Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

FG Bars States From Bank Loans - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bars States From Bank Loans (15932 Views)

Buhari's Minister Buys N280m Property In Abuja, Says He Took A Loan From Bank.. / Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 / FG Bars Chibok Girls From Sharing Experiences With Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Pavarottii(m): 8:00am On Jun 15, 2016
koboko69:

She was the ex. finance minister that you guys keep celebrating and glamoring for her to come back and supervise more lootings. That's what brought her into the matter. Or was she not the finance when states were taking all this frivolous loans?
Sure in ur mind, wen u typed this. U laughed at ur low level of knowledge and reasoning. [size=14pt]U r hailing someone that under her watch Foreign reserve depleted to 26billion dollars, economy grew by negative first time in decades 0.37%, inflation at 14.7%, NSE reduced by a 9billion dollars, FDI as good as nothing, Banks av lost more than a trillion in desk deposit. Unemployment rate at almost 20something%. Guy I will even do better than her. If they make me finance minister.
She Is complete, absolute failure.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by koboko69: 8:09am On Jun 15, 2016
Pavarottii:

Sure in ur mind, wen u typed this. U laughed at ur low level of knowledge and reasoning. U r hailing someone that under her watch Foreign reserve depleted to 26billion dollars,

Hohohoho. I can see your very low level of intelligence. Come here let me train u on how to defend public theifs. Your glorified theif met $47bn, and she sold oil for an average of $100/barrel for more than 3 years but left paltry $30bn when she left. Maybe u can explain that. cheesy cheesy maybe u can also explain why she was borrowing to pay salaries when oil was 57usd. Keep deceiving yourself!

6 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 15, 2016
Pavarottii:

All these ones Don come again. No matter how many grammar u speak. In d whole of Africa. She stands out. Apart from her CV. Her results speak 4 her. Wen Adesoun starts performing. Talk to me. But 4 now. She is failing woefully. It's like u don't know that our economy should be in recession by d end of second quarter this year. And these decision she made about state govt stopping to take loans but she didn't say the FG should stop. Well d decision has its pros and cons. Can't start lecturing u now. Got work to attend to this morning.
And please don't ever compare those 2 again. God might be angry with u. NOI is a lecturer while Adesoun Is a student in Economics.
do you know that NOI and her CV was what got us into this mess today? Have you forgotten the amount of looting that took place under her watch? The #OduahGate, #DasukiGate, #ArmsDeal, Excess crude oil, Sure P etc? Look at the money recovered amounting to 3trillion stolen under her watch, yet you expect kemi to use a magic wand to wave it off in just 8months of her assumption of office. You are even trying to blame her for the state of the economy while you exonerate NOI who allowed the looting that led us here to take place.

10 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Max24: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2016
Sweetlemon:
When people kept complaining that Kemi Adeosun does not have credentials to compete with Iweala and all that I kept telling them to hold on a little and give her a chance.
The difference between the two is that while the latter impresses you with economic jargons, the former is more realistic about situations on ground while giving practical solutions to issues.
Give Kemi another two years, most of you will campaign for her to be our Hillary Clinton. Lol.
So did Hillary Clinton just bounced on Americans from nowhere? So Nigeria has become an internship country for baby economists? Did u read Pat Utomis, OBJs and Oby Ezekwesiles comments on d state of our economy? Bottom line - Buharis economic policies as headed by Kemi are archaic. Like PDP counseled him, he needs to look beyond APC for finance ministry. Amosun should stop confusing Bihari with his infantile economist nominee and allow use the most qualified economist Nigeria has. The skyrocketing prices of goods and loss of jobs is not making anyone smile including us that voted for Bihari. The choice of Finance Minister at this time should not be PERSONAL but based on BUSINESS.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 15, 2016
Pavarottii:
Wat brought NOI into this matter now?
The Likes of you that Condemned the appointment of Kemi

2 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Tonnierichy(m): 8:47am On Jun 15, 2016
proeast:
Like seriously?? Dude, last time I checked, the SE states are in far better financial state than most SW states, indeed, it is only the "no mans land" called Lagos that is excempted, from Osun to Ogun, Ekiti etc are all facing bankrupcy!! Cry for your ojujuwa region, we are better off!!
Really?
Ogun? undecided
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Akosxxx(m): 8:47am On Jun 15, 2016
Interesting... I love this

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by mentorandfriend(m): 8:48am On Jun 15, 2016
irunooboo:
grin Time for bayelsa and many south eastern states that can't pay salaries be listed on Olx for intended buyers. Funny biafrans
What has Biafra got to do with this now, you bigot?

