Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (32540 Views)

Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by goodman3(m): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2016
Good day!.....
I believe there are Christians in here. I am here to speak on an issue which I have taken time to think through.
I see a lot of christian folks in the medical profession and most times I ask what they are doing there. Every medical doctor is under an oath which Its origin is not fully known. Before u can be a doctor, u will have to swear the HIPPOCRATIC OATH......on the day of your INDUCTION. in the Christian faith, it was clearly stated that swearing of any form is not allowed and considered a sin. Why then do I see Christians in medical school? Are they not aware of this OATH? Or did they just choose to turn a blind eye to the truth?
The medical profession has always been like a cult since the days of Hippocrates. It was initially designed with knowledge of secrets of the practice that should only be passed down to children of physicians in the olden days. Medical practise actually started like a brotherhood/cult.....the medical logo says it all(a snake wrapping a cross).....my point here is anybody who calls himself a true Christian cannot become a medical doctor without SIN (TAKING THE OATH).

So my dear Christian friends, are you really for God or do you choose to go against his instruction just because you want to enjoy the gains of being a medical doctor?.......THATS BEING A HIPPOCRITE!

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Evansjj(m): 11:03am On Jun 17, 2016
this what I don't really understand same can be said to law

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by mekuso89(m): 11:04am On Jun 17, 2016
bros forget the matter. hypocritical oats is it sin to Christian alone?

3 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by goodman3(m): 11:08am On Jun 17, 2016
@mods front page pls
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Beamborla(f): 11:15am On Jun 17, 2016
Christians shouldn't even attend any higher institution then. You'd be required to sign and swear on your matriculation day.

They'd swear you in for NYSC as well.

Christians shouldn't go for any public office because you'd be made to swear an oath as well(they'd swear you in)

Even as a witness, you'd have to swear.

(my dear, the question or the concern should be what are you swearing for and what are you swearing to)

314 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by goodman3(m): 11:33am On Jun 17, 2016
Read the Hippocratic oath and check the medical logo.......then come back and tell me this. Medicine is of an ancient tradition that most doctors know nothing about. Read about the history of curing diseases, you will see that medical profession is like a cult.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by osesology(m): 11:33am On Jun 17, 2016
Wow, l never knew this, l came to learn. Maybe l should call my deeper life friend, Faith, who is studying medicine, to ask her the same question.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by queenoflafia(f): 11:39am On Jun 17, 2016
Hmmm confusion shall never end

2 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by ValentineMary(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2016
Ironically one of the attributed writers of ur gospel (Luke) was a physician. And OP the snake sign is not a cult sign ooo in fact it was gotten from the story of Moses when God told Moses to make a bronze serpent.

Christians on nairaland would not kill me with laughter.

252 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Joagbaje(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:

Every medical doctor is under an oath which Its origin is not fully known. Before u can be a doctor, u will have to swear the HIPPOCRATIC OATH......on the day of your INDUCTION.

What does the oath say . . . . Kindly post it for us to judge if its satanists or not supposing it's just a vow of commitment . Just as we make wedding vow .

in the Christian faith, it was clearly stated that swearing of any form is not allowed and considered a sin. Why then do I see Christians in medical school? Are they not aware of this OATH? Or did they just choose to turn a blind eye to the truth?

The issue of concern now i think it's the word "SWEAR". But if we have full information from you we can understand the principle behind it. If it's just an oath ,vow ,pledge . Etc. We will be able to judge better if its occultic . Because there are several statement of commitment we make in life that are not necessarily evil . Such as . National anthem ,national pledge,wedding vows Etc. To my understanding . It's seem to be a semantic issue. Swear an oath,make an oath , make a pledge , make a vow.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by DeSepiero(m): 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
op needs his brain back sha

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
The delusions continue....

Pathetic people who can't make the cutoff here springing nonsense...

Carry on, it's a free world....

