Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (949 Views)

Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by goodman3(m): 11:35am On Jun 17, 2016
Good day!.....
I believe there are Christians in here. I am here to speak on an issue which I have taken time to think through.
I see a lot of christian folks in the medical profession and most times I ask what they are doing there. Every medical doctor is under an oath which Its origin is not fully known. Before u can be a doctor, u will have to swear the HIPPOCRATIC OATH......on the day of your INDUCTION. in the Christian faith, it was clearly stated that swearing of any form is not allowed and considered a sin. Why then do I see Christians in medical school? Are they not aware of this OATH? Or did they just choose to turn a blind eye to the truth?
The medical profession has always been like a cult since the days of Hippocrates. It was initially designed with knowledge of secrets of the practice that should only be passed down to children of physicians in the olden days. Medical practise actually started like a brotherhood/cult.....the medical logo says it all(a snake wrapping a cross).....my point here is anybody who calls himself a true Christian cannot become a medical doctor without SIN (TAKING THE OATH).

So my dear Christian friends, are you really for God or do you choose to go against his instruction just because you want to enjoy the gains of being a medical doctor?.......THATS BEING A HIPPOCRITE!

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by DANO1011(m): 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
hmmmmmmm...... that's your thought. hope you know visiting them is also a sin!

4 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
Sounds silly. You shouldn't say the national pledge either.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Aspiregreat: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
Third World country.
Third World personality.
Third World mentality.
Third World ideology.
Third World......

We just need to get ride of such mentality before we can make any headway .
#sedating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by dancuz(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
Reading this just made my IQ drop.

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Swazzkid(m): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
op no hard feelings but I think you re wrong on this coz doctors save lives n secondly d Bible Neva mentioned dat it was wrong for a Christian to be a doctor......about d oath taking its necessary because u ve to prove dat u wouldn't deny ny human d right to live..... yah taking oath is bad according to the Bible but dis is a positive oath nt a negative oath
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by goodman3(m): 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
An oath is an oath.
Swearing is swearing.
Don't twist a word from the bible to your taste.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Vyntra(m): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
op go sleep,Luke was a physician in the bible

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by RandomVic(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
Senseless thread...
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
lol..... if your analysis is to be considered, then all Christian should not go to tertiary institutions because they always take oath on matriculation day.

Point 2, all Christian should not engage in white wedding because the partners will always take oath

OP, your logic on oath taking is disparaging.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Walexey(m): 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
This is the dumbest thing I've seen all day!!!!
Op, silver and gold I have none but what I have I give unto you. ...receive sense!
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by skymath(m): 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
An oath is an oath.
Swearing is swearing.
Don't twist a word from the bible to your taste.

Do you know that another name for an oath is covenant ? Making your loyalty known is not a sin. Even what you are practicing in everyday life that has to do with commitment and dedication put you under the responsibility to fulfill certain promises you've made with yourself and others.

Pledging your allegiance is not a crime when your course seems worthwhile. Concerning christians shouldn't be physicians, then how do we imitate our father who is the creator of creatures, he commits the care of these fragile parts of ours to some people he gives the knowledge even he knows he's fully involved with them. When Jesus left his parents on their way back to jerusalem, he was found sitting amidst of Doctors, asking them questions and answering them also (luke 2:46).

Back to what the bible says concerning an oath, just be a straightforward-person, people may demand that you swears before they can believe you but you should know whether your words are true or lies. Let your Yes be Yes and your NO be NO. Anything that is further from truth is no more true. Truth doesn't persuade to conviction, it forms the basis of conviction that no one can evade.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by lilmax(m): 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
This thread is dead on arrival

Even the op know say he F up gringrin
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by lalasticlala(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2016

(1)

Latest Style In Town That Against The Religion / Meet Rev. Father Paulinus Ike Ogara, The First Indigenous Priest Of Ugbene-ajima / Night Of Help From Above (prophet Zion Rotimi Ilesanmi A.k.a Baba Zion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.