Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... (18247 Views)

Convert Sambisa Forest To Grazing Land For Herdsmen, Benue Youths Tell FG / Herdsmen Turn National Stadium , Abuja To Grazing Reserve / Southern Kaduna Says No To Grazing Reserve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by modath(f): 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

A grazing zone would significantly reduce, if not eliminate these conflicting interests

Nope, it will not, it is a form of robbing Peter to keep Paul happy!!

Nomads should have chosen to continue to wear cowskin & walk around bare footed since they want to remain in the stone ages.

I used to be sympathetic to the itinerants till I was made to realise those blasted cows actually belong to some rich mallams up north who will rather not invest but continue to hide behind archaic culture to profit without putting in the work.

Nomads have free movement, show me the section of the constitution that grants their animals same rights & destruction of people's livelihood & Stop comparing human movements to animals, it's insensitive & ridiculous...

5 Likes

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by francizy(m): 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
modath:

Stop being mischievous, you just dey find my mouth, smiley support for Bubu is not superior to my tribal & familial identity....... There is a distinction between support & selling out, we aren't lost souls.. smiley

Where have you been?

hehehehehe.. So if I may.., can I also view the support from a tribal perspective? smiley

been around, just on the lows tho...

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by keally: 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
modath:

http://www.punchng.com/amosun-opposes-buhari-grazing-zones/
Amosun, Amosun, Amosun. How many time did I call you? DON'T GO AGAINST PARTY PRINCIPLES,POLICY AND SUPREMACY. I warn you before you are charged with anti party activity. It is too early in the day for you to join wailers club. Enjoy your change while it lasts.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by tiwiex(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

Our focus on this problem should be herdsmen vs farmers. When those of you who raise pigs start having problems which turn into violence, we can discuss how to solve them. Lets stay focused if we can. Thanks

The issue is not herdsmen vs farmer. It is herdsmen vs culture & communities. You don't infiltrate peoples culture and create foreign communities there and legalize it. This is an opportunity for the northern big men to organize themselves. Have we heard the north seeing this as an opportunity or working out campaigns to even educate on the need for ranches? As we speak, such programmes don't exist. This whole grazing zone is just an excuse to ignore the problem. With this APC government, nothing is what it seems.

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by freeze001(f): 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

A grazing zone would significantly reduce, if not eliminate these conflicting interests

Some questions for u, does the constitutional right to freedom of movement extend to animals eg cattle?

Is cattle rearing a private business venture or owned by the FG like oil n gas resources in the South?

Does the fact that violence has erupted with deaths of thousands because of d activities of herdsmen automatically transfer cattle rearing to the executive list?

How come there is a proposed cattle grazing commission that will be funded by proceeds from oil and gas just because herdsmen decided to be violent? Why isn't d FG more interested in marking off large swathes of land for farming as off limits to rampaging cattle?

Why will the poultry rearers or snail breeder etc confine his animals to specific areas but cattle must be allowed to roam free? Why the special status for cattle? I can understand that d fulani like to take long walks as tradition, do the cattle also have that tradition? How was it communicated to you?

Why do u think it is right for d FG to annex land anywhere and still be responsible for setting up and maintaining grazing facilities? Is cattle rearing now a joint venture between the FG and fulani herdsmen?

You seem all concerned about lives being protected. Why do u think d owner or herder of cattle restricting and caring for his cattle within a specified area known as a ranch, registered and taxable by the government will not save lives? You keep asking for viable alternatives, how come this isn't viable enough for you?

If it is about the urge to move around, the cattle do not have same urge, just the fulani humans. What is wrong or out of tradition if they go traipsing where they please without such large animals and d dangerous weapons they carry and without trespassing into any settlement? Will d nomadic urge which according to u, they choose to exhibit and live by, not be satisfied?

Finally, what is this primordial desire to have government approved access across all areas of Nigeria by d fulani without regard for the traditions and cultures of others who abhor d nomadic lifestyle? Why cause offence that can be avoided? If the nomadic grazing is restricted to d North and animals penned up and transported wherever for sale, will lives still not be saved? How come fulanis must roam all over Nigeria in d name of cattle rearing but d developed countries we aspire to be like do not have cattle breeders roaming all about? Is d quality of beef here better by any chance?

