Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel (15699 Views)

What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? / Nigeria Immigration Service Decorates Newly Promoted Officers-photos / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
cool
Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
iswallker:
“I’m not going to recruit those who protest, I’m not going to recruit those who shout, I want to recruit those who have good legs and good behavior,” he added

good legs... can someone explain...

He however, pointed out that the Service will have to carry out security tests on each of them before they could be reconsidered while those who will eventually get the job will have to get it on merit.

the comptroller used style to tell them to reapply though... cheesy

Good legs means someone without flat foot. It is a form of deformity. Most uniform service don't employ people with flat foot.
Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by wawaboy1(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
good leg abi LONG LEG

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by skomolayo(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
We guarantee profit trading your forex account for you!
Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by noeloge82(m): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
U see double standard
Now our Hon Minister for labour will not withdraw d operating license of Immigration but will do so for private sector
What a country
Thatitan234:
Prior to yesterday's protests by affected NIS personnel, as found here www.nairaland.com/3168096/2000-suspended-immigration-personnel-protest

TODAY
The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Mohammad Babandede has promised to reinstate the 2000 dismissed recruits after being laid off almost a year ago.

The CG made the promise on Tuesday while addressing the dismissed personnel who were protesting their “unlawful dismissal” at the Ministry of Interior, Abuja.

He said “Those who gave you job gave it to you wrongly but it’s not your fault. We must consider you for this job as soon as we can. Those who gave it to you have no authority to give it to you by law.”

He however, pointed out that the Service will have to carry out security tests on each of them before they could be reconsidered while those who will eventually get the job will have to get it on merit.

“I’m not going to recruit those who protest, I’m not going to recruit those who shout, I want to recruit those who have good legs and good behavior,” he added.

The 2000 personnel were employed by a presidential committee in 2015 following botched March 2014 recruitment exercise where many candidates died and many more sustained injuries.

The House of Representative had in April, 2016 ordered their immediate reinstatement but a source in the Ministry of Interior told Daily Trust that only President Buhari could effect the legislators’ directive.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/immigration-service-to-reinstate-2000-sacked-personnel/151208.html

Did u see the line that sad good legs
Just take note majority of the 2000 will not be re absorbed
Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by idris4r83(m): 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
Congratulations in advance to the officers

1 Like

Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by Philipsdael(m): 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
Why is this current government so foolish n confuse.
how can u suspend these guys for more than a year and remain silent when u know mandate has been given for their reinstatement by the house of Assembly.
if they didn't go through the challenges in this hard time to have protested , the immigration service and this CG won't have come out to sound like he is the hero.
foolish people occupying positions .
shiiiiiit hole of a country

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by gungab(m): 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
happy for them, my friend kenny must hear this

1 Like

Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
blacktwist:
thank God...prayer answered
u mean u believed him alreadyso u didn't read d last paragraph
Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by AreaFada2: 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2016
Buhari, throwing out the baby with bathwater since 1983. tongue shocked
Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by blazeee: 8:54am On Jun 16, 2016
Really happy for the officers
Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by omokunbi: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2016
Mr CG, please help us send laminate materials to NIS offices around the country. My passport in Ogun State has been produced weeks ago but i can't collect it due to unavailability of laminate for the data page. Please stop all this blabbing and send materials to your various state offices so the new recruits too can have materials to work with.. Abeg I need that passport ASAP
Thatitan234:
Prior to yesterday's protests by affected NIS personnel, as found here www.nairaland.com/3168096/2000-suspended-immigration-personnel-protest

TODAY
The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Mohammad Babandede has promised to reinstate the 2000 dismissed recruits after being laid off almost a year ago.

The CG made the promise on Tuesday while addressing the dismissed personnel who were protesting their “unlawful dismissal” at the Ministry of Interior, Abuja.

He said “Those who gave you job gave it to you wrongly but it’s not your fault. We must consider you for this job as soon as we can. Those who gave it to you have no authority to give it to you by law.”

“I’m not going to recruit those who protest, I’m not going to recruit those who shout, I want to recruit those who have good legs and good behavior,” he added.

The 2000 personnel were employed by a presidential committee in 2015 following botched March 2014 recruitment exercise where many candidates died and many more sustained injuries.

The House of Representative had in April, 2016 ordered their immediate reinstatement but a source in the Ministry of Interior told Daily Trust that only President Buhari could effect the legislators’ directive.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/immigration-service-to-reinstate-2000-sacked-personnel/151208.html

Re: Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel by cuteboy2: 7:21am On Jun 17, 2016
Built2last:
oga comptroller, what do you mean by ''Good legs'' that's discriminatory

Babes with fine legs naaaa.

Sampling tinz. Oga Comptroller must "sample". You must pass the d**k test angry angry

These people are so brazen. We are finished in this country

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals Faster As A Nigerian / Zenith Bank's Employment / How To Write Good CV With No Work Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.