28 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by CAPSLOCKED: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
TRUE CHRISTIANS SHOULD NOT EVEN OWN PHONES OR CARS.. ..
AS RELIGION AND SCIENCE DON'T AGREE WITH EACH OTHER. HAHA, CUNTS!
cheesy

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by ngmgeek(m): 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
k
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
G
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by salabscholar01(m): 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
ok
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
True, it applies to law too
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Pavore9: 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ignorance is deadly!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by robosky02(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
OP let me educate you a bit it seems you are an ignoramus,
you would have simply ask why the oath.
because the benefitof MEDICINE to humanity can not be quantified.

This is the original version of the Hippocratic Oath, in Greek and then followed by the English translation:

ὄμνυμι Ἀπόλλωνα ἰητρὸν καὶ Ἀσκληπιὸν καὶ Ὑγείαν καὶ Πανάκειαν καὶ θεοὺς πάντας τε καὶπάσας, ἵστορας ποιεύμενος, ἐπιτελέα ποιήσειν κατὰ δύναμιν καὶ κρίσιν ἐμὴν ὅρκον τόνδε καὶσυγγραφὴν τήνδε:

ἡγήσεσθαι μὲν τὸν διδάξαντά με τὴν τέχνην ταύτην ἴσα γενέτῃσιν ἐμοῖς,καὶ βίου κοινώσεσθαι, καὶ χρεῶν χρηΐζοντι μετάδοσιν ποιήσεσθαι, καὶ γένος τὸ ἐξ αὐτοῦἀδελφοῖς ἴσον ἐπικρινεῖν ἄρρεσι, καὶ διδάξειν τὴν τέχνην ταύτην, ἢν χρηΐζωσι μανθάνειν,ἄνευ μισθοῦ καὶ συγγραφῆς, παραγγελίης τε καὶ ἀκροήσιος καὶ τῆς λοίπης ἁπάσης μαθήσιοςμετάδοσιν ποιήσεσθαι υἱοῖς τε ἐμοῖς καὶ τοῖς τοῦ ἐμὲ διδάξαντος, καὶ μαθητῇσισυγγεγραμμένοις τε καὶ ὡρκισμένοις νόμῳ ἰητρικῷ, ἄλλῳ δὲ οὐδενί.

διαιτήμασί τε χρήσομαιἐπ᾽ ὠφελείῃ καμνόντων κατὰ δύναμιν καὶ κρίσιν ἐμήν, ἐπὶ δηλήσει δὲ καὶ ἀδικίῃ εἴρξειν.

οὐδώσω δὲ οὐδὲ φάρμακον οὐδενὶ αἰτηθεὶς θανάσιμον, οὐδὲ ὑφηγήσομαι συμβουλίην τοιήνδε: ὁμοίως δὲ οὐδὲ γυναικὶ πεσσὸν φθόριον δώσω.

ἁγνῶς δὲ καὶ ὁσίως διατηρήσω βίοντὸν ἐμὸν καὶ τέχνην τὴν ἐμήν.

οὐ τεμέω δὲ οὐδὲ μὴν λιθιῶντας, ἐκχωρήσω δὲ ἐργάτῃσιν ἀνδράσι πρήξιος τῆσδε.

ἐς οἰκίας δὲ ὁκόσας ἂν ἐσίω, ἐσελεύσομαι ἐπ᾽ ὠφελείῃκαμνόντων, ἐκτὸς ἐὼν πάσης ἀδικίης ἑκουσίης καὶ φθορίης, τῆς τε ἄλλης καὶ ἀφροδισίωνἔργων ἐπί τε γυναικείων σωμάτων καὶ ἀνδρῴων, ἐλευθέρων τε καὶ δούλων.