3 Likes

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
modath:

I used to be sympathetic to the itinerants till I was made to realise those blasted cows actually belong to some rich mallams up north who will rather not invest but continue to hide behind archaic culture to profit without putting in the work.

If the above were true of the overwhelming majority of the herdsmen, I'd be opposed to the bill in question as well. I'm almost certain that your opposition to the bill in question may be based on Fulaphobia rather than the above claim.

modath:

Nomads have free movement, show me the section of the constitution that grants their animals same rights & destruction of people's livelihood & Stop comparing human movements to animals, it's insensitive & ridiculous...

We all know that constitutional rights are granted to humans. How do you expect me to show you a non existing section of the constitution?

What I know is that both the herdsmen and farmers have been granted the right to move freely across the country. Additionally they are entitled to their personal liberties including the liberty to own crops and cows; the liberty to transport their crops and/or cows to what ever destination they choose through any means of transportation they choose.. The constitution states that no person shall be deprived of such liberty. You can read between the lines and note that the herdsman are constitutionally protected and can move their cows across any state in this great country. This is not an issue to be debated.

What we have here are conflicting interests which continue to trigger violent responses. It is incumbent upon all of us to find a way out. I happen to believe that the passage and implementation of the provisions of the grazing bill is a first step towards reducing the violence.

We'll continue to agree to disagree on this issue until you offer a practical solution to the problem.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Olabestonic001(m): 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

What would you suggest as a practical solution to this problem. We all agree that the status quo is unacceptable.

Bro, ranches is still the best.
Do you know how much milk Fulani herdsmen loss in transit? A ranch will help reduce such loss, eliminate herdsmen and Farmers clashes, ensures they can even sell dungs to farmers etc.
Ranches is a win-win situation.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
freeze001:

Some questions for u, does the constitutional right to freedom of movement extend to animals eg cattle?

Is cattle rearing a private business venture or owned by the FG like oil n gas resources in the South?

Does the fact that violence has erupted with deaths of thousands because of d activities of herdsmen automatically transfer cattle rearing to the executive list?

How come there is a proposed cattle grazing commission that will be funded by proceeds from oil and gas just because herdsmen decided to be violent? Why isn't d FG more interested in marking off large swathes of land for farming as off limits to rampaging cattle?

Why will the poultry rearers or snail breeder etc confine his animals to specific areas but cattle must be allowed to roam free? Why the special status for cattle? I can understand that d fulani like to take long walks as tradition, do the cattle also have that tradition? How was it communicated to you?

Why do u think it is right for d FG to annex land anywhere and still be responsible for setting up and maintaining grazing facilities? Is cattle rearing now a joint venture between the FG and fulani herdsmen?

You seem all concerned about lives being protected. Why do u think d owner or herder of cattle restricting and caring for his cattle within a specified area known as a ranch, registered and taxable by the government will not save lives? You keep asking for viable alternatives, how come this isn't viable enough for you?

If it is about the urge to move around, the cattle do not have same urge, just the fulani humans. What is wrong or out of tradition if they go traipsing where they please without such large animals and d dangerous weapons they carry and without trespassing into any settlement? Will d nomadic urge which according to u, they choose to exhibit and live by, not be satisfied?

Finally, what is this primordial desire to have government approved access across all areas of Nigeria by d fulani without regard for the traditions and cultures of others who abhor d nomadic lifestyle? Why cause offence that can be avoided? If the nomadic grazing is restricted to d North and animals penned up and transported wherever for sale, will lives still not be saved? How come fulanis must roam all over Nigeria in d name of cattle rearing but d developed countries we aspire to be like do not have cattle breeders roaming all about? Is d quality of beef here better by any chance?

I have a very simple response to your questions.

There is no price too high to pay for the life of a single Nigerian.

The violence needs to stop. shi kena
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Bro, ranches is still the best.
Do you know how much milk Fulani herdsmen loss in transit? A ranch will help reduce such loss, eliminate herdsmen and Farmers clashes, ensures they can even sell dungs to farmers etc.
Ranches is a win-win situation.

