Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Could You Start Up An Online Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Could You Start Up An Online Business? (35780 Views)

5 Types Of People Around You When You Start Making Money / 5 Real Online Business Opportunities You Can Start With 5000 Naira / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do Before You Start An Online Home Based Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could You Start Up An Online Business? by importexpert(m): 5:43am On Jun 15, 2016
For people who are afraid their jobs aren't going to last until they retire or are finding a hard time making ends meet, the dream is always some extra cash in the household and one possibly option for making that happen is to take a chance and start up your own online business. It's certainly one of the better choices available.

You have lots of business types to choose from, you can be a single product retailer or open an online store with a theme. You can use the internet to promote and extend a business you already have and best of all, because you can reach around the world with your idea, you can build your business around a niche interest that would never have survived as a brick and mortar business.

But I think that a lot a people are held back because they don't see themselves running an internet business. I wonder if it's the internet part or they just don't see themselves running a business at all. Other than having a lot of money behind you, starting up an online business doesn't require anything really different than starting up a regular business.

Oh yeah..you're wondering about that internet, programming, html thing? I'm guessing that a lot of people are and it holds them back, but it really shouldn't if you have any experience working on a computer already. So many new pieces of software are available to help you start an online business that you don't need to be a 'webmaster' any more.

If you're familiar with the programs in Microsoft Office - like Word and Excel and maybe even Power Point, you'll have enough experience and general know how to work with the site building software. It helps if you're also good at searching for things online, because it's a wonderful way to find answers. their are many free video guides on youtube about setting up ecommerece websites

even without knowing how to build your site, professional freelancers can help you in achieving that on upwork, elance, freelance etc at affordable prices.

Discipline and persistence are probably the two most valuable qualities. Even though there is nothing you need to learn that will likely prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, you might have to take a few runs at many things before you start to get it right. just accept the simple idea of learn, Learn and Learn. also implement all that which you have learned.

To make it work you need to be smarter than your average. You don't need to be a genius though. Determination, discipline and persistence are your allies. If you've never taken a risk in your life, chances are you're not about to start now. If you know a little bit about a lot of things and you'd like an attainable challenge, an online business start up might be for you.

confused about an online business to start? here are few ideas to for you to explore.

Online Mini Importation business
Affiliate Marketing
Freelancing
Information Marketing
Blogging
Online marketing and ads creation
Article Marketing etc. the list is endless.

as you travel into the world of the internet remember to make learning your best friend. i wish you success.
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by importexpert(m): 6:21am On Jun 15, 2016
you can see more of my hot business related threads here https://www.nairaland.com/2963335/join-success-team-mini-importers

1 Like

Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by importexpert(m): 6:48am On Jun 15, 2016
more of your business related questions are highly welcome
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by femiabiolajamb(f): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2016
importexpert:
you can see more of my hot business related threads here https://www.nairaland.com/2963335/join-success-team-mini-importers

my boss i fall in love with all your threads. God will surely make you bigger and better.
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by admindim: 9:54am On Jun 15, 2016
great
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by demo4ril97(m): 10:11am On Jun 15, 2016
Thank God I will get Mr. Bello's attention today Ramadan Kareem to all Muslim brothers.

God bless PMB, Seun, and Nigeria at large
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by demo4ril97(m): 10:16am On Jun 15, 2016
importexpert:

oga can I have your import guide for free, jazakumalahiairan brother.
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by GoldenJulius(m): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2016
Nice one. Thanks Op
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by techmart(m): 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nice post as usual
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
For Years now i Trade Forex and i be Successful.. Online businesses Rocks 100%
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by kianoe4400(m): 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nice one op.. How can I contact you, am very much interested in your guidance..
Thqnks
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by Ochinex(m): 6:22am On Jun 16, 2016
Am into Blogging. How can I get Business Online.
Chinnex..com
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by Eyinimofe22: 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
For more business idea inspiration, check out a great post that lists 101 online and offline Nigerian business ideas you can start here https://startupdemands.com/2016/05/13/101-nigerian-business-ideas/

Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by Eyinimofe22: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
check out this post on how to fund your business idea here: https://startupdemands.com/2016/06/15/funding-your-business-idea-bootstrapping/

Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by duduKING(m): 5:37am On Jun 17, 2016
NEW VIDEO

Touch Not My Annointed -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDZq8xwQ6r0
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by ybalogs(m): 5:54am On Jun 17, 2016
Looking like online business wants to take over these days. Too many fraud online has really made it less attractive. How do one recognize a really good online biz?
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by kasson(m): 5:59am On Jun 17, 2016
Nice one. Affiliate Marketing is good if you want to make money online fast.

Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by vanessaeze: 10:01am On Jun 17, 2016
Nice one

Are you wishing to go out without having to apply a lip stain or lipstick and wish to go out with your lips looking pink?

Are you often embarrassed because you have a very dark lip even though you don't smoke or a smoker and wish to have clear and pink looking lip?

You have your answer, Nessa's pink lip balm.

Made of natural ingredients such as, Honey, Beetroots, Strawberry extract, Shea Butter, coconut oil. Olive oil,etc.
The balm is totally safe and free from any hazardous side effects.

