Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

How Many Months Does It Take For Poultry Hens To Start Laying,please? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Many Months Does It Take For Poultry Hens To Start Laying,please? (1047 Views)

Can Snails Start Laying Eggs At 4 Months Old? (our Success Story) / Meet The Igbo Man Who Is A Cattle Rearer And See How He Does It / Farmer Whose Hens Lays Blue Eggs Due To Recession Curses Nigerian Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Months Does It Take For Poultry Hens To Start Laying,please? by blacq2009(m): 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
I started a poultry farm in March. Started with 150 birds for the reason that I'm a novice. They're a week to four months now. At what month/weeks are they expected to start dropping and how many crates will I possibly collect a day with the said number? Old farmers here, please gimme answers. Thanks in advance. Will try uploading their current pics tho.

CC:
FarmTech
All poultry farmers
Re: How Many Months Does It Take For Poultry Hens To Start Laying,please? by Samelle(f): 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
blacq2009:
I started a poultry farm in March. Started with 150 birds for the reason that I'm a novice. They're a week to four months now. At what month/weeks are they expected to start dropping and how many crates will I possibly collect a day with the said number? Old farmers here, please gimme answers. Thanks in advance. Will try uploading their current pics tho.

CC:
FarmTech
All poultry farmers

They generally begin to lay between 18 to 20 weeks. They don't all lay at once, however, so you have to be a little more patient. You should get about 4 crates daily, as they won't all lay every day. I hope other more knowledgeable poultry farmers shed more light. Good luck.
Re: How Many Months Does It Take For Poultry Hens To Start Laying,please? by blacq2009(m): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2016
Samelle:

They generally begin to lay between 18 to 20 weeks. They don't all lay at once, however, so you have to be a little more patient. You should get about 4 crates daily, as they won't all lay every day. I hope other more knowledgeable poultry farmers shed more light. Good luck.
Thanks, dear.
Re: How Many Months Does It Take For Poultry Hens To Start Laying,please? by Samelle(f): 9:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
blacq2009:

Thanks, dear.

Anytime, Mr.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch The Video Of How To Stake Tomato Plant In Open Field / Donkey Skin 4kg @#30,200 Each. Pickup in gombe / We Supply Palm Kernel In Large Quantity,palm Oil Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.