I do not disagree that Ranching is not a good thing. In fact it should be encouraged and supported. What many posters do not understand is that, ranching is already thriving in Nigeria, although its in its infancy - where do you think the cows transported via trailers and rail, come from? . Successful Ranches must be maintained by well-trained professionals.

We are talking about Nomads here. It helps to keep things in perspective.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
Wyttcat:
Unlike some people who said they are no slaves yet falling over themselves to give their land for grazing before they are even asked.

please where can i locate these people
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by freeze001(f): 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

There is no price to high to pay for the life of a single Nigerian.

Ah...the cowardly, underhand tactics has been exposed. So the game plan is to wreak so much violence and havoc on Nigerians until we are blackmailed into agreeing that there's no price too high to pay for the life of a single Nigerian? So if d fulani are not imposed with their cattle on Southern lands by law, they will continue to kill? Then they must be forcibly stopped because their right to freedom of movement is not without exception.

I dare u to answer all the questions I have posed and watch urself trapped by ur own words. You have been asking for ur idea of a more viable alternative to d wanton loss of lives n property at the hands of marauding herdsmen, how come u refuse to address my points? That way u can explain why it has to be the selfish and anti-Christian and anti-southern provisions of that infamous grazing bill.

5 Likes

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by freeze001(f): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

I do not disagree that Ranching is not a good thing. In fact it should be encouraged and supported. What many posters do not understand is that, ranching is already thriving in Nigeria, although its in its infancy - where do you think the cows transported via trailers and rail, come from? . Successful Ranches must be maintained by well-trained professionals.

How hard can it be to train the nomads? Has there been effort to train them that failed? Then the owners of d cattle should remove the cattle from their care and hand them over to d trained professionals that agreed to accept training.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Olabestonic001(m): 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

I don't get that. Are Fulani nomads not herdsmen? Nomad is anyone who travels or like traveling for business, right?
The Fulani herdsmen after the embracing of ranches can't still be nomads without using their cows to encroach lands of farmers. They can be nomads who are basically marketing their cows around. This nomads can have fotos and videos of cows they wanna market to people. These nomads would make more money and can control markets by fone calls. That nomadic culture would even be exported world wide.
You've agreed with me that the Ranches is a win-win solution; why not promote that sir. Also, we can just help our Nomadic Fulani dt still wanna keep to status quo to channel that into veritable and aggressive marketing of cattle's in the ranches.
Oh! I longed for a time when we can have a Fulani herd men app that I can use to buy my cow and its dairy produce easily. Let's think forward rather than destructively.
Fulani herdsmen present recourse is not the best even for their business. Why mix blood with your toil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by poseidon12: 11:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Jakumo:
Yeah buddy. Governor Amosu remains ever the diplomat and the statesman, whose cloaks his righteous rage in polite, carefully selected words that squarely address the crime of SABOTAGING AND DESTROYING agriculture all across Nigeria, that is currently being perpetrated by Boko Haram terrorist squads masquerading as cattle herders.

For those who still require a translation of the terse words spoken by the calm and collected governor, let me help you out with a more direct translation.

To you Boko Haram cattle terrorists and farmland wreckers, what Governor Amosu really means to say, in plain language, is as follows :

"Take your crop destroying cattle, along with your rifle-wielding, woman defiling terrorist "herders", and stuff them up your crusty Boko Haram anus, for all we care. In other words, you marauding kidnappers, murderers and crop thieves, kindly go phuck yourselves in YOUR farmland, conveniently located for you in the barren desert wastes of northern Nigeria. Thank you very much for your cooperation, and God bless Nigeria."

Funny translation. All the southern governors should unite in opposing the so called grazing route.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by macaranta(m): 11:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Well said.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 20, 2016
nduchucks:

This is a very insensitive statement which smacks of ignorance. It completely ignores the nomadic way of life of the herdsmen. To truly solve the problem at hand one must consider all of its components and apply ingenious solutions.

Thinking outside of the box coupled with wisdom is essential here.

