Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer (22144 Views)

See Why PHCN Is Dismissing Officials Over Prepaid Meter / See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by AZeD1(m): 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
Why call APC? Your distribution company is a private company but then I doubt your story because for everyday the transformer is not fixed, the company is losing money and I doubt the management would be happy losing money.

1 Like

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by flyca: 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
mikolo80:
when will you volunteer to change things
I'm already a volunteer, wanna join our team?
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by martolux(m): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
PHCN officials are more currupt than 9ja Police. Some even work hand in hand with community leaders to carry out their evil deeds; you begin to hear tranformer maintenance charges etc. (regardless of d advent of d prepaid meter). Very common in in residential areas that are just developing.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by daveP(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
If the corruption fight had started with this phcn of a body, I'm sure the change mantra wouldave made sense to all. but now even students steal laptops and phones in numbers just to survive, innocent faced one at that. Abacha is watching if his. record will soon get broken.

1 Like

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by invectives(m): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
alero8:
Write them on twitter!
pls what's dia Twitter handle?
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by mmsen: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
Save your money and invest in solar.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by jagabanban: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
The government has put in place a process for addressing such issues. People, who have been benefiting from the inefficiencies in the system, would not allow the change to happen. Simply put, it is corruption fighting back.

To the best of my knowledge, people at the helms of affairs at the DISCO are not completely unaware of the sharp practices perpetrated by the guys in the Area offices. However, they are handicapped by the unavailable skills in the market. There is unemployment. But the available jobs do not have skilled people to fill them. Letting this people go will also cause a lot of uproar. Not even at a time like this when some banks just sacked people.

BAck to the matter, what you should do:
1. Send a mail to your DISCO
2. Copy NERC (info@nercng.org) and CPC (contact@cpc.gov.ng) in the mail.

OR
1. Write and send a letter of complaint to your DISCO
2. Mark a copy to NERC and CPC

It may take some time but you will get the desired result. That is what we did in my neighborhood.

invectives:
This happened a week ago,Transformer got damaged from a thunder strike.

PHCN officials haven't come to fix it,why?cos the neighborhood is now using fix prepaid meters.(pay as you go) so according to them,"nothing for us again".

Is this how to effect the change mantra of the current APC no nonsense zero Corruption regime?.please if any PHCN official is reading this,kindly impress on your colleagues here in NKemba axis Uyo to do the needful.

Thank!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by ceejay80s(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
Forget nepa, make una go buy solar panels and batteries
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by Oteebaba(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
I like ur writeup buh m now disgusted cos instead of u to call out the power distribution company dats distributing power in ur area, u called apc. Y must u call apc. Is it apc Dat privatised the power sector or is apc a distribution company. Ppl sha keep blaming apc for every sorrows in their life. Pls do the needful too and call out the company giving u lite biko. Apc my foot

1 Like

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
flyca:
As an aside:
Overhead distribution lines spoils the esthetics of the environment. Underground wiring is the way to go. I write these because one day, someone reading here will be in the position to change things. Bless!

Well so I thought as well. But a little research about the 2 styles, it turns out underground is more expensive. To plan, set out and construct. Hence Nigeria chose the former, overhead .

Underground lines are usually set up before any land is sold or houses built. Intact it is the style used when the Government OWNS all the land in the area and divides into plots. After all the infrastructure (and roads too) have been placed, then people may build houses last.

Nigeria has developed backwards. Houses are already in place before infrastructure. It will be even MORE expensive to change to underground now.

2 Likes

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by jayboi146: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Tedassie:
@invectives
Petition them na...then fast&pray or relocate to my area(Nwaniba) like a Bo$$ grin
we de chill like kings 4 nwaniba

1 Like

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
Don't mind them, 99‰ complain abt governance, just abserve and relate psychologically and philosophically wit ppl close to you, then you would assert that when the get there, they will definitely do the worse. How would Nigeria develop, when majority of the population are devilish even than the lucifer... A tree can't make a forest; be there and be ranting APC is bad; Buhari is a dullard, idiotic fool! check yourself first.
Some ppl would come here now and say is the level of poverty that many are engraved in as a result of poor governance that is the cause of some ppls lack of dedication to duty. I want you to know that many guise under present or past poverty to be extremely wicked and greedy; take note, it has been philosophically proven that someone who has actually encountered poverty wouldn't want others to see it let alone experience it if they possess the power to librate... Its just by
His grace, if not, this country is not worthy to exist on the face of the earth. What kind of beings are most Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by mashnino(m): 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
invectives:

PHCN officials haven't come to fix it,why?cos the neighborhood is now using fix prepaid meters.(pay as you go) so according to them,"nothing for us again".

