Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,270 members, 7,829,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village (674 Views)

Soldier Dies While Returning From Official Duty In Adamawa State. Photos / Atiku Abubakar Visits His Farm In Adamawa (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village by ganisucks(f): 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
YOLA, Nigeria (Reuters) -
Boko Haram militants have
shot dead 18 women at a
funeral in Nigeria's
northeast, rampaging
through a village, setting
houses on fire and shooting
at random, witnesses and
local government officials
said on Friday.
The attack took place at
about 5 p.m. (12 p.m. ET) on
Thursday in the village of
Kuda in Adamawa State.
Resident Moses Kwagh told
Reuters that people waited
until three hours after the
attack and had then counted
18 women's bodies.
Some women were still
missing, he said.
A police source confirmed the
attack but said it was not yet
clear how many people had
been killed. The military did
not respond to a request for
comment.
State lawmaker Emmanuel
Tsamdu told Reuters: "I am
yet to get the details on how
it happened and the real
number of people killed. I
have sent hunters to go to
the area and get me the
details because people are
afraid to go to the village."
Kuda is close to the Sambisa
Forest, a vast colonial-era
game reserve where Boko
Haram militants hide in
secluded camps to avoid the
Nigerian military. The village
was attacked by Boko Haram
militants in February.
Under President Muhammadu
Buhari's command and aided
by Nigeria's neighbors, the
army has recaptured most of
the territory seized by Boko
Haram, but the group still
regularly stages guerrilla
attacks.
"When we said that Boko
Haram is still in this place
some people sit in Abuja and
claim that there is no more
Boko Haram, but see what
has happen," Kwagh said.
(Reporting by Emma Ande;
Writing by Joe Brock; Editing

http://ca.reuters.com/article/idCAKCN0Z31D2?rpc=401&
Re: Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village by fkpboss: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
chai....father Lord
Re: Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village by EMMYLBANKS(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
bokoharam no dey participate for rammadah ni
Re: Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village by Smartanthony: 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
i thought dudu said they are technicaly defited then what are they fighting with
Re: Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village by MasterofNL: 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Lalasticlala where art thou?
Re: Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village by MasterofNL: 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
God will surely punish these useless boko haram and their sponsors and whatever they stand for.

May God grant eternal rest to the souls of those poor women.

Rubbish. angry
Re: Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village by Likei(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
oga bubu bokoharam has refused to surrender o....... i thought someone said there's a new sherifat in town.
Re: Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village by Neoguru4: 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
So they were technically killed? Bughari must hear this.
Re: Boko Haram Shoot Dead 18 Women In Adamawa Village by ejilife: 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
APC lieing to niGERians since 1914. Believe me this news will never be reported by the niGERia media houses because they have been paid not to report about the exploits of the Boko Haram boys. Infact, they were threatened that their licenses will be seized if they report the true situation about the Boko Haram activities except the usual one sided victorious bravely acts by the Army headquarters. My soldier friend that just returned from Borno said that the situation on ground is truly different from what is being reported in the media by the lieing APC govt headed by the Dullard of Daura and his cohorts like Lai Mohammad and the spokesperson of the Arm HQ.

(1) (Reply)

This The Change We Asked For - Oshiomole Says / Interrogation: EFCC Rushes Ex Gov, Bala Ngilari To hospital / Anti-ijaw Sentiments Will Escalate Crisis, Iyc Warns.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.