Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! (3158 Views)

Keke Now Completely Banned In Owerri / Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan / Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Inani(m): 11:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
That's a Christian student behind and a Muslim student with Obama in the same American public school. Osun CAN think twice. Tolerance is the key word

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by adconline(m): 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
It's good to cite American exceptionalism when you are the anticipated beneficiary.. Are those folks who are ready to kill and maim just because it's alleged that blasphemy has been committed again their God going to be tolerant?
It's high time Nigeria did away with any religious favoritism!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Tolexander: 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
All forms of religious practice should be banned!

If anyone wanna practise any religious practice, he/she should go and do that in his/her father's house!

Hijab kó, abeti aja ni!

17 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by gists: 11:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
Inani:
That's a Christian student behind and a Muslim
student with Obama in the same American
public school. Osun CAN think twice.
Tolerance is the key word
I am a muslim but in this case, I am sorry I do not want to follow america sheepishly. We have a court system in this country, and I strongly believe we should just do whatever the court says. There is no bagga that can force the students to remove the scarf if the court says hijab should stay. Similarly, if the court says the hijab should go, well - so be it. Period. There is no reason why we should sensationalize this issue IMO

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by greenify: 11:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
adconline:
It's good to cite Americab exceptionalism when you are the anticipated beneficiary.. Are those folks who are ready to kill and maim just because is alleged to blasphemy their God going to be tolerant?
It's high time Nigeria did away with any religious favoritism!!
Nobody is telling you not to where your hijab. But telling us is your right to where it in public school is what we are against. Christians school for that matter. Nobody can try what u are displaying in muslim schools.
There is no amount of explanations that will enter your head because your hear has been blocked by d demons.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by SuperS1Panther: 11:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
I do not know why you are making the fuss about this hijab of a thing.

This is about upholding the religious right of every child, as entrenched in the constitution, in accordance with Justice Falola's verdict.

It is the right of a muslim girl to wear her hijab, as stipulated by her faith. If the xtian girl feels it is her right to wear sultana, or fila isegun or choir robe, as stipulated by her faith too, so be it. If the Osun worshipper's child feels it is her religious right to tie white robe to school with whitish paint or powder on her face as her religion stipulates, she is covered by the same constitution.

The financially reckless goatie of a Governor does not have any right or whatsoever to expel any child, for enforcing his or her fundamental human right. The schools are not his father's schools and every child can wear whatever that suit their faith to those schools.

Hijab will not disturb the excellent academic performance of Mary, likewise choir robe will not disturb the superlative academic performance of Osunbunmi and white robe of Osun worshippers will not disturb the stellar academic perfomance of Wosilatu.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Osu175(m): 11:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
Oga thats not even a hijab, but a scarf she use to tie round her neck.

5 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by MadamExcellency: 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
gists:

I am a muslim but in this case, I am sorry I do not want to follow america sheepishly. We have a court system in this country, and I strongly believe we should just do whatever the court says. There is no bagga that can force the students to remove the scarf if the court says hijab should stay. Similarly, if the court says the hijab should go, well - so be it. Period. There is no reason why we should sensationalize this issue IMO

The court has ruled that religious dress codes are permitted in Schools.

Muslims obeyed by wearing the hijab
Christians obeyed by wearing choir robe.
Now, it is left for traditional worshipers to come with their painted faces and mascots.

If the Governor can't assimilate and accommodate the in-depth of the court ruling, let him separate the Schools and allow status-quo-ante.

Aragbesola is the problem here. He set aside the counsels of the elders while running along with childish myopia by merging the schools thereby destabilizing existing graveyard peace in the State.

Obeying court order entails allowing whatever religious dressing code in school without discrimination or preference to any sect.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by adconline(m): 12:04am On Jun 16, 2016
greenify:
Nobody is telling you not to where your hijab. But telling us is your right to where it in public school is what we are against. Christians school for that matter. Nobody can try what u are displaying in muslim schools.
There is no amount of explanations that will enter your head because your hear has been blocked by d demons.
Naija youths perish because they lack comprehension skills!!
Go back and re-read my post. Those asking others to be tolerant aren't not going to extend the same tolerance to someone when it's alleged that he/she has run afoul of their religion.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by SuperS1Panther: 12:10am On Jun 16, 2016
MadamExcellency:

The court has ruled that religious dress codes are permitted in Schools.

Muslims obeyed by wearing the hijab
Christians obeyed by wearing choir robe.
Now, it is left for traditional worshipers to come with their painted faces and mascots.

If the Governor can't assimilate and accommodate the in-depth of the court ruling, let him separate the school and allow status-que-ante.

