Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed (13053 Views)

12 Viruses In Your Cv / 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster / I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by careercrew1: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
Just because you are employed doesn’t mean that your CV shouldn’t be updated. In actual fact, it is advisable to always update your CV and in this article we share with you the reason(s) why you should always update your CV even when employed.

It gives you an edge if a better position at your current place of work is advertised

It is advisable to update your CV despite being employed as you can never be too sure when a higher and better internal job position will be announced by the HR department. Updating your CV keeps you prepared for whenever a vacant internal position is announced at your place of work and gives you the edge when a performance review is being carried out.

Recruiters will constantly be looking to employ you with better offers

Once your CV is regularly updated especially on professional social media space for example inkedin and recruiters are very impressed with your CV, you potentially tend to get better career job offer from them.

In case there is a downsizing at your current office

No job is permanent or secure and nothing lasts forever, so should in case there is a massive downsizing at your current place of work, updating and keeping your CV current on a regular basis will help you get back swiftly into the job market ahead of others should in case there is a massive downsizing.

Generally, you don’t need to wait for something to happen before looking for how to update your credentials. Once your credentials are updated, you are preparing yourself for the unforeseen event that lies ahead

http://careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/why-you-should-always-update-your-cv.html?m=0

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by Smartanthony: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
nice information sha

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by careercrew1: 10:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
Smartanthony:
nice information sha
Thank you.. Lalasticlala I greet you sir.. Please encourage my write up
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by careercrew1: 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by carbony4red(m): 6:20am On Jun 17, 2016
NOTED
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by Nellymonic(f): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
careercrew1:
Just because you are employed doesn’t mean that your CV shouldn’t be updated. In actual fact, it is advisable to always update your CV and in this article we share with you the reason(s) why you should always update your CV even when employed.

It gives you an edge if a better position at your current place of work is advertised

It is advisable to update your CV despite being employed as you can never be too sure when a higher and better internal job position will be announced by the HR department. Updating your CV keeps you prepared for whenever a vacant internal position is announced at your place of work and gives you the edge when a performance review is being carried out.

Recruiters will constantly be looking to employ you with better offers

Once your CV is regularly updated especially on professional social media space for example inkedin and recruiters are very impressed with your CV, you potentially tend to get better career job offer from them.

In case there is a downsizing at your current office

No job is permanent or secure and nothing lasts forever, so should in case there is a massive downsizing at your current place of work, updating and keeping your CV current on a regular basis will help you get back swiftly into the job market ahead of others should in case there is a massive downsizing.

Generally, you don’t need to wait for something to happen before looking for how to update your credentials. Once your credentials are updated, you are preparing yourself for the unforeseen event that lies ahead

http://careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/why-you-should-always-update-your-cv.html?m=0

Nice write up.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by careercrew1: 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nellymonic:

Nice write up.
Thank you.

Seun, ishilove, Lalasticlala good evening sirs
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by veekid(m): 9:13am On Jun 28, 2016
Nice write up

Ori e wanbe

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 28, 2016
informative write up but op just know say no b by updating CV person take dey get work for CBN or NNPC

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by yomalex(m): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2016
Very Important.
Check job listings on www.tipsdome.com/category/jobs

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 28, 2016
Great write up. This is true for anyone looking for a better job now or whenever.....
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by Crystalclara(f): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2016
Thank you op

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by Pyno30: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by bonasera: 9:25am On Jun 28, 2016
Good post. Job Seekers looking for info on openings and vacancies just search facebook for a group called "Job Links Nigeria". That's all they do. Thank me later..
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by humbleself242(m): 9:40am On Jun 28, 2016
Looking up to be employ

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by babs01(m): 9:40am On Jun 28, 2016
I'm still looking for job o

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by engrrichie92(m): 9:43am On Jun 28, 2016
very useful information but would have been better if you added tips on how to go about updating the CV

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by justi4jesu(f): 10:00am On Jun 28, 2016
Nice and Informative....One of the problems with infrequently updating your resume is that you forget about skills and accomplishments.

You may have received a new certification five years ago, but now you don’t even think about it anymore.

Updating your resume regularly ensures that critical information like this isn’t forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by Nuhusky: 10:00am On Jun 28, 2016
With connection you can get a job without CV just one CALL
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by Waxydeezee: 10:06am On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks for this useful information, infact the info got to me at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2016
Nice.
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by lisimmo(m): 10:20am On Jun 28, 2016
True
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by kinibd(m): 10:30am On Jun 28, 2016
Quick Question, can someone like me who is fresh out of college write my c.v without having served or even gotten my certificate yet? Anyone knows?

In other news, do you need a natural permanent hair removal solution? Have you heard about thanaka powder and kusumba oil? Google and read more about both of them and send an email to kinibd@yahoo.com if interested in purchasing. Thanks.
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by careercrew1: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2016
kinibd:
Quick Question, can someone like me who is fresh out of college write my c.v without having served or even gotten my certificate yet? Anyone knows?

In other news, do you need a natural permanent hair removal solution? Have you heard about thanaka powder and kusumba oil? Google and read more about both of them and send an email to kinibd@yahoo.com if interested in purchasing. Thanks.
Yes , you can..It is best you start writing your CV from the very moment you graduate
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by MrLittleFinger1(m): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2016
Very useful information! Good job

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by careercrew1: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2016
justi4jesu:
Nice and Informative....One of the problems with infrequently updating your resume is that you forget about skills and accomplishments.

You may have received a new certification five years ago, but now you don’t even think about it anymore.

Updating your resume regularly ensures that critical information like this isn’t forgotten.
Exactly, thank you for this wonderful contribution
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by careercrew1: 11:02am On Jun 28, 2016
Waxydeezee:
Thanks for this useful information, infact the info got to me at the right time.
You are welcome. Am glad to be of assistance to you.. You can also check out my career blog @ www.careercrew..com for other useful career tips.
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by bukalis(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2016
Are you a salary earner? Live and work in Lagos or Abuja??
Get a loan from us today (No collateral needed, No guarantors, No need to move salary account, No hidden or management charges, quick loan disbursements within 24hrs) with 4% interest rate to settle bad credit or build a home, do business or finance to buy a car. @ ONE CREDIT Loan firm www.one-cred.com is the answer to all your financial problems. Email or call us now for more details: Bukalis125@gmail.com 07039540826 08174449046 No. 1224 Bishop Oluwole street, Victoria Island, Lagos. You will be glad you did.
Re: Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed by careercrew1: 11:06am On Jun 28, 2016
engrrichie92:
very useful information but would have been better if you added tips on how to go about updating the CV
Thank you for your contribution. ..Will add that to the list of my article that am currently working on. You can Visit my career blog regularly and I will keep you posted hopefully when it is done

Visit www.careercrew..com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Good Real Estate Income: Training & Employment Opportunity [Residual Income] / Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA / I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.