Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

FG Bars States From Bank Loans - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bars States From Bank Loans (15935 Views)

Buhari's Minister Buys N280m Property In Abuja, Says He Took A Loan From Bank.. / Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 / FG Bars Chibok Girls From Sharing Experiences With Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11am On Jun 15, 2016
Goodinfo:
Good!! Very Good!!!. Some State Governors have collected more than N80 billion in one year from Banks. E.g Delta State Gov.

I thought you were talking about Wike. Then I looked again and saw N80 billion. Wike took N90 Billion. Big boyz things.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 15, 2016
Pavarottii:

Ofcourse, she is an expert in failure.
. . . While NOI is an expert in incorruption

3 Likes

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by GreyLaw(m): 9:14am On Jun 15, 2016
Pavarottii:

[b]All these ones Don come again. No matter how many grammar u speak. In d whole of Africa. She stands out. Apart from her CV. Her results speak 4 her. Wen Adesoun starts performing. Talk to me. But 4 now. She is failing woefully. It's like u don't know that our economy should be in recession by d end of second quarter this year. And these decision she made about state govt stopping to take loans but she didn't say the FG should stop. Well d decision has its pros and cons. Can't start lecturing u now. Got work to attend to this morning.
And please don't ever compare those 2 again. God might be angry with u. NOI is a lecturer while Adesoun Is a student in Economics.[size=14pt]U r hailing someone that under her watch Foreign reserve depleted to 26billion dollars, economy grew by negative first time in decades 0.37%, inflation at 14.7%, NSE reduced by a 9billion dollars, FDI as good as nothing, Banks av lost more than a trillion in desk deposit. Unemployment rate at almost 20something%. Guy I will even do better than her. If they make me finance minister.
She Is complete, absolute failure. [/size][/b]

Thank you!! You gave the guy some schooling!

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by ikwubaba: 9:22am On Jun 15, 2016
Max24:

So did Hillary Clinton just bounced on Americans from nowhere? So Nigeria has become an internship country for baby economists? Did u read Pat Utomis, OBJs and Oby Ezekwesiles comments on d state of our economy? Bottom line - Buharis economic policies as headed by Kemi are archaic. Like PDP counseled him, he needs to look beyond APC for finance ministry. Amosun should stop confusing Bihari with his infantile economist nominee and allow use the most qualified economist Nigeria has. The skyrocketing prices of goods and loss of jobs is not making anyone smile including us that voted for Bihari. The choice of Finance Minister at this time should not be PERSONAL but based on BUSINESS.

Pat Utomis, OBJs and Oby Ezekwesiles comments on d state of our economy??

Like PDP counseled him??

You must be joking quoting people and party that brought us to our kneels.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Ahmeduana(m): 9:22am On Jun 15, 2016
macnwaobi2:
First to comment. We are getting things right now. Thumbs up to the fin minister
THAT IS WHAT IS CALLED BACK TO FORMULA NGOZI OKONJO EWEALA
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 15, 2016
FG has the power to bar the banks from giving loans to state govts.

But FG cannot bar the states from taking loans.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Bhol28: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2016
High level money & economy management at work.kudos to kemi

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Ahmeduana(m): 9:31am On Jun 15, 2016
Sweetlemon:
When people kept complaining that Kemi Adeosun does not have credentials to compete with Iweala and all that I kept telling them to hold on a little and give her a chance.
The difference between the two is that while the latter impresses you with economic jargons, the former is more realistic about situations on ground while giving practical solutions to issues.
IF WHAT YOU TYPE THERE IS REAL, THEN WHY DID AUNT KEMI GO BACK TO ONE OF MAMA NGOZI POLICIES? OR YOU DON FORGET SAY NA ONE OF REASONS WHY APC GOVERNORS DESPISES (noe) ESPECIALY THAT golum GOVERNOR OF EDO STATE that ngozi GAVE DIRECTIVES TO ALL BANKS NOT TO BORROWE MONEY TO ANY STATE GOVERNOR.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Ahmeduana(m): 9:38am On Jun 15, 2016
Sweetlemon:
When people kept complaining that Kemi Adeosun does not have credentials to compete with Iweala and all that I kept telling them to hold on a little and give her a chance.
The difference between the two is that while the latter impresses you with economic jargons, the former is more realistic about situations on ground while giving practical solutions to issues.
Give Kemi another two years, most of you will campaign for her to be our Hillary Clinton. Lol.
IS NOT DIFFICULT TO IDENTIFY A SYCOPHANT!
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 15, 2016
Pavarottii:

