Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,486 members, 7,812,509 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video (50138 Views)

Lady’s Skirt Burnt As Her Phone Explodes Today, At The Benin Market / Iphone 7 Explodes Yet Again, Set Owner's Car Ablaze / Reason Why Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Explodes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Reediano(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
It's no more news that Samsung is currently going through a tough time with their Galaxy Note 7 as there have been many reported cases of the smartphone exploding and even damaging properties in the process. This even made the company stop production and sales of the smartphone. But it now seems like this disaster is now affecting iPhone also.

An Apple iPhone 7 has recently exploded while injuring the owner in the process. According to the owner who refused to reveal his identity, the incident happened while he was trying to record a video with the phone.
According to report, the impact of the explosion was so severe that the iPhone 7 blew up into two pieces with battery and other elements clearly visible while shattered hurling glass flying across his face and causing one of his fingers on his right hand to swell.
After the incident, the man reported the case to Apple sale's support where he was told that they had no authority to look or handle such matter. But later, the complaint was forwarded to Apple headquarters. However, where the man actually purchased his iPhone 7 is still unknown , as the man still didn’t state from where he bought his phone.

Investigation is currently going on as to what caused the explosion. You can watch the video of the incident below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epcfHUqMvSc

http://www.yomitech.com/2016/10/iphone-7-explodes-on-mans-face-while-he.html

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2016
Now this no longer funny... Are these guys making smart grenades

169 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Reediano(m): 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
Smallville10:

And I wonder while this expensive high-end phone's are exploding when ordinary infinix and tecno are not experiencing such

https://www.nairaland.com/3404149/funny-video-samsung-galaxy-note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gID20PZi6Y

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
Reediano:

And I wonder while this expensive high-end phone's are exploding when ordinary infinix and tecno are not experiencing such
we cant say yet for tecno and infinix becus their latest havent really circulated. Nevertheless, i believe our technological mind is limited and this could mean that we are gettin to d limits of smartphone development...

Something like this happen is just a warning sign saying *more advancment in technology is directly proportional to greater dangers*... I beleive we should be satisfied with d level we have reached now...

Scientists should give it a break; d time intervals btw their products release is too short... They should relax and research better before coming up again

188 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2016
Smallville10:
we cant say yet for tecno and infinix becus their latest havent really circulated. Nevertheless, i believe our technological mind is limited and this could mean that we are gettin to d limits of smartphone development...

Something like this happen is just a warning sign saying *more advancment in technology is directly proportional to greater dangers*... I beleive we should be satisfied with d level we have reached now...

Scientists should give it a break; d time intervals btw their products release is too short... They should relax and research better before coming up again

Reasonable Talk

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
Lalasticlala abeg front page dis news na

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by ameezy(m): 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Oliviaxx(f): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2016
Bad news for Apple...#PhoneRecession

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by olamik123(m): 11:38pm On Oct 14, 2016
Olowo fowo Ra iku.... am satisfied with my infinix hot note

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by bettercreature(m): 12:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Smallville10:
Those phones are too powerful,all these explosions are inevitable.

6 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by obinna58(m): 1:56am On Oct 15, 2016
Smallville10:

The speedly advancement of technology is getting to an extent where it will affect the world, imagine sci-fi movie coming to reality maybe one-day we might woke up in a different world entirely it's either you or hi tech if you wanna maintain your breathing to survive, if not now it still gonna be in the future embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Thewrath(m): 2:09am On Oct 15, 2016
Reediano:

This Is just a cheap come back from android/Samsung lovers after it recalled the Galaxy s7.
The evidence is not substantial enough,just one report so far since its release,and it's not clear why this particular one "exploded"(may have been exposed to high current or sth).besides,you can't call that video an "explosion" .
Unlike Samsung explosion that was reported by users worldwide.
No case here,fake news.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by iamFawaz(m): 5:57am On Oct 15, 2016
congrats rich man

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Reediano(m): 6:39am On Oct 15, 2016
Thewrath:

This Is just a cheap come back from android/Samsung lovers after it recalled the Galaxy s7.
The evidence is not substantial enough,just one report so far since its release,and it's not clear why this particular one "exploded"(may have been exposed to high current or sth).besides,you can't call that video an "explosion" .
Unlike Samsung explosion that was reported by users worldwide.
No case here,fake news.

I doubt

It's actually not the first time an iPhone is exploding, the Galaxy Note 7 case was just out of hand

10 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Reediano(m): 6:45am On Oct 15, 2016
Smallville10:

I don't think that's possible...

Being happy where we are or giving technological advancement a break because of issues like this is a typical black man's thinking...

If white had given it a break long ago then we might never have had iPhone, android, YouTube and other things we have today ...

The problem with this exploding Smartphones is the lithium ion batteries used ....
Lithium ion battery are bound to explode whenever there is a thermal runaway and this is usually caused by design flaws or partial contact....

The only way out now is to dump lithium ion batteries in Smartphones for something more reliable.....
But unfortunately there is no better alternative yet.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2016
Reediano:

I don't think that's possible...

Being happy where we are or giving technological advancement a break because of issues like this is a typical black man's thinking...

If white had given it a break long ago then we might never have had iPhone, android, YouTube and other things we have today ...

