Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Nigerian Companies' Careers Links And Their Usefulness - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Companies' Careers Links And Their Usefulness (1053 Views)

How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize / Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Promising Careers And Professions Emerging In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Companies' Careers Links And Their Usefulness by beewhyfocs(m): 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2009
Its been an herculean task linking with career sites of most companies in Nigeria. Why a lot of these companies have good home pages with other funtional links on information about the company and their directors. It is sad that their career pages are suffering if it exists at all in most cases.

Well I suppose job in Nigeria is not by application through the Websites but who-know-who. This is another syndrome that must be combatted if we really want the right persons in the right place.

Can someone help with links on some of these sites especially those that relates to oil and gas or engineering.
Re: Nigerian Companies' Careers Links And Their Usefulness by olasworld(m): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
I wish I could supply you with links to some engineering firm's career portal but I realised that they all have the syndrome you talked about. While I was applying to a telecoms coy, a friend of mine who works there told me that the use of the career portal is a waste of time, he had to forward the MD's contact to me.
@Beewhyfocs sounds so familiar, do I know you?
Re: Nigerian Companies' Careers Links And Their Usefulness by Profitboss(m): 7:07am On Feb 23, 2015
olasworld:
I wish I could supply you with links to some engineering firm's career portal but I realised that they all have the syndrome you talked about. While I was applying to a telecoms coy, a friend of mine who works there told me that the use of the career portal is a waste of time, he had to forward the MD's contact to me.
@Beewhyfocs sounds so familiar, do I know you?
Seems you true @glasworld, I av been waiting endless for a call up from a Telecom coy, I av d test in October and was replied successful and promised to called for interview (tho was called once in Dec. but I asked for reschedule due to a good reason which I replied them) but ever since then the available positions has been filled. I am eager to be part of that coy and av been restless because my test scores valid for just 1yr (i.e. Sept). I believe I will get a chance one day, God willing.

(1) (Reply)

Hr People In The House, Is This Unversity Recognised? / Can You Write A Marketing Strategy For Cosmetic Business? / Staying Focused On Your Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.