U r one of d problem of Nigeria. Wat brought NOI into this matter now?
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by News0: 9:58am On Jun 15, 2016
Bunch of fools will forever act like one, in your own idea, ask yourself first if the report even make any sense at all, ask yourself first if in fact, Kemi Adeosun have any right or power on who a bank that happens to be an independent body in a country lends money to?

This is nothing but an abuse of power and abuse of her office under the so called dullard and a certificateless president, another reason bunch of fools are ruling your lives out there. They already know that 99% of you really have NO clue about what your rights are.

Kemi Adeosun may be part of those who regulate monetary policies which she must do along side with an another independent organization the Central bank, she may be part of government finance, fiscal policy, and financial regulation, ONLY THAT SHE HAS NO POWER ON WHO BANKS LEND THEIR MONEY TO. Because all these states have bunch of governors that were elected to represent them, they are the CEO's of their own state, to now, have a mere finance minister under a certificateless president take a total control of banks on who they lend money to is highly sickening, the only entity that can make such decisions are the banks and the banks alone. GRAB A BOOK AND READ

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by orisa37: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2016
Commercial Banks are rightly capable to grant any loan on carefully selected and verifiable collaterals. That's why they are commercial. Even the Positions and Status of Governors are very sufficient in all civilized economies to enable them muster loans to develop their states. Commercial Banks should worry on how to get their money back. The FG and the CBN intervention in this connection is high handed and stifling progress.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by haske7(f): 10:09am On Jun 15, 2016
Chai!!!! E Don BE for NYESOH WIKE.o!!!!
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by muyibaba222(m): 10:11am On Jun 15, 2016
Nigerians can be funny............ they will call for true fedralism in the morning, call governors thiefs in afternoon and praise FG for check-mating Governors' actions in the evenin. what a people

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Omooba77: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Give Kemi another two years, most of you will campaign for her to be our Hillary Clinton. Lol.

Why are we deceiving ourselves,the truth is that many banks are not solvent enough to grant any loan. So stop lie about economy policy that is non and void
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2016
Wayo people. After the Governors have successfully looted their states dry via inflated projects executed by bank loans.

How many states still possess enough receivables to justify such leveraged projects? Maybe Lagos, alone. This is medicine after death.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:27am On Jun 15, 2016
greatiyk4u:
At least we are seeing a practical ECONOMIST now not the paper technocrat

God bless Nigeria!

Hmmm. It is well
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:30am On Jun 15, 2016
4Play:

I am not surprised you put LOL at the end of your post as you must have been reeling with laughter at the sheer stupidity of your post. The person you are singing her praise was also the Commissioner of Finance for Ogun state for 4 years until 2015 and can you remind us whether Ogun state needed a bailout by the end of her tenure?

Had the FG's finances been mishandled as badly as states' finances, including Ogun's, the FG won't be in a position to be arranging a bailout for the states.

I See
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Bimpe29: 10:51am On Jun 15, 2016
Things will be better off, when we holistically and absolutely adhere with principles of effective financial management and good corporate governance.
Good move by Minister of Finance, hope this will not be sabotaged by cabals.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Tonnierichy(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2016
proeast:
Yes, Ogun is among!!

