Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm (7294 Views)

Slay Queen Goes To Farm To Harvest Groundnuts When She’s Not Slaying (Photos) / 18,000 Farmers Return To Farm In Borno After 4 Years Insurgency(photo) / List Of The 11 Most Lucrative Agricultural Ventures In Order of Importance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Are you an expert in the field of animal husbandry or you are agropreneur come up here let brainstorm on the most profitable animal to venture into.

I have learn alot earlier on the best animal to venture into either husbandry or buy and resell later or any form of animal business.

I have the list here on on my little research.

1. Broilers

2. Cow

3. Goat

4. Pig

5. Dog

6. Snail

7. Geese

8. Duck

9. Rabit

10. Turkey

You can commend and add your own. You can ask question as well.

You are all welcome on board.
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wow! 191 views already and no single comment, does that mean nobody on nairaland agriculture thread that are into animal husbandry farming and business..
If the viewa got to 200 and there is no single comment feom animal husbandry expert in the house l will then asume that majority are into cash crop, plantation and other type of farming.
Wonder shall never end

1 Like

Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by Johnnyessence(m): 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
corpROYAL:
Wow! 191 views already and no single comment, does that mean nobody on nairaland agriculture thread that are into animal husbandry farming and business..
If the viewa got to 200 and there is no single comment feom animal husbandry expert in the house l will then asume that majority are into cash crop, plantation and other type of farming.
Wonder shall never end
snail, broilers and piggery.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
@johnnessence are you sure say snail farming is lucrative it is not as popular as goat
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
Brethrencool:
Pig

Can you make it more clear what make it to be more lucrative than cow or duck
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by mikolo80: 5:59am On Jun 22, 2016
corpROYAL:
Wonder shall never end
majority are into keyboard earning
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by mikolo80: 5:59am On Jun 22, 2016
you forgot grass cutter
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
mikolo80:
majority are into keyboard earning

Lol, it seem maybe they dont know anything about it. We live to learn. Nairalanders are great people. I just like using my creativity to enhance development and to contribute my quota to the human development. Therefore if anyone know what will benefit others dobt hestiate to share it because, the more yiu share they more you gain more wisdom and prosperity it is a law of prosperity.
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
mikolo80:
you forgot grass cutter

Hoe can you please explain why is it luctrative to farm.
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by Pilate2016(m): 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
corpROYAL:
Are you an expert in the field of animal husbandry or you are agropreneur come up here let brainstorm on the most profitable animal to venture into.

I have learn alot earlier on the best animal to venture into either husbandry or buy and resell later or any form of animal business.

I have the list here on on my little research.

1. Broilers

2. Cow

3. Goat

4. Pig

5. Dog

6. Snail

7. Geese

8. Duck

9. Rabit

10. Turkey

You can commend and add your own. You can ask question as well.

You are all welcome on board.
Please help me, my bunnies (young Rabbits) of below one week of age just died mysteriously. I gave them the best.
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by mikolo80: 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
corpROYAL:

Hoe can you please explain why is it luctrative to farm.

goat doubles every 6 months
Grass cutter quadruples every 6 months
And all they eat is grass that grows from Lagos to Kano
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2016
lol, you are actually right they are eating grass. I know of goat but got are very stubborn in nature and very difficult to manage because of their ruddiness. meanwhile, let look at the marketing aspect of the two. goat can be easily marketable than grass-cutter because the demand for goat on a daily basis are so great. quite a numbers of people cannot do without eating goat per two or three square on their meal per day compare to grass-cutter that is only patronize in the bear palour, hotels and some other special entry because it not everyone of them that cook it because they believe it quickly spoil. anyway there are my opinion and it subject to correction with proof like I have done. thank you all
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by emillionaire: 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
how about cat fish??
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
emillionaire:
how about cat fish??

yea, cat fish. it escape my memory. that is why nobody is an island. you cannot know it all. cat fish proven to be lucrative as well because of it high demand by hotels, bar palours, restaurant, market people etc. the only disadvantage there is maintenance most especially if they are is in their infantry because of their mortality rate. it is easily to loose all the capital if they are attack by diseases actually it all animal that have their own diseases but the fish can spread so fast because of they live in the same water. only way is to get an expect that can help you on these. you alone can not farm this except if you are ready to loose all your money. I have a friend that lost his capital on fish farming before just because of low water supply when is producing them.
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
To add to the existing list. Quail Bird it another economy Birds,they lay eggs more faster than chicken. Their eggs and their meat have health benefit.

For now l dont know how often people demand for them in the market. If you know more about this you can share your experience.
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by mfm04622: 4:35am On Jul 15, 2016
mikolo80:
goat doubles every 6 months
Grass cutter quadruples every 6 months
And all they eat is grass that grows from Lagos to Kano

Grasscutter cannot quadruple every 6 months. Their pregnancy and weaning period is more than 6 months. In fact, the best you can get is 3 pregnancies in 2 years
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by mikolo80: 4:31am On Jul 18, 2016
mfm04622:

Grasscutter cannot quadruple every 6 months. Their pregnancy and weaning period is more than 6 months. In fact, the best you can get is 3 pregnancies in 2 years
but they give birth to 3 or more per pregnancy, no?
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by corpROYAL(m): 7:29am On Jan 14, 2020
Pig is should be the best brcause it multiply so fast. I dont know if tgey are highly demanded nowadays... If you have experience in this, kindly share..

Rabit too...

Kindly contribute. Thank you all
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by dorispray: 9:44am On Jan 14, 2020
corpROYAL:
Pig is should be the best brcause it multiply so fast. I dont know if tgey are highly demanded nowadays... If you have experience in this, kindly share..

Rabit too...

Kindly contribute. Thank you all

Nice choice though, but frankly speaking that's your own personal view which might differs from other people's preference.

However I'm into piggery at the moment and I also chose Pig at the most Profitable animal to deal with.

As for the demand, it's got a massive market requests but that varies from location to location for instance, the market demands in most Northern region will be quite lower, but the market demands in the South- South is extremely higher.
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by woledouble(m): 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
For me Pig is the most lucrative of all farm animal. If you manage your pigs very well. It can litter twice a year and each litter can give you between 10 to 15 piglets or more. And you can have 100% survival of the piglet when manage well. No other farm animal can give you that.

The gestation (pregnancy) period of the female pig is 114 days. She will be ready to be bred another time around 5-7 days after her pigs are weaned (removed from nursing). Thus if you wean the litter of pigs at 21 days of age she will come into estrus (heat) around 26-28 days after farrowing (giving birth).
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by wengerman: 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
catfish and tilapia fish
Re: The Most Lucrative Animal To Farm by TTGIL: 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2020

(1) (Reply)

What Do U Call This Fruit In Your Language? / NIRSAL Guarantees N61.16bn Loans To Agriculture / CBN To Launch N10 Billion Fund For Egg Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.