Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? (1569 Views)

Shattered Bodies Of Two Suicide Bombers In Jiddari, Maiduguri (Graphic Photos) / 3 Female Suicide Bombers Killed In Maiduguri This Morning (Graphic Photos) / Dogs Prevent 2 Male Suicide Bombers From Attacking University Chapel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by Ofoegbus(m): 9:18am On Jan 16, 2017
It is obvious that most suicide bomb attack in Nigeria are carried out by Muslim Bokoharam girls wearing Hijab. The Maiduguri Twin bomb blast in December where more than 30 people lost their lives and even the recent bomb blast today at University of Maiduguri.

Government has been calling for the banning of Hijab but the Muslim council has refused this move claiming that Hijab is one of the most important aspect of islam.

Is Hijab now important than the Human lives lost on daily basis due to Bomb blast?
Mr President Buhari has been silence over this issue like the way he has been quiet over southern Kaduna killing.

Your Opinion - Should Hijab be banned in Nigeria?
Source : http://www.askngn.com/banning-of-muslim-hijab-in-northern-nigeria/

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by sanandreas(m): 11:12am On Jan 16, 2017
Long ones should be banned
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by freeze001(f): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2017
According to Prof Ishaq Oloyede: No o! I would rather they enforce strict niqquab usage for all female muslims not just hijab so they can truly practice what mohammed has commanded. Loss of lives is immaterial because it is greater haram for a woman's figure to ever be seen in true islam. It will amount to an attack against islamic practices!
undecided cry

The mindset of bigots that have no regard for human life! In a sane country there wouldn't have to be any debate about this but with ppl like Ishaq...

2 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by maclatunji: 11:48am On Jan 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by WorldRichest: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
I am a Muslim. Government cannot control how people worship their God, no government can do that. There is freedom of association and religion. If your own religion allows you to be half nakked to your place of worship and start taking Selfies while the pastor is preaching, that is your business. But, I can dress the way my religion dictates, no government can regulate how I dress.

But, as for this Niqquab and Hijab, I'm sorry, I think, em, em, em, I think it should be suspended at least until the Security situation improves. . One man or group of peoples's right should not infringe on other people's right. There is free of religion, but you can only practice your religion when there is Security. Check the people killed in University of Maiduguri mosque, they are fellow Muslims too, banning of full covering for women could have saved these people's lives.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by Nasman(m): 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
Well, a ban on Hijab cant never be enforced in Nigeria. So, don't waste your time. You will never have support within the Muslim Community to lead the campaign. And Muslim Politicians in Country, will dare not to support this campaign. Take it or leave, Nigerian Society lack the ball to make this inhumane act.
A Democratic Government have no business in the way it citizen dress. Where is the freedom? If government can dictate how we dress.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by Odingo1: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
Sensible countries have ban hijab since,eg,Tunisia,morroco,Cameroon, Niger and other Muslim countries,Hijab is a dressing meant for Arabs living in desert and also Arab men because of dust,it is cultural.Israelis also wear covering clothes because of desert wind blown sand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by babyphaze07(m): 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
Religion is responsible for killings of several innocent souls....Christianity and Islam taking the front seat. Hijab is for the Arabians. Mohammed never thought other countries weather will be like Saudi...so he said wearing hijab is a virtue of Islam. Have the Jews and other Arabians not covering their head before advent of Islam. You people will condemn wearing hijab when you lost a family member to suicide bomber. Either you like it or not, religion is a killer.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by jiinxed: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
It should be banned only in the east. The northerners can keep bombing themselves into oblivion.

3 Likes

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by ckmayoca: 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
No in the north yes in the south.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by ckmayoca: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
I remember a day I went to a gynea clinic to meet someone, as I was sitted beside the person, 2 women came in with full black hijab and sat opp me and placing their hand bags under the seat they sat on, I tapped the lady I went to meet and moved like 10meters away from them(hijab ladies), the women look at me and other people close to them looked at me and stylishly did same thing. Who wan die?.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by Jakumo(m): 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
ckmayoca:
I remember a day I went to a gynea clinic to meet someone, as I was sitted beside the person, 2 women came in with full black hijab and sat opp me and placing their hand bags under the seat they sat on, I tapped the lady I went to meet and moved like 10meters away from them(hijab ladies), the women look at me and other people close to them looked at me and stylishly did same thing. Who wan die?.

You would have done better to leave the building entirely as a precaution. At just ten meters from the blast zone, your relatives would only have been able to salvage pieces of your shirt to bury when the smoke cleared. Wetting you self find go for toto doctor office ? Abi you wan go learn apprentice for that kind work ?

My advice is that you FLEE whenever possible upon sighting any humanoid figure wearing a Batman costume, ANYWHERE. While awaiting a connecting flight in a European airport lounge some time back, I was alarmed to see an Arab woman, dressed in those nasty black robes, get up and walk away from a large bag. I wasted no time in alerting a passing security man, who checked the bag contents and determined them to be harmless. Were that same woman dressed in normal Western attire, I would not have placed her under such careful watch, and would likely not have noticed whether or not she left a bag beside her seat in the departure lounge.

Dressing like a fundamentalist terrorist provokes suspicion, hatred and avoidance by other members of the public. Stop that ridiculous costume play at once, and watch how much better you are received in public.

Bottom line is dress like normal human beings when in public among people of different religions than yours, and keep the Halloween costumes for private use while praying and such. Ban the hijaab, the bhurka, and all manner of religious concealment costumes, in the over-riding interest of public safety NOW, WORLDWIDE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by ckmayoca: 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Jakumo:

You would have done better to leave the building entirely as a precaution. At just ten meters from the blast zone, your relatives would only have been able to salvage pieces of your shirt to bury when the smoke cleared. Wetting you self find go for toto doctor office ? Abi you wan go learn apprentice for that kind work ?