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by proeast(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2016
4Play:

I am not surprised you put LOL at the end of your post as you must have been reeling with laughter at the sheer stupidity of your post. The person you are singing her praise was also the Commissioner of Finance for Ogun state for 4 years until 2015 and can you remind us whether Ogun state needed a bailout by the end of her tenure?

Had the FG's finances been mishandled as badly as states' finances, including Ogun's, the FG won't be in a position to be arranging a bailout for the states.
Dont mind the zombiefied sai Barbarian, to them, everything is about praise singing to Buhari & his cabinet & mudslinging to GEJ & his cabinet, he is programmed to be like that!!
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Clonus: 8:49am On Jun 15, 2016
Gov Wike the borrower must hear this.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by emmykk(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2016
Sweetlemon:
When people kept complaining that Kemi Adeosun does not have credentials to compete with Iweala and all that I kept telling them to hold on a little and give her a chance.
The difference between the two is that while the latter impresses you with economic jargons, the former is more realistic about situations on ground while giving practical solutions to issues.
Give Kemi another two years, most of you will campaign for her to be our Hillary Clinton. Lol.

Dr. Ngozi okonjo iweala and your current daft minister of finance is not in thew same pedestral.

Loan and business go hand in hand for the daft minister to throw the baby and bath water show he want to throw the country into more hate situation against APC.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by wasco24: 8:54am On Jun 15, 2016
irunooboo:
grin Time for bayelsa and many south eastern states that can't pay salaries be listed on Olx for intended buyers. Funny biafrans
dangote go buy them
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by mmsen: 8:55am On Jun 15, 2016
koboko69:
[s][/s]

Make we hear word. What was the current state of the economy before your world celebrated left? At 57usd she was borrowing to pay salaries despite selling crude fir average of $100/barrel for more than 3 years. Off course the west will always celebrate any oe that does their biddings to make Africa grossly underdeveloped. Why do u think world bank and IMF always release statistics that never reflected on an average Nigeiran on the street.

The reason why the 'average Nigerian on the street' doesn't feel the benefit is largely the result of Nigerian cultural peculiarities.

If you see how Nigerians will waste money in churches - paying for 'Thanksgiving'; paying tithes; giving 'gifts' to pastors; 'offerings' etc then it shouldn't surprise anyone when they cry about being broke.

This on top of the ridiculous population growth - if your salary doubles but you choose to get married and have 3/4 children then chances are you will end up broke (the absolute most anyone in Nigeria need have is two, one should be the norm). Likewise, a nation whose population doubles every 25 years isn't going to be able to save any money.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by nortcentrallord(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2016
When Fayose made this recommendation on channels TV a month ago and I quoted him on NL here, modath took it personal and even insulted me but when I returned the favor, she went ahead and banned me for three consecutive times capturing only the part of the insult as my post and reason for the ban like my life depended on NL. grin like the traffic generated doesn't translate into cash for anyone. Well, that's an overzealous mod who took issues personal because she had the power to hit that button @ will since there is really no checks and balance here. Fayose only proposed a loan that will last and is repayable only during the tenure of the governor but now the FG has totally stopped it. Who is right and who is wrong now? When arguments is riddled with sentiments, the folly in such people is exposed.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by proeast(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2016
Tonnierichy:
Really? Ogun? undecided
Yes, Ogun is among!!
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by tatucci: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2016
Chai! wetin Wike go do now?

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by nortcentrallord(m): 8:59am On Jun 15, 2016
wasco24:
dangote go buy them

Lol
Nice one.

If you don't know that Dangote is living on borrowed money then.... I earnestly don't know what to say.
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by MadCow1: 8:59am On Jun 15, 2016
Pavarottii:

U r one of d problem of Nigeria. Wat brought NOI into this matter now?

Okonjo used 'rebasing' to tell us that our economy was okay.. grin Meanwhile boys were not smiling in the street.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by koboko69: 8:59am On Jun 15, 2016
[s]
mmsen:

The reason why the 'average Nigerian on the street' doesn't feel the benefit is largely the result of Nigerian cultural peculiarities.

If you see how Nigerians will waste money in churches - paying for 'Thanksgiving'; paying tithes; giving 'gifts' to pastors; 'offerings' etc then it shouldn't surprise anyone when they cry about being broke.