Please I am a nomadic Igbo, give me a piece of land at Abuja to do my business.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Nobody: 2:22am On Jun 20, 2016
freeze001:

Free Education. Weldone my brother. Some of these people are truly lost. I keep saying it, India has 10x the population of cattle Nigeria will ever aspire to have, but you will never hear this nonsense there. Cows are even religious animals there.
Useless people with useless ideologies! They want free passages to loot, kill, enslave and destroy in the guise of cattle rearing ; but God won't keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 20, 2016
nduchucks:

Nobody has the monopoly to violence, all you are seeing are disorganised people who would one day get organised and fight these marauders. Trust me, it's only a matter of time till violence will be answered with violence and this will lead to a forced peace. It happened in Jos, it can happen in Benue and Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 4:22am On Jun 20, 2016
mykl01:

Please I am a nomadic Igbo, give me a piece of land at Abuja to do my business.

mazi, otu asi ka i bu.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by cococandy(f): 6:11am On Jun 20, 2016
Can rochas do this one?
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by PentiumPro(f): 6:33am On Jun 20, 2016
nduchucks:

I don't like Fayose for many reasons, but this kind of statement from an arrogant northerner like you ensures that having one Fayose around is always desirable and preferable
So your violence is actually to blackmail southerners to release their land for your cattle grazing?

3 Likes

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Ahmeduana(m): 6:33am On Jun 20, 2016
nduchucks:

This is a very insensitive statement which smacks of ignorance. It completely ignores the nomadic way of life of the herdsmen. To truly solve the problem at hand one must consider all of its components and apply ingenious solutions.

YOU ARE SAYING TRASH IN THIS 21ST CENTURY?

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Ahmeduana(m): 6:34am On Jun 20, 2016
nduchucks:

This is a very insensitive statement which smacks of ignorance. It completely ignores the nomadic way of life of the herdsmen. To truly solve the problem at hand one must consider RANCHING WAY OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY tell me a more better way if not....
YOU ARE SAYING TRASH IN THIS 21ST CENTURY.

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by abdulwastecx(m): 7:20am On Jun 20, 2016
nduchucks:

This is the hight of stupidity.... When people talk has if they are born with some special preveledge I get angry.

Fulani don't have any special right to move cow around in other to destroy people's family, kill and rap women.

Grazing route is a stupid idea to start with and that is why I think we need to restructured Nigeria seriously. we have a country seriously messed up by British, they give more political power to a section of country in other to have political influence.

I am a South westerner (yoruba) born and brought up in the north and I am seriously angry with this stupid bill to begin with. Country like Holland have more cattle, diary products than Nigeria with a population of less than 20m, they have domesticated ranches and they do their business without affecting other people. Here we have fulanis don't want to continue their 17th century traditions of pilling, robbing and rapping innocent women all in the way of cattle rearing.

We will keep fighting for serious federalism where we can control our resources and land so that intruders like you will not have the hordacity to demand for land as if it belongs to your father

6 Likes

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by abdulwastecx(m): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2016
nduchucks:

Our focus on this problem should be herdsmen vs farmers. When those of you who raise pigs start having problems which turn into violence, we can discuss how to solve them. Lets stay focused if we can. Thanks

Fulani way of life should not have any negative impact effect on other Nigerians. The reasons why we are debating this issue is what is wrong with Nigeria, how can you carry weapons freely in a country with gun control law, Block highways to rob innocent people, sack a whole village, rape women and still come back here demanding land for Grazing.

I also hate your tone of entitlement, how many igbo traders in kano has been giving a special route or market free of charge where they can do their businesses?

Cattle business contribute close to zero to our national income, why give it all these priority to a group that just migrated to Nigeria less than 200 years ago

6 Likes

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2016
nduchucks:

mazi, otu asi ka i bu.

