Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (2900 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Surprise Book Presentation On Pastor Adeboye In Pix With AgPresident, OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Gombs(m): 8:26am On Jun 15, 2016

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18).

Over the years, the Church of Jesus Christ has continued to wax stronger and stronger, marching on in glory, regardless of the many persecutions and oppositions orchestrated against it by the adversary. The Church has remained unstoppable to this day, and will remain so for all time, because the Lord meant it when He said, “…I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18).

The word “Gates” is symbolic in prophetic language for “power and dominion.” So, the powers of hell, the dominion of hell, shall not, and cannot prevail against the Church. It doesn’t matter what they do. The Church, right from inception, has survived and endured many terrible persecutions. There have been kings who threatened to annihilate the Church. Some even boasted that when they were through with the Church, history would not remember that it ever existed. But the Church has out-lived them all.

The Church will always have the victory. It’ll crush every opposition, and conquer everyone who ever stands against it. That’s the blessing upon the Church. The Lord Jesus said to Saul of Tarsus when he was persecuting the Church, “…it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks” (Acts 26:14). Then, in Luke 20:18, He said, “Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.”

The Church of Jesus Christ isn’t a human organization; it is, in fact, a living thing, and it’s indestructible. It doesn’t matter the onslaught of evil and wickedness against the Church from Satan and wicked and unreasonable men, nothing can stall or hinder the growth and impact of the Church around the world. There isn’t enough fear, unbelief, doubt, or persecutions that can prevail against the Church.

Being born again, you belong to the Church, and you’re indestructible. Victory is yours, no matter what happens with you. You may be in the deepest “dungeon” even now; right there, declare, “Greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world.” The Word is guaranteed to put you over and bring you out in victory. Hallelujah!

Confession...
I belong to Christ; in Him I live, and move and have my being. No evil shall befall me; neither shall any plague come near my dwelling. I’m strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and any tongue that rises against me in judgment is condemned, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/51#46584339

4 Likes

Re: The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by ValentineMary(m): 9:37am On Jun 15, 2016
This one dey joke? :-/ In Iceland recently christianity was termed a public hazard, in Mexico (one of the most catholic nation on earth) the rise in christianity is about 1% while that of irreligious is about 5%· The total number of irreligious is now about 1billion. Keep deceiving yourself. Christianity is slowly dying and would soon reach it's end just like the Greek mythology. grin

1 Like

Re: The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Gombs(m): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2016
ValentineMary:
This one dey joke? :-/ In Iceland recently christianity was termed a public hazard, in Mexico (one of the most catholic nation on earth) the rise in christianity is about 1% while that of irreligious is about 5%· The total number of irreligious is now about 1billion. Keep deceiving yourself. Christianity is slowly dying and would soon reach it's end just like the Greek mythology. grin

Kings and Rulers said same many years ago... You're not the first to think this way. I don't even want to debate the Mexico part with you... We both know you're lying.

... The gates of hell shall NEVER prevail. That's a sovereign declaration by Almighty God.

1 Like

Re: The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by ValentineMary(m): 11:10am On Jun 15, 2016
Gombs:

Kings and Rulers said same many years ago... You're not the first to think this way. I don't even want to debate the Mexico part with you... We both know you're lying.

... The gates of hell shall NEVER prevail. That's a sovereign declaration by Almighty God.
You want link I know the truth hurts so start getting used to it
Re: The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Gombs(m): 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
ValentineMary:

You want link I know the truth hurts so start getting used to it

Open a thread and invite me
Re: The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by BethelD1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
We are His Church , we are indestructible for the enemy in Jesus name. Amen

Thank you Pastor Chris and may Jehovah Almighty increase your annoiting amen

1 Like

Re: The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by ValentineMary(m): 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
Gombs:

Open a thread and invite me
I did that some time ago. Visit my profile.
Re: The Church Is Marching On - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Gombs(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
ValentineMary:

I did that some time ago. Visit my profile.

I'd take that as a NO.

Thanks for stopping by

(1) (Reply)

The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" / PROVERBS 3 Vs 9-10 !!!!!!!! PROVES That U Should Pay Tithe / Pope Francis Sends Letter To The Bishops Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.