Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! (27865 Views)

Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months / Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? / FBN Now Charges 5% On All Card-related Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by truthspeaks: 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
EnterPRO:
not really cool if it involves DCC.

otherwise, bravo !

dcc? can you educate me a little more please?
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Freakypinky(f): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
idupaul:
Face book ads always contribute to capital flight ..let's learn to buy Nigeria and advertise on Nairaland joor

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by olanshile2016(m): 11:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
nice move

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by afanide: 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nice to see that the Naira is being valued..........

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Orikinla(m): 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
[size=20pt]Millions of Nigerians on Facebook have made millions of dollars for Facebook by their daily supply of content of news, information, gossip and chats with millions of photos and videos. But Facebook does not even give them a cent in return.
I advise them to turn to blogging where Google shares millions of dollars from adverts on Google AdSense with bloggers for the posts on their blogs.
Then share the links to your blogs as updates on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
Google shares advert revenues with bloggers. But Facebook does not share revenues from adverts.
Without users' posts, Facebook will crash.

If a social network does not appreciate your contributions of contents, don't waste your data on it. Even LIB rewards regular readers
Facebook is not free, because you pay for every second you spend on Facebook.
You pay for power supply and you pay for internet..
I have made over N1 million on Facebook before I spent N150, 000 on boosting posts on Facebook.[/size].

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by jeebz: 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
DivideUs:

dcc? can you educate me a little more please?

Facebook Ad Service is Registered in Ireland. So your bank(the card issuer) expects you to checkout the payment in Euro or USD. By displaying a naira value for the payment, Facebook has already done the conversion from the billing currency(USD/Euro) to Naira. This conversion should be done by the card issuer(your bank) and not the merchant(Facebook).

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Emeka71(m): 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
kasson:
Has anyone tried it yet?
For where ?
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ezechinwa:
This means our naira will gain value, because Facebook need to change the naira to dollar thus, making more circulation of dollar into our country and creating demand for the naira... for the record, this is a positive step and commutatively leads to the above.... To the laymen's understanding.

LOL! Facebook is getting their cash in DOLLARS not naira. Who would give facebook Naira? Which bank? How? Your bank would convert to USD before sending the money to Facebook's acquiring bank. lol

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by lonelydora: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
grayht:
Lemme disconnect my neighbours light before i comment..

How do you know your neighbor's mains? I just pray that compound won't go up in flame one day.
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by macaranta(m): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
This is awesome .visit my signature.
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
That's change.
change everywhere. Thank God for PMB... Facebook just perceived Baba's body language.
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Speakdatruth: 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2016
NnamdiN:
how do you place ads? I tried once, post reach was 7k and not a single conversion, na jazz?
lol dis serious
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
coolsix:

LOL! Facebook is getting their cash in DOLLARS not naira. Who would give facebook Naira? Which bank? How? Your bank would convert to USD before sending the money to Facebook's acquiring bank. lol

how was it being operated when it accepted only dollars?
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by rexzqcom(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ezechinwa:
This means our naira will gain value, because Facebook need to change the naira to dollar thus, making more circulation of dollar into our country and creating demand for the naira... for the record, this is a positive step and commutatively leads to the above.... To the laymen's understanding.

Facebook changing naira they received to dollars, mops dollars out of our circulations. Creating more scarcity of dollars. Although it Will create more business transactional opportunities for Nigerians. Think is reflecting CBN recent capital movement flexibility.
Facebook is now confident they can change their naira earned to dollars in Nigeria money market at reasonable rates, for unward return to their home base.
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by kasson(m): 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
Let's still wait then..
Emeka71:
For where ?
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
[size=14pt]time for them all to start paying tax to Nigerian government.

they pay tax to all European and American governments why are they not paying tax to African governments??

in Nigeria alone, Facebook have more than 30 million users! evaluate that and you see hoe much they are making from Nigeria alone!