Aragbesola is the problem here. He set aside the counsels of the elders while running along with childish myopia by merging the schools thereby destabilizing existing graveyard peace in the State.

Obeying court order entails allowing whatever religious dressing code in school without discrimination or preference to any sect.

Thank you.

The Elders warned him about all these when he was merging schools of different faiths together. In his usual 'na-me-sabi-everything attitude'', he ignored eveybody. Report even has it that he slapped his deputy over the matter.

Before he became Gov, students have been going to school peaceful. He started the initial madness of using tax payers money to sew a dressing of a particular faith. When he was threatened with law suit, he had to back track.

The same fanatical Gov mandated police to be beating ladies that are dressed ''indecently''. The question was he should show us where a dress code was described in the constitution. He had to back down on that too. Ladies were being humiliated and beaten up by police based on the mandate the Ayatollah Gov gave them, as if we are in Afghanistan or Somalia or Iran.

My cousin even told me a story of a lady in Ife that was stopped on an Okada and the police asked the Okadaman to be sucking her breasts because she dressed "indecently ". Sincerely I do not know how true the story was.

He is nothing but a person that would have love to be the Ayatollah of the State. No wonder he changed the name of the state to State of Osun, wasting public funds unnecessarily on change of office stationaries, logos etc. He enforced same uniform on all the students as if students were not wearing uniform before he came, just in his effort to enrich his cronies that he gave the school uniform contract too.

Opon Imo, student tablet, that he made so much noise about was a monumental mega fraud that he used to enrich his son to the tune of billions of naira.

His financial recklessness is legendary and running the state into a bankruptcy status did not come as a surprise to some of us. He was borrowing money for projects and funds were disappearing and projects were never completed.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by mikolo80: 2:14am On Jun 16, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
I do not know why you are making the fuss about this hijab of a thing.

This is about upholding the religious right of every child, as entrenched in the constitution, in accordance with Justice Falola's verdict.

It is the right of a muslim girl to wear her hijab, as stipulated by her faith. If the xtian girl feels it is her right to wear sultana, or fila isegun or choir robe, as stipulated by her faith too, so be it. If the Osun worshipper's child feels it is her religious right to tie white robe to school with whitish paint or powder on her face as her religion stipulates, she is covered by the same constitution.

The financially reckless goatie of a Governor does not have any right or whatsoever to expel any child, for enforcing his or her fundamental human right. The schools are not his father's schools and every child can wear whatever that suit their faith to those schools.

Hijab will not disturb the excellent academic performance of Mary, likewise choir robe will not disturb the superlative academic performance of Osunbunmi and white robe of Osun worshippers will not disturb the stellar academic perfomance of Wosilatu.
it is my right to walk the streets with my dikk hanging out as stipulated by my faith.
Oya talk na
Mary's debating skilled will be hampered by the clear and present danger that the hijab poses.
She cannot speak her mind for fear of reprisals
Say no to outward gang signs and dress code

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by mikki123(m): 2:54am On Jun 16, 2016
Ban this thing, before it snowball into real crisis. Aregbesola has an hiding agenda.

3 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by mikki123(m): 3:09am On Jun 16, 2016
Justice Falola should be investigated, I'm very sure he was bribed..
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by lat78: 3:12am On Jun 16, 2016
why should Hijab be ban?
I dnt knw why ppl will continue to Victimise Islam and still call it names. If they say Hijab is allowed in Skul, atleast it is for muslim student and not for all so I see no reason why CAN should be cvrying foul... Use it if u are interested not ALL student must use it, so why his CAN making noise, I didn't even expected that from them, Why are the against it. I knw some ppl will want to say things abt this but before u talk, let me ask u; HAV u ever seen any Muslim group condemning the use of Berret in Skuls?? NO. And it has been in use for several yrs.. Islam is a religion of peace which dnt victimise but which has a very pious culture which if evry1 can adhere to, the world will become a better place

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Adewummy007: 3:38am On Jun 16, 2016
No one is banning Hijab in Osun state. If you like wear full Hijab it none of my business. The argument is wearing Hijab to Christian missionary schools.
You want tolerance
Will muslim permit me to wear my shoe into their mosque.
Respect is Reciprocal

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Adewummy007: 3:47am On Jun 16, 2016
1. Prior to merger of schools in Osun State please how many public schools use Hijab as official school uniform in Osun State?
2. Prior to court judgment how many public school students wear Hijab to school?
3. Is Hijab used to take WAEC, NECO and other official passports (international passport)

