

Khan's phone rang constantly, but he ignored all the calls. Later, he told Al Jazeera that the phone calls were from middlemen offering him bribes to buy the invertebrate.

When the broker finally arrived, three hours late, he was empty-handed. Brokers and buyers involved in Sindh's scorpion trade complain that this is often the case.

"Although the trade is legal, hunters and brokers are afraid of security agencies," Khan told Al Jazeera. "They don't show the scorpion until they trust the buyer."

One concern about Sindh's scorpion trade is regarding the payments. Given Sindh's deplorable security situation, sceptics ask how buyers make such large payments.n Khan's case, the problem isn't too grave. He told Al Jazeera that he brought the money into the country through the State Bank of Pakistan. The actual exchange took place within the parking lot of a Thatta branch of the National Bank of Pakistan.

"Although the National Bank was not involved in our transaction, we used their premises for increased security," said Khan. "The money was delivered from Karachi in an armoured Brinks vehicle."

Pannu, a snake-charmer based in Thatta, told Al Jazeera that he has been catching snakes and scorpions for his entire life but has never seen a scorpion heavier than 16 grams.

In recent years, landlords in Thatta and surrounding areas employ poor farmers to hunt for the scorpions. When farmers find a scorpion weighing above 40 grams, they are given approximately $100. The landlord then takes ownership of the scorpion and contacts brokers. As the number of brokers increases, the final price of the scorpion also increases.

Hunters and brokers told Al Jazeera that politicians are also heavily invested in the trade. "Anyone who has money to spare has invested in hunting for scorpions," Sohail told Al Jazeera.
you can read the full article on aljazeera's website http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/10/scorpion-hunters-pakistan-sindh-2014106135152297494.html

1 Share

Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by geesampower(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
Time to start keeping scorpions. $50,000 is about N17 million naira at exchange rate of 340 naira to a dollar.

Oh boy!

2 Likes

Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by crestedaguiyi: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
My goodness me
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by HardMirror(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
My goodness me
no more killing o scorpions. cant we be exporting them? i guess i will research more on how to scorpions.
very sure this is bad news for all those who kill scorpions and post pictures on nairaland. grin
seun, mynd44, lalasticlala check this out

1 Like

Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lala, have you heard?

You can make more fortune exporting those scorpions than pushing them to FP grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by crestedaguiyi: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
HardMirror:

no more killing o scorpions. cant we be exporting them? i guess i will research more on how to scorpions.
very sure this is bad news for all those who kill scorpions and post pictures on nairaland. grin
seun, mynd44, lalasticlala check this out

Am already doing research on how to rear scorpion.

50,000 Benjamin is no child's play

1 Like

Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by HardMirror(m): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
ok did a little more research on how to extract the venom and the cost. a single scorpion can produce 0.5mg of venom on average and you can milk them once in 2 days, that means you can get 0.5mg X 12 = 6mg of venom per month. what if i can keep 100 scorpions then i can get 600mg of venom per month.
what is the worth of 600mg? well, around $10,000.
i am begining to consider this o. lol grin
hahn what do you think? cheesy

if you find an adult scorpion in lagos abeg send pm to me i will buy each for 500 naira. thank you. at least it is better than killing them
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by fxstory(m): 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
cool biz
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by MistadeRegal(m): 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
New business empire! Scorpions trading! Haha!

1 Like

Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by HardMirror(m): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
crestedaguiyi:

Am already doing research on how to rear scorpion.

50,000 Benjamin is no child's play
i have downloaded many video tutorials already. knowledge is power but only for those who make use of it
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by hahn(m): 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
HardMirror:
ok did a little more research on how to extract the venom and the cost. a single scorpion can produce 0.5mg of venom on average and you can milk them once in 2 days, that means you can get 0.5mg X 12 = 6mg of venom per month. what if i can keep 100 scorpions then i can get 600mg of venom per month.
what is the worth of 600mg? well, around $10,000.
i am begining to consider this o. lol grin
hahn what do you think? cheesy

if you find an adult scorpion in lagos abeg send pm to me i will buy each for 500 naira. thank you. at least it is better than killing them

I'm in grin
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by dablazor: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
I wasn't aware of this before now..
Why is it that expensive?

you guys should be careful though, all it takes is one sting.
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by hahn(m): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
HardMirror:
[size=16pt]Many people dont know that scorpion venom is the most expensive liquid in the world. yet we kill them and post pictures on nairaland not knowing we are throwing money away. [/size]

NEW YORK WALL STREET JOURNAL REPORTS THAT A GALLON OF SCORPION VENOM COSTS ABOUT 38 MILLION DOLLARS!

you can read the full article on aljazeera's website http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/10/scorpion-hunters-pakistan-sindh-2014106135152297494.html

How far your scorpion farm? cheesy
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by twentyk(m): 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
Scorpion king
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by HardMirror(m): 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
hahn:

How far your scorpion farm? cheesy
not doing that jare. Not feasible buzz me on whatsapp now. Let me show u a new commodity trading extremely well.
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by hahn(m): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
HardMirror:
not doing that jare. Not feasible buzz me on whatsapp now. Let me show u a new commodity trading extremely well.

You have to send me a message again o. MOst of my whatsapp contacts got wiped off
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by stagger: 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2018
dablazor:
I wasn't aware of this before now..
Why is it that expensive?

you guys should be careful though, all it takes is one sting.

You need the venom to produce the antidote.
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by amakibeh: 8:08am On Mar 31, 2021
Hello
Please I need a scorpion dealer in Nigeria. I'm starting a scorpion farm and I'm looking to buy a hundred scorpions for a start. Call me 09099966990, if you can supply.

1 Like

Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by hahn(m): 8:46am On Mar 31, 2021
amakibeh:
Hello
Please I need a scorpion dealer in Nigeria. I'm starting a scorpion farm and I'm looking to buy a hundred scorpions for a start. Call me 09051313689, if you can supply.

Lol. Bad guy grin

Are there scorpion dealers in Nigeria sef?
Re: SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera by Isusugbaghada: 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
amakibeh:
Hello
Please I need a scorpion dealer in Nigeria. I'm starting a scorpion farm and I'm looking to buy a hundred scorpions for a start. Call me 09051313689, if you can supply.

I just came across scorpion biz on fb today so am making research on how to go about it and every necessary govt palava

I like the biz and want to go into it but the two things am considering is how to get venom buyer and maybe govt license IG necessary

(1) (Reply)

Lady Wins A Car At Shoprite In Imo State (Photos) / Recharge Card Printing Business; How Viable Is It? / Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.