Wen last did you hear ogun failed to pay salaries

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2016
irunooboo:
grin Time for bayelsa and many south eastern states that can't pay salaries be listed on Olx for intended buyers. Funny biafrans

Kai, r u really a girl or a guy cos "YOU IS FUNNY...... YOU IS REALLY REALLY FUNNY"
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Goodinfo: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I thought you were talking about Wike. Then I looked again and saw N80 billion. Wike took N90 Billion. Big boyz things.
My guy thank you. Do you know that Gov Okowa of Delta State wanted to take more to do nothing from Zenith Bank if not for this ban. I pray FG should not compromise this order. Although I do not trust APC.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Walexsammy(m): 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
MisterGrace:

Do you really know the difference between former and latter?
read her post well, u'll understand
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by amaechi1: 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
Sweetlemon:

you are on point. Peculiar condition calls for peculiar actions. As good as comment some people will still rain insults or attack you before today.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by otokx(m): 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
Flexherbal:
I like this. Some state governors borrow more than they can payback. Although, it will affect even those who borrow such money for good reasons.

E be like Amaechi been give Wike expo so kudos to the Rivers people.
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by EdDave(m): 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
Despite all the nonsense perpetuated when NOI was finance minister, people are here praising. Just because she has a brilliant CV and is a world class economist doesn't stop her from being a liar and a crook.
At least, give Kemi till the end of this tenure b4 you people start comparing her with NOI who has been there since OBJ days.

Some of your arguments and comparisons on nairaland are just baseless.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by mikkypel(m): 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
4Play:

I am not surprised you put LOL at the end of your post as you must have been reeling with laughter at the sheer stupidity of your post. The person you are singing her praise was also the Commissioner of Finance for Ogun state for 4 years until 2015 and can you remind us whether Ogun state needed a bailout by the end of her tenure?

Had the FG's finances been mishandled as badly as states' finances, including Ogun's, the FG won't be in a position to be arranging a bailout for the states.

Ologbeni, Tables has turned, govt has changed, she is working under someone who is interested in the progress of the nation so her thinking, character, reasoning faculty must change.. She has to follow the positive trend and that is what she is doing.. No space to eat yam.. Who born u?

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by hysteriabox(m): 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
koboko69:

She was the ex. finance minister that you guys keep celebrating and glamoring for her to come back and supervise more lootings. That's what brought her into the matter. Or was she not the finance when states were taking all this frivolous loans?

hmm...ur posts give me concern...
I wasnt a fan of d last administration but i must admit dt NOI did her best to curb excessive spending and stamping out corruption. She came up with brilliant ideas(TSA, biometric data for civil workers, save for d future, removal of subsidy, etc) and advices, but she lacked a trusted boss, one with d needed spine to insist that those policies be adhered to. U think if PMB relaxes and lets anything slide, Adeosun's strategies/recommendations ll be heeded to? Its not about d finance minister, its about her boss having d political will to support her all d way.

Ehe...b4 anybody say wetin bring past administration come dis matter, read my comment well well first

1 Like

Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by Adminisher: 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
Flexherbal:
I like this. Some state governors borrow more than they can payback. Although, it will affect even those who borrow such money for good reasons.
Not just that. A number of them are people who have not run anything successful before in their lives, they buy over the houses of Assembly so the risk on the loan becomes even greater since there is no oversight on spending. So the bankers have essentially been loaning money to individuals - the state governors using the people of the state as collateral

This will make Nigerians more clever about who they put in office
Re: FG Bars States From Bank Loans by greatiyk4u(m): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
kenny987:
I'm happy with any thing that keeps d thieving fingers of our mostly dull governors from more loans expended on thrash projects or personal use.

Meaning you are indirectly happy with Buhari's administration.............time heals all wound

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Invasion: Richie Etonye Clarifies Himself, Says No Money Was Found Stolen / PDP Campaign Flagoff: Our Mission To Rescue, Rebuild Nigeria Has Begun - Saraki / Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.