ἃ δ᾽ ἂν ἐνθεραπείῃ ἢ ἴδω ἢ ἀκούσω, ἢ καὶ ἄνευ θεραπείης κατὰ βίον ἀνθρώπων, ἃ μὴ χρή ποτεἐκλαλεῖσθαι ἔξω, σιγήσομαι, ἄρρητα ἡγεύμενος εἶναι τὰ τοιαῦτα.
ὅρκον μὲν οὖν μοι τόνδεἐπιτελέα ποιέοντι, καὶ μὴ συγχέοντι, εἴη ἐπαύρασθαι καὶ βίου καὶ τέχνης δοξαζομένῳ παρὰπᾶσιν ἀνθρώποις ἐς τὸν αἰεὶ χρόνον: παραβαίνοντι δὲ καὶ ἐπιορκέοντι, τἀναντία τούτων.[4]

the English translation:

I swear by Apollo The Healer, by Asclepius, by Hygieia, by Panacea, and by all the Gods and Goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will carry out, according to my ability and judgment, this oath and this indenture.

To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the physician’s oath, but to nobody else.

I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but never with a view to injury and wrong-doing. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.

Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman, bond or free. And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.
Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I transgress it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.[5]

the Modern version:

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:...

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.
If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Academic Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University, and used in many medical schools today.

87 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Evidence1000(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
There is really confusion everywhere. Ignorance is a disease.

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by nefertitiram: 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
ValentineMary:
Ironically one of the attributed writers of ur gospel (Luke) was a physician. And OP the snake sign is not a cult sign ooo in fact it was gotten from the story of Moses when God told Moses to make a bronze serpent.

Christians on nairaland would not kill me with laughter.

Abeg school them! People will just wake up, get brainwave and open thread. Research, they won't!

Mschewwww!

13 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by NaLaugh: 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
WOW!
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by enohorglo(f): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
hi op, can we see the full content of the oath, before further conclusion can be reached

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by SmooshCHN: 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
Good day!.....
I believe there are Christians in here. I am here to speak on an issue which I have taken time to think through.
I see a lot of christian folks in the medical profession and most times I ask what they are doing there. Every medical doctor is under an oath which Its origin is not fully known. Before u can be a doctor, u will have to swear the HIPPOCRATIC OATH......on the day of your INDUCTION. in the Christian faith, it was clearly stated that swearing of any form is not allowed and considered a sin. Why then do I see Christians in medical school? Are they not aware of this OATH? Or did they just choose to turn a blind eye to the truth?
The medical profession has always been like a cult since the days of Hippocrates. It was initially designed with knowledge of secrets of the practice that should only be passed down to children of physicians in the olden days. Medical practise actually started like a brotherhood/cult.....the medical logo says it all(a snake wrapping a cross).....my point here is anybody who calls himself a true Christian cannot become a medical doctor without SIN (TAKING THE OATH).
So my dear Christian friends, are you really for God or do you choose to go against his instruction just because you want to enjoy the gains of being a medical doctor?.......THATS BEING A HIPPOCRITE!
I don't understand people like you think.. So how many lives have you and your bible saved? How many lives have been saved by Licensed Doctors? There are Christian Doctors and even with you poor knowledge of Basic things in life if you were dying, I'll still help save your life. This profession has saved more lives than our so called fake Pastors who only know how to extort money under the pretense of healing.. Being a good christian doesn't deny you the right to basic thinking of how life goes..

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dude is really slow.. Chai

3 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by zeeudenwa(f): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
gerarahere mehn angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by bebe2(f): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
Good day!.....

Christian shud not marry too,

Abi no be swearing , oathing or vowing be dat one?

11 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by LOSKYXANDER: 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ignorance plus religious fanatism equals stupidity!!! Nigerians, pls stop being stupid!!

10 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by JustHere2Observ(f): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
Smh, yet Luke was a physician.

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Opiletool(m): 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
Congrats! You have succeeded in making absolutely no sense.

4 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by fibe: 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
humm
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Bisjosh(f): 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
So for all the sin for this world na OATH dey worry this one grin undecided

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church / "62-Year-Old Lady Gives Birth After 7 Years Of Pregnancy" - Facebook User Claims / Marriage Alert: Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Splashes Millions On Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.