They seriously need to start paying tax to us too! angry angry[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by itsmyxme(m): 12:05am On Jun 18, 2016
Sirin Labs Launches Solarin: A Military-Grade Super Smart Phone Worth $14,000+
Read More:http://bizzletechworld..com/2016/06/solarin-phone-specs-price-2016.html
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Electroweb(m): 12:07am On Jun 18, 2016
This oyinbo companies are adapting to our dollar wahala. The need our money o.
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Raypawer(m): 12:12am On Jun 18, 2016
they would'nt do that cos now the banks are left to source for their doll, so no bank will answer any foreign coy say change, i see even paypal bowing to naira

socialmediaman:
This may not be exactly Good News Yet, Read Why

Amazon has been accepting payment conversion in Naira for at least 2 years now (i first used it in 2014), the problem still is that they will bill you the naira but demand the money in USD equivalence from your bank (usually high).

Bottom line is that Nigerian banks will still require customers to use USD debit cards to make purchases from foreign companies like Facebook because they pay these companies in USD. Except of course foreign exchange ceases to be a problem for the banks.
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nonkit(m): 12:19am On Jun 18, 2016
EnterPRO:
not really cool if it involves DCC.

otherwise, bravo !

DCC = Dynamic Currency Conversion. it will convert the dollar amount to naira at CBN rate.

only Stanbic cards appear to support it for now. other banks have blocked it on their cards.

if FB uses DCC, you won't be able to pay with your naira MasterCards. you will need to use a dollar denominated card and choose their dollar option unless your bank supports DCC.

that's unnecessary stress.
Very correct!

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Ofirmee(m): 12:51am On Jun 18, 2016
Nah that group invite dey suppose dey charge for, people go just dey add you to groups anyhow without your consent. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by stshakes(m): 1:14am On Jun 18, 2016
It works... I have started using it for like 4days now and the results are awesome!
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by banmee(m): 1:58am On Jun 18, 2016
idupaul:
Face book ads always contribute to capital flight ..let's learn to buy Nigeria and advertise on Nairaland joor

Let me understand your logic. So if you owned a company, you'd rather advertise with someone who would give you 2 million views over someone who would give you more than a billion views. Makes sense. What's your name again?

1 Like

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by graphiti: 4:01am On Jun 18, 2016
Good for them grin
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by graphiti: 4:08am On Jun 18, 2016
idupaul:

banmee:

Let me understand your logic. So if you owned a company, you'd rather advertise with someone who would give you 2 million views over someone who would give you more than a billion views. Makes sense. What's your name again?

Somborri sure needs a mouthwash!

#team~ buy Nigeria!!!
God bless America Nigeria

Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by kenoz(m): 4:18am On Jun 18, 2016
Good news
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nairadays: 4:33am On Jun 18, 2016
Good for Nigeria
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by miqos02(m): 5:08am On Jun 18, 2016
ok
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by diamondlizzy(f): 6:00am On Jun 18, 2016
Hope it pay us sha cry
Re: Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 18, 2016
NnamdiN:
how do you place ads? I tried once, post reach was 7k and not a single conversion, na jazz?
It's very easy! Placing ads isn't the problem,its actually making it seen by your target audience. That is the set of people you want to see ur ad! I am a digital marketer and I boost ads on Facebook. It is actually cheaper than setting up an ad account because

1. You can do it without paying a dime until you get a huge reach to your target audience.ie Facebook will charge you after you have gotten the result you want which is getting views from your target audience.
2. I can easily boost your ad with my fanpage on Facebook. I own a personal blog as well. Even use my MasterCard to do initial transaction and you can balance me later.
3. You can choose how long you want to boost your ad and those you want to see it on Facebook eg two weeks,a month or 16-70 years target audience.
4. You can also choose the region or country that you want to see the ad. Like Lagos or Nigeria.
5. Finally, you can get to choose if you want only men or women to see the ad. Like Always pad ad should be mostly for women.
6. You also get to see your own ad live if you fall within the requirements of target audience. grin
Contact me for more details: kimberlugee@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) / Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.