Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria (22481 Views)

How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? / Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video / How To Recharge Your Phone From ANY Bank Account By USSD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by blackfase(m): 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
Why would anyone need to verify an account b4 sending money to it? If i have to pay some cash into ur account, woe betide u if u send me a nonsense account. Its gonna b d recipient's loss not mine. Im i missing anything here? Somebody should wise me up....

1 Like

Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by Evidence1000(m): 10:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nice one
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by ademiD(f): 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
Good one op
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by Birniwa(m): 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
This uses only the bank name and account number through intending banks' API request, so yes there's no data retention whatsoever. It uses same level of info (account number) you give out to someone when you want them to deposit money to your account.

Secondly, do we even need an app that solely solves this problem only and only? At the point of sending money to any bank account in Nigeria (either mobile banking, internet banking or SMS banking) banks will provide you with this same information instantly.

So in my own opinion, this app only "re-invents" the wheel rather than solving untapped problem.
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Will run an exploitcode on that app for pentesting
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Please somebody should help me out here. Is the OP a banker? How was he able to get into the CBN database to verify account numbers? Which database is he operating with? Where does his app fetch peoples information after their account numbers have been put in? Or can any developer randomly access a database of people's bank account information with his or her app? This is the main question everybody should be asking.

8 Likes

Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by sketcherJ(m): 1:12am On Jun 15, 2016
iamexcelblog:
Please somebody should help me out here. Is the OP a banker? How was he able to get into the CBN database to verify account numbers? Which database is he operating with? Where does his app fetch peoples information after their account numbers have been put in? Or can any developer randomly access a database of people's bank account information with his or her app? This is the main question everybody should be asking.
cheesy grin grin cheesy that is what am thinking too..oya programmer come and reply us

1 Like

Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by chachanga: 2:24am On Jun 15, 2016
kudos for developing this most important of all apps

have you considered working as a consultant with the icpc, efcc & co.

you should give it a try. why not schedule a presentation with them
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by bobo65(m): 3:15am On Jun 15, 2016
Birniwa:
This uses only the bank name and account number through intending banks' API request, so yes there's no data retention whatsoever. It uses same level of info (account number) you give out to someone when you want them to deposit money to your account.

Secondly, do we even need an app that solely solves this problem only and only? At the point of sending money to any bank account in Nigeria (either mobile banking, internet banking or SMS banking) banks will provide you with this same information instantly.

So in my own opinion, this app only "re-invents" the wheel rather than solving untapped problem.

The app ain't highly important
But it can help in times when someone writes an account number for u to pay money into and maybe the persons writing ain't clear, when u get to the bank, it saves u the time and stress of those at the counter telling u to correct the name or some that are too lazy will tell u to call the person u wanna deposit into their account to send u the right details.

But at the end sha
We just like the fact that it's a Nigerian that developed the app, shows that we are still thinking out of the box in this trying times.

A big thumbs up to the developer again!

3 Likes

Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by SmartMugu: 5:21am On Jun 15, 2016
This is the most important post I have read on Nairaland. I tested it out and it works like charm!
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by jazinogold(m): 6:09am On Jun 15, 2016
hmm
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by dopedealer(m): 6:23am On Jun 15, 2016
This thing didn't work now.. .what are u guys saying
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by stchinedu: 6:34am On Jun 15, 2016
iamexcelblog:

Good thinking!!!

BWT,

OP, you try but e go better make you shed more light on the questions raised here.

Waiting...
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by nairamaverick(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2016
I'm guessing your final year project, who was your supervisor Mr. Makinde/Odina?
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by d33types: 8:09am On Jun 15, 2016
how safe is this app? Developer abeg take steps for your app to be recognised by banks and /or interswitch else no enlightened person will touch it ..

why should I use this app when I can use a safer Quickteller by interswitch either on their website or android app?
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by Abudu2000(m): 8:18am On Jun 15, 2016
this is useless na,even if you know d owner name, does that give u d address...or will a scammer put another name on the account no before? bro come up wif somfin Berra....did pledge for garbage,
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:36am On Jun 15, 2016
d33types:
how safe is this app? Developer abeg take steps for your app to be recognised by banks and /or interswitch else no enlightened person will touch it ..

why should I use this app when I can use a safer Quickteller by interswitch either on their website or android app?