Mana ginwa n'onweghi ekwuteghi ihe ï kwuru. Ndi ugwu chóó ízu ehi, ha ga goru ala ruoro ehi ha ebe obibi. Mana asi ka ekenye ha ala n'obi nna'm, sí kenyekwa'm ala n'obi Nna ha.
Obu k'omere.
Ndewo undecided
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by lagosrd: 8:21am On Jun 20, 2016
nduchucks:

U just want to speak grammar. So as to satisfy your grammatical imagination he should wait until some barbaric lunatics kill all our dear old people in the name of normadism. Tie gbó na (listen) are they not supposed to have been enlightened since 1960 niiiiii abi where else do you find nomadic activities in the world again if not for God forsaken countries which am sure Nigeria is not a part off. Abeg park well

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by kooto(m): 8:30am On Jun 20, 2016
very good,
Gov Amosun did not support it, if being nomadic with cows is their way of life; no problem if should be limited to their region where they have vast land to do all that, here in the South it is causing us problems.
they should respect that.

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by CyerSeries: 9:59am On Jun 20, 2016
I'm glad that Yorubas are seeing the northern game plan... Wreck so.much violence and in turn propose for grazing reserve son that peace will reign. Also, you people can see that these northerners doesnt understand diplomacy, the only language they understand is equal force.. They are hell bent on getting what they want and that is conquering and dominating the whole Nigeria even if it means by force.. This grazing reserve bill is one of their systematic ways of carrying pit their evil plan and trust me, if this one fails, they are still coming out with another one. We in the SE say NO to grazing reserve.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nuelyoyo(m): 10:17am On Jun 20, 2016
DIVINE78:
Why are south east governors not talking against the establishment of grazing reserves?
its all politics, all the south east governors consider themselves potential VP candidates for the 2019 general election, even some PDP SS gov are not left out. But they don't know that they are selling the freedom and peace of their pple because of personal interest. I expect civil society groups and citizens in the SE and SS to protest peacefully against their govs caving in.

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Jakumo(m): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2016
The terrorist cattle herders' paid spokesman assigned to the Nairaland political discussion forum is SO busy expending precious energy feverishly explaining to his captive internet audience why southern Nigerians should roll over and play dead in the speculative event that FORCIBLE LAND GRABS are magically imposed by government DECREE, allowing Boko Haram terrorist squads to symbolically dip their Holy Books in the subdued Atlantic Ocean, after pillaging and plundering crops, wives, daughters and farming communities alike, along their trampled path of wanton destruction, all eagerly encouraged and backed militarily by federal LAW ha ha ha ha.

All the precious resources being squandered on internet publicity campaigns that tout an attempted legislative edict destined to prove dead on arrival, would have been far better spent by the cattle herders purchasing land as private investors, and at nominal current market prices per acre, way the puck out there in the Sambisa Forest, among their own warm and loving kinfolk, where massive, sprawling cattle feed lots covering square MILES can be conveniently established to feed the entire sub-Saharan geopolitical region with fresh NAMA meat daily.

Anyway, truth be told, online entertainment can and does take many different forms and MODALITIES, therefore the imaginative flights of fancy and hypothetical scenarios being conjured up to share this discussion topic are all very much appreciated in that welcome light.

The sooner our renowned and so very persistent Seriki Alihaaaaaji Chuku-chuku Dan Fulani of the NAMA fame recognizes the REAL manifest destiny reserved for Nigeria's cattle-rearing, farmer-murdering class, the happier the usurpers will all find themselves, while profitably managing their massive cattle feed lots over there amid the beautiful rolling hills, escarpments, sweeping deserts and fetid swamps of the Sambisa Forest.

Thank y'all for your cooperation. It has been real. It has been nice, but it has NOT been real nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by freeze001(f): 11:03am On Jun 20, 2016
mykl01:

Free Education. Weldone my brother. Some of these people are truly lost. I keep saying it, India has 10x the population of cattle Nigeria will ever aspire to have, but you will never hear this nonsense there. Cows are even religious animals there.
Useless people with useless ideologies! They want free passages to loot, kill, enslave and destroy in the guise of cattle rearing ; but God won't keep quiet.

I am a sister please... smiley No mind yeye people wey no go talk true wetin dem dey find because of the unfortunate incidence of being lumped in one country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 / El-rufai And Wife Celebrate 31-Year Wedding Anniversary / 'Treating PDP As A Pushover Is Dangerous' - Yahaya Bello Warns APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.