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by kayyusuf: 5:28am On Jun 16, 2016
Osu175:
Oga thats not even a hijab, but a scarf she use to tie round her neck.
oga thats a hijab not a scarf. it is just a short one
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by nigerianvenom(m): 5:47am On Jun 16, 2016
lat78:
why should Hijab be ban?
I dnt knw why ppl will continue to Victimise Islam and still call it names. If they say Hijab is allowed in Skul, atleast it is for muslim student and not for all so I see no reason why CAN should be cvrying foul... Use it if u are interested not ALL student must use it, so why his CAN making noise, I didn't even expected that from them, Why are the against it. I knw some ppl will want to say things abt this but before u talk, let me ask u; HAV u ever seen any Muslim group condemning the use of Berret in Skuls?? NO. And it has been in use for several yrs.. Islam is a religion of peace which dnt victimise but which has a very pious culture which if evry1 can adhere to, the world will become a better place

Islam is the problem of the world. Islam has never bin peaceful, stop deceiving urself.
Which Islamic country is peaceful to itself. Is it Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya, Saudi Arabia, etc?
What is peaceful about a religion whose adherence go on killing spree once their religious idols are bin allegedly blasphem. Have u ever heard of any other religion whose adherence killed for their God?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by babdap: 5:51am On Jun 16, 2016
Why are people calling for the head of Justice Falola when there is an Appeal Court, if you are not Contended with his ruling CAN should be approaching an higher court. What are they teaching their children? Is it to dis obey constituted authorities? Does Christianity teaches that? How do you want these children to be Doctors, lawyers, Engineers etc when you are teaching them not to be law abiding. Beret can be use in all Christians schools while hijab can be use in Government n community owned schools should be the agitation of CAN rather than teaching their wards lawlessness.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by favouritesahaba: 6:06am On Jun 16, 2016
This is pure religious intolerance!!

These are the same people who accused Muslims of intolerance even when they abuse their Allah, their prophet, tear their Qur'an and call them all sort of name.

Muslim leaders will still condemn people who took laws into their hand but see CAN!

In this case, nobody did anything to you. They only went to court to seek redress on their religious right, CAN turned it to drama.

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by babajeje123(m): 6:17am On Jun 16, 2016
Here we are again proving irrelevance. I don't know who is saying Muslims should not wrap themselves from head to toes in Osun if they like. What we are saying a big No to is wearing of hijab in schools, especially schools with antecedents in Christianity. Muslims can wear hijab throughout their lifetime, but not in schools with uniforms as hijab was never a part of school uniform. Else, they should go to muslim schools.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Welcomme: 6:36am On Jun 16, 2016
In Sokoto where I am serving, in all govt school, all student both christian and Muslims must and I repeat must wear Hijab, not just short hijab but the very very long one. My question is, since Nigeria is a secular state, y is Sokoto state govt forcing all student in respective of ur religion and belief to wear hijab. U need to see christian girls in that thing, they dont feel comfortable in it but they hav no choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by dubemnaija: 6:41am On Jun 16, 2016
Mumu op dosent know the difference between hijab and scarf
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 16, 2016
favouritesahaba:
This is pure religious intolerance!!

These are the same people who accused Muslims of intolerance even when they abuse their Allah, their prophet, tear their Qur'an and call them all sort of name.

Muslim leaders will still condemn people who took laws into their hand but see CAN!

In this case, nobody did anything to you. They only went to court to seek redress on their religious right, CAN turned it to drama.

What a shame.
What do you mean by religious rights? If everyone starts demanding for such, do you know the level of division and confusion it will cause? If you really want to uphold your religious beliefs educationally, why not attend a strictly Islamic school? Why bring your religion and its beliefs to disturb a public place? What if a traditional believer places several beads on her waist, neck ankles and wrists to school, don't you think that would look weird? What if a student says his religion permits him not to wear a shirt to school, can you tolerate that? What if a secondary school student decides not to wear shorts or even pant to school cos his religion permits such, will your Islamic sisters not be irritated by the sight?

Aregbesola is only calling for his own head and a death to his political career if this continues, cos no one will assign him to a higher office knowing his extremist antecedents. He has no right to expel any student going to school with religious attire on top their school uniform cos it is their religious right as stipulated by justice falola.

What is good for the geese is also good for the gander.

3 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Alokendra(m): 7:17am On Jun 16, 2016
Adewummy007:
No one is banning Hijab in Osun state. If you like wear full Hijab it none of my business. The argument is wearing Hijab to Christian missionary schools.
You want tolerance
Respect is Reciprocal

Exactly. There's a reason why it is called Uniform.
Uniform:
adjectiveUnvarying; all the same.Consistent; conforming to onestandard.