WhatsApp or call 08188262617 to get yours now.
Available to those buying in bulk. Available in 2 flavors milk and strawberry. Order now.
Price :2000
Delivery around Lagos ;1000
✅✔✔ outside Lagos; 2000
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by androsurf: 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
Great write up...

Are you looking for a way to promote your product/service/company/business/website/blog?
Worry no more, have got the solution just for , Unique Video Marketing.

This is a video advert I made for DEEDEESBLOG (A lifestyle website...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvItAkrbE9s

You can check some of my work and clients testimony by following this thread >>>https://www.nairaland.com/3093128/nairalanders-video-advert-nairaland-order

This method of advertisement will market your businesses both online and offline till kingdom come...

If you ever need me to help you make a video advert for your products/services/blogs/companies/websites e.t.c, just for a token, contact me ===> Myvideoadverts at gmail.com
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by drgabrielonline: 1:37am On Jun 18, 2016
Register today to get 20% off on school fees for first 300 Students.

http://www.esaeuniversity.com/profile/register/

Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by akashi01(m): 4:56am On Jun 18, 2016
Ochinex:
Am into Blogging. How can I get Business Online.

Chinnex..com

You can buy a Hosted adsense account for your blog. I have one for sale
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by ikbnice(m): 5:50am On Jun 19, 2016
akashi01:

You can buy a Hosted adsense account for your blog. I have one for sale
at what price sir?
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by ikbnice(m): 5:51am On Jun 19, 2016
RicardozRichard:
For Years now i Trade Forex and i be Successful.. Online businesses Rocks 100%
I have traded forex so I know how risky it is.

2 Likes

Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by ikbnice(m): 5:52am On Jun 19, 2016
kasson:
Nice one. Affiliate Marketing is good if you want to make money online fast.
how do one go about it.
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 19, 2016
Business name registration is an important aspect of setting up businesses in the country. Ventures/ Enterprises, Companies, Churches, Non- governmental organizations (N.G.Os) Clubs, Schools, Association and so on are usually registered under Companies and Allied Matters ACT, 1990 by Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C)[/ b]Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C). The process of registering business can very tedious and stressful at time but if you are working with an accredited agent you can have your certificate in 3-4weeks. For newbies filling themselves, you may have your documents queried, rejected and have to wait for so long before you get your certificate so you have to understand the processes involve and the legal requirement in registering your Companies(LTD, PLC and UnlimitedLC), churches, NGO and so on. [b]Steps required for registering Ventures / Enterprises: 1. Apply For Name Search (If approved, u proceed to next step otherwise you re-apply again) 2. Get business Registration form for filing, (Fill details of proprietor(s), address of business, date of commencement, etc. Note: Some documents may be required during filling depending on the nature of the business such as proficiency certificates, membership certificate or license document etc. 3. Get your certificate with Certified True Copies in two (2) weeks after filing. If queried or CAC request for re-validation, u may have to repeat some process. Steps required for registering Companies in Nigeria (Example: Limited Company) 1. Apply For Name Search (If approved, u proceed to next step otherwise you re-apply again) 2. Get Set of Forms (CAC 2, CAC 2.1, CAC 3, CAC 7 …) 3. Prepare a Memorandum of Association (MoA) and Article of Association (AoA) ( You need a lawyer to do this for you or an experienced CAC accredited agent) 4. Apply for Stamp Duty at FIRS office with your Share Capital and MoA & AoA Documents (It takes about three days to process) 5. Fill your set of forms ( attached are Copies of ID card of directors and company Secretary, or any other documents depending on your business objects) 6. Submit the forms with MoA & AoA and other documents. Then get your certificate in two weeks after filing. See images of Registered Company Certificate and Memorandum and Article of association Stamped by FIRS For any other information or support on registering your Enterprise, company, Church, NGO and so on, Call: 07046492047 or 07015530202
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by akashi01(m): 9:51am On Jun 19, 2016
ikbnice:
at what price sir?
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by Trippledots(m): 10:42am On Jun 19, 2016
admindim:
great

@ur signature how much for ur 200ahr battery and whays their technical details...like flooded or gel, deep or shallow cycle etc.
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by fridayj(m): 4:55am On Jun 22, 2016
God bless nigeria..no dougt i am at the right place.with mr bello stewardship topics i'm convicted that rear patriotic nigerian are stil around. Pls want to be ur friend. Bulus Friday
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
ikbnice:
I have traded forex so I know how risky it is.
Look like its the past for you , i still trade forex and am doing better at it because i figure out the true secret stragedy of it.
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by ikbnice(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
RicardozRichard:

Look like its the past for you , i still trade forex and am doing better at it because i figure out the true secret stragedy of it.
what's the secret probably I could go back to trading.
Re: Could You Start Up An Online Business? by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 24, 2016
ikbnice:
what's the secret probably I could go back to trading.
grin grin grin Whatsapp me +233545848178

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cosmas Maduka Hails Stanley Uzochukwu For Repaying ₦150m Loan Without Agreement / Wazobia Investment Has Crashed PHOTOS / New Fraud In Town! Samarium Care. Please Beware Of These Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.