Is this how to effect the change mantra of the current APC no nonsense zero Corruption regime?.please if any PHCN official is reading this,kindly impress on your colleagues here in NKemba axis Uyo to do the needful.

Thank!!!!

Wanted to say something about the issue

as soon as i saw APC.. i changed my mind

1 Like

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by nellyelitz(m): 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
invectives:

Thank!!!!
Ette change ado ata scam
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by lordcenred(m): 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
invectives:

Thank!!!!

But they gave light along Abak rd today, though they've refuse to share their prepaid meter to any other location except Ewet housing, Nkemba and port Harcourt Street
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by saintneo(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
invectives:

Thank!!!!

First things first, there is nothing like PHCN and they do not have any staff. Your area Uyo is covered by PHED.

Have you made any complaints to your nearest Service Centre? A documented complaint!

The fault you experienced might not be what you think. No transformer can pack up because of thunder strike.

My sincere advise kindly visit your local Service Centre and inform the Service Manager about your predicaments. If it is not resolved you can take your case to NERC.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by Airoflaw(m): 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
change

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by mrkings84(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
When did u start using computerized electricity charges in that part of d world? Abi una don amalgamate to Cameron??
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by dabossman(m): 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
How foolish can these guys be? So, if their disco doesn't make money at the end of the month from consumers, how do they expect to get paid their salaries? Or they think they are still doing ministry work? I laff in Greek.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by teemy(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
invectives:

Thank!!!!

On my meter bill there is the customer complaint number in case faults are not corrected on time. Check if yours has one listed.

1 Like

Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by teemy(m): 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
AZeD1:
Why call APC? Your distribution company is a private company but then I doubt your story because for everyday the transformer is not fixed, the company is losing money and I doubt the management would be happy losing money.
The management does not fix transformers but the field boys. Consider their nonchalance that made it necessary to scrap the old NEPA. They care more about their take home.

If there was a traitor in the OP's neighbourhood/landlords' association he/she would have been organising collections by now but it seems they are one and undivided in requesting for the right service.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by deniyor: 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
flyca:
As an aside:
Overhead distribution lines spoils the esthetics of the environment. Underground wiring is the way to go. I write these because one day, someone reading here will be in the position to chanhe things. Bless!

There's a lot of maintenance involved in using U/G cabling and facilities. Don't be so quick to go either way without considering its pros and cons.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by dabossman(m): 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
How foolish can these guys be? So, if their DISCO doesn't make money at the end of the month from consumers, how do they expect to get paid their salaries? Or they think they are still doing ministry work? I laff in Greek.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by yoged(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
tmtech:
let's face fact, govt or fashola did not tell dem to ignore ur transformer. it is a Nigerian factor and u know it..this won't stop until mob justice is called upon or other forms of civil disobedience by the masses. why do u think phcn don't go away with disconnected service wires in Lagos, yet they still do in most state.. everyone is a potential law breaker if the environment is suitable
some people won't accept what u said but believe my brother . Mob justice works faster . Happens in ilesa ,osun state . Light has been regularly untill when this horrible woman was posted to ilesa. She started complaining about the light ,they started rationing it . Na so guys go give them maximum shishi. Passed sense into the their brain.. Light is much better again according to what I heard .
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by bejeria101(m): 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
vickylincon:
Must you now blame apc, I just tire for this country.. Small thing go happen.. It's either you blame apc or buhari.. How will that solve the problem. Instead of you to channel the grievances to them on Twitter or lay an official complaint at public bureau.. You are saying is this what APC promised. Until we change our mentality and take actions ourselves and stop all the blame game. We won't move forward.
We have the executive, legislative, judiciary and media. It seems to me only executive and judiciary are working. The other two that are meant to checkmate them are just doing eye service

And which mentality is that if i may ask? As usual when ur inept and clueless govt dnt knw what to do is it not to blame others. Na pdp/gej send the thunder? Give the pple light biko.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by moski5(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
jagabanban:

The government has put in place a process for addressing such issues. People, who have been benefiting from the inefficiencies in the system, would not allow the change to happen. Simply put, it is corruption fighting back.

