Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Should I Take Up A Security Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Take Up A Security Job? (2194 Views)

I Need Advice On Taking A Security Job In Dubai(it Urgent Pls) / Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? / Dubai Security Job Offers For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take Up A Security Job? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2006
I am a graduate of Finance with a 2.2 who have roamed the streets of Lagos without a job.

Please should I take up a security job with one of the eateries in Lagos for 13,500 per month?
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by naijacutee(f): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2006
You do not need anyone to tell you what job to take. If you need to keep body and soul together until you make a break then who's business is it what you earn?

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by edmondo(m): 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2006
the choice is urs,am also a graduate wit better grade(2.2) and i av not gotten a job for couple of years now.
if u wish to take up a security job and is ok by u ,go ahead
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by IBEXY(m): 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2006
Do u have another/better choice ?
If not, my brother take am up fast fast.
It can at least provide transport money with which u can continue looking for a bette option.
There is nothing to be ashamed of in doing honest work.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by Seun(m): 11:55pm On Nov 28, 2006
There is nothing to be ashamed of in doing honest work.
True talk!
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by shoks: 3:04am On Feb 25, 2007
it is more honorable 4 u to take up this job than to steal of be continually dependent on your parents. half bread is better than none.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by Agboola1(m): 4:03pm On May 06, 2007
the best is to take the job and continue your search. ive discovered that most companies prefers employing people from an existing job. apart fom adding experience to your CV it helps pay some bills,by the way says you cannot climb tall from there?
i know a lot of people that have made it through security jobs,.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by Agboola1(m): 4:09pm On May 06, 2007
security job in hand is better than white collar job in oblivion!
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by bomega4u(m): 7:56pm On May 06, 2007
i agree taking the job is better than nothing, but what experience is it going to add to the guys cv? agboola1 answer please!
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by igbonla(m): 9:19pm On May 06, 2007
@fynewaka,

Will this security job give you time to run around to look for a better job?
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by oom62: 9:53pm On May 06, 2007
My brother half bread is better than nothing. At least accept the job for now and do it whilst keeping your sight on your intended job. God will grant you the desire of your heart. Try and be patient but persist and dont give up. It always almost gets worse to get better. Even abroad some of us have had to do some odd jobs in order to get to where we are today. Remember, no condition is permanent in this world! God will promote you. Be encouraged and God bless. This is not the end it is only the beginning.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by otokx(m): 4:11am On May 07, 2007
N13500 is better than nothing.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by sartorius(m): 7:41am On May 07, 2007
its ture that half bread is better than akara, but you will have to consider few stuffs like, would you be able to look for a new job since the security job will be time consuming, it also doesnt add to your cv, reject any location which is unsafe,
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by Soundmind(m): 9:20am On May 07, 2007
I know someone who worked as a security staff with the then Continental Trust Bank. Today, he is a full staff of Union Bank not a security staff again. His work in CTB help him much in securing that job. Bros, take it up and hopefully, that will lead you to a better offer.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by Ndipe(m): 9:38am On May 07, 2007
Half a loaf is better than none, so take it. It would be ideal, if your job is niteshift, or swing shift, so you can scout for job opportunities, in the day. Best wishes.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by freelance(m): 9:44am On May 07, 2007
I would advise you not to take up a security job. Is it not better for you to be a Teacher than a security man? I understand what you are going through but if you search and drop your cv's in schools then you would sure get a job. And that would be  better than taking up a securityy job.

If you seek, then you will find.

You will succeed!!!
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by hisking: 12:03pm On May 07, 2007
my candid advise is not to take the job. for a finance graduate, ur open doors are there with a little more search. if u're still within the banks age limit keep tryin and if must do something 2 keep u going, do that dat will add 2 ur carreer or will tailor u 2 it. a job ike dat has above average chances of killing ur self esteem nd b4 u no it, ur life becomes small. do keep hope alive
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by joey22(f): 12:20pm On May 07, 2007
i think i agree with freelance. being a teacher in a private school is better and earns more respect than being a security man.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by afolayangs(m): 1:23pm On May 07, 2007
Yes i agree with others

Most secondary schools needs account teacher and teaching profession is also one of the careers opportunity in finance.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by cgift(m): 1:58pm On May 07, 2007
Even these schools you guys are advocating discriminate saying yoou dont qualify except you have a degree in education!
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by adconline(m): 3:46pm On May 07, 2007
half bread is better than chin chin
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by ogbolu64: 4:26pm On May 07, 2007
I can see that you are a lazy person! do you need anybody to tell or advise you whether to take up a job as this or that? you are pretty lazy and looking for where to drop the blame.

Case you will read from someone like me though, I will rather tell you NOT to take up the job, satisfaction matters in whatever we do! (that is if you are the right thinker!). I could see someone telling me that you would not have asked the question in the first place if you are a right thinker!

When I was in that your situation some years back, I went self employed instead of =N=4,500 then (1994), Average banker was on about 12,000, and I was getting (on average) about 14k; since then, things have been looking up.

You may be tempted to ask me what would you do, and I am very fast to tell you that "you may decide to sell graduate pure water". If you're zealous about it, you will go employ other gradutes!

all the best. kakoo!!
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by otuonye(m): 5:12pm On May 07, 2007
O boy, make you take that job fast ooo.

If you no take am, somebody fit collect am from you ooo. At least, you fit dey find transport to dey waka for other jobs. I am serious about this. Just try and get that job - you need it.

Jojo
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by hope(f): 6:13pm On May 08, 2007
my brother take up the work atleast it will keep body and soul together.
The most important is that uyou can get some thing bigger from here,have you forgot that eateries place are where u can meet alot of important personalites and thing may change ffor the better.Doh this is will also apply the kind of character you will put up there,if you will develop friendly relationship with the customer .
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by angelchi(f): 7:00pm On May 08, 2007
take d job my dear, nothing is too small n its nt something u will do 4 ever its jus 2 keep bodi n soul 2gether.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by peteroby(m): 1:10pm On May 14, 2007
abeg fynewaka, go for the job.come to think of it freelance,joey and fola u guys got it all wrong.i was once like FY before i got a security job for 3,800 a month.it was a humble begining for me,and when my oga find out about my back-ground he brought me in. and today i run my own thing in a big way.

i also know many guys who started as a S guard but today are MD in so many companies.i have personaly recruited gradutes as a security guards for companies who in turn employ these them as a full staff knowing that we have vetted them.if i no talk am,una no go no.
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by ceejay963(m): 9:47am On May 15, 2007
Its better to take the job contact I will giv you same security job in Migerian stock exchange wher my company works now for 15000 at least its a place about finance you can jam your luck , ceejay
Re: Should I Take Up A Security Job? by ceejay963(m): 9:54am On May 15, 2007
Sorry about the mistake , call 08033969417

(1) (Reply)

Great Lessons You Can Learn From Helen Keller / Using Wisdom To Make Exploit In Your Career / Nigeria Defence Academic (N.D.A.) Form Is Out...details Call- 08036569878

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.