The problem with this exploding Smartphones is the lithium ion batteries used ....
Lithium ion battery are bound to explode whenever there is a thermal runaway and this is usually caused by design flaws or partial contact....

The only way out now is to dump lithium ion batteries in Smartphones for something more reliable.....
But unfortunately there is no better alternative yet.
Reediano... If u believe its black man's thinking, so be it for you... U dont even understand what i mean by giving it a 'break'... U said lithium batteries are bound to explode with design flaws, doesnt dat tell you dat lithium batteries has reached its limit of powering smartphones so advanced? From ur last sentence where does that leave us?... It leaves us with taking a break, going back to do better research to reduce these harms

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 15, 2016
obinna58:

The speedly advancement of technology is getting to an extent where it will affect the world, imagine sci-fi movie coming to reality maybe one-day we might woke up in a different world entirely it's either you or hi tech if you wanna maintain your breathing to survive, if not now it still gonna be in the future embarassed
na true o... But wait o, e fit make sense o... Our life go be like action film grin

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Sunkyphil(m): 7:08am On Oct 15, 2016
Olowo fowo ra ikú.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Reediano(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2016
Smallville10:
Reediano... If u believe its black man's thinking, so be it for you... U dont even understand what i mean by giving it a 'break'... U said lithium batteries are bound to explode with design flaws, doesnt dat tell you dat lithium batteries has reached its limit of powering smartphones so advanced? From ur last sentence where does that leave us?... It leaves us with taking a break, going back to do better research to reduce these harms

Now I understand you better... cheesy......

You are right and I get your point now.....

But let's also look at it from the manufacturers perspective..... Money is involve here and those guys care more about revenue than even safety...

So they will rather produce more Smartphones (even though they know it's not actually safe) while making background research....

Rather than take a break and count their loss(even though that's the right thing to do)...

embarassedunfortunately we have no option than to be more careful while handling this gadgets as they can blow up anytime

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Reediano(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2016
Smallville10:
na true o... But wait o, e fit make sense o... Our life go be like action film grin

Remember say no film trick ooo... And actor dey die for real life grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by decatalyst(m): 7:59am On Oct 15, 2016
It's the season of explosion grin grin

I beg make I dey careful with this moi 3310 ooo because eim own explosion go be like C4

5 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 15, 2016
Reediano:

Now I understand you better... cheesy......

You are right and I get your point now.....

But let's also look at it from the manufacturers perspective..... Money is involve here and those guys care more about revenue than even safety...

So they will rather produce more Smartphones (even though they know it's not actually safe) while making background research....

Rather than take a break and count their loss(even though that's the right thing to do)...

embarassedunfortunately we have no option than to be more careful while handling this gadgets as they can blow up anytime
i understand... They want to make name and income, true...
I just pray they can focus on improving their inventions rightly than choose to make money at the expense of our lives, so we can see them as better manufacturers

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2016
Reediano:

Remember say no film trick ooo... And actor dey die for real life grin
chai! Na true... Without film trick e no fit sweet na... Actor sef go just die

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by casttlebarbz(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2016
I dont know y ooo...am just happy its hapening to ifone too #teamsamsung

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by jiinxed: 8:06am On Oct 15, 2016
How wonderfuly coincidental that the iPhone 7 (apple's latest flagship device) would blow up in somone's face at the same time the individual was recording a video. To me, this is a truckload of thrash.

In my opinion, Samsung is trying too hard to get back at Apple, to at least put a dent in the flawless record of the iPhone 7 launch and sales.

The tech cold wars just got more interesting!

7 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by PMONEY6: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2016
This is what you get when you integrates heaven and earth on a 5"+ device .
Smart this smart that etc.
Just to prove some unnecessary technological points.

HTC may never have this heartbreaking terrific experience in their devices except they deviate from their already simplified features.

5 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Reediano(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2016
jiinxed:

How wonderfuly coincidental that the iPhone 7 (apple's latest flagship device) would blow up in somone's face at the same time the individual was recording a video. To me, this is a truckload of thrash.

In my opinion, Samsung is trying too hard to get back at Apple, to at least put a dent in the flawless record of the iPhone 7 launch and sales.

The tech cold wars just got more interesting!

There is nothing as flawless.

Both bands have been facing this issue for quite some time now..... The while Samsung note 7 disaster just made it more obvious....

There have even been two reported cases of iPhone 6 this month and apple even agreed to replace the device which means it wasn't a cooked story

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Reediano(m): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2016
casttlebarbz:
I dont know y ooo...am just happy its hapening to ifone too #teamsamsung

Bad belle angry
Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by emeijeh(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2016
This is a lesson for Infinix and Tecno...... Avoid the number 7 on all your models.

**if i hear Infinix hot note 7!
Or Tecno phantom7
You know the rest grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Kenshinmunac(m): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2016
Hahahahaha
Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by martineverest(m): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2016
phone makers are now selling nuclear reactors and explposives as phones--phoneplosives

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video by Sijo01(f): 11:06am On Oct 15, 2016
These people coupled IED, named it IPhone 7 and stated selling it... .. ... .. ... To think one stewpid girl blackmailed someone's husband to raise money for this shiit

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malata Phone For N486,850 Or I Need A Pair Of Glasses? / Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do. You Need To See N0 7 / MTN Is Giving Out Free 150mb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.