To the best of my knowledge, people at the helms of affairs at the DISCO are not completely unaware of the sharp practices perpetrated by the guys in the Area offices. However, they are handicapped by the unavailable skills in the market. There is unemployment. But the available jobs do not have skilled people to fill them. Letting this people go will also cause a lot of uproar. Not even at a time like this when some banks just sacked people.

BAck to the matter, what you should do:
1. Send a mail to your DISCO
2. Copy NERC (info@nercng.org) and CPC (contact@cpc.gov.ng) in the mail.

OR
1. Write and send a letter of complaint to your DISCO
2. Mark a copy to NERC and CPC

It may take some time but you will get the desired result. That is what we did in my neighborhood.

Also place a call to their Cc
yu can search 4 d no. via Google
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by flyca: 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
deniyor:

There's a lot of maintenance involved in using U/G cabling and facilities. Don't be so quick to go either way without considering its pros and cons.
In modern power systems, UG cablings are made to be so robust that they hardly need maintenance. Fault Analysis are simulated (computer based) and pulses sent through the underground lines to detect where the line is open circuited. So you don't need to dig up a while lot of earth to identify fault area.
The pros of UG cabling far outweighs the cons.
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by vickylincon(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
bejeria101:

And which mentality is that if i may ask? As usual when ur inept and clueless govt dnt knw what to do is it not to blame others. Na pdp/gej send the thunder? Give the pple light biko.
you sef hear yourself, when they blame gej, is it not glaring they cause most of what we are going through? Even though I don't support the blame game cos we vote u in to change what was wrong not to blame. And you are talking about light, guess you are not in this country when the Avengers are blowing up gas plants that supply gas to power stations
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by darediamond(m): 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
Saving #100 everyday for 6 years would enable anyone to own a 2KW Pure Sine Wave Inverter Solar Generator.

That is at lowest level if you can not afford it at a go.

I detest now PHCN electricity to the core as my Solar Gen is doing the magic.

The Sun is free.
They can not stop it from shinning.

Stop putting your destiny in of fellow humans hands.
Use your money to make life better for you the more.
Forget Nigeria Government as to Powering your Devices and Gadgets.
No one can meter Sunshine which is in Abundance in Nigeria allover.

If you can even do without electricity in the Night, Youbcan avoid battery altogether and go for Grid-tie Pure or Modified Sine Wave Inverters that converts Solar Panel DC output to AC without any fucki g intermediary in the name of Costly Deep Cycle batteries.

You wanna be controlled and pummelled or Be Happily independent as to Electric Power Generation to Power Your devices? The choice is yours.

As for me I declare: Bleep PHCN!!!
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by Donsammi(m): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
prepaid meter .l0l
abi they ar just enj0ying it...
De Shit have been here 4 past 4yrs .abj th0
Re: Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer by invectives(m): 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
Symphony1:
Don't mind them, 99‰ complain abt governance, just abserve and relate psychologically and philosophically wit ppl close to you, then you would assert that when the get there, they will definitely do the worse. How would Nigeria develop, when majority of the population are devilish even than the lucifer... A tree can't make a forest; be there and be ranting APC is bad; Buhari is a dullard, idiotic fool! check yourself first.
Some ppl would come here now and say is the level of poverty that many are engraved in as a result of poor governance that is the cause of some ppls lack of dedication to duty. I want you to know that many guise under present or past poverty to be extremely wicked and greedy; take note, it has been philosophically proven that someone who has actually encountered poverty wouldn't want others to see it let alone experience it if they possess the power to librate... Its just by
His grace, if not, this country is not worthy to exist on the face of the earth. What kind of beings are most Nigerians?
Who said APC is Bad.all y'all have comprehension issues.what I meant is those PHCN guys are trying to undermine Buhari anti corruption regime.haba,Zombie oh zombie,zombie oh zombie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okada Rider Electrocuted To Death In Otukpo, Benue State (PHOTOS) / "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments / Any Spiritual Implication For A 29yr-Old Sharing Bed With Her Mum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.