Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Cases That Break And Do Not Break The Fast. And Solutions To All Ur Answers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cases That Break And Do Not Break The Fast. And Solutions To All Ur Answers (956 Views)

God Will Intervene In Cases That Gives You Worry. / Do Not Break The Hedge / 7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cases That Break And Do Not Break The Fast. And Solutions To All Ur Answers by tetengi4life(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Question: When my nose is congested, I feel very disturbed. It disrupts my work. Putting liquid medicine into the nose invalidates the fast. If I apply solid medicine, will it invalidate my fast, too?
ANSWER
Applying solid medicine or ointment inside the nose does not invalidate the fast. Liquid medicine invalidates it.

Question: Swallowing the blood in the mouth or nose breaks the fast. Does swallowing the discharge flowing from the head to the nose break the fast, too?
ANSWER
The discharge flowing from the head does not break the fast.

Question: The oily medicine that I dripped into my ear went out through my mouth and nose. Did it break my fast?
ANSWER
Dropping medicine into the ear breaks the fast.

Question: I am writing from France. My Christian wife gets up at night to prepare pre-dawn meal (sahur) for me. Last night I ate the pre-dawn meal and went to bed at dawn. I was half asleep. Stroking and handling me, she engaged in pre-intimacy with me without me saying anything. In the end I ejaculated, but I had not done any actions. Was my fast broken?
ANSWER
Your fast was not broken because you did not order her to do such things, and you did not do any actions in the process. But one should try to refrain from such risky things that may lead to invalidating the fast.

Question: Does vomiting a mouthful involuntarily break the fast?
ANSWER
It does not break the fast. Also, deliberately inducing oneself to vomit does not break the fast if the vomit is a little. If it is a mouthful, it breaks the fast. A hadith-i sharif says:
(The fast of a person who vomits a mouthful involuntarily is not broken. The fast of a person who vomits a mouthful voluntarily is broken, and it requires the fast to be made up.) (Nasai)

Question: If one rubs hematite to stop bleeding from shaving, does it render the fast void?
ANSWER
No, it does not.

Question: Is the fast still broken even if an injection is given because of an illness?
ANSWER
Yes, it is broken, and it requires the fast to be made up. Eating or drinking after the breaking of the fast does not necessitate kaffarah (expiation that is done by freeing a slave or fasting for 60 consecutive days or feeding 60 poor people).

Question: If one has a nocturnal emission while sleeping in the daytime, does it break one's fast?
ANSWER
No, it does not. When one wakes up, one must perform a ghusl (ritual bath) as soon as possible. It is declared in a hadith-i sharif, "Having a nocturnal emission does not break the fast" (Bayhaqi).

Performing a ghusl does not break one's fast, either. But one must take extra care that no water goes into the body while performing a ghusl. If water enters the body, the fast is broken.

Question: When we are fasting, is it appropriate to use mouthwash for an oral sore?
ANSWER
If the sore in the mouth is not an obstacle to recitation in the namaz, rinsing the mouth with mouthwash is makruh. If it is an obstacle to recitation, rinsing the mouth with mouthwash is not makruh because there is a valid excuse for it.

Question: If a woman is examined by a female gynecologist, is her fast broken? If it is broken, does she have to offer kaffarah (expiation)?
ANSWER
If the gynecologist wets her glove with any kind of medicine or oil, the fast is broken. It only requires the fast to be made up.

Question: The doctor told me that I must be administered an injection for the pain in my shoulders. Do injections and ointment break the fast?
ANSWER
Having an injection breaks the fast, and it requires the fast to be made up. Applying ointment does not break the fast.

Question: Does effusion of blood from gums during the performance of an ablution invalidate the ablution and the fast?
ANSWER
If blood goes out of the mouth, the ablution is broken. If it is swallowed, the ablution is not broken, but the fast is broken. If it is less than the amount of saliva, neither the ablution nor the fast is broken.

Question: If semen is emitted because of gonorrhea, is the fast broken?
ANSWER
It is not broken.

Question: Because I caught a cold, I sniffed back the discharge that came to my nose and swallowed it. Was my fast broken?
ANSWER
It was not broken.

Question: Phlegm comes into my mouth, and I swallow it. Does it invalidate my fast?
ANSWER
Swallowing phlegm does not invalidate the fast.

Question: I eat much at pre-dawn meal. After dawn, I experience regurgitation of food substances into my mouth, and I swallow them. Is my fast broken?
ANSWER
It is not broken. Even if the vomit that comes into your mouth goes back down into your stomach, it does not break the fast, either.

Question: While we are fasting, if the water that we sniff up into our noses goes out through our mouths, does it invalidate our fasts?
ANSWER
It invalidates the fast. If water is sniffed up into the nose and reaches nasal cavity, the fast is invalidated and necessitates re-fasting of that day, as is the case with sniffing up medicine into the nose.

Question: When our saliva hangs down from our lips, are our fasts broken if we lick and swallow it?
ANSWER
If we spit and then lick the spittle, it breaks the fast and entails re-fasting of that day. If it happens as you have mentioned, it does not break the fast. It is as if some part of it is still in the mouth.

Question: If a man puts a piece of cotton into his urethra to prevent drops of urine from coming out, does it break his fast?
ANSWER
It does not break his fast. Placing cotton into the urethra does not break the fast in the Maliki Madhhab, either. It breaks the fast in the Shafi'i Madhhab, but it does not break the fast of a Hanafi who imitates the Shafi'i Madhhab in namaz (salat, ritual prayer).

Question: Does inhaling the steam that forms in the bathroom invalidate the fast?
ANSWER
It does not invalidate the fast. Sometimes patients are made to inhale exclusively water vapor. If vapor goes as far as their lungs when they are made to inhale water vapor in this way, their fasts are broken.

For your questions and answers from international scholars, email dinimizislam18@gmail.com

You can read up the remaining article via this link because it's lengthy
http://myreligionislam.com/detail.asp?Aid=5913

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Celestial Church Where OGUN Celebrities Rush / A Message For The Atheists And The Non Muslims Part1 / Share Your Testimony Of Absolute Trust In God..you Prayed To God In Jesus Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.