My advice is that you FLEE whenever possible upon sighting any humanoid figure wearing a Batman costume, ANYWHERE. While awaiting a connecting flight in a European airport lounge some time back, I was alarmed to see an Arab woman, dressed in those nasty black robes, get up and walk away from a large bag. I wasted no time in alerting a passing security man, who checked the bag contents and determined them to be harmless. Were that same woman dressed in normal Western attire, I would not have placed her under such careful watch, and would likely not have noticed whether or not she left a bag beside her seat in the departure lounge.

Dressing like a fundamentalist terrorist provokes suspicion, hatred and avoidance by other members of the public. Stop that ridiculous costume play at once, and watch how much better you are received in public.

Bottom line is dress like normal human beings when in public among people of different religions than yours, and keep the Halloween costumes for private use while praying and such. Ban the hijaab, the bhurka, and all manner of religious concealment costumes, in the over-riding interest of public safety NOW, WORLDWIDE.

You are right but the person I went to see was worried about her appt wit doc so she won't leave cos it was her turn to go in.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by mykeljosef: 12:47am On Jan 17, 2017
ban the poo

b4 we became christians or Muslims we were first humans

so something is a threat to our human safety ban it
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by BeClever: 12:58am On Jan 17, 2017
freeze001:
According to Prof Ishaq Oloyede: No o! I would rather they enforce strict niqquab usage for all female muslims not just hijab so they can truly practice what mohammed has commanded. Loss of lives is immaterial because it is greater haram for a woman's figure to ever be seen in true islam. It will amount to an attack against islamic practices!
undecided cry

Imagine how a human reasons..

When some young girls are escaping from Saudi to other countries where they could be free from mental and religious slavery...

Why don't you quickly join ISIS or BokoIdiots, they are the ones the practice pure Islam..
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by Jokerman(m): 1:00am On Jan 17, 2017
What's the essense of the hijab sef??
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 17, 2017
jiinxed:
It should be banned only in the east. The northerners can keep bombing themselves into oblivion.

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by idupaul: 1:03am On Jan 17, 2017
Hijabb must never be banned please
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by naijaking1: 1:03am On Jan 17, 2017
Ask Morocco, where wearing, making, or even thinking about Hijab is banned.

1 Like

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by TeleboiZ005(m): 5:28am On Jan 17, 2017
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss grin grin grin

STOP HIJAB.STOP SUICIDE BOMBERS!.
LIFE FIRST BEFORE RELIGION!

grin grin
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by TeleboiZ005(m): 5:30am On Jan 17, 2017
jiinxed:
Bros u wickedgrin grin
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by KidsNEXTdoor: 5:34am On Jan 17, 2017
No ban on hijab
The northerners are enjoying the bombings in their region..... They are not complaining
Let the bombing continue
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by KidsNEXTdoor: 5:36am On Jan 17, 2017
jiinxed:
Abeg

1 Like

Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by freeze001(f): 6:02am On Jan 17, 2017
BeClever:

Imagine how a human reasons..

When some young girls are escaping from Saudi to other countries where they could be free from mental and religious slavery...

Why don't you quickly join ISIS or BokoIdiots, they are the ones the practice pure Islam..

Easy there...the reference to Ishaq Oloyede should have told u something. Maybe u should find out who he is...
Of course I detest the contraption, u should have paid attention to the emoticons as well... jst playing devil's advocate.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by BeClever: 7:27am On Jan 17, 2017
freeze001:

Easy there...the reference to Ishaq Oloyede should have told u something. Maybe u should find out who he is...
Of course I detest the contraption, u should have paid attention to the emoticons as well... jst playing devil's advocate.

Asa nwa, don't mind me sometimes, my vexation for these oily souls is so contagious that sometime my left hand feels it too..

Nne gbapuru m ekwe nti gi..
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by freeze001(f): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2017
BeClever:

Asa nwa, don't mind me sometimes, my vexation for these oily souls is so contagious that sometime my left hand feels it too..

Nne gbapuru m ekwe nti gi..

Ezigbo nwanne mmadu! Nsogbu adighi.
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by BeClever: 10:08am On Jan 17, 2017
freeze001:

Ezigbo nwanne mmadu! Nsogbu adighi.

Nne cha m oku na akara beclever1314 NA gmail tinye kwa dot com..

Ka anyi siri ebe ahu koriba..
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by freeze001(f): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2017
BeClever:

Nne cha m oku na akara beclever1314 NA gmail tinye kwa dot com..

Ka anyi siri ebe ahu koriba..

Udo di. Ka m zitere gi ozi kita
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by Super1Star: 11:01am On Jan 17, 2017
As long as the bombings are to the Northern Hemisphere of the country, I care less about whether they are wearing burka or hijab or niqab or even dressing naked.

If they put their religious activity before their security, how is that anyone's business?
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by zippopo(f): 9:58am On Aug 23, 2017
What's this hijab stuff self... If God what's us to be covering our body... What are those beautiful long hair meant for? To be seen only by my husband? Buh the husband can open his hair to be viewed by other women?you cover everything for your husband, buh your husband is free to marry and look at another woman? Smh
Re: Should Hijab Be Banned In Nigeria due to suicide bombers? by zippopo(f): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2017
Make both the men and women dey wear the hijab, settle... The men can dress d way they like buh d women should cover everywhere.. Partiality...

(1) (Reply)

Fani Kayode, Among Those Planning A Coup: Oodua Youths / Why PMB/APC Erased GEJ/PDP achievements In SE/SS / ADIGAMABO WUKARI Replies Prof. Jerry Gana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.