Thank you for your reply.

This is just a little play project, it is not important that you use it.

I will be making the project open source except for the API call part to help people understand how transparent and safe it.

Like someone commented earlier, it is not an app to disrupt the industry, it is just a little play thing I came up with.

1 Like

Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:37am On Jun 15, 2016
Abudu2000:
this is useless na,even if you know d owner name, does that give u d address...or will a scammer put another name on the account no before? bro come up wif somfin Berra....did pledge for garbage,

Kindly refer to my comment above,
Thanks.
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 15, 2016
I downloaded and run the app, input my account number and search my name. Guess what show up ?

<<<<Nothing>>>>
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:39am On Jun 15, 2016
dopedealer:
This thing didn't work now.. .what are u guys saying

It works man.

What bank did you try?
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2016
BiafranNigerian:
I downloaded and run the app, input my account number and search my name. Guess what show up ?

<<<<Nothing>>>>

Are you sure about that?

The app works.
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:41am On Jun 15, 2016
bobo65:

The app ain't highly important
But it can help in times when someone writes an account number for u to pay money into and maybe the persons writing ain't clear, when u get to the bank, it saves u the time and stress of those at the counter telling u to correct the name or some that are too lazy will tell u to call the person u wanna deposit into their account to send u the right details.

But at the end sha
We just like the fact that it's a Nigerian that developed the app, shows that we are still thinking out of the box in this trying times.

A big thumbs up to the developer again!

Thank you.

It is only a Play Project smiley
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 15, 2016
brainyfarm:

Are you sure about that?

The app works.
I am sure
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by d33types: 8:42am On Jun 15, 2016
brainyfarm:

Thank you for your reply.

This is just a little play project, it is not important that you use it.

I will be making the project open source except for the API call part to help people understand how transparent and safe it.

Like someone commented earlier, it is not an app to disrupt the industry, it is just a little play thing I came up with.

nice work tho..you're going places
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:42am On Jun 15, 2016
stchinedu:

Good thinking!!!

BWT,

OP, you try but e go better make you shed more light on the questions raised here.

Waiting...

The Gateway is limited to the Bank account names only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:43am On Jun 15, 2016
SmartMugu:
This is the most important post I have read on Nairaland. I tested it out and it works like charm!

Thank you for trying it out.
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:44am On Jun 15, 2016
iamexcelblog:

It is all an API call and the gateway is limited to the account names only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:45am On Jun 15, 2016
chachanga:
kudos for developing this most important of all apps

have you considered working as a consultant with the icpc, efcc & co.

you should give it a try. why not schedule a presentation with them

Thank you!
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by smashupdates(m): 8:45am On Jun 15, 2016
Mrs Aisha Buhari at the inauguration of the Technical Committee for International
Mrs Aisha Buhari at the inauguration of the Technical Committee for International

http://smash9ja.com/mrs-aisha-buhari-at-theinauguration-of-the-technicalcommittee-for-international/
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by dopedealer(m): 8:46am On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=brainyfarm post=46588061]

It works man.
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by smashupdates(m): 8:46am On Jun 15, 2016
Nigerian man jailed for five years in Ireland for taking delivery of package with €42,000 of cocaine

http://smash9ja.com/nigerian-man-jailedfor-five-years-in-ireland-fortaking-delivery-of-package-withe42000-of-cocaine/
Re: Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria by brainyfarm: 8:46am On Jun 15, 2016
bobo65:

Works perfectly

Dragnet seun mynd44 obinoscopy

This stuff deserves a space on front page

Thank you man!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Pictures Smartphone Users Can Relate To / Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? / Must-have Accessories For Your New Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.