Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden (819 Views)

How To Keep Squirrel Off Vegetable Garden.. / Pls Help!! ! Cockroach Is Eating Up My Vegetable Plants / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by felifeli: 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
How can I keep snails from destroying the young plants in my vegetable garden? They are so destructive and don't allow anything to grow. What chemical can i use to kill them
Re: How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by thirdi(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Get ducks and thank me later.
Re: How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by felifeli: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
thirdi:
Get ducks and thank me later.

Ducks ke . they will run away na
Re: How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by ouigy99(m): 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
felifeli:
How can I keep snails from destroying the young plants in my vegetable garden? They are so destructive and don't allow anything to grow. What chemical can i use to kill them

Erm.... Haven't you thought if eating the snails? It's a win win situation you know
Re: How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by felifeli: 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
ouigy99:

Erm.... Haven't you thought if eating the snails? It's a win win situation you know

Those small snails ? I doubt if they are worth eating. There must be a chemical to destroy them. I hate the bastards. They don't even permit anything to grow again. angry angry angry
Re: How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by ouigy99(m): 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
felifeli:

Their she'll will protect them from most chemicals.... If you had a way of I trouncing soldier ants to the farm, they will finish off the whole snails in a day
Re: How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by felifeli: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
Good idea. Where can I find soldier ants undecided undecided
Re: How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by thirdi(m): 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
I repeat buy domestic ducks they will eat up the snail in less than a day and you can become a duck farmer
Re: How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by Willie2015: 1:03am On Jun 25, 2016
I had similar issue,

I construct a small pen for them, pick them up, lock them up and feed them
I pick them up in the evening btw 6- 7pm as they are coming out to eat and 9pm to 10pm for those not yet out
I pick the remaining up in the early in the morning 5.30 am to 6.00 am before they hide.

You will be amazed at the number of snails you will pick up. I did this consistently for 3 weeks.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove Snails In My Vegetable Garden by Baroba(m): 7:24am On Jun 25, 2016
Just get a couple of ducks like someone suggested earlier.. So many ways of dealing with it, search online..

Coffee grounds, copper.. do your research..

(1) (Reply)

Dried Split Ginger Production Line / Supply And Installation Of Battery Cages At Lagos / I Need Help For My Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.