Muslims cause problem everywhere they have a presence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by AbdH: 7:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Adewummy007:
1. Prior to merger of schools in Osun State please how many public schools use Hijab as official school uniform in Osun State?
2. Prior to court judgment how many public school students wear Hijab to school?
3. Is Hijab used to take WAEC, NECO and other official passports (international passport)

1. Some schools did.
2. See 1 above.
3. Yes!
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by AbdH: 7:43am On Jun 16, 2016
Alokendra:

Exactly. There's a reason why it is called Uniform.
Uniform:
adjectiveUnvarying; all the same.Consistent; conforming to onestandard.

Muslims cause problem everywhere they have a presence.

Going by your definition, boys and girls should wear the same uniform either by making all boys wear skirts and blouses or make girls wear trousers and shirts like their male counterparts. Uniforms are meant to accommodate differences hence the court's ruling that the hijabs should be of the same colour with the uniforms.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Histrings08(m): 7:47am On Jun 16, 2016
This is pure madness... All what they understand is violence nd nothing else nd they'll be shouting they're all bout peace... They'd already know that wearing hijab to a Christian school will stir up hostilities Buh they'll do it anyway cos that's who they're (troubled sets of being).. Pls folks just drop this argument or they'll come nd stab u on ur sleep... Quote me at ur own peril

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by favouritesahaba: 7:56am On Jun 16, 2016
If they think it is their right, let them go to court. Is church robe a daily thing? Is traditional dress a daily thing? Why not face the reality? You know that this schools were merged by the government. The students has no blame and has their right. SCHOOL UNIFORM WAS SET BY CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES WHY DID THEY FORGET CHURCH ROBE AS PART OF UNIFORM

[.quote author=bloodyBLOGGER post=46615893]What do you mean by religious rights? If everyone starts demanding for such, do you know the level of division and confusion it will cause? If you really want to uphold your religious beliefs educationally, why not attend a strictly Islamic school? Why bring your religion and its beliefs to disturb a public place? What if a traditional believer places several beads on her waist, neck ankles and wrists to school, don't you think that would look weird? What if a student says his religion permits him not to wear a shirt to school, can you tolerate that? What if a secondary school student decides not to wear shorts or even pant to school cos his religion permits such, will your Islamic sisters not be irritated by the sight?

Aregbesola is only calling for his own head and a death to his political career if this continues, cos no one will assign him to a higher office knowing his extremist antecedents. He has no right to expel any student going to school with religious attire on top their school uniform cos it is their religious right as stipulated by justice falola.

What is good for the geese is also good for the gander. [/quote]
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2016
favouritesahaba:
If they think it is their right, let them go to court. Is church robe a daily thing? Is traditional dress a daily thing? Why not face the reality? You know that this schools were merged by the government. The students has no blame and has their right. SCHOOL UNIFORM WAS SET BY CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES WHY DID THEY FORGET CHURCH ROBE AS PART OF UNIFORM

there is no need to go to court. The state government should allow other religions to have their own rights given too. They should read the court judgment to mean religious tolerance should be adhered to in school dress code.

The solution is for others to be allowed to enjoy what the muslims enjoy or return to status quo which means the merging should be cancelled, since it is confusion.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by Alphaoscar: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2016
Adewummy007:
You want tolerance
Respect is Reciprocal

Those schools are public schools been financed with public money . The schools were established by the missionaries (Muslim and Christian) but they were taken over decades ago and they have remained public properties since then .

Or is it the Church that is paying the salaries , recruiting teachers , renovating the classrooms , building new ones . Even the land on which those schools are situated are public lands.

When the schools are bad you all remember to blame the government not the missionaries . The can leaders should just stop behaving like touts and head to the appeal court to appeal the damn judgement.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Osun ?, America As An Example ! by newbornmacho(m): 8:00am On Jun 16, 2016
Welcomme:
In Sokoto where I am serving, in all govt school, all student both christian and Muslims must and I repeat must wear Hijab, not just short hijab but the very very long one. My question is, since Nigeria is a secular state, y is Sokoto state govt forcing all student in respective of ur religion and belief to wear hijab. U need to see christian girls in that thing, they dont feel comfortable in it but they hav no choice.
are you sure? That shouldn't be. CAN should take that up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Niger Delta Avengers Was Formed – Cynthia Whyte Reveals More Inside Details / Peter Obi Spotted Walking On Bourdilion Rd In Ikoyi Without Security Detail.PICS / Opinion Poll Shows Overwhelming Igbo Majority Wants Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.