This on top of the ridiculous population growth - if you're salary doubles but you choose to get married and have 3/4 children then chances are you will end up broke (the absolute most anyone in Nigeria need have is two, one should be the norm). Likewise, a nation whose population doubles every 25 years isn't going to be able to save any money.
[/s]

This is the most silly thing i have ever read on NL. Imagine this kind of garbage assertions. Chia.....Niaja my country

3 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by MadCow1: 8:59am On Jun 15, 2016
tatucci:
Chai! wetin Wike go do now?

Wike fit Madt

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by s4short: 9:00am On Jun 15, 2016
Pavarottii:

[b]All these ones Don come again. No matter how many grammar u speak. In d whole of Africa. She stands out. Apart from her CV. Her results speak 4 her. Wen Adesoun starts performing. Talk to me. But 4 now. She is failing woefully. It's like u don't know that our economy should be in recession by d end of second quarter this year. And these decision she made about state govt stopping to take loans but she didn't say the FG should stop. Well d decision has its pros and cons. Can't start lecturing u now. Got work to attend to this morning.
And please don't ever compare those 2 again. God might be angry with u. NOI is a lecturer while Adesoun Is a student in Economics.[size=14pt]U r hailing someone that under her watch Foreign reserve depleted to 26billion dollars, economy grew by negative first time in decades 0.37%, inflation at 14.7%, NSE reduced by a 9billion dollars, FDI as good as nothing, Banks av lost more than a trillion in desk deposit. Unemployment rate at almost 20something%. Guy I will even do better than her. If they make me finance minister.
She Is complete, absolute failure. [/size][/b]

Please what are the results NOI achieved for this country?

6 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Pavarottii(m): 9:01am On Jun 15, 2016
dason4life:

The Likes of you that Condemned the appointment of Kemi
Ofcourse, she is an expert in failure.
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by facelessangel: 9:02am On Jun 15, 2016
it is a welcome development
every state should source for fund from its capital
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by kulrunsman79(m): 9:03am On Jun 15, 2016
irunooboo:

Zombie, for your information the only state in the south-east that can't pay salary is controlled by APC (IMO). Okorocha premeditated this ban. In fact, CBN during the reign of Sanusi banned IMO from borrowing money from both local and foreign banks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 15, 2016
Pavarottii:

U r one of d problem of Nigeria. Wat brought NOI into this matter now?
She has a right to her own opinion and she has spoken well tongue
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by wellmax(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2016
I like the part that the FG is bringing some sanity to how the State are being managed.
Same states seeking true Federalism, yet cannot manage properly

3 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Goodinfo: 9:06am On Jun 15, 2016
Good!! Very Good!!!. Some State Governors have collected more than N80 billion in one year from Banks. E.g Delta State Gov.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by fxskye: 9:07am On Jun 15, 2016
I see this as a good step in a right direction.

FG must also enshrine another clause for bonds and loans as well. No bank/capital market be allowed to loan any state beyond its repayment period less than 6 months of a sitting Gov.

This means each state Gov will only be able to borrow and repay back within his/her tenure in office. Most Nigerian States are bankrupt today as a result of financial indiscipline by state Govs, especially external financing like loan, be it local or foregin.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by lugado: 9:08am On Jun 15, 2016
4Play:

I am not surprised you put LOL at the end of your post as you must have been reeling with laughter at the sheer stupidity of your post. The person you are singing her praise was also the Commissioner of Finance for Ogun state for 4 years until 2015 and can you remind us whether Ogun state needed a bailout by the end of her tenure?

Had the FG's finances been mishandled as badly as states' finances, including Ogun's, the FG won't be in a position to be arranging a bailout for the states.

stop saying rubbish and for God's sake stop been sentimental. Iweala was already borrowing money to pay salaries when oil crashed to $70 before handing over. Adeosun may not be in the same league as NOI, but pls give it to her she's trying. NOI, believe me wouldn't have done better. And remember this ladies are just ministers they don't have the final say on policies.

5 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:09am On Jun 15, 2016
Chai. Chai. Chai.

How will Wike cope?
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Akinaukwa: 9:10am On Jun 15, 2016
They only meaningful projects embarked upon by many State Governors after collecting such loans is servicing of their pocket projects, family projects and projects for their grandchildren and unborn generations. If not tell me why State Governors are always richer than their States after leaving office despite leaving behind huge debt profile for their successors.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abdullahi Inde Dikko In Hospital In Abuja / Police Dismiss Rumored Assassination Of INEC Chairman, Yakubu, In Anambra / Pat Utomi: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is Not A Hindrance To Good Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.