Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) (3452 Views)

NTEL Coverage Areas In Lagos / Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result / Ntel Makes First Volte Call In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by Pangea: 11:55am On Jun 17, 2016
texazzpete:

You know they are just rolling out.

They told you coverage is not yet universal

On their website, Egbeda is not listed among the covered areas. Ogudu is.

Why exactly are they supposed to refund you for your own mistakes, especially when you've started using it to browse in Ogudu?

The OP has a point. Obalende is listed among the covered areas and so he MUST receive service or get a refund + apology. I don't think you have a case, to be honest.

Here's the link to the areas of coverage here http://www.ntel.com.ng/4g-lte-coverage/

I asked the customer care and was told that I should get reception in Egbeda
That some people there are getting reception
That was why I handed over the money.
You think I will pay knowing fully well service is not available?
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by onyema1D: 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
bros, before you get a SIM they usually tell you where there is coverage and what type of devices work on their network. Did t they ask you what kind of phone you have?

chachanga:
Probably a software glitch! Happens all the time in a new operation. They'll keeping debugging etc and it should be right as rain in no time.

But, you're gonna have to go after them in person. Don't let any LooneyBin simpleton come on the thread later, telling how you're verbalizing an "impossibility". It's their textbook-theory brain that's addled and mottled. You'd be amazed how often people generalize and contest issues they know little of. I'd be a billionaire if I had a gameshow daring people to bet on hasty generalizations and shooting them in the head to impound their life's effort / impound their wealth if they lost the bet later.

I doubt NTEL's just gonna start off shooting themselves in the leg with crappy customer handling like that.

Go after them; the 2k mayn't be much but you paid for a service. So, get it &enjoy it!
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by onyema1D: 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
Thunder, you need to go back there and report. a friend of mine says it could be a glitch. please go back there
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by thunder74(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
UPDATE!
I went to PWD today and Charity/Military Cantonment and the network worked fine on my phone. I downloaded about 20 motivational videos within 20 minutes. I think the challenge is that they do not have coverage in many parts of Lagos. My wife called me that she was able to browse at Ogudu this morning on her way to Alausa.
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by paulabdeel(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ntel seems a still born or at best a premature baby. I reserved a line and when the lines were said to be available, I travelled down to Lagos to redeem it. I could not locate either of the two addresses I penned down. I am quite familiar with Lagos, having spent twelve years there. I later discovered many people had the same experience. I returned to base.
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by dustmalik: 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
thunder74:
UPDATE!
I went to PWD today and Charity/Military Cantonment and the network worked fine on my phone. I downloaded about 20 motivational videos within 20 minutes. I think the challenge is that they do not have coverage in many parts of Lagos. My wife called me that she was able to browse at Ogudu this morning on her way to Alausa.
Well, now you know that coverage has been the problem. Hopefully, they will expand to more places.
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by dustmalik: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
paulabdeel:
Ntel seems a still born or at best a premature baby. I reserved a line and when the lines were said to be available, I travelled down to Lagos to redeem it. I could not locate either of the two addresses I penned down. I am quite familiar with Lagos, having spent twelve years there. I later discovered many people had the same experience. I returned to base.
ntel officially started issuing Sims in Lagos this Monday. But they have been operational in Abuja since April.
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by kawazaki(m): 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
thunder74:
UPDATE!

I think, you need to update the Topic. A lot of People read ONLY headlines not details
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by MaziOmenuko: 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
thunder74:
UPDATE!

It will be irresponsible for you not to modify your topic after discovering that they didn't set out to dupe you and it was network issues. Also modify your original post to include this update.

Next time, try to get the root of a matter before trying to spoil someone's business and reputation. it is when all possible avenues has been exploited and failed that you are allowed to come online and rant.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by ivyy(f): 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2016
Kondomatic:
Are you sure that you've set your phone to auto select any available network? It could be on 3G or WCDMA only.

Hi dear, please I need your vote and support in the thread below. It's the grand finale and you can o lyrics vote for one.

Just a minute of your time please.

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Voting format : "I vote ivyy cc Nljega ''

Just copy and paste the voting format into the thread. Thank you.
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by Kondomatic(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2016
ivyy:

Hi dear, please I need your vote and support in the thread below. It's the grand finale and you can o lyrics vote for one.

Just a minute of your time please.

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Voting format : "I vote ivyy cc Nljega ''

Just copy and paste the voting format into the thread. Thank you.
Just came out from nland prison, i missed everything
Re: Ntel Lagos limited coverage (Topic Edited) by SAUCEKID1: 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

It will be irresponsible for you not to modify your topic after discovering that they didn't set out to dupe you and it was network issues. Also modify your original post to include this update.
Next time, try to get the root of a matter before trying to spoil someone's business and reputation. it is when all possible avenues has been exploited and failed that you are allowed to come online and rant.

I think this thread topic is right on the mark. Two days ago, I bought one of their sim cards from a their mobile bus stand at Baruwa where I live. I mean i wouldn't have stopped to make enquiries knowing that area to not be included in the coverage map I had seen online, but they approached me saying they had two new offices in the vicinity. Great stuff! I bought it. Paid 1000 naira and did the necessary biometric registration. Waited 1, hour like they said and since then nothing. I have taken myself and my sim to the office location on their flyer. Nothing. No physical or radio presence at all.

I then reached out to friends (all my friends are geeks) and got two more testimonies to the same thing. Bought a sim from a bus and haven't tasted the advertised greatness that is ntel. (4G phones are no issue here)

Now mind you I have got 3 friends who attested to the god speed that is ntel. They stay on the island. So my beef is not that they're purely out to defraud lagosians but that doing such entertaining promotional campaigns (oooh those dancers) should be limited to coverage areas cos selling empty groundnut pods as groundnut does not count as selling groundnut

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Pictures Surrounding Note 7 Burst / Where Can I Repair My Blu Phone / My Problem With Chinese Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.